This game IS dying

This game IS dying

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lionaeron.5724

Lionaeron.5724

I just did the Grenth Event in cursed shore for the first time tonight. It was a lot more fun than I can remember having in any treadmill subscription MMO. The big events are out there. People are not doing them because they are not rewarding, but when the developer puts in a new dungeon with rewards, people complain about grind…

le sigh

As to the game dying, HoD, where I did the event tonight, has been “dead” for over a month. There was even a thread about it not too long ago. Seems like there are plenty of people around, though.

You’re playing it wrong.

Zerg>Skill.

This game IS dying

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

Lol what, a lot of people say here that he’s burning himself out, but then they’re the same people who whined about no end game which resulted in the current gear treadmill that is Ascended. Also, there’s no way you can play something wrong, that makes no sense, that’s like when people said you’re holding the iPhone wrong. Devs themselves said this game is about how you want to play, that’s why there’s no holy trinity.

I think more of what the op is getting at is that there are still major bugs in the game. Instead of having bug fixes in AC, THE FIRST DUNGEON IN THE GAME, we get more events and content that no one really asked for so early in the game’s history.

This game IS dying

Lionaeron.5724

Seriously, grow up.

Grow down.

Zerg>Skill.

This game IS dying

Posted by: Regizer.1763

Regizer.1763

I think more of what the op is getting at is that there are still major bugs in the game. Instead of having bug fixes in AC, THE FIRST DUNGEON IN THE GAME, we get more events and content that no one really asked for so early in the game’s history.

With title like “This game IS dying”, I’m sure that’s exactly what he was trying to do.

This game IS dying

Lionaeron.5724

Lol what, a lot of people say here that he’s burning himself out, but then they’re the same people who whined about no end game which resulted in the current gear treadmill that is Ascended. Also, there’s no way you can play something wrong, that makes no sense, that’s like when people said you’re holding the iPhone wrong. Devs themselves said this game is about how you want to play, that’s why there’s no holy trinity.

You sir have the wisest statement in this entire thread, probably the entire forum, no sarcasm, i too bug reported that dungeon since the second beta weekend onwards
and it still has that path 2 game breaking bug still.

Zerg>Skill.

This game IS dying

Posted by: nachodragon.8159

nachodragon.8159

I just did the Grenth Event in cursed shore for the first time tonight. It was a lot more fun than I can remember having in any treadmill subscription MMO. The big events are out there. People are not doing them because they are not rewarding, but when the developer puts in a new dungeon with rewards, people complain about grind…

le sigh

As to the game dying, HoD, where I did the event tonight, has been “dead” for over a month. There was even a thread about it not too long ago. Seems like there are plenty of people around, though.

I will agree with you about some Events being out in the world. But, as you said they are not rewarding enough and the FotM being the best place to make money and also get best gear. Well, that is just stupid. I have done some of the events in Orr but there are really not enough people anymore to do them, hence all the posts (here and reddit and other places) about trying to rally people to complete them.

If the events in ANY area of the game gave me as much gold/karma/xp as the level 80 areas I wouldn’t mind roaming the game. That could be fun. But getting a couple measly copper is not worth it, nor is the 2 karma or whatever paltry amount you get at low levels.

This game IS dying

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

Arguments leat to arguments, and sometimes it’s just not worth it (as seen above). That said…

This game is really NEW, and still evolving-our map will in time grow, and they will most probably add the crystal desert and many other areas hinted on our maps from GW1 and probably beyond. There’s enough new possible content to fill this game for more than seven years, in all probablility (all other areas, possibly Elona in a struggle vs Palawa Joko, Cantha-we need to get more Tengu in game-, revisiting the Realm of Torment, etc.)

