Thief raid mechanic suggestions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xiiliea.9356

xiiliea.9356

Thieves / Daredevils have been rather not-so-popular in raids, because they’re overshadowed by Tempests which have higher DPS and much more utilities. Therefore, I hope that the next wing, or future raids can have a mechanic designed for Daredevils to handle.

Here are my ideas-

Lava corridor button
http://i.imgur.com/tP8al3A.png

This is simply like the Thaumanova fractal heat room. The floor of the long corridors ticks a lot of damage, and the DD has to use Infiltrator’s Arrow, Shadowtep, Unhindered Combatant (Dash) 6x (signet of Agility heals 2 bars of endurance, Channeled Vigor heals 1 bar) to cross it really fast, then press the button at the end. Upon pressing the button, the lava for that lane will disable for 30 seconds, allowing the player to cross back into the middle of the room.

Every 30 seconds, the room will be poisoned with a 4% hp per second tick. The DD has to quickly rush to the switch and turn the poison off. After pressing the button, the player will have a debuff on them which makes them take double the damage from the lava floor for 60 seconds. Therefore you need 4 DDs to turn the switches off in order. The more poisons active, the quicker everyone’s health ticks down (maximum 16% hp per second).

Evade tank
Have a boss that deals 50% hp single target damage on hit, and the attacks are unblockable. The attack animations will be very clear though, so we’ll need a DD evade tank to pull this off. This will be something like Molten Boss fractal effigy: https://youtu.be/YIxZ2NS8L6M

(edited by xiiliea.9356)

Posted by: Asrat.2645

Asrat.2645

Or we could just add boss attack sequences that group stealth offers the only reliable protection from.

Posted by: Nordom.3485

Nordom.3485

Well, overshadowing is one thing and having content made exclusively tailored to your class is another and a lot worse if you ask me. Also i don’t think daredevils are that much shunned from raids.

Posted by: xiiliea.9356

xiiliea.9356

Well, overshadowing is one thing and having content made exclusively tailored to your class is another and a lot worse if you ask me. Also i don’t think daredevils are that much shunned from raids.

Sloth is tailored to Tempests for their AOE fear break (and also to Chronos and DHs for their reflects).
Matthias is tailored to Chronomancers for the reflects.

Also, in my first example, it doesn’t mean you must have DDs only. Other classes can do it too, just like how they do heat room too, but slower. DDs will just be preferred since they can waste less time, but not 100% required.

(edited by xiiliea.9356)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Well I think you exaggerate the situation of thief. Thief dps is really close to a tempest and In the vast majority of combat, it will actually have a better dps than tempest since his rotation is brain dead.

I like your second idea. But not really your 1st because it push for 4 DD in one fight. That’s a lot of one profession needed for 1 boss fight. Drop that to 1 button and no debuff and I’m on board. Or even better, make the corridor easier, keep multiple button, but remove the debuff. One of the strategy could be to only have 1 DD use his mobility to do all 4 button one after the other, attacking the boss between each.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

Soooo: “I feel excluded, anet please make me be in the cool kids group, exclude some one else.”

Good Lord, that can hardly be the solution. So far i have seen quite a few dd’s but if you want to replace tempest i suggest you teach your dd some waterskills…

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

Sloth is tailored to Tempests for their AOE fear break (and also to Chronos and DHs for their reflects).
Matthias is tailored to Chronomancers for the reflects.

We did sloth yesterday without a single chrono and only one tempest. Druids and Necros did the projektile protection