This Game's PvE needs a Trinity.

in Suggestions

Posted by: No Walking.6349

No Walking.6349

Look at all the dungeons, it’s dodging and damaging. Look at all the world bosses, dodging and damaging. Look at all the guild bounties, just damaging.

I mean, it sounds good on paper not having a trinity, but in the real game it just makes it to where all the boss fights are just an easy DPS race. No technique, planning, or skill is required by the groups at all.

Guild missions are supposed to be guild endgame PvE now right? Well then why does it all consist of just finding a mob on a set path, then AFK auto-attacking hum for 5 minutes? This isn’t right at all. Greatly looking forward to having both WvW and the trinity in TES:O.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

Enjoy TESO.

Can I have your GW2 stuff?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

And end up like WoW with 2 hour LFR queues? No thanks

Take those trinity training wheels off and have some fun~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaeden.6952

Kaeden.6952

There is a trinity,

It’s called:

Damage
Control
Support

in Suggestions

No Walking.6349

There is a trinity,

It’s called:

Damage
Control
Support

ROFL, oh ok. So that must be why I can AFK any boss in the game outside of fractal lvl 30+ This includes all the world bosses and guild bounties.

No, we need a trinity.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Waraxx.4286

Waraxx.4286

try fractals 30+ with no planning and see how well it goes.

and if you complain on lack of technique, planning and skill then trinity i the opposite to what you want. trinity is there to tell people to do one simple role. dps, tank or heal. there you go, everybody knows what to do. where is the planning in that? here some planning needs to be done, here the game doesn’t tell you exactly what to do it just tells you “here bet this boss”
because this “no trinity” game play is quite new the designing of the encounters are still in its testing phase. thus the encounters doesn’t feel as crisp as they do in a trinity game.

if you feel the game isn’t challenging enough go play fotm that’s where the really challenging pve content is. some of the dungeons and the guild missions are designed so that ppl with lesser gear also have a descent chance so when u come in there with max gear of course you will find it easier.

and no kaeden there is no trinity, not even the support, dmg, control that you propose. why? because the definition of trinity is that one person fill one role and one role only. so if there was a trinity in this game then guardian would have 0 dmg and 0 controll and all he can do is support. witch is not the case. no matter how deep you go into the support role you will always have some dmg and some controll that matter. so everybody is contributing to the support/dmg/control areas and not only to one area.

(edited by Waraxx.4286)

in Suggestions

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

the trinity still exists, it’s just not the cookie cutter one that we had before.
It’s now:
CC, Support, DPS
It could even be considered that it’s less than a trinity now – just support and DPS. (Due to CC not having much of an effect/limited effect on bosses)

BTW, saying that there is one, doesn’t mean I dismiss the idea of the game needing some form of backbone to work from. Apparently Anet are working on traits all the time, so who knows. They could buckle under their own pressure and create very-heal-oriented specs for all classes, and more tanky-based skills etc.

(edited by nethykins.7986)

in Suggestions

Posted by: shyrith.3462

shyrith.3462

By the sounds of it, there wont be a Trinity in TES:O either. Actually, so far TES:O sounds a lot like GW2, just with TES lore.

I assume you play Warrior or Guardian. Try playing an ele or mesmer. You definitely can’t afk on auto attack, then.

ET and proud to be!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There is a trinity,

It’s called:

Damage
Control
Support

ROFL, oh ok. So that must be why I can AFK any boss in the game outside of fractal lvl 30+ This includes all the world bosses and guild bounties.

No, we need a trinity.

You need a trinity. That’s pretty much the one thing they could add to this game that would cause me to leave (and I don’t believe I’m alone).

The trinity is a place where bad players can DPS there heads off, because two talented guys are keeping them safe. No thanks. It’s a horrid design. I’m surprised it’s lasted as long as it has.