Not everybody is me, but one of the things I personally do is trying to enjoy my character to the fullest, as well as the little details, the music, sound effects, bad jokes, lore references, just trying to immese myself in the universe. Also, I play constantly with different builds, trying to have fun in different ways with the same character rather than just plpaying the same way all the time. In addition, I have YET to have a second character leveld to 80, as most of my 1,000+ hours have been devoted to my Guardian (about 80% of those hours). So I have other 5 characters to develop. And finally, I love helping random strangers and forming new friendships in-game. This game, though mostly “soloable” to an extent (thankfully, as not everything should be soloable IMHO), is way more fun played with two or more players-even on the easier maps, but especially on the harder, more annoying areas (Orr, Southsun Cove, etc.) The sum of all those parts make it virtually impossible for THIS player in particular to find “nothing to do” in the game, so I can’t personally complain about a stale, “dying” game universe on GW2.

I must add, fun is its own reward. I don’t need to chase after carrots if I am having fun without ‘em. Also, I don’t need special rewards for every little thing I do when I am enjoying the process. IME, there’s enough content for (subjetively) balanced play, and it can only grow with time. When I am having fun, I don’t care about grinds because I am playing for fun’s sake, not JUST to max out titles, gear, etc. (I don’t even care that much about a Legendary, to be honest with you-I’ll let it happen in time, ankittenaking short, daily steps in a slow but deliberate manner.)

(edited by Star Ace.5207)

This game IS dying

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

No OP this game its thriving with its awesome PvE and PvP polished content, blows its competition out of the water.

This game IS dying

Posted by: ProphetSword.5427

ProphetSword.5427

You did call me one but you realized how dumb you sounded, but the fact i leveled 3 to 80 is because i like diversity in play style and enjoyed leveling different classes, that is hardly rushing to end game. As everyone knows anyway the end game is limited and you think its a rush to 80. Why are people telling me i rushed to 80? i leveled through questing on all 3 which is certainly possible in a month and over of casual playing tbh.

I seriously doubt that you can call yourself “casual” if you made it to 80 three times and gained full exotic gear in a month. I play casually 10-15 hours a week and I haven’t come close to that.

That’s okay, though. If you’re not casual, you must be a hardcore player. To each their own. My original point still stands. I think you’re burned out and you should probably do something else for a while and come back when you feel you’re ready to tackle the game again.

That being said, let’s all try to be nice to each other.

This game IS dying

Posted by: sazaw.1347

sazaw.1347

Any game will become stale a some point. But that doesn’t mean It’s dying. One person keep saying “Game is dying” because of bla bla bla yada yada is not fair for the game. Only time can decide it’s dying or not. Let’s keep on watch.

As for myself, I play mainly wvw. And my key to enjoying the game is “FRIENDS” aka with my “GUILD” (the game is named GW2 after all). Unlike pve content, WvW don’t have much update and events, still I skip all those pve one time events and fight with my friends for my sever. I don’t have full exotic gear (some are even green). But I still have a lot of fun experience with my friends, my guild and my server mate. And when I have bad day at work, killing in WvW feels really good.
But OP say the game is dying?
Oh no! But I still have a lot to do.
I don’t have full exotic yet let alone ascended and legendary.
I haven’t experience all the dungeons yet.
I only have played 2 class, what about other 6 class?
the dragons? i haven’t kill one yet O.o
I wonder if I can make it.

Wrath T – Asura Necro | Don Hohenheim – Norn Guard | Bellcroxx – Human Mesmer
[DKJ] – Jade Quarry

(edited by sazaw.1347)

This game IS dying

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Everyone and everything is dying.

Your burnout on the game has no bearing on this.

This game IS dying

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

You all sound the same, fanboys. Ok well first of all i played this game “waaay” too much when i was having a blast leveling and all that jazz you know before i was forced into end game? Well now this is where my problem is because there is no real end game just grind and more grind oh and some pvp.

Really? Who foced you exactly?

You say you had a blast leveling, then roll another alt. If that doesn’t float your boat then leave.

