Things that bug me in the game

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: xXxdevildogxXx.5947

xXxdevildogxXx.5947

Hello
I want to talk about some of things that bug me in the game
Even after the last update. I still do not see any change True improved servers and more explanations on all the happenings and helps new players to enter the game
But where I feel the change???
Yet all the things that come out of Dungeons is not worth anything …
Why exotic weapon all the same power play par 1 gold worth power weapons worth 100 gold!
So why spend time and work Collect materials if not I get out of anything but the illusion that it is really worth! But not really!!!
So why? I would expect there to be something there and give me more power character
Then feel something worth working for…
And something disturbs me in a game of this size
Why can not I see someone else’s equipment? What is up?
In short, there are many more things but it’s the little things that I think needs to be changed otherwise guild wars 2 lose that kind of interest that there has been something to aspire to.

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

No offense, but if you want people to address your concerns, you might try putting them in coherent sentences. But I think I can make some sense of what you mean:

- You feel like there should be more explanation of past Living Story events and past events in general to assist new players. I agree.

- You wonder why two weapons of the same power are worth vastly different amounts on the TP. This is because one has a highly valued skin and the other does not. Weapons of the same type and rarity always have identical power; the difference is all in the appearance.

- Why do you need to see someone else equipment? What do you gain by this?

It sounds like you’re coming from WoW based on your expectations. GW2 is a vastly different game and you’ll have to do a bit of adjusting. End game gear acquisition is more about horizontal progression (visual appearance) than it is vertical progression (there are no rare, super powerful gear sets. Only rare skins.)

xXxdevildogxXx.5947

Yes, but why not have some competition?
Chasing after something that would be a challenge
After a few weapons are legendary and Siimth the Seabury and any map and Dungeons
No room to grow
You could say you have everything but really nothing.
Seems a little odd to me
I want to see other people’s gear because it is interesting what the player is using and how maybe we can even help new players who do not know how to build a build

Posted by: KehxD.6847

KehxD.6847

I see why you feel a little bit down on that one, but honestly, I would be unbelievably annoyed if everyone could view my armor. It would get down to permanent gearchecks for every single dungeon. In Living Story zerging content, ppl will flame others for going with wrong gear etc etc etc. It would destroy alot of the more generally nice atmosphere of the game. Just don’t even give a possibility to discriminate. ( yes I am a ranger xDDD)

Also, I don’t think there really is the need for it. People will see what you wear, and many people will also recognize what you wear if it is high end stuff. So you don’t really have to worry in that respect to be honest.

Founder and former leader of TxS Community! For more information, please look here =)
http://www.reddit.com/r/txs

xXxdevildogxXx.5947

I see why you feel a little bit down on that one, but honestly, I would be unbelievably annoyed if everyone could view my armor. It would get down to permanent gearchecks for every single dungeon. In Living Story zerging content, ppl will flame others for going with wrong gear etc etc etc. It would destroy alot of the more generally nice atmosphere of the game. Just don’t even give a possibility to discriminate. ( yes I am a ranger xDDD)

Also, I don’t think there really is the need for it. People will see what you wear, and many people will also recognize what you wear if it is high end stuff. So you don’t really have to worry in that respect to be honest.

Okay but would not want to have more powerful weapons to progress in one way or another?
I would like to
Because as I see it game over at level 80 instead of starting

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

NO TO GEAR CHECKS – it would make the game snobby – that is how it was in Rift and TERA.

xXxdevildogxXx.5947

NO TO GEAR CHECKS – it would make the game snobby – that is how it was in Rift and TERA.

I like the game because of the nice people
I respect your opinion
But I think most people do it to good use and not to discriminate

Posted by: Philip.8376

Philip.8376

Snobby? Really? So because you think it might be “snobby”, the other players can’t enjoy the feature? Anyway, GW2 is just kitten. It did not develop over the past 2 years enough to keep anyone satisfied. I suggest you all take a look at Black Desert. F2p and it’s one of the best looking mmorpgs I have ever seen. I’ve given up on GW2. Two years I have been loyal, but I have my limits.

xXxdevildogxXx.5947

Snobby? Really? So because you think it might be “snobby”, the other players can’t enjoy the feature? Anyway, GW2 is just kitten. It did not develop over the past 2 years enough to keep anyone satisfied. I suggest you all take a look at Black Desert. F2p and it’s one of the best looking mmorpgs I have ever seen. I’ve given up on GW2. Two years I have been loyal, but I have my limits.

Right
I’m trying to say why not look at the big games and learn
After all there is a reason they are at the top

Posted by: Zone.1275

Zone.1275

Okay but would not want to have more powerful weapons to progress in one way or another?
I would like to

I see, you’re asking for vertical progression (increasing stats). Most of the people play this game because it doesn’t pump out progressively stronger equipment every few months. If you’re feeling inept at the game it’s either your build or your personal playing style getting in the way. So you need to either theory craft better, look up viable builds, or practice playing more efficiently.

The endgame is doing things you liked while leveling up, like dungeons or map completion. There’s also Fractals and, though not currently, Living Story updates. Level 80 stuff usually focuses on horizontal progression (cosmetics and skills) where you do dungeon runs and world exploration to get traits, skills, and skins to make your character more efficient and look better.

Also WvW and PvP are things to do at any level but could be easier at level 80 if you learned how to play your character better through PvE. If you just want to have fun playing then activities like Southsun Survival or Keg Brawl are also something that’s often forgotten but can sometimes be fun to do.

Keep in mind the game is still in development and so more things to do will come.