I’m sorta glad that TESO will have a trinity. It’s one more game I can avoid investing time and energy into.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

The game would have been so much better if designed around a trinity system. Encounters wouldn’t be braindead, open world wouldn’t be like a boring, repetitive themepark, sPvP wouldnt be dead and the skill system wouldn’t be vapid. This game needs a combat, skills, and traits system revamp A.S.A.P. Fights like Jormag and such require no strategy, team synergy, or deep understanding of player skill and the lack of roles and content designed to supplement that is why. You will never see anything more than these brain-dead spam auto-attack fights. They designed the game like this to cater to where the money is at, casual players that dont like complexity, dont like cooperating with other people, etc. It’s basically all just a backdrop to the cash shop.

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

The game would have been so much better if designed around a trinity system. Encounters wouldn’t be braindead, open world wouldn’t be like a boring, repetitive themepark, sPvP wouldnt be dead and the skill system wouldn’t be vapid. This game needs a combat, skills, and traits system revamp A.S.A.P. Fights like Jormag and such require no strategy, team synergy, or deep understanding of player skill and the lack of roles and content designed to supplement that is why. You will never see anything more than these brain-dead spam auto-attack fights. They designed the game like this to cater to where the money is at, casual players that dont like complexity, dont like cooperating with other people, etc. It’s basically all just a backdrop to the cash shop.

Yep the dragon fights are pretty crappy. I can agree with that. But I don’t think adding a trinity would make open world encounters any better. I mean Rift has a trinity and open world encouters there are about the same as they are here. At least they were when I left.

As for dungeons, that’s a whole different matter. There are good bosses and bad bosses. The good ones require a team somewhat knowing what they’re doing and the bad ones don’t.

But I think adding at trinity would kill this game for a lot of people.

in Suggestions

lothefallen.7081

Yep the dragon fights are pretty crappy. I can agree with that. But I don’t think adding a trinity would make open world encounters any better. I mean Rift has a trinity and open world encouters there are about the same as they are here. At least they were when I left.

As for dungeons, that’s a whole different matter. There are good bosses and bad bosses. The good ones require a team somewhat knowing what they’re doing and the bad ones don’t.

I’m actually not in favor of adding trinity…the game at this point would not support it. I’m just saying, in my opinion, the game could have been so much better if they didnt just throw everything fun about GW1 into the garbage so they could market to a bigger crowd.

The Ardent Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

A trinity system doesn’t make for much more exciting combat. It just creates a privileged minority out of tanks and healers. So now, instead of a dungeon group just falling apart because of rampant stupidity and failure, it can also fall apart because of primadonnas rage-quitting when you don’t bend to their will.

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

I’m actually not in favor of adding trinity…the game at this point would not support it. I’m just saying, in my opinion, the game could have been so much better if they didnt just throw everything fun about GW1 into the garbage so they could market to a bigger crowd.

Guild Wars 1 didn’t really have a trinity though…at least not in PVe. I mean I never ever played any content in Guild Wars 1 with a tank. Healing yes..tank no.

I had a lot of damage mitigation and some healing, but no real tank. So not quite a trinity.

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

This thread gave me cancer.

They strictly advertised this game to have zero trinity and the game is fun without it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

lothefallen.7081

Guild Wars 1 didn’t really have a trinity though…at least not in PVe. I mean I never ever played any content in Guild Wars 1 with a tank. Healing yes..tank no.

I had a lot of damage mitigation and some healing, but no real tank. So not quite a trinity.

Yeah, but trinity in the traditional sense is boring….in GW1 it was fun. You could have a Dervish melee, a Ritualist healer, a Utility Necromancer, and a Ranger and go toe to toe with a team that had a Monk, a Warrior, a Mesmer, and an Elementalist. The outcome really depended on player skill a lot more than the classes like in GW2. If the Dervish had a bad build and didnt know how to backline, they were toast, but if the opposing warrior didn’t and the Dervish had Wounding Strike, that Dervish could dish out some heavy damage to the whole opposing team. Basically, there was a lot of variety and depth in GW1 combat. I think removing a dedicated healing option and making it so everything is just AoE, no player targeted skills, etc…it just takes all the depth out for me. GW1 was really a gem, the combat was amazing. Maybe it was antiquated, buyt the depth that really mattered was there and it’s completely void in GW2. The game just isn’t satisfying so they have to artificially pepper it with rewards, it’s really sad honestly. I AB’d all day long with my guild in GW1 and i didn’t give a flying kitten about being rewarded with legendary weapons. The developers are just so oblivious, the game needs work, not contrived rewards.

