This anti spam join is dumb

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

This is just dumb, first u want us to play with random pug, now you take away our ability to spam join so we can play with the people we wants to espically when it comes to doin teq and wurm.

Posted by: MotherKitten.6795

MotherKitten.6795

What is spam join?

The Goderators have ruined this forum for me.

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

If you join too many groups, you’ll get a “You have joined too many groups recently” message and be prevented from joining any more groups for an hour or so.

Posted by: DarkOcean.8746

DarkOcean.8746

Why would that even exist? That sounds extremely discouraging, especially if it’s an hour long block (or close to it).

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I think that players can manage this problem themselves in game. It’s not an insurmountable problem.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Welcome to the nanny state simulation.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Can anyone actually confirm it’s an hour or even close to it? Odds are its 5min.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

No clue how long it lasts. I believe relogging or even changing maps gets rid of it. I’ve gotten it before when LFG was bugging out and simply relogged to continue my merry way.

But why would it matter for Teq and Wurm? I’ve only ever encountered this issue when using the LFG tool. LFG Tool really isn’t the best thing for those two bosses. I’ve joined and left multiple parties for guild missions / wurm ferrying, and never encountered this issue.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

I hadnt even heard of that. Why would that exist?

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Considering the number of groups you have to join and leave in order for this pop into active mode is usually quite high (unless you encounter a bug, which I never have), perhaps it’s justified.

This exists solely to reduce the greifing of joining, leaving, joining, leaving, repeatedly. And not necessarily joining a different group each time. There are some people that will repeatedly join, and leave the same group, impeding their ability to get people that actually want to play through a dungeon. That’s why this exists.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If there are 4 players in a party and they have a lfg up, a fifth person can join in. In this case, it will automatically remove the lfg in the lfg finder.

After that, the fifth person can join in the run or grief by leaving the party. The party will then have to put up another lfg and then the fifth person can join in automatically again to remove the lfg.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant