Things i love in GW2

Things i love in GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

Sure GW2 is not perfect and many have their beefs with it, but hey, i for one love it, and if ppl are so complaining about various things, let’s post here the things that are done just RIGHT, and we’re both thankful and want them to stay that way!

Forget logic or order, this is thread to post things you liked, be it big as whole world, or small as a scale on your armor reflecting light;) What made you happy, post here;)

For me some of the many thing would be:

- Cannon in charr camp raided by ogres – BOOM!
- Crazy quests like that in asurian school where teacher has a “small” problem with his students;)
- even mild subpar intellects of scritt-brained humans don’t fail to understand the awesomeness of asura, their jungle maps and their world events. Clearly asura gates were builds only so you can ascend to the level of asura one day;)
- Skritt! We love scritt! Yes! yes!
- world events with follow events depending how you do! Oh yeah!
- that world event npcs don’t just yap about hunting that monster, they accually go with you (showing you the way) and hunt it with you! After the job they accually walk back to their spot rather then going puff in magical fairy powder leaving you alone. Love it!
- how my armor on warrior looks in high detail. Like every scale on scale armor is visible! love that detail!
- that i can go anyplace i like and get exp and loot for my level regardless if it’s my level zone or lower!
- exploration!
- and that even my warrior can heal others (though ofc guardian has so much more options)
- the personal story panel where i can read my story. When i read first line that said “I’m Really Evil.” it just made my day and made me keep my warrior (Really Evil)!
- that all classes can ress and there are skills to aid with that for each profession. I like ressing a lot!
- those trait panels – love their artwork. Especially guardian one!
- maguuma jungle! it’s awesome!
- dual pistols on thief – BANG! BANG! BANGBANGBANGBANGBANGBANG!
- them jumpquest…outta those i found;p
- ebonhawk vanguard featuring lotsa longhaired female archers;)
- scorpion wire for thief. GET OVER HERE!
- making every monster ingame an involuntary blood donor with my warrior:>
- apple jokes with order of whispers (least in first mission, which takes place…well who knows that knows that;)
- vigil keep and gear. kittenery in a can
- norn theme.
- reasons some asura labs are faaar away from rata sum (only 33% risk of generating toxic poison cloud in the process;)
- and obviously no pay to win cashshop nor subs for all that

…and those shiny scales on my human scale armor that look so well in high settings in the sun;)

There’s lot more, but i wanna explore game more and i got only so much time to post this list;p
Follow up if you like;)

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Wait you are not here to complain about drops, cash shop,drops,legendarys,drops,combat,drops…
You actually reckognized beauty of this live and breathing world and enjoyed it? What kind of exploit is that?
There is whole world of beauty called Tyria that sadly gets no attention at all.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

I have a love/hate relationship with GW2…lots to love…lots to annoy you…

There are actually too many good things about the game to list, but afew are :

No monthly subscription, buying gems is completely optional.

Down leveling, so all content continues to hold some interest.

A bueatiful world to explore.

More funny, interesting events than you can count.

Vistas, showing Tyria in all its splendour.

Jumping puzzles, even if they make me want to throw my computer through the window.

Getting to 80th level and getting all exotic gear is not a grind but fun progression.

Playing as a group is awesome, when you can find a group that is…

Monthly events.

Chains of 5+ dynamic events in a row…not enough of those.

WvW.

The character classes which work, are well thought out ie…Guardian, Thief, Mesmer, Elementalist and Warrior.

There be dragons…

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

The fact that you can actually, to some extent fight together instead of all seperately. This is most apparent in combo fields/finishers, but also in the way boons and conditions stack. It’s a small thing, but I find that it works pretty well.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Torvic.8256

Torvic.8256

Quaggans.

And everything else mentioned in this thread thus far, of course.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

I’ve been playing since the betas, and pre-purchased the game, and I’m still in love with it. Just to mention a few of my favorite things.

You can get to level 80 and get the best armour/weapons without having to grind.
Dynamic Events. All of them, and specially event chains.
All the dynamic combat, jumping, dodging, hiding.
Leveling alts is fun, you get new story lines, new friends…
The first time you finish a dungeon path without dying.
You can’t find two people wearing the same stuff.
Asuras jumping! And Charrs running!
The human dance… epic!
You can customize the in-game music! I want this feature in all the games!
Mad King Thorn LOL
Jumping puzzles… this is pure genious, whoever decided to make them, congrats!
Dungeon tokens. Every time you run a dungeon, you get something useful!
WvWvW, all of it.
Sunrise and Twilight.
Fear not this night.
Lion’s Arch… built of wrecked ships…
Monthly updates for free.

And the list could go on and on and on…

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

I love pretty much all of PvE., and I’m was mostly a PvPer in other games

The actual fights, and BGs in sPvP are fantastic.

WvW can be tons of fun.

All the classes and races are well built and fun.

Orr is AWESOME once you get the hang of it.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

- Dynamic combat
- No sub fee
- Amazing art style
- No trinity
- Little details
- Being able to play with people from other worlds
- No traditional quest
- Shouts are actually shouts
- Combos
- Anyone can revive anyone

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Art, art and more art. The graphics of any game are as important to me as the game play. I love artwork in this game, the vistas, characters all combine to be a pretty immersive game.

I just hare off into any land. Doesn’t matter to me if I’ve completed every heart on aother alts…i haven’ on the one I’m playing. New game , new imagination all over again.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Pasha.2367

Pasha.2367

I love this thread. So nice after all the complaining.

I love Skritt. They are shiny. I want to play as one. Shiny shiny shiny!

I love the Tengu. The voice especially. I love that even with all the problems the game has I am still looking forward to being able to play them in the future. (i.e. I am still enjoying the game enough to be excited about what comes next)

I love being able to revive others.

I love some of the throw away lines you hear around the world. “Your face is funny, all squished and weird. – No, your face is funny. Its like a little raisin.” or “You found the bear’s den. Let’s celebrate with fighting.”

The crunchy/tinkling sound you make when you walk in the Brand makes me happy.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

Seeing another player run into the area where I am I killing mobs and not swearing at my monitor because they are going to kill steal.

Seriously, this mechanic alone is why I can never play another MMO. It is so incredibly refreshing to being able to jump into a fight you happen to run across rather being ‘polite’ by not actually helping someone kill something trying to kill them.

Also Skritt rock.

So do secret, charr-cub-cultivated strawberry patches

I love some of the throw away lines you hear around the world. “Your face is funny, all squished and weird. – No, your face is funny. Its like a little raisin.”

Not to bring things down, but I could do with never hearing that line ever again. The NPCs get a little repetitive when they are talking near locations that players frequently hang out, like the bank or crafting stations. It probably wouldn’t hurt to remove all speaking NPCs from areas like that.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: FacesOfMu.3561

FacesOfMu.3561

This thread makes me smile, and I can remember joy and delight at finding most of the thing said here

I love the skritt, their cute voices, and fixated attitudes (did you do the gorgeous dynamic event or heart in Brisban Wilds where you carry hurt skritt in your arms back to safety? That made me Awwwwww!)
At the moment I’m standing near some cubs in Diessa Plateau watching them chatter away together (kitties!!)

People vary.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Apathy.6430

Apathy.6430

I have a love/hate relationship with GW2…lots to love…lots to annoy you…

Pretty much the same way I feel as well.

Unfortunately for me, the good doesn’t make up for the bad. The feel, aesthetics, and everything is just astounding as far as MMOs go. That novelty wears off eventually though, and you’re left the base mechanics of the game. Exploration of builds, finding potentials of the professions, etc…and that is just sorely lacking in this game. Basically all builds play the same, DPS while dodging mechanics. Utility skills don’t make a big enough splash to feel like they really change gameplay, and elite skills for the most part have no synergy with anything they are just big fancy spells every three to five minutes.

