This LS quote made me very curious

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

There are enraptured super-fans fervently guessing at what’s to come, mind you, and apparently one person in every 10,000-20,000 has guessed correctly. “And we haven’t told them this!” Johanson cackled. "Most of the rest of our fans are all saying, ’You’re crazy! There’s no way that’s what it is – that’s way too cool.

Full story on: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-14-you-thought-that-was-it-for-guild-wars-2

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Sounds like it could possibly be dragon related then! O.O

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Nah everybody hopes its a dragon. I’m rooting for her in becoming our ally and joining that new group forming up that has Rox and Braham in it. They still need a sylvari

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Sounds like it is almost certainly NOT dragon related. Pretty much every single post is begging for a dragon to keep people interested and to make the game worth playing.

You know what one in every 20,000-30,000 people is saying….

That scarlet will return next season…

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Sounds like it is almost certainly NOT dragon related. Pretty much every single post is begging for a dragon to keep people interested and to make the game worth playing.

Note, this can be skewed by one in every 20,000 being everyone posting on the forums, or just one in 20k being the only people posting in the lore sections or theorycrafting in seriousness.

I’m going to refuse to try to guess until we get closer, because there’s just not enough for me to go on yet.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

How about a golem uprising?

Posted by: Mimizu.7340

Mimizu.7340

makes me think of 3 possibilities:

1. Scarlet is the jungle dragon from the Dreaming.
2. Scarlet will become the Dark Tree.
3. Scarlet is pulling a Kormir.

edit: 4. Scarlet is bringing the gods back (thus making human cultural skills suddenly useful).

Mimizu Heavy Industries [Doll] – Underworld

(edited by Mimizu.7340)

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

She’s one of Caithe’s lovers…

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Note, this can be skewed by one in every 20,000 being everyone posting on the forums, or just one in 20k being the only people posting in the lore sections or theorycrafting in seriousness.

I’m going to refuse to try to guess until we get closer, because there’s just not enough for me to go on yet.

I wouldn’t take the “one person in every 10,000-20,000 has guessed correctly” part of the quote literally. I doubt very much 10,000-20,000 people have bothered guessing what’s coming next. I doubt very much 10,000-20,000 people even know this season of the Living Story is coming to an end. And even if they do, it’s not like ArenaNet is tracking actual metrics on how many people are guessing X vs how many are guessing Y.

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Nah everybody hopes its a dragon. I’m rooting for her in becoming our ally and joining that new group forming up that has Rox and Braham in it. They still need a sylvari

I hope not, enemies becoming allies is so played out. I also wonder if every group HAS to have one of every race in it, seems silly.

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Doesn’t necessarily mean that the actual idea that has been guessed will actually please the majority of the playerbase.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I hope not, enemies becoming allies is so played out. I also wonder if every group HAS to have one of every race in it, seems silly.

It is silly. However there are some people who only play one race and are vested in that race. So to not include a race is to exclude that player. It has more to do with inclusivity than anything else.

There are people in this game who play and like nothing but Asura or nothing but Norn. Shrugs.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

It is silly. However there are some people who only play one race and are vested in that race. So to not include a race is to exclude that player. It has more to do with inclusivity than anything else.

There are people in this game who play and like nothing but Asura or nothing but Norn. Shrugs.

I need the names of those who play only asura, for a . . . yes, a science project. I’m testing this improvement on the Superior Trebuchet and need . . . assistants.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Paulytnz.7619

I need the names of those who play only asura, for a . . . yes, a science project. I’m testing this improvement on the Superior Trebuchet and need . . . assistants.

Never throw a dwarf…umm errr I mean an asura!

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You have my solemn promise I will not throw an asura or a dwarf.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Your enemies would cower, sending you a surrender message that says “Please, anything! Just don’t send us another one!”

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Do not attempt to deceive – you need ammunition!

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Tyrian political correctness

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Greetings, citizen. Can you spare a moment to talk about Canach?
He would be a good sylvari to join the group.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

Paulytnz.7619

While you promise this I do note you not once, ever say that the Treb wont do the throwing. :P

Paulytnz.7619

Actually coming to think of it maybe I was the one person who guessed correctly when I said Scarlett was due to marry Trahearne so that they can have kids to annoy us as much as they do for many, many, many years to come.

I hope not!

Tobias Trueflight.8350

While you promise this I do note you not once, ever say that the Treb wont do the throwing. :P

Do not attempt to deceive – you need ammunition!

I do, I do, and they will help me develop that ammunition so it will do the most maximum damage.

Here, would you kindly hold this and stand two feet to the left to be out of the way?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Nor is there any promise there not to throw an Asura and a Dwarf.

As to that interview, I am feeling a frisson of my original excitement for this game. Don’t get me wrong, I love it dearly and play it nearly daily and any other game will have to work very hard at being so perfect for my playstyle, but that breathless anticipation I had when the beta weekends were coming, when launch was just around the corner, when the Mad King flung his pumpkins over the land … that’s been missing.