The Ardent Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

TESO = O w/o the TES
“we want to appeal to a broad player base”
i.e. we want to chase after WoW accounts with yet another WoW clone. Everyone else failed and died, but if we do the same thing (cloning) over and over we’ll get the sa… different results, RIGHT?!?

No trinity here? So you haven’t rolled a warr, guard or mes here and lfg at dungeons yet? No comment on guild affairs, that’s for GW2’s new pet, MEGA guilds. Can do w/o the teenaged drama parties.

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

There is a trinity,

It’s called:

Damage
Control
Support

True, and that sounded like a great idea before launch. Unfortunately, because of the way the game is designed, the only thin that’s needed is just Damage (with just a bit of self-preservation). Why immobilize that mob when we can smash it to bits instead? Why bring a crowd control spec’d Engineer into a dungeon when a damage spec’d Warrior can increase our efficiency so much more?

Now if dungeons were actually built around a balance of damage, support, and control (with a sprinkling of condition damage thrown in for good measure), the current trinity would work. But as it is, just damage, damage, and more damage is all anyone needs to blow through dungeons.

in Suggestions

lothefallen.7081

A trinity system doesn’t make for much more exciting combat. It just creates a privileged minority out of tanks and healers. So now, instead of a dungeon group just falling apart because of rampant stupidity and failure, it can also fall apart because of primadonnas rage-quitting when you don’t bend to their will.

And always these same ignorant comments about trinity. GW1’s combat system was infinitely more rewarding and deep than GW2. You wanna tell me that GW2’s combat is better without defined roles, team integrity, and purposeful gameplay that creates engaging experiences?

Maybe i should post a video i have about me playing a lv 80 dungeon with no hands all the while eating a full course meal. Maybe i should post a video about how people just stand on the side of jormag and afk with auto attack on while the sleep on the keyboard. If you die, there’s the down state boo boo bandaid to save you within four seconds. That’s what you have in place of the trinity. Rangers and Engineers excluded from parties because the roles are so ill-defined…Rangers don’t have Time Warp, then what do they have? Go and tell me a trinity structure design doesn’t create a more solid foundation for designing games like this. Go and tell me you like whacking a boss for 15 minutes because the only way they can add difficulty to encounters is to make the boss have health points in scientific notation. That’s what this trinity-less structure gets us.

The Ardent Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: clay.7849

clay.7849

The game does have all the parts of the trinity; it’s just that no one character can do one thing really well except DPS. That, and the utility and healing aspects have basically been nerfed to kitten. So, we traded having to spam LF MONK or taking a henchman with having complex combat and interesting/exciting team play.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I strictly bought this game because the lack of a totally solid trinity would prevent forcing me in to a designated role with no flexibility.

You would take that away.

There’s a reason I don’t play any other MMO.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Suggestions

lothefallen.7081

There is a trinity,

It’s called:

Damage
Control
Support

True, and that sounded like a great idea before launch. Unfortunately, because of the way the game is designed, the only thin that’s needed is just Damage (with just a bit of self-preservation). Why immobilize that mob when we can smash it to bits instead? Why bring a crowd control spec’d Engineer into a dungeon when a damage spec’d Warrior can increase our efficiency so much more?

Now if dungeons were actually built around a balance of damage, support, and control (with a sprinkling of condition damage thrown in for good measure), the current trinity would work. But as it is, just damage, damage, and more damage is all anyone needs to blow through dungeons.

And that’s another thing, this damage, support, control trinity is so ill-defined and intangible, they can’t really design encounters around it. It all just deteriorates into a button mashing zerg. Don’t even get me started on how you can’t even change your weapon skills around and that each class has like 1-2 viable builds and even fewer viable elite skills.

The Ardent Aegis

in Suggestions

clay.7849

Yes, a balanced trinity system does all that crap you mentioned, which is why having friends and a good guild to play with made the experience much more enjoyable.

What you are wrong about is that having a balanced trinity does actually make combat more interesting, complex, strategic and rewarding. We can go on about this for hours, but it is pretty much a fact that cooperative play and meaningful encounters were much better in GW1 due to a balanced trinity than in GW2.

in Suggestions

lothefallen.7081

I strictly bought this game because the lack of a totally solid trinity would prevent forcing me in to a designated role with no flexibility.

So you like being a jack of all trades, master of none, marginalized purpose..someone that is just a number in a sea of numbers? Flexibility would be allowing a Guardian or Necromancer fully spec into a healing role. Try that here, kitten your team’s efficiency. Flexibility is in the eye of the beholder.

The Ardent Aegis

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

Yes, a balanced trinity system does all that crap you mentioned, which is why having friends and a good guild to play with made the experience much more enjoyable.

What you are wrong about is that having a balanced trinity does actually make combat more interesting, complex, strategic and rewarding. We can go on about this for hours, but it is pretty much a fact that cooperative play and meaningful encounters were much better in GW1 due to a balanced trinity than in GW2.

I still say Guild Wars 1 didn’t have a trinity. WoW has a trinity.

The reason Guild Wars 1 didn’t have a trinity is because there’s no aggro mechanic. There’s no taunt mechanic. Sure Guild Wars 1 players called certain people tanks, but tanks weren’t strictly necessary, at least in PVe.

I never used a tank in PVe. Not once. That means that in Guild Wars 1, the trinity didn’t exist. Not as it does in other games.

in Suggestions

clay.7849

The reason Guild Wars 1 didn’t have a trinity is because there’s no aggro mechanic. There’s no taunt mechanic. Sure Guild Wars 1 players called certain people tanks, but tanks weren’t strictly necessary, at least in PVe.

I never used a tank in PVe. Not once. That means that in Guild Wars 1, the trinity didn’t exist. Not as it does in other games.

Based on your definition I agree 100%. I also never did the whole tank thing in GW1.

My opinion of the trinity in GW1 would look more like a balance between damage, healing/prot and utility. Or, frontline, midline and backline.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Heijincks.9267

Heijincks.9267

No, we don’t need a trinity. The last thing GW2 needs is to stray away from its niche and become more like other MMORPGs.

in Suggestions

Vayne.8563

Based on your definition I agree 100%. I also never did the whole tank thing in GW1.

My opinion of the trinity in GW1 would look more like a balance between damage, healing/prot and utility. Or, frontline, midline and backline.

Have you played many other MMOs. If you did, you’d know why I hate the trinity. It’s very constricting. Not just on the player’s side, but on the development side as well.

I played Rift for a while and I have to tell you, I learned to hate the trinity as it exists in most MMOs.

Which doesn’t mean Guild Wars 2’s combat couldn’t be improved. But I think there is a lot to the combat that only really comes into play in a couple of hard encounters.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NetherDiver.6079

NetherDiver.6079

What this game lacks are challenging PvE encounters. Each class has many tools at its disposal: boons, condis, AoEs, interrupts, CC, abilities that push and pull, blocks, evasion. The problem isn’t the lack of the trinity, the problem is that you aren’t really encouraged to utilize all of your skill sets. It’s a blast to coordinate CC by getting a boss’ defiant stacks down and interrupting the boss right before he unleashes a devastating attack but very few bosses require this amount of teamwork.

A bad encounter is a bad encounter. Trinity or not. A bad encounter with a trinity just amounts to tanking and spanking. A bad encounter with GW2’s system amounts to DPSing/standing on terrain and AFKing.

In terms of Guild Missions, you’re speaking only about the first type. Guild Challenges are the thing to look forward to in terms of challenging PvE encounters that require a large group and coordination. I can’t tell you if that’s successful or not seeing as no one’s unlocked it yet. It’s unfair to judge Guild Missions on just one aspect alone.

