This Game Is Nothing But Frustrating After Level 40

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ganadorf.3460

Ganadorf.3460

Zone after zone is almost complete devoid of any players, whatsoever. Yet there are countless group events…

On my first level 80, people were like “lol ur GOIN 2 FAST STOP THE RUSH!!! WOW PLAYER@@@”, so I can excuse this, to a degree. But there is no excuse now. Plenty of players are level 40 and above (many people such as myself have at least one 80), but these zones are still completely empty

The lack of a subscription fee lets Guild Wars 2 get away with a lot. No endgame content, terrible voice acting, poor class balance, etc., are all to be expected from a buy to play game. But when you can’t even level up without avoiding half the game, there’s a problem

(edited by Ganadorf.3460)

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Hrm, i’m not feeling this personally, you playing in primetime for your server or off hours?

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Ganadorf.3460

Hrm, i’m not feeling this personally, you playing in primetime for your server or off hours?

Well it’s 3:30 AM, what do you think…

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Well, find a group of friends to play with at the time you want to play.

Most people are sleeping on your server.

Anet cant do anything about peoples sleep cycles. There are people on your server that play at 3:30, i suggest you find them and, yanno group with them.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Posted by: Uchi.2419

Uchi.2419

You do know that you can solo most group events yes? Everything besides a few ranged champions are soloable if you have a good kiting build.

Ganadorf.3460

Well, find a group of friends to play with at the time you want to play.

Most people are sleeping on your server.

Anet cant do anything about peoples sleep cycles. There are people on your server that play at 3:30, i suggest you find them and, yanno group with them.

Rofl

Why would I need a group of people just to level up? We wouldn’t all be the same level for very long, anyway

I never had this problem in WoW, or any other MMO. It’s not like I’m Raiding or PvPing, I’m just trying to get a Class to 80, but I have to avoid half the quests in the game

Posted by: milkrun.2915

milkrun.2915

lol WoW player
Terrible voice acting? Just how much was in WoW? Not NEARLY the same amount
Voice acting. Definitely an important aspect of MMO gameplay

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

Level 53... no issues whatsoever finding groups for events.

Also.. how can you say you’ve never had this issue in WoW? Maybe if all you do is queue for dungeons /facepalm

Have you explored the world in the last year or better? Nobody around in 90% of zones. Hardly anyone in most starter zones. Likewise for most endgame zones. Anything you see is people sitting in town waiting for queues to go off.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Posted by: Counciler.7438

Counciler.7438

Let me get this straight… you are blaming ArenaNet and the game for the lack of players in the world at 3:30 in the morning? Seriously?

Posted by: Aseyhe.2948

Aseyhe.2948

I never had this issue, even with my first character that I rushed to 80 in the days after (headstart) release. Group events are usually soloable, but not really worth the time so I generally skipped them — but even skipping them, I did not feel like I was avoiding a significant amount of content. Group events are relatively rare and certainly nowhere near “half the quests in the game”.

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

All I can suggest is that it may be worth checking some other timezones and seeing which has their peak time closest to your play time.

And even if there’s no official server for that timezone, if there are enough people who play in that timezone they may well have unofficially designated a server so you should do a forum search.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Ganadorf.3460

I’m not blaming Arenanet for a lack of players, I’m blaming them for designing leveling content that requires a group

Like I said, you don’t have problems like this in WoW, which did away with the archaic concept of group questing many years ago

Posted by: Run Amok.9205

Run Amok.9205

There’s players everywhere I look on my server in primetime.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Consider moiving to a server in the other region. If you live in Europe, play in an American sever and vice versa. You should find more players like that.

Posted by: carson yuen.6739

carson yuen.6739

M i the only one who think the op should go back to wow?

At least the forum will be more quiet…..

Seriously even by west coast’s standard… Its 2 am here… Are you really blaming anet that you cant find ppl?

Also, most de are soloable if you arenot under level…. But judging by your iq, you are probably trying to solo des that are 4-5 levels higher than you, and complIn about no one there for you to leech the exp.

