Third Birthday Gift - Opinions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

If a character reaches their birthday, it will receive a birthday gift. What do you think will be the Third Birthday Gift?

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Permanent Birthday Finisher

was datamined.

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Some Birthday Finisher was datamined not so long ago. It could be gem store item for gw2 anniversary tho. I personally would like to get nice new minipet.

Posted by: Tasida.4085

Tasida.4085

We’ll know tomorrow! Those of us that had a 3 day start will get 3rd year tomorrow. Happy Birthday to all GW2 vets!!! GAME ON

Noble Dragons (NOBL) rocking GW’s since 2005 now rocking the Sorrow’s Furnace Server!

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I’d be willing to bet the permanent birthday finisher will be a gem store item.

“Happy birthday! Now give us more money.”
-Arenanet

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

As long as I get my 8 lvl 20 scrolls tomorrow I will be happy. 8 Quick key runs. :P

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

^ this is the best thing they can do, honestly.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Acrisor.8097

Acrisor.8097

I would love some gems on third anniversary, but I know it will not happen. :P

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Bought GW2 during the first round of sales on release, but deleted all of my initial characters, kind of upset about that now. Wish birthdays where account based and not character.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m looking forward to the level 20 scrolls for my key runners also. That’s probably the only thing I’ll use. I haven’t even used my Birthday boosters (I wish those things had 24 one hour charges. It seems like such a waste to use one and then most of those hours doesn’t get used unless you play like a crazy person on that char).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Paulytnz.7619

Bought GW2 during the first round of sales on release, but deleted all of my initial characters, kind of upset about that now. Wish birthdays where account based and not character.

Trust me you would not want this in the long run as it would mean you only get 1 gift per year for ALL your chars. Sure for a lot of people the gifts may not seem like worth having alts for but in my case with those lvl 20 scrolls over 8 chars you can see it’s better this way. :P

Paulytnz.7619

I’m looking forward to the level 20 scrolls for my key runners also. That’s probably the only thing I’ll use. I haven’t even used my Birthday boosters (I wish those things had 24 one hour charges. It seems like such a waste to use one and then most of those hours doesn’t get used unless you play like a crazy person on that char).

Best thing to do with these is to dedicate a single char to use them and only play on that char when you want the bonus from those. Example have 1 char you only use for WvW and have him use all those boosters. Make sure to only play on him when doing WvW so he does not waste any of the time doing daily or whatever – problem solved.

Remember the time does not run down when he is logged out, if they last 24 hours he will get the full 24 hours. Again tho only as long as he is only doing WvW (well whatever you want him to do, WvW is my example :P)

Posted by: BrooksP.4318

BrooksP.4318

Trust me you would not want this in the long run as it would mean you only get 1 gift per year for ALL your chars. Sure for a lot of people the gifts may not seem like worth having alts for but in my case with those lvl 20 scrolls over 8 chars you can see it’s better this way. :P

True enough. Though it could be done account based but really slot based instead of character. So say initially you get 5 slots because players start default with that many, then the timer starts when ever you buy a new slot.

Using my case I would have 5 slots eligible for 3 years due to initial slots, then 2 slots going on 1 year since I bought 2 slots about a year ago.

Granted while kind of upset about it, I’m just tossing that idea out, but not really serious about thinking they should do it. I’ll get over it.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Best thing to do with these is to dedicate a single char to use them and only play on that char when you want the bonus from those. Example have 1 char you only use for WvW and have him use all those boosters. Make sure to only play on him when doing WvW so he does not waste any of the time doing daily or whatever – problem solved.

Remember the time does not run down when he is logged out, if they last 24 hours he will get the full 24 hours. Again tho only as long as he is only doing WvW (well whatever you want him to do, WvW is my example :P)

yah, I was thinking I might dedicate them to a char in the new area when the expansion hits.

ANet may give it to you.