Even so, some of the Bounty bosses have some interesting mechanics. One boss can only be damaged if you’re without a condition. I’m not sure these are supposed to have complex dungeon boss mechanics. Half of the challenge is actually just finding the boss.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

Adding my voice to the ones who say that GW1 did not have a trinity. I Vanquished every single zone with a hero party and not once did I spec one of them out as a tank.

I do have issues with GW2’s combat, but the lack of the trinity isn’t one of them. I’d like to see more complex AI (GW1 had groups that synergised and forced a strategy change), I’d like to see more specialisation into specific playstyles (the ‘soft’ trinty) and yes, I’d like to see hexes and enchantments make a return in some form. I don’t want to go back to ye old tank’n’spank days, but I wouldn’t say no to one or two encounters that promoted a similar strategy – so long as there were plenty of others that encouraged skill, weapon and trait swapping between fights, versatility and variety.

Bringing in the trinity wouldn’t solve any of the combat’s real issues. Giving players who want to play support more opportunities to enjoy that playstyle requires a lot more thought than trying to force dependency on other players.

in Suggestions

lothefallen.7081

No, we don’t need a trinity. The last thing GW2 needs is to stray away from its niche and become more like other MMORPGs.

But it’s becoming that way…vertical progression, daily grinds…

I think that GW2 combat needs to come more into line with GW1. There was no trinity in GW1 but each class was so well defined in their roles that the monk or healer just allowed deep, synergistic team compositions. It put an extra paradigm in, it was true cooperative team play. In this game, you can self heal to max hp, you can ressurect someone from down state within seconds. That’s a good replacement for a healer class? Take away a whole interactive player paradigm in favor of braindead mechanics.

People hating on GW1 trinity system really need to check what they’re saying, it’s just not logical.

You dont need a tank in GW1, you couldn’t tank in GW1, but things were balanced around the healer. The healer broke up zergs, it caused intense risk / reward situations. Your healer is low on hp? Communicate and pull out of the fight. You’re getting pressured too fast? Run. Your team is pressuring the other team better, you get them on the run. There is nothing this engaging in GW2. It’s like fisher price, my first MMO.

The combat system is shallow and needs an overhaul.

The Ardent Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

If they reduced the D for Damage, increased the S from Support they could leave the C pretty much alone. As it sits DPS is the only king and support although a nice thing to see is not needed in most encounters. Certainly not in open world or many dungeons where the faster you can burn down the enemies the better.

GW2 don’t need a conventional trinity, it just needs to make what is has work better together so that all types of character can feel valuable in a party.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

So you like being a jack of all trades, master of none, marginalized purpose..someone that is just a number in a sea of numbers? Flexibility would be allowing a Guardian or Necromancer fully spec into a healing role. Try that here, kitten your team’s efficiency. Flexibility is in the eye of the beholder.

Yes, this is exactly the reason the players who don’t enjoy trinity will love GW2 like me.
I for myself really hate the needs of tank and healer in a party, i prefer every member is needed equally.

And i agree GW2 got a lot room to improve but definitely not the suggestion of making trinity return or suddenly add a healer class. This combat system is new and Anet should develop more deeper and interesting encounter around it, not making a totally overhaul to such a fantastic system.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

Seriously, op didn’t make a point other to cry
“I hate GW2, so I’m running away”

The adults look at OP and say… “Ok bye, have fun”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drew.1865

Drew.1865

There is a trinity it’s Mesmer, gaurdian warrior :-).

Is GW2 a game or a virtual casino?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

This game works fine as designed

meaning NO TRINITY NEEDED.

especially in PvE …. if you can’t manage your own healing abilities then you have to start learning how to do so.

Also spec out your gear so it can increase your heals

Don’t make your gear all one spec. Make each piece of you gear a different spec so you will be well balanced and thus survivable.

Also check out your traits. if you have all your points in one line again you are hurting yourself. There are traits that increase healing and health

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

in Suggestions

clay.7849

Have you played many other MMOs. If you did, you’d know why I hate the trinity. It’s very constricting. Not just on the player’s side, but on the development side as well.

I played Rift for a while and I have to tell you, I learned to hate the trinity as it exists in most MMOs.