There’s a truck load of things I hate about this game but I’m still having fun in WvW, and they day I ceases to have fun is the day I uninstall and go the the next game or fire up an old one I still enjoy. Plenty of fish in the gaming seas. :P

This game IS dying

Lionaeron.5724

You all sound the same, fanboys. Ok well first of all i played this game “waaay” too much when i was having a blast leveling and all that jazz you know before i was forced into end game? Well now this is where my problem is because there is no real end game just grind and more grind oh and some pvp.

Arenanet foced me by lying in their manifesto

Zerg>Skill.

This game IS dying

Posted by: StormageddonBK.9842

StormageddonBK.9842

Arenanet foced me by lying in their manifesto

Our definition of forced is somewhat different…

This game IS dying

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Hi all,

First i want to say i have played for over a solid month and have 3 lvl 80’s in exotics and the game has really became stale now. I have played the new Fractals got up-to level 6, even tho i really am not interested in it at all along with the new grindy gear, which seems such a pointless update.

I have to admit Anet really failed on this part, why did you have to be try hard and go on the gear grind wagon? Why not fix your already broken game like bugs and poor performance instead.

I find myself just doing dungeons for tokens to transmute my gear for aesthetics and now it just seems pointless because im just standing around in LA doing nothing looking at chat “LFG Fractals lvl ~” I mean the only thing im looking forward to is Wintersday and judging from the other “epic” events maybe its not really something ill regret missing.

Yes ive done WvW and SPvP and they are not all great and get very boring fast (for me). Even i was a pvp junkie in WoW ive seemed to lean for PvE in this game. Yes this is my opinion so don’t flame me this is just how i am feeling, lost any motivation to do much in this game. Grinding for legendary seems pointless and just pure e-peen and looking at the state of prices for anything, its become a ridiculous grind (guess that’s what keeps some people playing?) not for me i guess.

So basically, the game isnt fun for you.

Not fun for you = Dying.

Ye?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

This game IS dying

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

I AM dying too. However, I am only 32 and I hope that my dying process will last another 60 years. Everything that is alive is in the process of dying you know.

Just because there are less people then the day the came out, or you don’t enjoy the game doesn’t mean it will be dead tomorrow.

Spiraling and spiraling, something about a hawk, slouching to Bethlehem to be born, was that William Blake?

Eh, whatever. Yeah. Entropy.

OP, this is typical MMO life cycle, at least for the past 6-7 years. WoW is the strange aberration and not sure about the cycles of the MMOs before it, but look to Rift for hope, it is still doing just fine and I can almost guarantee it settled out with a much smaller playerbase than Guild Wars 2 has right now.

Edit: Okay, fine, it was Yeats, and it was a falcon, not a hawk. Sue me.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

This game IS dying

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

As mentioned in one of my post above. My thread in full response with links to support
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/A-difference-between-a-MMOs-and-console-games/first#post976835

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

This game IS dying

Posted by: Khemizt.5104

Khemizt.5104

“First i want to say i have played for over a solid month and have 3 lvl 80’s in exotics "

In the first sentence you were correctly able to point out the problem, Anet can’t seem to figure it out, they took the “end” out of “endgame”.

This game IS dying

Posted by: Metalripper.5406

Metalripper.5406

Rift is a much different game than GW2, It’s not really a good comparison.

Has GW2 lost a chunk of players? Yes, but it’s expected as the game comes out of it’s launch. So much for GW2 being “different”.

GW2 will be okay though, there will be enough casuals and lite gamers to sustain and fill the servers, as well as the super diehard Anet fanboys, but apart from those groups, I really don’t see anyone else calling GW2 “home”.

The problem of the low level zones being completely empty presents it’s own challenges, and I’m sure ANet will figure out how to deal with it.

This game IS dying

Posted by: FaRectification.5678

FaRectification.5678

Has GW2 lost a chunk of players? Yes, but it’s expected as the game comes out of it’s launch. So much for GW2 being “different”.

GW2 will be okay though, there will be enough casuals and lite gamers to sustain and fill the servers, as well as the super diehard Anet fanboys, but apart from those groups, I really don’t see anyone else calling GW2 “home”.

