Thirst Slayer vs All You Can Eat

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Thirst Slayer
I just spent literally 4 hours purchasing alcohol items one by one, and then consuming them one by one in order to max my thirst slayer title.

That is four hours of nonstop clicking…. nothing else. I spent 700k karma.

Four hours for 100,000 points to max the achievement. And I did this all at once….
I would be willing to vouch that even if you drank a stack of alcohol every day for however long it took, it would still be ridiculously drawn out. This title is not achievable through casual gameplay.

This felt very VERY unnecessarily drawn out for me.

All You Can Eat
I achieved within the first week of playing through casual gameplay.

The max food items you need to consume for the title is 800.

This feels really really shallow, especially when compared to ‘Thirst Slayer’.

800 vs 100,000

Do you think this is intentional or overlooked?

Do you think the amount of food for ‘All You Can Eat’ should be higher?

Do you think the amount of drinks ‘Thirst Slayer’ should be lowered?

Do you think it is okay how it is?

Do you think there should be titles associated with these achievements?

Attachments:

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

Well, in GW1 the drunkard achievement originally had you spend 10,000 minutes (or 7 days) in the drunken state. The cost for the alcohol was 2000 platinum. (It was recently changed to a point system like GW2). I’d say the difficulty of ‘Thirst Slayer’ was probably intentional on their part, keeping with the theme of ridiculous achievements from GW1.

If there has been any oversight for these achievements, I would say that it’s ‘All You Can Eat’ only requiring 800 instead of a larger number. It was probably kept low so that people couldn’t make money selling food to achievement hunters on the TP…

I do think that these should award titles. One of my biggest gripes about this game is the lack of titles.

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

(edited by Bullfrog.1324)

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

The ridiculous thing is you actually spending 4 hours and 700k karma to do this.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Kind of reminds me of the giant slayer achievement and the dolyak killing achievement. A bit out there for most casual players to achieve. I wonder why these kinds of achievements are even in the game. Perhaps the devs want to see how many of the players are dumb enough to do them.

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Aren’t dolyaks an integral part of wvw? killing them is a good thing :P

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Maximum Potato.5923

Maximum Potato.5923

Wouldn’t drinking that much liquor cause your liver to implode and turn your blood to vodka?

Who’s a good boy? Not you, since you aggro’d the BLOODY CHAMP-

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

That’s just an average Friday night for a Norn

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

The Drunkard, Party Animal, and Sweet tooth achievements/titles in GW1 took much longer and were much more expensive to max out.

They are sticking to tradition. Some achievements aren’t meant to be gotten in a few hours or a few months. They are meant to take years to achieve as you play the game, content updates, and expansions. The holidays and special events usually yield the biggest progress boosts.

The food based title has always been easier and a good deal cheaper because of the availability and mass quantity of sweets you could get. In GW1 this was from events. In GW2 it’s from cooking. Party animal was a bit tougher and drunkard was easily the most expensive if you tried to do it all at once.

Working as intended.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Drunkard
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sweet_tooth
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Party_animal

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I really don’t think that any of you referencing the titles in GW1 actually understand the amount of clicking i just did.

I maxed all of the consumable titles in GW1, and to be honest, all of them combined were nothing compared to this.

First of all…. you must purchase these items ONE AT A TIME.

In guild wars 1, you most likely purchased alcohol/sweets/party points by the stack (of 250) and the alcohol only required 10,000 minutes/drinks.

At first the title was a bit lofty, but anet realized how silly it was and changed the way booze functioned (at first you needed to use a timer, etc.) , and added more ways to earn points.
After an update or two you could just spam the booze if you had it, and you could also consume items that provided you with up to 50 drinks at a time (battle isle iced tea)

Trust me, this one title is like doing the drunkard from gw1 ten times over. 10,000 vs 100,000 and buying every single one of those items with the click of the mouse…. that’s 100,000 clicks to get the booze and 200,000 clicks (double clicking) to consume it all.

Has anyone else even completed this title yet?

I’d like to hear someone’s opinion who has actually gone through the trouble and hear what they have to say.

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

I really don’t think that any of you referencing the titles in GW1 actually understand the amount of clicking i just did.

Those of us who worked up to 25+ points in HoM are WELL aware of how much clicking you did/how crazy it is to get some titles/achievements.

But that is part of the idea behind horizontal progression.

Titles like this give no one an advantage in the game, so they are meant to take forever. Look how long it took a player to get the PvP titles. The way it was set up, you couldn’t possibly get them in under 100 seperate days. Some took 300+ days. But, since all it was for was aesthetic gains and titles, it was understandable.

As much as GW1 players complain about vertical progression, we aren’t likely to say much about horizontal progression grinding. That’s something we’ve become quite accustomed to, but since it didn’t gate us out of any content and didn’t affect our ability to PvP in any way, shape or form… most of us aren’t overly concerned about it.