They wont play anymore.

They wont play anymore.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Sometimes I enjoy mindless farming. But if this does get rid of most of the bots and hurts goldsellers, I’m all for DRs. Remains to be seen whether those botters have or will find ways around it. If they do, then the only people who will be hurt are regular players more starved for gold.

Of course, they could always use the gem shop, but some of us won’t, some of us can’t, and some will risk their accounts by buying from the very farmers DRs is supposed to prevent. I’m in the don’t but my ingame currency with real money category, but so far I haven’t felt any pressure to buy gold from Anet in order to enjoy the game.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Apos.5184

Apos.5184

I don’t think that all the humanoids share the same DR. They are on different meters on the achievement tab, so they must be treated as different types.

The biggest problem is with Orr, which is the last area of the game and the one with the highest drop rates. Absolutely everything there is considered a risen and thus the DR kick in extremelly fast and do not reset,since there is no variety on what you kill.

For example,if you do the main events of Orr, like doing all the pre-chains and then retaking a temple, you might as well give up with the area as well,since you won’t be picking up anything more from there.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Ah about the no variety in Orr i see the problem :P
(havent got to 80)
We could ask the company to remove the DR in the most of parts in Orr , exept the starting easy areas
As i undersand , as ppl progress in Orr things get kitteny > it means bots wont be able to keep up > no gold for them :P

They wont play anymore.

Apos.5184

Nah, they just need to find a way to make the game reward changing areas.

We can’t do much if we are being forced to be in Orr in order to get the end game level items.

Proper loot scaling in lower areas and proper rewards for being there would motivate some of us to do it “their way”.

I mean,really, even increasing the reward for the daily tasks would motivate people to do something extra.

Moreover,they should focus on earning a revenue from things that people would actually buy. Not how to avoid losing revenue,but how to earn more.

Seriously, we don’t even have the option to buy a 1-use re-customization of ourcharacter, but they say that they are being hurt by gold sellers? I mean,seriously, just ask around how many level 80s are disatisfied with just a minor detail of their character, yet they don’t have the courage to do the leveling all over again, then you’ll see how much real revenue they are missing by focusing too much on this.

You can’t stop the bots, they will always find a way around. If they focus on them, then they’ve lost the game. They should focus on providing features that the gold sellers can’t.

They wont play anymore.

Apos.5184

And they also have to introduce lower payment rates as well. 10 euros being the minimum is too much. Even LoL, who was among the first to prove that the micro-transaction system works had 5 as it’s lowest and recently even introduced a 2.5 euro payment option.

They are called micro-transactions for a reason.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Apos

Nah, they just need to find a way to make the game reward changing areas.

I agree. Unfortunately, a lot of people seem to have skipped over my suggestion because I’m a “white knight” who might have an idea that could do what all the doomsayers don’t want to happen: Make the game better.

Also, no transaction’s “micro” whenever NCSoft is involved. Sad but true.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Windklinge.4076

Windklinge.4076

guys did you even realize that to get a legendary weapon you basicly need over 120g alone? these 120g beeing the NPC mats alone! add the ridiculous RNG part on top of that (hello clovers and legendary pre exotics which already sell for 150g+ for a REASON made by anet themselfs) you will highly likely easily bypass 300g on most of them if you are not super lucky.

if the current DR system stays anet must give other ways and options of aquiring the needed things for legendarys. otherwise its just moronic by thier OWN design.

nuff said.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Lysidian.4653

Lysidian.4653

There are several threads in the crafting forum suggesting that the price to make a legendary is around 512gold +500dungeon tokens +explorer +500,000karma +clovers

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Proper loot scaling in lower areas and proper rewards for being there would motivate some of us to do it “their way”.

I mean,really, even increasing the reward for the daily tasks would motivate people to do something extra.

True :P
Completing the daily achiv , give you a box with extra dungeons tokens (chosse which token set u want) + gold + a chance for a cosmetic gear .
Plus introducing new daily achiv , forcing u to do 3 different DEs in 10 different areas , give you x4 or x5 tokens that u could get from a single dungeon run + gold
Giving more life to lower lvl areas all the time :P

Edit: Dusk i really love ur idea :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Koolthulu.9682

Koolthulu.9682

Thanks for the info.

I do think it’s stupid to punish players for actually playing. To me unless players are doing something exploitive, then why care? Fix content that’s broken, fix design that’s broken, and let players play.

This. ANet fix the game and stop worrying about someone grinding for something they want.