The problem of the low level zones being completely empty presents it’s own challenges, and I’m sure ANet will figure out how to deal with it.

Just ignore these types of posters, they just exist to stir up trouble. Why don’t you give some basis to back up your claims?

I am a casual, and I’ve never really gotten into anything like this before, but this is really fun so I’d appreciate it if you’d start looking at things in the world more objectively.

Purist, Idealist, and Theorist.

This game IS dying

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

Just ignore these types of posters, they just exist to stir up trouble. Why don’t you give some basis to back up your claims?

I am a casual, and I’ve never really gotten into anything like this before, but this is really fun so I’d appreciate it if you’d start looking at things in the world more objectively.

Pretty sure you fit into one of the groups he just listed.

Just sayin’

This game IS dying

Posted by: Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

Chaster Sharpshooter.3640

You’re playing it wrong OP and let the flaming commence

BTW how the hell am i playing it “wrong”? im playing it how i play any other game, to have fun and enjoy myself. Would you like to enlighten me how to play it right almighty one?

It’s as prophetsword said, you are burned out, quit the game until you actually want to log in to play. And if you never want to log in again then good on you, you are no longer wasting time on something you don’t find fun.

Hmm burned out from an MMO in a month, that’s a new one. The end game is where this game gets stale and they tried to “fix” it by bringing in new gear hence more grind right? I knew a good few people who quit just because of this simple factor who played the original guild wars with me.

Ah, since you brought up GW1, I had to ask you this simple question

Ask any veteran GW1 players and they can tell you that you can get to max level in a day, without really putting serious time and efforts in it. And most simple greens would probably take about 3-5day grind and you are most likely to get one

Now, what was it that kept you playing GW1? Since you pretty just got to the end game.

And how about those who spend 7 years sitting in Presearing and didn’t bother to leave? Don’t tell me it was because of LDoA, as that was introduced waaaayyyyy back after GWEN was out.

I, myself have spend over 9000hours in GW1, and still plays it alongside with GW2, are you saying that I’m crazy? You see, unless you can see through that layer of getting to max level, got decent gear = end game? Boy, don’t call yourself someone who loves MMO, because you don’t even understand MMO. You are just a hypocrite.

“To learn is what I need, to teach those who needs to learn is my duty …”
Chaster the Scarred – Leader of [SoS] Guilds
Server: Kaineng | Recruitment Status: Open

This game IS dying

Posted by: Fook.3914

Fook.3914

the game is not dying only people is dying.

This game IS dying

Posted by: skotie.2614

skotie.2614

The only right way to play a game is the way in which your having fun. As soon as your not having fun it’s no longer a game, just a waste of time. At which point its best to move on to other things.

This game IS dying

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Wow….smh the number of people replying to the OP that think this game is perfectly fine is amazing…you know who those are don’t you OP. They are the people who stick with games for 2 months 3 months max and move on to something else shiny. They are the hardcore types who love to run solely dungeons and raids who want the highest gear and give everyone a rash of stuff just because they don’t have a gearscore, dps meter, or know every nook and cranny of every dungeon run the game has out at the time.

But that’s okay because I’m not one of those people, I know there’s something big time wrong with this game and the few sheep that are running around these forums trying to troll everyone’s thread to make it look like everything’s okay for the newcomers aren’t going to convince the newcomers when they actually get into the game and see what’s actually wrong with it. The truth I guess has to be experienced in order for people to see it.

The FotM focus, the loot toilet, the endless grind for legendaries, the herding to the store for gold, the lack of pve open world metas we were promised would appear just after launch, none of that will convince people that you and I are right until they get in there and see just how bad it is for themselves.

There’s alot to fix in this game I do hope they hired a ton of new people to get it all done. smh

It must be really windy on that high horse of yours.

no just a disgruntled fan and a disappointed customer, this game was good at launch they’ve turned into something they promised us it would never be.

