This Sale is Blasphemy...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Schatzy.8036

Schatzy.8036

I bought this game last month for $60, regular edition, and now Deluxe Edition is $45?

I think this is kind of a middle finger to all of us who bought the game for full price. Not only did we pay $60 for no perks, but now there are people buying this game for $45 and getting a handful of perks for less than us buying a no-perk, more expensive copy. Come on now, Arenanet.

Yes, I know it’s a temporary sale, but that doesn’t justify it.

What do you guys think?

Posted by: Rannulf.9417

Rannulf.9417

Buy another copy?

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

Blasphemy? Someone thinks a little highly of themselves…

Posted by: nawrasz.6219

nawrasz.6219

Do you buy a car and then go back and complain when that car dealer has a sale demanding the money difference back?

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I think you are using that word way way wrong.

I also think sales happen. Especially around the holidays. If there is something you want and absolutely have to have the best deal, wait until black Friday, cyber Monday, or a few days before Christmas.

This is one of the absolute truths of the universe.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

There will always be complainers.

Posted by: tomlin.8204

tomlin.8204

I think that is quite a bizarre attitude.

“meta” this, “meta” that. Please stop saying the word “meta”.

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

This happens all the time, if you are easily insulted like this, get out of video games and fast.

Posted by: Alloy.2839

Alloy.2839

Holiday sale = Blasphemy? Does not compute.

Posted by: DeathMetal.8264

DeathMetal.8264

Sale = discount. Can happen to games, TV, cars, ref, aircon, books, subscription, toys, etc. etc. etc…..

Lv80 Thief |Mesmer |Necromancer|Ranger|Guardian|Warrior|Elementalist|Engineer
[Aeon of Wonder]
Maguuma Server

Posted by: Mechanix.5719

Mechanix.5719

Schatzy: Sir I demand an apology and my money back this is Blasphemy
Shopkeeper: Eeer sorry sir what can i help you with?
Schatzy: I bought these pair of shoes 3months ago! okay 3 months ago and now when i return to your shop your selling the exact same shoes for £20 cheaper HOW DARE YOU, you might aswell flip me off while your at it.
Shopkeeper: Well im sorry sir but were having a sale since its near the holidays we want to encourage people to buy our product by lowering the price its basic economics sir.
Schatzy: Dont you give me that " its basic economics sir." Bs i demand you reinstate my money back for the shoes and you change the price back to its original cost NOW!.

Thats how i imagine you would react to that situation

and the moral of the story is: that’s basic economics!

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

Consider it an “early adopter” tax. :-)

Seriously, I don’t really see the problem.

Posted by: Governor Toothpaste.1582

Governor Toothpaste.1582

I have a couple questions:

What world are you living in that you don’t think this kind of stuff happens?

How could someone who complains about this even have $60 in the first place?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I bought a game on Steam for 60 dollars and it went on sale during summer 50% off.

It happens. Things always go on sale eventually after it’s release. No ones going to credit you the difference.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Ansimika.7162

Ansimika.7162

Schatzy: Sir I demand an apology and my money back this is Blasphemy
Shopkeeper: Eeer sorry sir what can i help you with?
Schatzy: I bought these pair of shoes 3months ago! okay 3 months ago and now when i return to your shop your selling the exact same shoes for £20 cheaper HOW DARE YOU, you might aswell flip me off while your at it.
Shopkeeper: Well im sorry sir but were having a sale since its near the holidays we want to encourage people to buy our product by lowering the price its basic economics sir.
Schatzy: Dont you give me that " its basic economics sir." Bs i demand you reinstate my money back for the shoes and you change the price back to its original cost NOW!.

Thats how i imagine you would react to that situation

and the moral of the story is: that’s basic economics!

Well, about that…I’ve worked in retail for several years, and I’ve run into that exact same situation all the time. People come back, asking to get the lower price on items they purchased weeks or (occasionally) months ago. They will kitten, moan, yell, and do whatever they legally can to get what they want. If you refuse them, they’ll ask to return the item just so they can purchase it again at the new price. It’s insane, but then I guess people tend to be batkitten.

Posted by: Rustypipes.6238

Rustypipes.6238

Blasphemy, I don’t think you know what this word means.

As stated, it’s a sale, things go on sale, it happens.

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I bought this game last month for $60, regular edition, and now Deluxe Edition is $45?

I think this is kind of a middle finger to all of us who bought the game for full price. Not only did we pay $60 for no perks, but now there are people buying this game for $45 and getting a handful of perks for less than us buying a no-perk, more expensive copy. Come on now, Arenanet.

What do you guys think?

You have a 3 month window for returns. Just return the game and buy a new one for $45. You’re welcome.

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

If you’re that price conscious, perhaps in the future you should pay attention to what time of year retail sales occur most frequently.

Around the Holidays, you are often able to find good deals. Some items pre-Christmas, others after. If price factors the most in your decision making, you (in hindsight) should have waited a month to purchase the game. You never know when or if something will go on sale, but if you educate yourself properly you can make informed decisions and limit how often you’re ‘burned’ by something going on sale soon after you purchased it at full price.

Or.

You could rake your neighbor’s lawn or something and just buy what you want, when you want, and not complain about getting ‘middle fingers’ because you happened to buy at the wrong time.

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

You have nothing to complain about, some of us payed $80 for the digital deluxe edition which arguably has nothing worth of any value. I can’t complain about the price dropping because I have played the game far earlier than those who had just joined.