Please, go back to wow …..

Posted by: Fiennes.9568

Fiennes.9568

I’m not blaming Arenanet for a lack of players, I’m blaming them for designing leveling content that requires a group

You’re blaming them for designing group content in an MMO?

That is laughable.

Posted by: Cezton.2415

Cezton.2415

On a High server here.

Leveling up I saw nothing but BODIES. People everywhere, dozens doing events. You’re clearly playing at wee hours or are on a Medium server.

Posted by: Smackjack.5071

Smackjack.5071

Like I said, you don’t have problems like this in WoW, which did away with the archaic concept of group questing many years ago

So group questing in a MMO is archaic now and Solo questing is preferred ?

Go play Skyrim ? lol

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

@Ganadorf.:
<<Like I said, you don’t have problems like this in WoW, which did away with the archaic concept of group questing many years ago>>

WoW removed all the group quest atm m8
Just look the stone gole with the 2 kobolt in arathin highlands from elite > transform it into neutral-normal mob

Edit : Sorry , drunk here :P I should read better :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

Dynamic Events scale according to how many people are around them. So if no one is there to help, you can do them solo.

Yes, you can also solo champions. They just take a lot longer to kill and require a little bit more skill.

Posted by: Ansultares.1567

Ansultares.1567

All heart quests can be done solo.

DEs aren’t guaranteed to all be solo content.

I don’t see the problem.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Go Panda go!

I´m actually glad there´s WoW, it nicely contains people like the OP.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Lutinz.6915

Lutinz.6915

Ive found only group events require a group for leveling and most if not all of them are avoidable and skippable.

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

Why would I need a group of people just to level up? We wouldn’t all be the same level for very long, anyway

You don’t need people to level up, but it is a multiplayer game. Just saying.

Also, it doesn’t matter if you’re the same level. If they’re higher than you, they will be scaled downward. This is the first game I’ve ever played where level doesn’t really mean much when it comes to partying with people.

I never had this problem in WoW, or any other MMO. It’s not like I’m Raiding or PvPing, I’m just trying to get a Class to 80, but I have to avoid half the quests in the game

What? Seriously? I haven’t had any problems soloing anywhere in the game (except dungeons). You can even take out champions with the right tactics.

Posted by: Doug.9628

Doug.9628

Do you realize that you don’t have to level in the zones that your personal story takes you? If you’re level 40 and finding the content difficult, go to another race’s 25 zone and finish that. You’ll get a few levels out of it, karma, and lots of skill points.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Zone after zone is almost complete devoid of any players, whatsoever. Yet there are countless group events…

On my first level 80, people were like “lol ur GOIN 2 FAST STOP THE RUSH!!! WOW PLAYER@@@”, so I can excuse this, to a degree. But there is no excuse now. Plenty of players are level 40 and above (many people such as myself have at least one 80), but these zones are still completely empty

The lack of a subscription fee lets Guild Wars 2 get away with a lot. No endgame content, terrible voice acting, poor class balance, etc., are all to be expected from a buy to play game. But when you can’t even level up without avoiding half the game, there’s a problem

You ARE playing at a time when most of America (and in fact, other places in the world) are not even awake. I would check out the official Guild section and find an Aussie guild and server as they will actually be playing pretty frequently at around that time.

I will have to disagree with you though: you can do all “map completion” goals without a single other player. Not exactly ideal, but I’ve done it plenty of times on a warrior, ranger,and mesmer. Taking out champions is a whole other story, but you don’t need to kill them to level up.

If you feel that content is still too hard, I recommend checking the profession forums to find a build that suits your playstyle.

If you really want the company of other players while leveling up, I would suggest WvW.

Your last paragraph seems to come from a place of anger, is subjective, is not constructive, and really seems like bait, so I’m going to ignore it.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

Uh… there is only one kind of non-dungeon event that requires a group, and that’s the ones where it says [Group Event] (and even those can sometimes be solo’d).