I logged in tonight for the first time in a week. I went through 6 different zones and saw that ever single DE/heart/skill challenge I had reported weeks ago was still bugged and that a whole lot more were now messed up. ANet can shot a half-baked and over-reactive hot-fix out the second they think someone is doing something they don’t like, but apparently they can’t fix stuff that has been broken since launch.

I like the game. I really want to play the game. But when ANet seems more worried about knee-jerk reactions to someone getting a little extra gold/karma/tokens than actually fixing the game, I just can’t see myself wasting anymore time on it.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Evil.9061

Evil.9061

Someone asked why I farmed. A few others compiled a few guesses at the costs of legendarys but really, that isn’t it.

Farming, after map completion and dungeon set of choice is acquired, is the only thing that makes me feel like im progressing in this game at all. My main is in full exotics but I never quite feel like i’m progressing.

Going to a lvl 40 zone and being killed by 3 ettin (ele)…its odd, the down scaling, though i understand it, keeps me forever feeling i never leveled past 30. (getting the elite slot)

The gear really isn’t that big of a deal. It’s just something to distract you with at 80 until you have it. It doesn’t seem to make that much of a difference.

(edited by Evil.9061)

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

DR / anti-farm codes are hopefully placeholders and they will make a better system soon.

Unlikely. Guild Wars 1 used the exact same system. We hated it for years.

ANet’s general policy on everything is that they care more about managing the economy than they do about player’s everyday enjoyment of the game. If they feel they can inconvenience the entire player population just enough that it’s only a minor problem, and it makes their workdays a little easier, they will do it.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: dtRush.2861

dtRush.2861

The DR right now is so bad the game is basically unplayable. I get 45 tokens for my first run of the day (I’ve actually NEVER gotten 60 tokens in a run EVER) and then if I go back and do any other dungeon or path, I get dr’d to 30 and then 15, even if the runs are hours apart.

I’m all for punishing botters but not when it affects normal players like this.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Dmorin.9543

Dmorin.9543

most of you already have said what i needed too say on the subject,so I will just say this a
“Storm is coming”.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Mekboss.5069

Mekboss.5069

The only way you will get rid of gold sellers is to remove free trading. If people can’t get something for nothing goldselling will be impossible. Runescape did it a long time ago and it cost them a lot of players. I would honestly rather see free trading removed than constantly have to deal with DRs on every single thing I do because arenanet is so afraid of goldsellers and bots.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Legendary weapons are just cosmetic, they don’t have better stats. You don’t need to own one one month after game launch. It’s legendary armor for a reason. If everyone would be able to get legendaries just one month of playing, it would no longer be called “legendary” but “common” instead.

They wont play anymore.

Evil.9061

Legendary weapons are just cosmetic, they don’t have better stats. You don’t need to own one one month after game launch. It’s legendary armor for a reason. If everyone would be able to get legendaries just one month of playing, it would no longer be called “legendary” but “common” instead.

If one can, one will with motivation. Saying "you don’t need to own one (insert time)’ is your opinion.

World first 80s shouldn’t have been that fast. World first map competitions means they didn’t stop and enjoy the content. Clearing all the dungeons in the first month is too fast.

All Opinions.

(edited by Evil.9061)

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Mekboss.5069

Mekboss.5069

What does that have to do with anything? Not everyone is dead set on getting a legendary right this instant. What makes you think legendaries will fall into our laps if arenanet turns off the DR anyway?

I’m surprised people aren’t suggesting that the game locks you out for a day if you play for more than 4 hours a day.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

Thanks for letting me know that 40-odd people won’t play a massive free to play game after dinging level 80 and decking themselves out in full exotics because they don’t feel a sense of progression and thus want all efforts to cut down on botting to keep the economy healthy dismantled just so these 40-odd people can log in and farm farm farm farm farm gold and then feel like they’re doing something worthwhile with their time, i.e., feeling a sense of ‘progression’.

Here is an idea: How about you and your friends do something fun together and maybe you’ll feel a sense of progression in your friendships, via this free to play online game that has been out for a month.

Have fun bros.

They wont play anymore.

Evil.9061

Thanks for letting me know that 40-odd people won’t play a massive free to play game after dinging level 80 and decking themselves out in full exotics because they don’t feel a sense of progression and thus want all efforts to cut down on botting to keep the economy healthy dismantled just so these 40-odd people can log in and farm farm farm farm farm gold and then feel like they’re doing something worthwhile with their time, i.e., feeling a sense of ‘progression’.

