Thick leather too expensive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: aikatara.3462

aikatara.3462

Is it just me or did the prices for thick leather go up again? Four sections to craft one square and you need so much of it (for bow precursors at least). And with the abysmal drop rate and that prices … this is getting ridiculous. There is a desperate need for an additional method to acquire thick leather, IMO.

As someone who has no time to play for several hours every day I seriously do not know how to accumulate so much of it. And I refuse to only grind money or only do Silverwaste when I play. Hell you cannot even farm that stuff properly. Not compared to wood at least. It appears that I will not see my leaf of kudzu any time soon (sigh).

Oh I remember the days when my inventory was flooded with that stuff. Had I only known…

Posted by: Silvatar.5379

Silvatar.5379

I npc’ed soooooo much of that stuff back before they increased the crafting requirement to 4 pieces sigh

Oh well, people have lost a lot more potential income due to game changes than I so I shouldn’t complain too much.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It went up in early May due to the recipe change for squares. No real change in the last month other than it’s daily cycle. except possibly a slight downward trend on average.

Attachments:

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

don’t see the point of creating 2 threads for leather, 1 thread for thick leather and another for hardened leather. I mean they are all leather, thick + hardened = still leather.

gaem not made for mi
===========

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

Supply and demand says “hi.”

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Designed supply and demand in any case. Which means it can be changed at the will of the developers.

It’s a game after all, it functions best to let everyone have fun, rather than be technical about a few trade material changes that would make the game more enjoyable for everyone.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Farm events in Cursed Shore.

Leather is easy to get if you play the game correctly.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Also AB has been helping the supply of t5 cloth/leather mats as well as ectos.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Also AB has been helping the supply of t5 cloth/leather mats as well as ectos.

I agree with this. I’ve been keeping an eye on my mats this last week when I run AB Octo (no multi-map).

Each run when grabbing only the great and grand exalted chests gets me about 20-25 of each of the t5 basic mats and usually 1-6 of each of the t6 (I use basic salvage kits on blues/greens, and mystic kits on yellows). The spread is usually very even between wood, leather, ore, and cloth. Of course, ymmv.

~EW