And you have to understand I was one of their biggest fans, called fanboi every time i posted something i learned from their plans about this game pre-launch.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

This game IS dying

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

The only right way to play a game is the way in which your having fun. As soon as your not having fun it’s no longer a game, just a waste of time. At which point its best to move on to other things.

I just wanna throw this out there – not everyone complaining on the forums is still playing. I’m certainly not, I still voice my opinion here though and await a decent update to fix the major issues with the game to make it better.

I don’t think many here understand just how disappointing ANet has been to a lot of longtime GW fans. I don’t want to see this game fail or not be fun. I want it to change, very badly. I’ve been a GW player for the last 7 years.. you don’t just up and walk away from something you’ve loved for that long.

That’s 7 years GW has been in my life. That’s a pretty big deal if you ask me, no? Sitting down almost every week playing with friends & guild mates only to find them all quit GW2 at once because it has zero diversity is largely disheartening.

Only time will tell what happens to the game, but my bet is on ANet sticking to their new demographic unfortunately.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

This game IS dying

FaRectification.5678

This game IS dying

Posted by: Rain.6290

Rain.6290

I wouldn’t say this game IS dying. I’m beginning to grow bored with it too. Sometimes a take a few days off and come back with a fresh feel. What I don’t understand is how you play a game wrong. The right way to play a game is the way that you enjoy it the most. Everyone has a different play style. Also GW2 is a new MMORPG. I expect to see a lot of new content and expansions later on in the life of the game. As well as bug fixes with age. If you start a MMO a year or 2 after it has been out there have probably already been a few expansions released and a most of the bugs have been fixed since its original launch. I have already noticed a lot a fixed bugs in this game. If you’re burnt out take some time off and play some other games. One thing I think this game is missing is group strategy in PVE and the right difficulty to make it fun always being frustrated. Except for instances everyone in the game can attack a single target and it ends up in just button pushing for a lot of the events. I think that is one of the reasons I feel this game is over simplistic, and doesn’t have any personal “feel good” rewards for skill. Make people work together more, I solo’d all of my stories and levels to level 80. I have done map completion and almost every dungeon and a lot of the world events in the game multiple times (which sometimes i feel unrewarded because of Diminishing returns). So yes I’m a bit burnt out. Sometimes I just log in for my daily and leave. But I don’t see this game dying anytime soon and I am excited to know that this game is just started and there’s going to be a whole lot of new content to keep me interested or reinterest me in the future. PLEASE SOME FAN BOY FLAME ME!

This game IS dying

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

When you use the word casuals I don’t think you know what that word means.

Casuals are the gatherers, crafters, explorers, open-world only players, pve-only players, RPers.

They are not pvpers, WvWers, dungeoneers.

By cutting off the economy from the casuals they are essentially cutting of anyone who would be interested in the cosmetic items in the store. They are essentially biting the hands that feed them, it might not happen as immediately as it has to some of us, but it will eventually get to the stage where even the most casual of players will become VERY tired of the herding to the shop for gold thing they’ve started and will leave as well.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

This game IS dying

FaRectification.5678

I think the real point here is, what people are saying is at the moment this game is slightly broken, but what about future balance changes. You gotta factor that in.

Saying that something is fundamentally flawed, and thus forever incorrectable, is a fallacy.

I can tell you this as a fact, because I’ve seen it, and I know what it means to build something correctly from the get-go. I don’t think GW2 is an example of something that’s fundamentally flawed however.

And I’m definitely not some sheep.

Tigirius, you have a very incorrect viewpoint on things, casuals will like something as long as it’s very good, people all want the best things and they will take time to play it and earn things regardless of whether or not they’re casuals. What you’re trying to implement is artificial, and appealing to one-side or another while not looking at the overall balance is very bad.

(edited by FaRectification.5678)

This game IS dying

Posted by: Roargathor.2743

Roargathor.2743

If the game is dying then why are most of the servers “Full” and the remaining 7 are “Very High” on the list?