Now it just might be rekindling.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Nor is there any promise there not to throw an Asura and a Dwarf.

Yes, but I don’t have any dwarves. Nobody ever did find Kilroy Stonekin though . . .

. . . hmmm.

As to that interview, I am feeling a frisson of my original excitement for this game. Don’t get me wrong, I love it dearly and play it nearly daily and any other game will have to work very hard at being so perfect for my playstyle, but that breathless anticipation I had when the beta weekends were coming, when launch was just around the corner, when the Mad King flung his pumpkins over the land … that’s been missing.

Now it just might be rekindling.

It comes and goes with me. I have a relatively busy life these days with various other things and when it gets busy gaming is usually the first thing to get dropped with the exception of Minecraft. But only because it helps me get to sleep.

What got me more interested was participating in the CDI Horizontal Progression thread. Because there’s a lot of players out there who have strong ideas, useful insight, and were laying them out there.

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

I’d be quite surprised if they allied with her or even considered it after that fact that she murdered a whole district of innocent people in divinity’s reach.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

“There are enraptured super-fans fervently guessing at what’s to come, mind you, and apparently one person in every 10,000-20,000 has guessed correctly. “And we haven’t told them this!” Johanson cackled. “Most of the rest of our fans are all saying, ’You’re crazy! There’s no way that’s what it is – that’s way too cool.”

That quote mostly makes me think the writers and I have very different triggers for using the word “cool”.

But I’ll put up this simple test and we’ll see how it goes – “Is the climax of this season important enough that my character actually speaks. Or do we merely stand mute once again…?”

Place your bets.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

“There are enraptured super-fans fervently guessing at what’s to come, mind you, and apparently one person in every 10,000-20,000 has guessed correctly. “And we haven’t told them this!” Johanson cackled. “Most of the rest of our fans are all saying, ’You’re crazy! There’s no way that’s what it is – that’s way too cool.”

That quote mostly makes me think the writers and I have very different triggers for using the word “cool”.

But I’ll put up this simple test and we’ll see how it goes – “Is the climax of this season important enough that my character actually speaks. Or do we merely stand mute once again…?”

Place your bets.

We already know they’re not going to give our characters voiced dialogue for the Living Story. That’s been one of my criticisms of the LS, it just doesn’t match the quality found in the game at release. For various reasons (money and time, in the case of voice acting), the developers can never hope to match that high standard they set for themselves. And if they’re not matching it, they (and us) are just settling. I don’t want to settle.

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Scarlet is clearly the mega-karka paving the way for karka world domination.

Paulytnz.7619

Karka, pffft – Skritt baby, make the skritt take over the world!

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Karka, pffft – Skritt baby, make the skritt take over the world!

They already have. Little known fact, the asura are mutated skritt.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

I knew it, we find out that Scarlet is Trahearne in drag.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: JBDanger.2603

JBDanger.2603

Im telling you, she’s Caithe’s Doppleganger lol

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Actually coming to think of it maybe I was the one person who guessed correctly when I said Scarlett was due to marry Trahearne so that they can have kids to annoy us as much as they do for many, many, many years to come.

I hope not!

Fear not. Sylvari cannot reproduce.
Maybe they wont need to get kids, no one knows how old sylvari can get or if they even really age. Trahearne could be around for a long long long long long time still. (Unlike most I don’t hate Trahearne, I actually sorta like him.)

I doubt anyone (Trahearne or Rox and Braham or anyone else on our side) will ally with Scarlet… Scarlet wont suddenly be reformed and rehabilitated and become a good citizen. I hope we get to kill her, end her schemes and make her never come back. At least not untill undead sylvari happens.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

‘Risen Scarlet’ ftw…

Paulytnz.7619

I hope not!

Fear not. Sylvari cannot reproduce.
Maybe they wont need to get kids, no one knows how old sylvari can get or if they even really age. Trahearne could be around for a long long long long long time still. (Unlike most I don’t hate Trahearne, I actually sorta like him.)

I doubt anyone (Trahearne or Rox and Braham or anyone else on our side) will ally with Scarlet… Scarlet wont suddenly be reformed and rehabilitated and become a good citizen. I hope we get to kill her, end her schemes and make her never come back. At least not untill undead sylvari happens.

Oh yeah my bad I forgot they can’t reproduce in the traditional sense (poor folk). As for Trahearne I didn’t mind him either until about my 3rd alt (done all 8 classes right through personal story now). Do 3+ chars and he gets on your nerves lol. But then again I guess it’s just basic NPC ai that’s more annoying than anything. Walk 2 steps forward run 1 back wth is up with that anyways!?

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

It’s either:

1. Aliens
2. Ascended humans with ultra super powers that we have to fight
3. Zhaitan revives
4. The world is hollow
5. We get capes