You can master your profession by level 35. Nothing after that point makes that big of difference. Traits for the most part don’t have a big enough impact to change the way you play.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: FacesOfMu.3561

FacesOfMu.3561

Stuff

These things we forget can be drowned out by the dominant story often in other threads. Please help support the tone of this thread, or create your own space to make these points.

People vary.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Apathy.6430

Apathy.6430

Stuff

These things we forget can be drowned out by the dominant story often in other threads. Please help support the tone of this thread, or create your own space to make these points.

Sorry for trying to have a discussion in a thread.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: AdmiralFindle.6784

AdmiralFindle.6784

No LFG or LFR, it’s so nice; probably my favorite thing. Absolutely my favorite thing actually

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

This thread is the reason why this game is so alt friendly. The game is so vast, it lives, it breathes. There’s so much good and only a few flaws that are really minor in comparison. They will be fixed eventually but the core game is just rock solid.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Things i love in GW2

Torvic.8256

This thread is the reason why this game is so alt friendly. The game is so vast, it lives, it breathes. There’s so much good and only a few flaws that are really minor in comparison. They will be fixed eventually but the core game is just rock solid.

Indeed!

I also love the fact that each playable race has its own unique starting experience, individualized even further with the various different character story choices made throughout character creation.

In contrast, although I also enjoy playing DC Universe Online, its beginning portion is the same for everyone regardless, so after playing through a few alts that beginning portion can get a bit repetitive.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

The things I love about Guild Wars 2:

-No subscription
-Personal Storyline
-Choices in PS make a difference
-Dynamic Combat
-Beautiful World
-Vistas (They look amazing as hell)
-Voice over
-Character personality
-The amount of thing to do in the game
-Guilds
-PvP and PvE
-About PvP, the WvW is amazing too! I like how 2 or 3 epic parties clash Usually results in fireworks and beautiful effects. Not to mention riding on a golem feels like riding a kitten tank.
-The races’ backstory
-Again, in regards to the PS, I love how they execute their characters, especially Sieran… gonna miss that hyper mentor.
-CLAW ISLAND!
-Different weapon archetypes
-Different skills
-SPvP is very balanced compared too ther MMOs
-Outdoor raids
-Dungeons (Both Explorable and Story)
-Crafting

In other words, I basically love everything about this game. While I do get annoyed in some instances. This is a really fun MMO and it’s worth the money

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Things i love in GW2

Torvic.8256

This is a really fun MMO and it’s worth the money

For me, this game has absolutely more than paid for itself many times over!

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Anything cross-server. PvP, Dungeon, WvW, Trading Post, Mailing, Guilding, Chatting

Awesome.

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

I was going to create a thread just like this when I saw your thread. +1 ZeftheWicked.

Here are the main features that I love in GW2:

The combat – it’s fast, mobile and exciting, even in PvE (which is something I cannot claim in other MMO’s I have played).
The dynamic events – Though clearing maps with alts is still not much fun, the dynamic events are very good at taking my mind off the repeatative nature of leveling alts, and often help you will nearby hearts too. I also love how it can sometimes give you the feeling that Tyria is a living breathing world. I have levelled 3 characters to level 80 so far and still haven’t done all events, so this is an awesome addition to the genre.
World vs World – I love WvW and will love it even more once culling has been resolved (which I’m confident it will be). Though I do like the occasional sPvP match, I much prefer the open world PvP of wuv wuh and enjoy the strategic nature of it.
The beautiful world – I think many of the areas in Tyria are simply stunning. Many a time did I try to make my way up a high mountain, just to admire the scenery. And some of the little caverns and under water sections are just amazing to explore.
Beautiful characters – Though not all armours appeal to me, I can certainly appreciate the craftsmanship. I just hope they will re-create some of the old GW1 armours too, I would love to see them revamped with the GW2 graphics.
Jumping puzzles – With my early days of gaming mostly being occupied by platform games I found the introduction of Jumping Puzzles very entertaining, and a very welcome addition. I still have many to find and experience and look forward to more event based puzzles.