Paulytnz.7619

True enough. Though it could be done account based but really slot based instead of character. So say initially you get 5 slots because players start default with that many, then the timer starts when ever you buy a new slot.

Using my case I would have 5 slots eligible for 3 years due to initial slots, then 2 slots going on 1 year since I bought 2 slots about a year ago.

Granted while kind of upset about it, I’m just tossing that idea out, but not really serious about thinking they should do it. I’ll get over it.

Oh I get it so even if you deleted the char the slot is still classed as being 3 years old or whatever. I could live with that, might not be a bad suggestion to make actually as I am sure there are a lot of people out there who reroll chars often due to the 5 char slot limit.

Posted by: SenorMoody.5908

SenorMoody.5908

3 whole years… Maybe Im being too generous here but I feel that any player who has been with GW2 for 3 whole years deserves:

1. A 3rd anniversary weapon skin of their choice.

2. A title

3. A 20 slot bag

Wish it, Want it, Do it!

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

3 whole years… Maybe Im being too generous here but I feel that any player who has been with GW2 for 3 whole years deserves:

1. A 3rd anniversary weapon skin of their choice.

2. A title

3. A 20 slot bag

I have 20 slot bags, I have more titles than I will ever use, a skin would be nice, but I’d probably never use it.

I’d like

Level 20 scroll, a stack of shovels and bandit keys, and a the chosen, so I can finish my legendary.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

was datamined.

sounds unsatisfying if thats all. my wurm finisher is still the best

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Just a flesh wound.3589

was datamined.

My bunny rabbit finisher is wayyy better than any other. :P

ANet may give it to you.

Doggie.3184

was datamined.

My bunny rabbit finisher is wayyy better than any other. :P

my wurm turnz bunnies into fertilizer.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I just keep hoping for level up items. Like level 80 scrolls.

Or 60 level up tomes. Or six 10 tome items. Or maybe one 60 tome item…

Oh well.

let the sky fall

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

I just keep hoping for level up items. Like level 80 scrolls.

Or 60 level up tomes. Or six 10 tome items. Or maybe one 60 tome item…

Oh well.

just keep doing the dailys and join farm pvp matches and you will get enough tomes

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

How about account based and character based birthdays?

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Exp scroll to 80 instead of 20 would be nice.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

An account bound Queen Jennah, soulbound birthday blaster and a load of non-stackable useless boosts. Oh and a load of old stuff on sale in the gem store but specifically not the items people keep asking for on these forums.

Happy birthday guys, I’ll just leave a picture here of my happy face...

Attachments:

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Since the game is recycling the “celebration” here is a recycled post of mine from this time last year.

It’s sort of like the difference between a small town and a big city.

The Devs in Guild Wars 1 took the time to celebrate with us. It was more intimate and meaningful.

Here it feels like they are rushing from place to place. Got to do this. Got to do that. They don’t seem to understand the importance of building a community. Of taking time to mark the important anniversaries.

Imo, while the birthday blaster was a nice gift, the others were…… well, they almost like an afterthought, or even commercial. Leveling scrolls (again!) for which most people will need to buy character slots to use. Soulbound skill points (really???). Birthday boosters (nice but utilitarian. Sort of like getting socks).

There is a distinct lack of lightheartedness surrounding this birthday. It’s as if they wouldn’t have bothered with it if people hadn’t so obviously expected something. It was a chore. Something to be ticked off a list. So they went to a meeting and got the chore done. The item on the list was ticked off.

No celebration. No special events. No special drops. No birthday quests. Just an emailed present with several of the items identical to last years.

Happy birthday, ANet.

(sigh)
——————————————————————————————————————
Guild Wars 2. Making anniversaries dull since 2012

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i want endless combat tonics! (and not 5 minute duration with 30 minute cooldowns like the crappy watchwork one)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I bet we get more of those useless lvl 20 scrolls… Those stupid things don’t even stack year to year, just to annoy you even more…

Hopefully we at least get a title, and a unique mini or something.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I want a upgrade to last years birthday blaster that lasts a full hour (I’d settle for 30 minutes this year though). 10 minutes is just not worth a spot in my inventory.