Here is an idea: How about you and your friends do something fun together and maybe you’ll feel a sense of progression in your friendships, via this free to play online game that has been out for a month.

Have fun bros.

I know it must be shocking as my experience with Gw2 is so contrary to the publics. Being the first person to post on their state of the game was tough but I felt I should share and see if possibly people were having the same issues.

I sincerely apologize FXLEACH that my post and the subsequent 50 plus replies weren’t to your liking.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: evasionmoon.1345

evasionmoon.1345

The botters/goldfarmers are displeased with DR, now im happy:)

Keep up the good work Arenanet!

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Soulwatcher.2604

Soulwatcher.2604

In the end people are going to vote with their wallet. The newbee areas are already ghost towns and soon its going to be all areas!

They wont play anymore.

DusK.3849

In the end people are going to vote with their wallet. The newbee areas are already ghost towns and soon its going to be all areas!

What server ya playin’ on? Still packed over here on Yak’s Bend. Come on over!

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: CrystalKnight.3619

CrystalKnight.3619

the dungeon update was the first great addition.. you would rather spend 3 hours farming 60 shards when you do a full path in a hour for 60 once a day. esp since some dungeons get boring.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

This is interesting. Alot of people (probably myself included) rushed through the content instead of enjoying the slow pace of progression. I know this infuriates people because it is as if Anet is trying to dictate how their game should be played (when some people are already used to this “rushing through content” playstyle). And then alot of people complain that the DR is hampering their playstyle.

However, if you think about it, the converse is also true for other games. Other games would FORCE you to rush through content, and if you get left behind, then sorry, your loss. It also FORCES you to farm hours upon hours for loot to progress in the game. And if you don’t have the time nor the energy/focus for it, sorry, your loss. Some people love and relish in it; some people don’t. And seeing as how almost all other mmorpgs follow the previous line of thinking, I think Anet is doing something nice for a change, giving players who don’t want to rush content, who don’t wanna farm for days and weeks a platform to play. (and yes, people like that exist. clearly it’s the casual crowd)

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: DirtyHoudini.2917

DirtyHoudini.2917

Just ignore dusk, he is a raving fanboy who thinks the game is in a perfect state right now.

I really hope the systems they are implementing right now are just very temporary because they couldn’t think of anything better at the moment. Just punishing the player

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Atraeus.1862

Atraeus.1862

So, wait a second.

Not everyone has the same idea of “fun”. To me, I could find fun running circles and jumping all day. You may not find it fun, but I do. So what? You’ve no right what to dictate what other people find “fun” or not. It’s our opinion, so what right do you have to judge us on it?

Point is, some people find fun rushing content, or farming for gear fun. It’s their opinion. Nobody has any right to bash them for it.

On that note; bots are definitely ruining it for the people who are legitimately trying to play it that way. It sucks for them, and if you can’t see that, then I’m sorry you are being so closed minded about it. Just try to imagine yourself in other peoples shoes. ;o

Now, for my opinion on this entire thing.. It would indeed suck. I hate farming for gear, but if I absolutely want something I will go to lengths such as farming for 12+ hours a day to get it. Which I did in CoF for the week or two after release. I put in over 250 hours before I started to bore myself out of the game. I personally do not like repeating content over again, so when I rerolled a Ranger ( from an Ele ), it was painstaking to go do it again. But that is irrelevant.

Anyways, point is.. I definitely would have put in less time if my CoF farming was nerfed when I did farm CoF. It is definitely a BIG demotivator when playing a game to see diminishing returns on something you are trying to work towards.

Now I’m not saying that this is sin incarnate, but it definitely does more harm than good in it’s current state.

PS: I still play. ;o

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Stefanos.1673

Stefanos.1673

I do play the way I want and I cannot see any grinding or farming in the game. Of course if you want the dungeon set and you want it NOW, well, you need to repeat the content continuously. Personally, I am gonna play the game the way I want and do dungeons when I want and I am calculating that I will have a full set in 3 or 4 months’ time.
I believe that the community is so “addicted” to the reward-based model that they cannot value a healthy gaming environment where the fun is the reward.

They wont play anymore.

DusK.3849

DusK

Just ignore dusk, he is a raving fanboy who thinks the game is in a perfect state right now.

Reasonable person who don’t this it’s teh worstest gaem evar =/= raving fanboy who thinks the game is in a perfect state. Trust me, I have my own criticisms.