Some of the smaller/specific features that entertained me:
The message golem that runs around Metrica Province. That made me chuckle following that around.
The Ebon hawk and Quaggan organs.
The Charr cubbs event.
The ghost pirate jumping puzzle in Lions Arch.
Tybalt Leftpaw.

I’m sure thare are many more, but I will leave it there for now. This game has so much to offer and I thank everyone at Arenanet for creating such an awesome game.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: I Fuzion I.2546

I Fuzion I.2546

I like that i can jump

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Minibiskit.6158

Minibiskit.6158

Things I love about GW2:

Combat is fun and engaging. I’ve played six different professions to 40+ and each one feels distinct. I find it difficult to stick with a single profession because I’ve experienced how fun each one can be.

Dynamic events make the world feel like an RTS. There are some zones where this is more true than others, but one of my favorites is Harathi Hinterlands. The war with the centaurs is amazing fun and it’s no wonder there are zergs of people there throughout the day.

Level and loot scaling make low level content more challenging and relevant. This is really what I’ve been looking for in previous MMOs. I hate seeing an entire zone become a waste of time to visit simply because I’ve progressed past its level. Level scaling ensures that I can revisit places and enjoy fun combat while loot scaling ensures I’m not wasting my time there. I would imagine the zone designers have a great satisfaction knowing that the product of their hard work and creativity can still be meaningfully enjoyed years from now.

Class archetypes aren’t all that specialized. You don’t simply specialize into dps, control, or support to the exclusion of all else. The best groups have individuals doing a combination of all three of these.

The painterly aesthetics of the world. Sometimes GW2 feels like a painting come to life.

Cross-server groups make dungeon groups much easier to form. There may not be any LFG system in-game yet, but thanks to GW2LFG.com, players can quickly form dungeon groups.

Things i love in GW2

Torvic.8256

It’s awesome that there are other playable races as well as humans.

Also, the introduction of day/night cycles further adds to the immersion.

(edited by Torvic.8256)

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

Pretty much everything that has already been mentioned.

I recently tried MoP with the free 10 day trial.

Dear god…

I cannot go back to quest hubs anymore. I’ve finally seen the BIG BIG difference between quest hubs and dynamic events. In quest hubs, you’re limited to one area of the world, and you’re not free to explore areas without gimping yourself with XP. With Dynamic Events, you can go wherever you want to go. Granted there are hearts to level with, I sometimes ignore them and just gallivant about, helping other players with mobs, gathering mats, and of course do DEs and map completion/exploration.

WoW’s combat has become stale and boring. I try dodging some attacks, and I yell when my character doesn’t. And one thing I noticed, which I love GW2 for, is that in WoW you’re fixated at your mana/runes/energy, making sure that you have enough for your spells/skills. In GW2, you don’t stare at your mana/rune/energy. You can look at your character while you beat the living kitten out of your target.

Last night, I debated about getting MoP because my boyfriend is playing it (he didn’t like GW2 *sadface), but I resisted. Hopefully the updates come soon, or at least game changing so I can have my SO to play with me.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

One thing I’ll mention. I don’t think I will ever be able to go back to having to stand still to cast. I didn’t really like the Combat in GW2 at first, but now, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Things i love in GW2

Cowrex.9564

Hell yea!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Ikcen.7518

Ikcen.7518

WoW or GW2 – the same crap. This game has some good moments in fact, but all other things are totally wrong. And cause this is a positive thread – things I like – connection between skills and weapons, idea for skill development using the skill /both are old but anyway/, the idea for dynamic events /but implementation is bad/, dodge fight, the idea for WvW /same – bad implementation/, some story lines in dungeons, some gear designs, jumping puzzles /the only thing Anet made really good in this game/.