Just a flesh wound.3589

^

A worthwhile length of time on the birthday blaster would be wonderful. And remove the soulbinding so I can give it to alts when leveling.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: ErolQuest.7209

ErolQuest.7209

Since the game is recycling the “celebration” here is a recycled post of mine from this time last year.

It’s sort of like the difference between a small town and a big city.

The Devs in Guild Wars 1 took the time to celebrate with us. It was more intimate and meaningful.

Here it feels like they are rushing from place to place. Got to do this. Got to do that. They don’t seem to understand the importance of building a community. Of taking time to mark the important anniversaries.

Imo, while the birthday blaster was a nice gift, the others were…… well, they almost like an afterthought, or even commercial. Leveling scrolls (again!) for which most people will need to buy character slots to use. Soulbound skill points (really???). Birthday boosters (nice but utilitarian. Sort of like getting socks).

There is a distinct lack of lightheartedness surrounding this birthday. It’s as if they wouldn’t have bothered with it if people hadn’t so obviously expected something. It was a chore. Something to be ticked off a list. So they went to a meeting and got the chore done. The item on the list was ticked off.

No celebration. No special events. No special drops. No birthday quests. Just an emailed present with several of the items identical to last years.

Happy birthday, ANet.

(sigh)
——————————————————————————————————————
Guild Wars 2. Making anniversaries dull since 2012

Well said.
But honestly, many of “old Anet” aren’t here anymore and I doubt “newcomers” are so “romantics” with GW2 (and I would like to see a list of Anet’ staff every 6 months just for my curiosity :P).
Also, I don’t understand Anet’s priority: so much for April’s Fool Day and so little for this… uhm… Sellebration?

P.S.
You make me smile for real with your “Sellebration”

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

3 years! That will be perfect opportunity for… 3 greens.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

3 Greens?
Oooh a 3 leaf clover, to represent our luck over the last 3 years.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

My bet is on something extravagant. Like a coupon that gives you twelve gems off the price of your next gemstore purchase. Coupons must be used at the time of purchase and only one per customer. It will be one of the best gifts that GW2 Anet has ever given us.

Posted by: mcwurth.2081

mcwurth.2081

a birthday finisher…. what use is that when not playing pvp?

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

1. Gathering Shorts
2. Sleeveless Hoodie
3. Witches Boots (or better, shorter boots)
4. Choice of Running Animation
5. Choice of Idle Animations
6. 10 Future ‘Choice Of…’ tickets for other unforeseen or foreseen things that 7 people complain about on their own characters that end up getting changed for everyone (like the horror of carrying a greatsword and how it causes triggers for people)
7. [Bonus] Pair of Sylvari-style Magician Leggings

[blows out candle]

Posted by: Night Fiend.1942

Night Fiend.1942

You could always do the Toxic Alliance events that are still around and stomp the Nightmare Court members. Sadly, that’s the only place in PvE where the stomping mechanic exists.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

It’s use is luring people into PvP to try it in the hopes more people get into their e-sport.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

I think account bound minis given as birthday presents need to be 1 per account…. yall know what its like having to delete 30+ queen jennah minis by hand? geesh… gotta type the full name out each time or else let them take up space in your bank…

Just a flesh wound.3589

I think account bound minis given as birthday presents need to be 1 per account…. yall know what its like having to delete 30+ queen jennah minis by hand? geesh… gotta type the full name out each time or else let them take up space in your bank…

Something like that I put on a brand new char or a key runner then delete that char.

ANet may give it to you.

Doggie.3184

Best way to celebrate a 3rd would be with Half Life 3.

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

The third birthday was a pretty good sequel to Parasite Eve

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

I would love to have a percursor or legendary of my choice. However, I expect to get leveling scrolls (which I don’t need) and some other birthday toy similar to the blaster.