The only place I have seen (and I have been to all but one zone) that has more than the very occasional [Group Event] are the Orr zones. Which you should not be in at lvl 40.

Don’t be intimidated by difficult looking Dynamic Events. Even if you fail them, you get rewarded.

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.

Posted by: Gryz.8376

Gryz.8376

I see lots of players in the world, wherever I go.

Only after 3:00 AM servertime, then the world-areas become a bit empty.

However, the OP has a point. Although he might not realize it.
World population is not an issue right now. And it probably won’t be an issue for the next 1-2 months.

But what after that ?
At some point, the amount of players leveling up new characters is gonna slow down. Of course there will be “altoholics”. Maybe more than in other games (as there is no PvE progression-content for the average player). But the amount of new characters will decrease dramatically. And then you will hardly see anyone in the low-level areas. And Public Events will get ignored. And the world will feel empty even more. It will happen. Just not now yet.

A “revolutionary MMO” should come up with a solution for this problem. After all, all MMOs will suffer this faith. Imho one viable solution would be to have 1 “leveling-server” after 2-3 months, where all players level up their character. And once they hit max-level, they go to their real-server. Maybe you can make it so that when a low-level charcater steps into a city, he enters his “home-server”. But all the questing should be done on a shared “leveling-server”. That way leveling will always feel crowded and fun. It’s just an idea, I’m sure there will be better ideas. But some studio has to be the first to tackle this problem.

(edited by Gryz.8376)

Posted by: Mickey.4207

Mickey.4207

Why people keep telling OP to go back to WOW? did he say he wants to go back to WOW or that he is from WOW? this is a cliche used by people to down play other people opinion. Not clever really.

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Jestunhi.7429

A “revolutionary MMO” should come up with a solution for this problem. After all, all MMOs will suffer this faith. Imho one viable solution would be to have 1 “leveling-server” after 2-3 months, where all players level up their character. And once they hit max-level, they go to their real-server. Maybe you can make it so that when a low-level charcater steps into a city, he enters his “home-server”. But all the questing should be done on a shared “leveling-server”. That way leveling will always feel crowded and fun. It’s just an idea, I’m sure there will be better ideas. But some studio has to be the first to tackle this problem.

As long as this is combined with “guesting” to allow cross-server grouping (moving the players into the same instance, either over to the leveling server or onto the main server) then it sounds great.

But I’d not want to completely isolate any alts that I create.

Posted by: Itzy.2751

Itzy.2751

Why people keep telling OP to go back to WOW? did he say he wants to go back to WOW or that he is from WOW? this is a cliche used by people to down play other people opinion. Not clever really.

Yes, twice in this thread alone. Also, looking at this post history he seems to think WoW does things better than GW2 so maybe he’d be happier there? This might be one of those occasions where “go back to WoW” is good advice rather than a troll.

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

Ganadorf, why do you torture yourself? You have been posting the same thing in here for weeks. If you don’t like the game, let go of it.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

you can bypass things that would require a group and still level like mad, this game is very easy on the experience, I do not really understand your problem.

Smackjack.5071

You must have never seen any of his other posts

Posted by: Martym.6971

Martym.6971

Never had problems finding groups myself. I play late night midnight-5AM hours and still find groups. Sometimes they are harder to find and/or take a little longer, but still I have luck.

Maybe you’re on a low pop server, low pop meaning less people? I always roll on high pop servers for that very reason.

Smackjack.5071

if people are playing in the middle of the night on a week day like the op it might be a better idea to play on U.S pop server.

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

OP, every thread you make grasps straws harder and harder.

Posted by: Caselia.6451

Caselia.6451

What part of “Everything is endgame” do people not understand? Read the front page for a change.

Posted by: JFetch.8932

JFetch.8932

It depends on the time of day when zones are empty. I found out today that 5:00am is the best time to try and get some alone time with the Shatterer. I soloed him for a few minutes until a few others showed up. It took us about 15 minutes to kill him. While it is frustrating when stuff like that happens, it’s also pretty fun.