This game IS dying

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Game got stale for me. Got my legendary, got to fractals 30.. etc..

What I did?

Made my own fun.

Guildies, vent, dungeons, sPvP, messing around in WvW, Exploration achievement points, jump puzzles, cultural armors, another legendary, skin hunting for my other weapon sets, 500 ecto shiny backpeice, alt classes, alt builds etc etc.. There’s still plenty to do, it’s just whether or not it’s going to tickle your fancy.

The way I see it is, now that I have all of the things I feel i need, the focus is now on things I want, I set my own goals and I now look at the game as a pick up and put down thing.. something I can stop playing at any time, and then pick it up again later for an event or if I want to go run a dungeon or two etc.

No one is forcing you to play, enjoy what parts you enjoy, hate the parts you don’t, stop playing if you’re bored, whatever you want to do.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

This game IS dying

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

People rush through a game,like that crazy lifeless french guy who went to 80 in like a day ? Continue to play 24/7 each day and after 2 months complain they have seen and done it all and are bored with the game.“Logic”

This game IS dying

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

First I wrote a bunch of kitten. To the point I dont think that many people would not be bored of gw2 after putting in the number of hours per day that you have. Im bored after two 80s let alone your three fully geared. You and I need to stop playing this game wrong. It is meant to be played once or twice a week at most not for hours every single night. IMO. But I always fail at this the evidence would indicate….

As to the game dying Im guessing many people are going to recieve gw2 as a gift soon. Im thinking the 25th or something like that. Ya I’ve a hunch.

This game IS dying

Posted by: Alipius.4783

Alipius.4783

If the game is dying then why are most of the servers “Full” and the remaining 7 are “Very High” on the list?

Because it is related to the number of people on a server. Playing or not.

The game may not be dying, because there always will be some hard fanboys on it.
But being delusional is not going to change the fact that many, many people are not playing anymore. And that it sounds pretty bad for the game.
Wanna say I’m awfully wrong? Go learn some history of the last “big-games-we-are-waiting-for-years”. Go check Diablo III forums.
Same posts. Same people tired of a broken game that kitten its predecessor, of a team that can’t fix bugs, and understand what was expected. And by the way, almost the same things were wrong.
And still, fanboyz arguing the game was just alright. Yep. It’s not dead. Because there are still some thousands on it. But from millions.

And I didn’t rush the game. My friends didn’t rush the game. Lvl80 and bored.
Once more, it’s about mechanics, not time played.
Beautiful packaging, but empty. Meaningless.

At this point I think I’m gonna go back to gw1, and wait gw3 to come.

There is one good thing about gw2. I play gw1 again.

This game IS dying

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

Some may see this game is dying due to the lower populations in open world. But the reality is that player foocus has moved from open world to fractals for a number of reasons including grinding for infused gear, better drop rates at lower levels than open world, and because their friends are playing fractals.

WvW still has a large population on some servers during peak U.S. times, so much so that you can be waiting in the queue for a while.

Open world is quieter, and even more so in non-US peak times, but only because player focus has moved.

This game IS dying

FaRectification.5678

THANK YOU, finally a rational poster ^.

Everybody knows this, especially those who come from WoW.

This game IS dying

Slither Shade.4782

Diablo III is a total piece of bullkitten and I dont see how it can be held up beside GW2. I tried to be a glass half full guy in d3 but like Im being here but the difference was as soon as trying d3 my first thought was WTK??? what a total piece of dog poo this is!!!!! While first impression of GW2 was “I’m liking this” and still do to this day. But both games messed with the original recipe which is a risk. A totally unnecessary risk. Why do they think they have to reinvent the wheel? Why!!? Just make it even better dont totally remake it. Remember New Coke? Anyway I define dying as Anet shutting the servers off because they are losing money. If its still making money its a success in my books. If you define dying as losing players then ya you are probably right.

This game IS dying

FaRectification.5678

In this case, however it’s not reinventing the wheel, it’s just improving on it and correcting inherent mistakes.