But the fact is, that even I can invent better game for few hours. For me Anet are total amateurs.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Mirette.7821

Mirette.7821

Things I love in GW2:

- dynamic events, the way they unfold, the way the consequences play out
- interactions between NPCs and their environment
- vistas and jumping puzzles
- downscaling, so low level zones are still fun
- wonderful landscapes, with plenty to explore
- no quest hubs, never having to run and pick up quests, never having to work through quests like a shopping list
- WvW (though a lot needs to be done, but good start)
- lots of variety in the classes and builds/skills
- cross server trading house
- everyone can rez
- being able to change my group role dynamically depending on what’s needed at that moment
- being able to join in with others without necessarily having to group
- no competition over crafting nodes
- crafting recipe discoveries
- seasonal events
- Norns
- amazing capital cities
- interesting instances
- waypoints
/edit :
- skritt

er, that’s probably enough

In the interest of balance, the interface needs a lot of work, and the guild functionality is shoddy. Edit: and quaggan are really irritating

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Meowwilson.5106

Meowwilson.5106

All the other MMO’s i have played.. (a lot, mostly f2p) i always end up quitting after a month or 2 cause i am bored. GW2 has never ceased to impress me. everything mentioned that is positive i also agree with. I bought the game for WvWvW it looked so awesome. I didn’t get into WvWvW until i had 600 hours of gameplay… simply because I was so engrossed in everything else this game had to offer. Favorite thing is the artwork. I love the artwork of this entire game. simply beautiful.

I also like how the censored words have been changed to “kitten”^_^

@Iksen — .. lol.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Eskimo.1654

Eskimo.1654

This guy gets it.

:)

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: zombieheartsbrains.5830

zombieheartsbrains.5830

Splish, splash! Four norn in a bath!

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

THIS THREAD IS CREDIT TO HUMANITY!

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

Just a few of my favorite things ( and now I have that song stuck in my head ).

• Jumping puzzles
  • WvW
  • Swimming and underwater combat (Yes, I said it!)
  • Being able to make my own armor/weapons/accessories (I guess that’s nothing new as MMOs go, but I hadn’t played a game with crafting before, and I like it a lot)
  • The crafting discovery system
  • “Deposit all collectibles”
  • “Hidden” events/quests
  • All the little details

As another poster said, it can be a bit of a love/hate relationship at times; I could have made an equivalent list of things that make my teeth itch. I’m certainly not playing this game as obsessively as I did GW1 or CoH, but then, this game is new and I started both those games when they already had a few years of working the kinks out behind them. I’m still having more than enough fun to keep playing for a while and see what happens.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

You betwitched me, you evil magpie! You’re not a dragon!

gets me every time.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: anathemawhite.6879

anathemawhite.6879

What I love:

-Twilight arbor armor! We need more dress!
I mean, like a lady dress, not combat dress.
-Quaggans
-Skritts
-That one music in Charr land whatever it is called
-Move freely eburywhere
-You can gain boons by kneeling at statues
-Wintersday dress (yess more dress)
-WvW

Misfortune falls upon us

Things i love in GW2

Cowrex.9564

Another thing I love about the game are the kitten QUAGGANS!

Things i love in GW2

Cowrex.9564

Another thing I love about the game are the kitten QUAGGANS!

I mean freaking.

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Girlsgonewow.1032

Girlsgonewow.1032

As a matter of fact, I only just started the game. It is installing right now. Hopefully I can find things to add to this list later. Godspeed, folks.

“Come, my friends.
’Tis is not too late to seek a newer world.”
-“Ulysses”, by Alred, Lord Tennyson

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Thomassassinate.9370

Thomassassinate.9370

I love how everyone around you is your ally.

Coming from a mmo before this game…a really crappy one everyone around you was your enemy. If you died people would dance for joy because you would lose all your items.

Plus even though legendaries and stuff are something to brag they are not much too brag about where people swarm the dude saying free gold plz?

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

I love how everyone around you is your ally.

I couldn’t agree more. I think the the co-operative nature of the PvE is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, success of the game design.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

Things i love in GW2

Torvic.8256

Hell yea!

Amen!

Things i love in GW2

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

1. A beautiful world and art style
  2. Great music
  3. Asura
  4. WvW
  5. I know ANet will fix the bugs
  6. I know ANet will balance the meta