Attachments:

Algreg.3629

OP, every thread you make grasps straws harder and harder.

amusing, just checked, yeah, he is not going to give up until everyone agrees this game sucks in every aspect and leave. Shaking his fist angrily into the camera.

Posted by: Acewings.6872

Acewings.6872

Op, that is my issue too. This game focus’s far too heavily on exploration and zone completion rather than just letting people grind out quests for exp. It makes the game feel really repetitive imo…

Jestunhi.7429

Op, that is my issue too. This game focus’s far too heavily on exploration and zone completion rather than just letting people grind out quests for exp. It makes the game feel really repetitive imo…

It feels repetitive because instead of grinding the same mobs / repeatable quests you are encouraged to explore new locations?

Am I the only one confused?

Algreg.3629

yeah, because grinding out quests isn´t repetive at all and certainly more varied than getting the path to varied locations on different maps. Seriously, filling more threads with your issue doesn´t improve your position in any way.

Acewings.6872

Grinding quests isn’t nearly as repetitive because it would be faster to level than going LOTR nerd and trying to figure out how to get up a mountain for 15 minutes or so. Faster leveling = less repetitive than slower leveling…it’s common sense.

Jestunhi.7429

Grinding quests isn’t nearly as repetitive because it would be faster to level than going LOTR nerd and trying to figure out how to get up a mountain for 15 minutes or so. Faster leveling = less repetitive than slower leveling…it’s common sense.

But that’s not the definition of repetitive.

Doing different things for 2 hours is not more repetitive than doing the same thing for 1 hour.

The thing which is most repetitive is most repetitive. And in this case it would be repeatedly killing the same mobs or doing the same quests.

Acewings.6872

Jest, by that logic…exploring over and over again is repetitive. You just contradicted yourself. Just saying…

Jestunhi.7429

Jest, by that logic…exploring over and over again is repetitive. You just contradicted yourself. Just saying…

Exploring the same thing over and over again would be.

Just like killing the same mobs or farming the same small group of events thay spawn near each other would be.

But exploring new locations and doing new quests would not be.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Classes are more balanced than many other games and is actually quite good. They have things unique to their class only, as only an elementalist can switch attunements, Mesmers create illusions, guardians have their support abilities, rangers have pets and best bow abilities, necros with death shroud (okay, they get pets too, though I think the mechanics might be different as I have no experience with these classes other than beta), thieves with initiative and steal, etc. Compare with SWTOR where classes were very homogenized. Both jedi/sith and smuggler/agent had a stealth class, one a stealth tank and the other a stealth healer, and abilities were very similar. Resources were different, but abilities the same. Oh, and troopers could tank, heal, and DPS, not only that, but bounty hunters due to animations have their abilities hit much sooner.

As for voice acting… did you notice the human male has the same voice as the male Jedi consular from SWTOR? If someone told me it’s the same actor I’d believe them. Countess Anise and Tybalt have good voice acting, as does Agent Betenga and the other Orders’ representatives. As for endgame content there’s Orr and that 70-80 zone north of some Norn land (I was just there). Not to mention PvP.

There are legitimate concerns such as mobs having slow-downs (if you’re trying to get away it’s pretty much impossible as cleansing abilities need to go off CD and lightning flash is a point and click ability), Krayt, and those things that shoot rapid fire poison, and the poison lasts too long, a billion mobs coming out of nowhere when you attack one, etc., but overall they’ll fix these problems.

Algreg.3629

You are aware the term exploring itself implies “different things”? I think after this post logic really is a taboo word for you

Posted by: Amnon.4769

Amnon.4769

Relax, everyone. Ganadorf is a complete troll; every single post he’s made on these forums since day 1 were complaints about the dumbest of things. I’m shocked he’s still actually playing the game, after complaining about every single aspect of it for so long.

And just for fun: You don’t NEED a group to level up, there are plenty of solo events, and all heart quests are solo-able. There are group quests in WoW, also, along side dungeon quests. If you can’t find players during the times you play, consider moving to a European server.