They are here after all! Maybe? EDIT: Yes!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

I spotted Gaile (EDIT: yep it’s her!) in the Grove today. Why wouldn’t Gaile rep Anet? To stay incognito, of course.
Note the username.

Attachments:

(edited by KestrelGirl.9267)

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Anet staff do not alway show Anet guild. Probably to hide from stalk.

That say. If this is Gaile and only 11 Mastery point I guess she do not play HoT much.

If that not Gaile some one will get force name change soon I think.

;)

(edited by Qugi.2653)

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Gaile Gray

I don’t think who you ran into in Gaile Gray, but I could be wrong.

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

She said she has 2 accounts. One is an “official account” where she wears the tag and the other is an unofficial account, where only her friends know who she is. It’s possible this is one of them, maybe the official account, which is the work account which would be why it has a low mastery number, and she’s not showing the ANet tag for some reason.

That say. If this is Gaile and only 11 Mastery point I guess she do not play HoT much.

More than a forced name change. It’s a bannable offense to pretend to be an ANet staff person.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Siobhan.5273

She said she has 2 accounts. One is an “official account” where she wears the tag and the other is an unofficial account, where only her friends know who she is. It’s possible this is one of them, maybe the official account, which is the work account which would be why it has a low mastery number, and she’s not showing the ANet tag for some reason.

More than a forced name change. It’s a bannable offense to pretend to be an ANet staff person.

I’d think if she was going incognito, she’d avoid the use of that name. I would!

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’d think if she was going incognito, she’d avoid the use of that name. I would!

Yah, which is why I think it’s her official account that she logs on to to work while in the game. Very possibly she isn’t repping the ANet guild and showing the tag because she is “away” and doesn’t want to be conspicuously there on the map.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

i heard that they only hav to rep anet guild when they are working, but well, they always seem to be working as they always rep anet guild

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

KestrelGirl.9267

Okay. After what you all are saying, and especially given that her actual account’s display name is Gaile Gray, I’m pretty sure this is either her alt account or a fake that should be banned. I’ll report the account if it becomes clear it’s a fake. I added whoever it is. Just in case. :P

Now we wait for Gaile’s response.

(edited by KestrelGirl.9267)

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

I may report the account if it becomes clear it’s a fake. I added whoever it is. Just in case.

LOL – now watch as some junior CS rep gets your ticket and bans Gaile’s personal account.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Her main character name that everyone recognizes is Gaile Gray, correct? Since this char is named Gaile Gray and no two chars can have the same name, I would say that this is her. A fake would have to be named something like Gail Gray or Gaile Grey.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

More convincing to me is the fact that the character is wearing all purple and has Kudzu. At the risk of sounding like a creepy stalker Gaile likes purple and has been collecting cool bow skins since GW1.

So it’s either her and she just happens to be repping a different guild for whatever reason, or it’s a very detailed fake. A fake who also managed to get the exact same name, with no obvious substituted letters, which is impossible even if the name isn’t used by staff.

Add on the fact that I can think of plenty of valid reasons to rep another guild – maybe she doesn’t want to be bugged by players (as much) or draw attention away from other conversations, maybe she’s been doing stuff with the guild, maybe she was accessing the guild bank and forgot to swap back, maybe they have the 10% waypoint discount and she wanted to use it…..

In other words I think it’s most likely Gaile.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

KestrelGirl.9267

More convincing to me is the fact that the character is wearing all purple and has Kudzu. At the risk of sounding like a creepy stalker Gaile likes purple and has been collecting cool bow skins since GW1.

It’s not just purple, it’s Blacklight, the most expensive purple.

Yeah, you’re right, it’s probably her alt account (because her main is Gaile Gray, not Gaile).

I’ve succeeded in finding the rare, elusive Anet employee!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yeah, you’re right, it’s probably her alt account (because her main is Gaile Gray, not Gaile).

I wonder how many Achievement points that’s worth. Better check your Hero Panel, maybe there’s a title.

Finder Of The Holy Gaile.

ANet may give it to you.

Siobhan.5273

I wonder how many Achievement points that’s worth. Better check your Hero Panel, maybe there’s a title.

hehe, that’s cute!