No, I’m just coming up with a counter-argument that brings reason onto a situation where you believe there is none. And that makes you, who is just as ignorant as any “raving fanboy”, angry. See, people who lack the ability to reason are on both ends of the spectrum. People like you, who will spin literally anything to shine GW2 in a bad light, even if it’s not true and based on a viewpoint that is inherently flawed, are just as bad as any “raving fanboy who thinks the game is in a perfect state.”

They wont play anymore.

Evil.9061

I do play the way I want and I cannot see any grinding or farming in the game. Of course if you want the dungeon set and you want it NOW, well, you need to repeat the content continuously. Personally, I am gonna play the game the way I want and do dungeons when I want and I am calculating that I will have a full set in 3 or 4 months’ time.
I believe that the community is so “addicted” to the reward-based model that they cannot value a healthy gaming environment where the fun is the reward.

Reward-based model? Thats a new one as I’ve never seen the contrary until i played this game. Reward-based>Punishment based.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Skero.5681

Skero.5681

If you have ideas on what should be changed post it in Suggestion forum or move on. Posting such topic here is not constructive and looks like crying from some kid. Thats all.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Sunny Side.7960

Sunny Side.7960

Nobody’s pretending bots are a good thing.

But nobody in their right mind would call farming fun, or the opposition to it “bad game design.”

No killing a mob over and over isn’t fun. Gaining rewards to progress toward your goals is extremely fun. I can put music on and grind for hours happily knowing i will reach my goals.

You insult everyone with your first post and make out people shouldn’t be allowed to farm, have you actualy read how many people in here hate the DR system? Dont tell people what they should find fun.

They wont play anymore.

Evil.9061

If you have ideas on what should be changed post it in Suggestion forum or move on. Posting such topic here is not constructive and looks like crying from some kid. Thats all.

Hmm What forum are we in? Also, i do apologize you were made to read this. That is unacceptable and you shouldn’t be treated that way in a forum.

They wont play anymore.

DusK.3849

Skero

Their “solution” is to completely knock back the anti-farm code so that they can continue grubbing, sitting at Pentinent, and smacking the same first boss in a dungeon over and over again.

I actually proposed a solution to one of these problems; the DE farming. One that doesn’t involve nerfing that farming, too. It didn’t get but one reply because it would actually reward players who go out and vary their DE participation, giving those players more than the guys trying to farm.

These people, they don’t want that. They want some easy money fountain, karma fountain, or crafting mats fountain, whatever.

Thinking back at it now, that system I came up with could be applied to drops as well, though it would probably be necessary to scale back all DE drops to avoid market flood.

Dungeons, eh, I say just reward one token per chain clear, 2 if it’s your first chain clear for the day, and drop all the exotic armor prices down to 2 tokens per. Partial clear? Tough luck, try again. No first boss farming, people feel rewarded at the end of an explorable run because they get a nice shiny new piece of armor every time, and they’re still motivated to do multiple chains.

See that? That’s called a solution. That’s called a viable idea that doesn’t run opposite to their core gameplay ideas. None of this “whaaaa, ANet is teh worstest ever, make it more like WoW or GW1 or etc etc even if it means completely backtracking on everything you said the game would be” stuff.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Darkeh.4539

Darkeh.4539

I wonder are there really so many roflcopter white knights kissing anet kitten
Or is it just Anet employees posting.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: Gauradan.8361

Gauradan.8361

Dungeons, eh, I say just reward one token per chain clear, 2 if it’s your first chain clear for the day, and drop all the exotic armor prices down to 2 tokens per. Partial clear? Tough luck, try again. No first boss farming, people feel rewarded at the end of an explorable run because they get a nice shiny new piece of armor every time, and they’re still motivated to do multiple chains.

Funny you should say that, because that’s exactly how ArenaNet said it would be in the first place. As it is right now you still have to do roughly 20 runs to get a full set and that’s while hoping that the DR system doesn’t bug for you or the event for the dungeon that you need doesn’t bug. In my case, I want to get the Arah armor, but tough luck, the event’s been bugged since the last patch, so I can’t get in.

Aed f’haeil moen Hirjeth taenverde.

They wont play anymore.

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

Every discussion thread is welcome as long as it keeps on the topic and free from personal allusions/attacks. This thread has gone rampant in both respects and because ot that, we will proceed to close it. Thanks for your understanding.