Furthermore people complaining about you cant get a price drop on an item that went on sale a few months later clearly have not tried it at their local store. I have got games discounted from Best Buy from sales literally two months apart.

Posted by: bluewanders.5297

bluewanders.5297

You really wanna know what I think?

I think you should take your milk back to the store in a couple days when they have a sale and kitten about how it’s blasphemy and a slap to the face for everyone who spent full price on a gallon when you did…

Really… this was an eye-rollingly dumb issue to complain about.

Posted by: Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Nels the Cornwhisperer.8025

Heh, some people bought the game for $60, and then the upgrade to digital deluxe for another $60 early on….

Cry about it.

How far that little candle throws its beams!
So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
- William Shakespear

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

If this is blasphemy then i think i missed the day of confirmation class when you were mentioned…..

I have no problem with it .

Posted by: UnicornViolet.3081

UnicornViolet.3081

It’s not as bad as paying $150.00 for CE of SW:ToR, and subscribing for 3 months, only to have the game given away for free, and having F2P players get treated better than you because they spent $4.00 at the cartel. If you play any game long enough, this is bound to happen. I remember paying $60 for Diablo 3, and my friend buying it at Toys R Us for $10 a few months later. lol!

Posted by: Naoko.7096

Naoko.7096

What do you guys think?

It still justify the price.
Would you buy the game for $60 and play 5 months earlier?
Or would you buy the game for $15 less and play 5 months later?
Think in this perspective.

Posted by: Mechanix.5719

Mechanix.5719

It’s not as bad as paying $150.00 for CE of SW:ToR, and subscribing for 3 months, only to have the game given away for free, and having F2P players get treated better than you because they spent $4.00 at the cartel. If you play any game long enough, this is bound to happen. I remember paying $60 for Diablo 3, and my friend buying it at Toys R Us for $10 a few months later. lol!

the fault is with those 2 horrible games =) you should have never bought Tortanic

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

I wish there was more to the collectors edition… no in game items or titles or anything fun (Soundtrack “Sampler” lol, book was kind of meh, digital items are all in the same in the deluxe lol).

Oh, well… that Rytlock figure has grown on me a bit though

Sales come and go on things… At least they haven’t pulled a ToR-tanic lol.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I wish there was more to the collectors edition… no in game items or titles or anything fun (Soundtrack “Sampler” lol, book was kind of meh, digital items are all in the same in the deluxe lol).

The Rytlock statue is really nice. Im also really fond of the art prints and frame. You wouldn’t think some printed concept art would be that great, but it looks amazing.

I also liked the book and ended up taking it to a launch event to get signed by some designers and content guys.

In game stuff was the same as the DDE and pretty meh I think. If the CE were to go on sale I would probably buy another one just to keep boxed up. But there don’t seem to be many out there in the wild still, so I don’t see the price going down, for an unopened one, before it goes up.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: UnicornViolet.3081

UnicornViolet.3081

What do you guys think?

It still justify the price.
Would you buy the game for $60 and play 5 months earlier?
Or would you buy the game for $15 less and play 5 months later?
Think in this perspective.

lol, I bought it at wal-mart like 4 days ago, and when I got home and saw regular purchases were getting deluxe edition I got excited, but apparently it doesnt apply to physical copies. Im not really mad though, deluxe edition doesnt really seem to have anything other than a few cosmetics.

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

The Rytlock statue is really nice. Im also really fond of the art prints and frame. You wouldn’t think some printed concept art would be that great, but it looks amazing.

I also liked the book and ended up taking it to a launch event to get signed by some designers and content guys.

In game stuff was the same as the DDE and pretty meh I think. If the CE were to go on sale I would probably buy another one just to keep boxed up. But there don’t seem to be many out there in the wild still, so I don’t see the price going down, for an unopened one, before it goes up.

Ya, I liked the art prints too

The book was alright, I am more of a fan of the art though and had hoped it had a few more isolated art pages in it lol (getting the “art book” eventually lol).

That’s cool that you got it signed though (I wish I could get mine signed… I even live like five minutes away from their studio lol; yay for being close to the servers I guess? I think the servers are supposed to be in Seattle or something lol)

Posted by: bigtankstarsp.3581

bigtankstarsp.3581

I guess I picked the right time to decide to play gw2 i paid 45$ yesterday

[JL] Tstar D Engineer
[JL] Oakland Raider
B L A C K G AT E

Posted by: djlowballer.7460

djlowballer.7460

Its 15 dollars. Who cares when the game will be played over years.

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

How upset are you going to be when it goes fully free to play in a few months then?
I mean $0 to download and play. That isnt far off maybe Feb how are you going to take it then?

Posted by: Nayru.3947

Nayru.3947

You should’ve expected the white knight brigade, OP.

Anyway, you are using the word blasphemy correctly, and you have every reason to be annoyed.

Posted by: NightyNight.1823

NightyNight.1823

60$ is nothing.You should be thankful theres no montly subscription. Give them a break.Let them market the game how ever they like.They deserve more than they get and could take from us.

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

You paid a higher price to play the game earlier then people who buy the game now.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Posted by: Desmond.5396

Desmond.5396

A sale around Christmas time? BLASPHEMY!!!!!

… of course not.

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Headline: Under-achieving game needs to spur sale. Story at 11.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Please refrain from making threads just for the sake of complaining. Those threads don’t add any constructive discussion to the forums nor help the community.

Thanks for your understanding. This thread is closed