This Blasted Glider...

This Blasted Glider...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Malthurius.6870

Malthurius.6870

…keeps deploying when I hold down jump!

Could we have an option to turn off glider deployment by holding down jump. Basically, making it so you have to double tap space to glide? As someone who holds down jump out of reflex when trying to make difficult or tight leaps during puzzles, I’ve fallen more than I’d like to admit from this.

This Blasted Glider...

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Just try to not hold down spacebar and ur good. Before gliding was implemented, holding down spacebar as u know had no impact, its all about u evaluating as u go the distance and speed with just one short spacebar press. Practice that and rid urself of that bad habbit.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

This Blasted Glider...

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

What will be interesting is that after training everyone to short tap, all the new mounts need a long press, default is also space bar.

This Blasted Glider...

Posted by: Corrada.7304

Corrada.7304

What will be interesting is that after training everyone to short tap, all the new mounts need a long press, default is also space bar.

Nope! Default key for mounts is X

This Blasted Glider...

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Nope! Default key for mounts is X

not for jumping\movement ability, thats on space, “deploying” them is x

This Blasted Glider...

Posted by: Corrada.7304

Corrada.7304

Jumping is really easy, muscle memory

This Blasted Glider...

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Just try to not hold down spacebar and ur good.

/facepalm

This Blasted Glider...

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

It should have a mapable key, not just space.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

This Blasted Glider...

Posted by: Pug.9784

Pug.9784

Hi all…
Play GW2 on an old Asus laptop and just could not get on with “keyboard” play. So got myslf a Razer Tartarus keypad…
MUCH more comfortable to play with and all keys mapable…
Still have the odd f***ing glider moments but more because of my age than anything else…
Paired with the Deathadder mouse I don’t need to touch the actual laptop keyboard, once the game is loaded…
Suits me Sir…

This Blasted Glider...

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ha! I have more trouble with the Raptor, as I have always tended to tap the spacebar and my Raptor’s leaps fall short.

You see, it works both ways now. Just wait until we get all the Mounts. Each with different spacebar needs! Lol.

This Blasted Glider...

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Holding down your space-bar does not make you jump farther, therefore… just don’t hold down your space-bar. Problem solved.

This Blasted Glider...

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Holding down your space-bar will make your Raptor leap farther, and Springer jump higher though, so get ready to mess up in one or the other for a bit. Lol.

This Blasted Glider...

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

I agree there should be an option to disable glider. Sometimes no matter how careful I am to just barely tap the space bar it still deploys the glider and screws up my jump.