Thing in Verdant Brink Night map

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Larathia.5284

Larathia.5284

I realize I may just be blind and it’s always been there and I just didn’t see it, but I am mad curious about it.

I came across this sphere (it is a big bubble sphere, though the picture may not convey that) in Verdant Brink at night. It conferred no effects, and I couldn’t in any way interact with it.

Bug? Obvious thing I should know about by now? Ep 6 preview? Y’all tell me!

Attachments:

Posted by: Skittish.4539

Skittish.4539

Whoa. It’s a portal to the mirror dimension.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’ve not seen that before. Have you tried a Stabilizer on it? Just in case….

Larathia.5284

I couldn’t in any way interact with it. I couldn’t even click on it to get a name for it.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Kind of looks like one of the shield effects for some enemy animations. Probably glitched up and didn’t go away or something?

Where in Verdant Brink was it? I think some of the central meta foes use that / a similar shield effect animation.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Larathia.5284

One of the plateaus just east of Magellan’s Valor WP.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

There is sometimes a bug with things like chrono wells that make them appear angled from the ground and persist. Unless that thing is there every time you go look, it’s probably just some profession’s ground aoe that glitched.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

The color is about right on that for the gates for Flying Circus. Maybe the game glitched and put the graphics for one there?

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Sarge shot Grif.6450

Sarge shot Grif.6450

Pretty sure that’s the aura around the mordy vines that spawn during the pact encampment event chain, the one where you have to kill the vine to be able to kill the turned pact sylvari nearby. The vines have an aura around them with line of energy tethering the nearby sylvari to it, night may have fallen right as one of the vines spawned or something to make it stay like that.

(edited by Sarge shot Grif.6450)