Which doesn’t mean Guild Wars 2’s combat couldn’t be improved. But I think there is a lot to the combat that only really comes into play in a couple of hard encounters.

Yeah, here is the rub, I haven’t played any other MMO’s. I have tried them and quit after a week or two.

Guild Wars 1 was it for me, so my views on the genre are a bit warped. I played a few FPS games I liked and I am a big fan of the Elder Scroll games.

I really like the action oriented style of GW2, I just think the synergy in teams from GW1 is missing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: McDili.1549

McDili.1549

There is a trinity,

It’s called:

Damage
Control
Support

No, we need a trinity.

This is such a massive exaggeration. You can’t AFK Kholer. You can’t AFK Subject Alpha. You can’t afk Lupicus. You can’t AFK a lot of bosses in this game, you can have the best bunker gear out there and Kholer will still kill you if you AFK him.

The world bosses you can AFK, sure. I’ll give you that.

I’m sure you’re in good groups, so if your entire group is dodging at the right times then that’s awesome, they’re using their skills and reaction time to complete the bosses.

In this game, if you die it’s because you made a mistake. If you are skillful, you will dodge correctly, use utilities correctly, and in some cases even distinguish between when its okay to range or melee an enemy.

These are all skills.

Please explain to me how in a Trinity, the healer is using personal skill to keep a tank alive.

Please explain to me how in a Trinity, the Tank is using personal skill to sit on the boss and use a taunt type of ability.

In this game, you are required to dodge in many engagements to survive and maintain good group efficiency. We also have utilities such as reflections, every class has at least one utility that allows them to mitigate at least one single attack no matter how powerful, something that you would use sparingly.

Trinity ruins the skill cap and also makes finding a group much harder for certain people too.

Please understand what you’re asking for before you ask for it.

in Suggestions

lothefallen.7081

Yes, this is exactly the reason the players who don’t enjoy trinity will love GW2 like me.
I for myself really hate the needs of tank and healer in a party, i prefer every member is needed equally.

And i agree GW2 got a lot room to improve but definitely not the suggestion of making trinity return or suddenly add a healer class. This combat system is new and Anet should develop more deeper and interesting encounter around it, not making a totally overhaul to such a fantastic system.

But i guarantee you your ranger is not as valuable to the party as a guardian. Your ele doesn’t have time warp, your engineer can’t put out damage or take damage like a warrior.

We already have a soft trinity formed. Guardian, Mesmer, Warrior…the game is extremely unbalanced. With a healer class, encounters would improve, team engagement would improve, so many reasons why this game could use a class system overhaul.

Guardian has such good support, mesmer has great utility, warrior has great damage…that’s like the trinity anyways. Why not add a healer class so that all team specs can be viable? I can run 4 rangers and a healer…balance the classes around the healer..so much potential.

You must think fights like Jormag and braindead mechanics like down state are the way of the future. I question the mentality of everyone who doesnt at least think of what the game would be like if it was designed with more defined roles.

The Ardent Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

Seriously, op didn’t make a point other to cry
“I hate GW2, so I’m running away”

The adults look at OP and say… “Ok bye, have fun”

I have actually posted it exactly that way more then once

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

in Suggestions

lothefallen.7081

There is a trinity,

It’s called:

Damage
Control
Support

No, we need a trinity.

This is such a massive exaggeration. You can’t AFK Kholer. You can’t AFK Subject Alpha. You can’t afk Lupicus. You can’t AFK a lot of bosses in this game, you can have the best bunker gear out there and Kholer will still kill you if you AFK him.

The world bosses you can AFK, sure. I’ll give you that.

I’m sure you’re in good groups, so if your entire group is dodging at the right times then that’s awesome, they’re using their skills and reaction time to complete the bosses.

In this game, if you die it’s because you made a mistake. If you are skillful, you will dodge correctly, use utilities correctly, and in some cases even distinguish between when its okay to range or melee an enemy.

These are all skills.

Please explain to me how in a Trinity, the healer is using personal skill to keep a tank alive.

Please explain to me how in a Trinity, the Tank is using personal skill to sit on the boss and use a taunt type of ability.