Posted by: Bob F It.5701

Bob F It.5701

Right

Forgive my cynicism, but isn’t that how many a wowkiller have been born and died?

Right click your GW2 shortcut > “Properties”
“Shortcut” tab > “Target”
Add to the end " -bmp"

Posted by: KehxD.6847

KehxD.6847

I would like to

Sure, I would love new weapons and stuff like that. I got a legendary, all worm armor sets, a tequatl weapon, tribulation mode weapons. I got nothing to go for anymore xDD But I don’t want stupid farming or rng weapons. I love the prestige stuff ( as i got pretty much all of the few prestige Items ingame ^^). But those atm are not really hard to get, so yeah. I’d prefer some more difficult weapons, that use every aspect of the game =)

Founder and former leader of TxS Community! For more information, please look here =)
http://www.reddit.com/r/txs

xXxdevildogxXx.5947

I would like to

I see, you’re asking for vertical progression (increasing stats). Most of the people play this game because it doesn’t pump out progressively stronger equipment every few months. If you’re feeling inept at the game it’s either your build or your personal playing style getting in the way. So you need to either theory craft better, look up viable builds, or practice playing more efficiently.

The endgame is doing things you liked while leveling up, like dungeons or map completion. There’s also Fractals and, though not currently, Living Story updates. Level 80 stuff usually focuses on horizontal progression (cosmetics and skills) where you do dungeon runs and world exploration to get traits, skills, and skins to make your character more efficient and look better.

Also WvW and PvP are things to do at any level but could be easier at level 80 if you learned how to play your character better through PvE. If you just want to have fun playing then activities like Southsun Survival or Keg Brawl are also something that’s often forgotten but can sometimes be fun to do.

Keep in mind the game is still in development and so more things to do will come.

I hope there will be more things because pretty boring to me now

xXxdevildogxXx.5947

Right

Forgive my cynicism, but isn’t that how many a wowkiller have been born and died?

I do not want the game to be like wow just a few small changes

xXxdevildogxXx.5947

I would like to

Sure, I would love new weapons and stuff like that. I got a legendary, all worm armor sets, a tequatl weapon, tribulation mode weapons. I got nothing to go for anymore xDD But I don’t want stupid farming or rng weapons. I love the prestige stuff ( as i got pretty much all of the few prestige Items ingame ^^). But those atm are not really hard to get, so yeah. I’d prefer some more difficult weapons, that use every aspect of the game =)

Hope this is what it would be then that would really be something refreshing

Posted by: Zone.1275

Zone.1275

I would like to

I hope there will be more things because pretty boring to me now

Don’t force yourself to play it if it bores you. There’s no subscription so you can stop playing if nothing is going on and come back refreshed.

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

Right

If you look too much at the big games, or any big product and down-right copying the features is not going to give you succes for long. (SWTOR anyone?) People will simply crawl back to the original either because they’re used to it and feel more accomplished or it had way more time to develop and thus has more (possible better) content.

You see thread likes these every day:
- Guild Wars 2 needs a Holy Trinity
- Guild Wars 2 needs Vertical Progression
- Guild Wars 2 needs DPS parses
- Guild Wars 2 needs in inspect option

I, for one, would just like to point out I enjoy Guild Wars for the unique things it offers. I find it refreshing to play the way gw2 plays with dodging, supporting without being a dedicated support, even though for PvE this means we’re all DPS. I enjoy collecting pretty skins and even more I enjoy being able to put down the game for a year or more and return being able to still do all content instead of farming gear for months. I enjoy the community Guild Wars has managed to collect (for the most part) and I find it refreshing. Not saying there’re no room for improvement, there’s loads, but I honestly hope they’ll keep adding to their content rather than come quality of life copies people seem to beg for. (E.g. I’d prefer more dungeon-paths/fractals, PvP-maps, maybe refreshing WvW changes rather than copying other games.)

Guild Wars is a pay once, play forever game. To me it’s ment to be put down for a few months and then played for a few months instead of non-stop, it simply doesn’t have the content to keep anyone entertained, but luckily you can, because you can return without having to feel you’re way behind.

Not saying the game should stay the way I enjoy it, I hope a company will be smart enough to do what’s good for their wallets and not my enjoyment, but I enjoy Guild Wars for what it is. Just wanted to put it out there.

PS: This is quality

So why spend time and work Collect materials if not I get out of anything but the illusion that it is really worth! But not really!!!

We’re talking about virtual materials, bought by virtual currency, giving you a virtual pretty weapon instead of a virtual strong weapon? Or did I misunderstand?

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Well, there’s always ascended gear. It was added precisely for people like you that wanted a bit more vertical progression. Crafting a full set is a huge grind and should take you a good while to do. Legendary weapons also.

That said, Guild Wars has been about horizontal progression since the first game, and I doubt that’ll change in any major way anytime soon. It was one of the big selling points (and why ascended gear made many people very angry.) If you define endgame content as “chasing down all the rare super gear,” then GW2 is simply not the game for you.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

You cannot see my gear because it’s none of your business. Gear inspection is fine in games where gear is required to be able to complete certain content. There is no such content in GW2 outside of higher level fractals, and ping works fine there.

xXxdevildogxXx.5947

I respect your thoughts and concerns and everyone’s words
But in the reality if gw2 will not make any real change in a year or two of these unfortunately happen to him what happened to a lot of games that should have been for years
And that they fell

Leave a comment below and tell me not to play???
First of all it is not easy to leave because after all there are people you know and communicate with them on a daily basis and it is most fun
But I really think the developers should invest in the development
That shame to lose the gw2 that is great game