Things that require a group/team

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

As the game has matured, it has become painfully clear that there way too many things that can’t be done because you can’t find a team that is all but required.

I just spent one hour trying to find a team to do a Tixx for a toy soldier frame.
If that was the only example, I could live with it.

Perhaps the worst and most frustrating example is the last personal story mission.
I’ve yet to find a team.

I could give many other examples of things that can’t be done for lack of a team.

Either make these things soloable, or give incentives that will make it worthwhile for other people to help…..

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

http://gw2lfg.com/

but yes, you have a valid complaint.

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Almost all of the game is solo-able.

One of the best ways to ensure that people are available to group up for group activities is to make sure they can not be soloed. Cuz anything that can be solo will soon have solo as its default.

More help in grouping. A party interface that actually works. Being able to rejoin after the game crashes on you. Finish guild functionality. etcetera

There’s lots they could do to help. But a player should recognize that most of us playing this content are doing these activities without having troubles finding a group. We start with our friends list, then ask in guild. By then we’re usually full. In worst case scenario, we ask in map for someone to join.

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

mulch….I really apriciate your post.

Aparently, you have had a very different experince finding teams….good for you.

“Cuz anything that can be solo will soon have solo as its default.”

This is a problem, and I don’t want that.

In fact, some of the best times I’ve had playing MMO’s is with pugs….not always, but when it works….its golden…

Well just take the Tixx thing. If you have what you want from that, there is no reason to do it it agian. Same thing with last personal mission.

I really think the best solution to this is decent rewards for helping others that have not done this or that yet……

Posted by: jdkentucky.2871

jdkentucky.2871

There is many areas that are not easy solo as the game matures it is a given that fewer will be on the lower maps and most are gold farmin in dungones.. Or map hoppin for that next chest.. And its part of the game so I expect it to happen but when the put a high dollar amount on gear people are going to do it.. I run across players everyday they are not doing the events they want levels and the best equipment.. Thats the way they want to play so thats cool they bought the game they play it how they want to. The rewards on the map are no good thats why they are flocking to dungones.

Posted by: Nicklin.3168

Nicklin.3168

The problem with that site is that it is killing any community that did exist in this game. I have yet to run a dungeon with the same group of people. I don’t know how people not pug in this game when I’ve been in 5 guilds now, and not a single one does dungeons. In the last two guilds I’ve been in, I’ve been told to go to the website to find a group instead of anoying them while they do WvW.

Nicklin.3168

One of the best ways to ensure that people are available to group up for group activities is to make sure they can not be soloed. Cuz anything that can be solo will soon have solo as its default.

More help in grouping. A party interface that actually works. Being able to rejoin after the game crashes on you. Finish guild functionality. etcetera

There’s lots they could do to help. But a player should recognize that most of us playing this content are doing these activities without having troubles finding a group. We start with our friends list, then ask in guild. By then we’re usually full. In worst case scenario, we ask in map for someone to join.

The game is solo-able up to lvl 65 that is. After that, you pretty much need a group to do anything PvE. Go to any map in Orr and see how many people are spamming lfg for events.

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

The problem with that site is that it is killing any community that did exist in this game. I have yet to run a dungeon with the same group of people. I don’t know how people not pug in this game when I’ve been in 5 guilds now, and not a single one does dungeons. In the last two guilds I’ve been in, I’ve been told to go to the website to find a group instead of anoying them while they do WvW.

When i do a dungeon, at the end, i will ask the party if they want to do runs with me in the future. If they do, i just add them as friends and whisper them when i feel like doing a dungeon run, They do the same to me as well.

Please take some initiative if you want something done. DONT SPAM your guild chat.

Nicklin.3168

When i do a dungeon, at the end, i will ask the party if they want to do runs with me in the future. If they do, i just add them as friends and whisper them when i feel like doing a dungeon run, They do the same to me as well.

Please take some initiative if you want something done. DONT SPAM your guild chat.

If you aren’t running dungeons with a guild, then what is the purpose of having guild for those that don’t want to do WvW? With the implimentation of the gw2lfg.com site, there is no reason to be in a guild if you don’t want to do WvW. When the game has the name “Guild” in it, you would think that there would be more encouragement for guild activity in all aspects of the game. Instead ANet, and the players encourage you to exit the game, log onto a third party website, enter back into the game and wait for a pug group to form so that you don’t disturb people wanting to play WvW.

Posted by: Rainu.6871

Rainu.6871

The game is solo-able up to lvl 65 that is. After that, you pretty much need a group to do anything PvE. Go to any map in Orr and see how many people are spamming lfg for events.

It is soloable all the way to lvl 80 in CS. The reason people ask for groups for events is because they’re farming them and having a group greatly helps with tagging mobs in the DEs.

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

find some friends. i’m open for invited

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: Singh.8206

Singh.8206

What A-Net needs to do is make it more convenient (easier) for players to find others to group with for dungeon runs, it’s something I think they need to hurry up and incorporate into the game.

Until that happens like others have stated, checkout getting into a guild.
At least here finding a guild is a lot easier than wow (thank god).

Just like in R/L if you like an activity that involves more than one person to do you usually join a club, guilds are pretty much the same.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Except the coolest things the game offers.