In this game, you are required to dodge in many engagements to survive and maintain good group efficiency. We also have utilities such as reflections, every class has at least one utility that allows them to mitigate at least one single attack no matter how powerful, something that you would use sparingly.

Trinity ruins the skill cap and also makes finding a group much harder for certain people too.

Please understand what you’re asking for before you ask for it.

All you do is wait 2 seconds and dodge otherwise, wow that’s so deep.

GW1 example. I have deep wound on the warrior, i have spoil victor, im slowed, my monk is being harassed by a mesmer, the ranger is being blinded by a bsurge ele…what do i do as a Ritualist? I need energy, im about to be bulls-striked…the monk receives my spirit light, gets off a WoH, our warrior d-chops the other monk’s Word of healing and we win the match.

Wheres that type of depth in GW2?

The Ardent Aegis

in Suggestions

No Walking.6349

It’s niche was the AWESOME system of GW1….they already strayed away from that and made it MUCH worse.

in Suggestions

Posted by: kyro.8162

kyro.8162

I really don’t think this game needs a healer. A more support orientated character that actually benefits from clerics armor? Maybe. If there is a support character, it would make the game more interesting. Regular groups can go without it and do just fine. Think of it as a full cleric boon guardian, but with more direct single or line targeted help. This should please those who view the current system as flawed and still avoid angering those who like how the current system is.

Sanctum of Rall
New Namek [Kami]
Guardian/Ele/Warrior/Engi/Mes/Necro/Ranger

in Suggestions

Posted by: LunaNosCustodit.1458

LunaNosCustodit.1458

I think you might have entirely missed the point of what GW2 is trying to accomplish.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

It’s niche was the AWESOME system of GW1….they already strayed away from that and made it MUCH worse.

Solution….

go play GW1

OMG BECKY!

in Suggestions

No Walking.6349

I think you might have entirely missed the point of what GW2 is trying to accomplish.

Take a truly unique MMO system like in GW1 and make it “care bear online?” Yeah, that’s what they’re trying to accomplish

in Suggestions

lothefallen.7081

Which is?

Sell cash shop items? Time-gate you with grinds? Inject vertical progression? Toy with the economy to encourage RMT? Trivialize GW1 lore and fandom to market to a larger audience? Sell out GW1 fans with braindead combat mechanics and fights like CoF p1 end boss? Destroy any depth that players enjoyed in GW1?

The Ardent Aegis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

There is a trinity,

It’s called:

Damage
Control
Support

No, we need a trinity.

No we don’t. I’d love to see you auto-attack Grenth.

in Suggestions

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

But i guarantee you your ranger is not as valuable to the party as a guardian. Your ele doesn’t have time warp, your engineer can’t put out damage or take damage like a warrior.

We already have a soft trinity formed. Guardian, Mesmer, Warrior…the game is extremely unbalanced. With a healer class, encounters would improve, team engagement would improve, so many reasons why this game could use a class system overhaul.

Guardian has such good support, mesmer has great utility, warrior has great damage…that’s like the trinity anyways. Why not add a healer class so that all team specs can be viable? I can run 4 rangers and a healer…balance the classes around the healer..so much potential.

You must think fights like Jormag and braindead mechanics like down state are the way of the future. I question the mentality of everyone who doesnt at least think of what the game would be like if it was designed with more defined roles.

Braindead? Mentality of others?
Seriously, get off your high horse. I haven’t meant anyone with a mature mentality who believes that it is their way, and anyone who disagrees has mental issues.

Real adults knows that people have different likes and dislikes, different opinions when it comes to game design, and will have the mental maturity to not insult people for having differing opinions then they do.

in Suggestions

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

I think the issue with the trinity to date is that it has been implemented in a rigid way. A certain class is a tank, another class is a healer etc… There are games where a class can do many roles but you still need to commit to one role for an encounter due to gearing and traits.

I think GW2 should have made every class capable of shifting between roles. Final Fantasy 13 does this nicely with Paradigm Shifts. It means you can go from everyone in damage role to all healers, and it actually opens a lot of options on how difficult content can be made.