KestrelGirl.9267

Made my day!

Posted by: Little Leota.5849

Little Leota.5849

Best. Forum. Post. Ever!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Best. Forum. Post. Ever!

Ty. Ty everyone.

(Takes a bow)

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The “official” one is in Malchors right now farming elder wood with people.

Just noticed her mastery level. Looks like the OP just found her representing another guild.

Attachments:

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Siobhan.5273

I feel bad for that other guild now

I hope people don’t spam them for invite requests or anything now and I hope this wasn’t her"quiet time" guild.

As much as Anet folks drive me batty sometimes, at the end of the day, they are people that enjoy some privacy and peace and fun jamming arrows into stuff!

Have fun out there, Gaile. I’ll not ever bother you when you’re in game. I promise to only annoy you on the forums.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

The “official” one is in Malchors right now farming elder wood with people.

Just noticed her mastery level. Looks like the OP just found her representing another guild.

Looks like someone should tell her the difference between elder wood and mithril ore, then.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I have to say, out of all the ANet staff I’ve seen in-game, Gaile tops the list for frequency. With her it’s about 1-3 times per week. I don’t see why OP thinks this is a rarity

KestrelGirl.9267

I have to say, out of all the ANet staff I’ve seen in-game, Gaile tops the list for frequency. With her it’s about 1-3 times per week. I don’t see why OP thinks this is a rarity

Nah, it’s that people keep complaining that Anet isn’t there/doing anything to please my fellow Tyrians, so I had to post my Gaile sighting to prove that they are in fact present and hopefully do care!

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Did she have her special frog minipet?

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey guys, no mystery here! I’m a member of several guilds. So that was me, but I was flying another guild’s “colors” at that particular time. I want to move around and join more guilds over time. Of course, if that means leaving the ones to which I currently belong, that’s a heartwrench, but I know those fine people would understand.

I play about 3 hours every night and every weekend for a ridiculously longer amount of time. Well, unless we’re doing family stuff or I’m traveling, of course.

I enjoy repping Anet, so don’t ever hesitate to say “howdy” so I can do that same! If I don’t answer, it may be that I’ve stepped away to answer an e-mail or do other RL stuff. And frankly, if I’m on a JP, I’ve probably already died 3,194 times, and I’m probably going to ignore the message. Y’all understand that, right? ) But it’s always a pleasure to get to know our players!

One thing I probably should add: Suggestions, requests for support help, feedback, etc., need to go on the forums. I am not avoiding players when I suggest that, it’s just that the forums are the way to go about such requests, and in the case of suggestions, there are legal reasons for using the forums.

I laughed soooo hard! JaFW — I admire your wit! <3

Edit to add: Yes, I need to get this account up to snuff on HoT and masteries, I admit it!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

I play about 3 hours every night and every weekend for a ridiculously longer amount of time. Well, unless we’re doing family stuff or I’m traveling, of course.

Edit to add: Yes, I need to get this account up to snuff on HoT and masteries, I admit it!

Could it be that mastery points are stuck behind adventures and ill timed meta events?!

Don’t you have a cheat code or something? /dm unlock all

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

I almost got to play my multibox band for you Gaile! You were there, i was there, only you were to far away to hear.

Little red Lioka

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Did she have her special frog minipet?

I’ve seen her with a Hylek mini. I expect that’s as close as she can get until they make a special mini for her again.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Could it be that mastery points are stuck behind adventures and ill timed meta events?!

Don’t you have a cheat code or something? /dm unlock all

It’s not too bad. You only have to get 5 MP from adventures to unlock every HoT mastery. That number is continuing to drop with each raid release and will also likely be the same with LS3 this summer.

What would be interesting is if Anet could schedule an evening during the week, or possibly sometime on a weekend, where employees can volunteer en masse to do a particular map’s meta event cycle a couple times. I’m sure there would be many players interested in playing alongside many devs doing events.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

When she says she needs to get “this account up to snuff” I assume that means she has more than one account and this one hasn’t gotten as much attention. She could be maxed mastery on her “main” one.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I almost got to play my multibox band for you Gaile! You were there, i was there, only you were to far away to hear.

So sorry I missed you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)