Would you rather have a wooden wheel, then a fully automated tire nowadays?

The treadmill problem isn’t impossible to solve, you’ve got it wrong.

The point is not to reinvent the wheel, but eventually perfect it. Who doesn’t want that? Game companies have always been evolving and innovating new formulas, so what you’re saying makes little sense. The goal is to perfect a certain formula, and I think this is scientific enough.

Once again refer to my formula for solving the treadmill problem via conceptual reverse engineering:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Solving-the-issue-of-vertical-progression/first#post968528

(edited by FaRectification.5678)

This game IS dying

Alipius.4783

it’s just improving on it and correcting inherent mistakes.

To me it’s more like going back.
Gw1 was innovating while Gw2 is copying other games, getting rid of what was the strenght of gw1.

This game IS dying

Slither Shade.4782

I guess a wheel does have a lot in common with a treadmill if I think about it. Nah its their game and if they believed things needed to be changed then who am I to judge. But I do hold up my two examples of New Coke and D3. And I cant really use D3 as an example because its servers are still up so it must be making a profit. Dont take me serious I didnt even play gw1

best regards

This game IS dying

Posted by: Pubstars.3085

Pubstars.3085

My only contribution to this is that all my rl friends and guild have quit (30+ players) due to poor WvW implementation and the aggressive way in which ANet is pushing people to buy things by reducing drop rates/nerfing farming by blaming botters.

Shame really.

This game IS dying

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

i wonder why you ask not to get flamed when making a statement that is just not true, this game isn’t for you, doesn’t mean it’s dieing. Noone is forcing you to play here, if you want to leave, leave, but dear god all the drama, why is it needed? Seems to me you want to be flamed and raged at just to start a pointless discussion. Why don’t you go and look for a game you like instead of wasting your time here.

Oh and on the flaming part. You like wow pvp more because you actually suck and in wow you can grind away your suckiness in pvp, in GW2 you are measured in skill and you fall short. To bad.

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

This game IS dying

Posted by: Moka.9641

Moka.9641

Well if you have lost interest, I suggest you to take a long break and come back later to check out new content. If it still doesn’t interest you, move on! You got your money worth with this game, no?
And remember, no monthly fee!

[AW]- The Holy Engineer

This game IS dying

Alipius.4783

i wonder why you ask not to get flamed when making a statement that is just not true, this game isn’t for you, doesn’t mean it’s dieing. Noone is forcing you to play here, if you want to leave, leave, but dear god all the drama, why is it needed? Seems to me you want to be flamed and raged at just to start a pointless discussion. Why don’t you go and look for a game you like instead of wasting your time here.

Oh and on the flaming part. You like wow pvp more because you actually suck and in wow you can grind away your suckiness in pvp, in GW2 you are measured in skill and you fall short. To bad.

1) This game is not for you : agreed. But we were told it was.
2) […]doesn’t mean it’s diying : yep. But the fact that many people feel the same way and stop playing does.
3) Noone is forcing you to play here, if you want to leave, leave : already done. Months ago.
4) but dear god all the drama, why is it needed? : We were told the game was for us². If Gw itself drops what made the first so nice, who is gonna give us such a nice game? Hope.
5) Why don’t you go and look for a game you like instead of wasting your time here : we don’t like the game the way it is and we want it to change.
6) You like wow pvp more because you actually suck and in wow you can grind away your suckiness in pvp, in GW2 you are measured in skill and you fall short. To bad.
Nop. I like gw1 pvp. Far better.

This game IS dying

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

What is wrong with you people? What is up with these topics “Is the game dying?” Do you not ever check the status of the servers? I just checked them how about 15 full servers and 9 Very high tell you something? It does to me. It tells me this game is alive and doing well.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

This game IS dying

Alipius.4783

What is wrong with you people? What is up with these topics “Is the game dying?” Do you not ever check the status of the servers? I just checked them how about 15 full servers and 9 Very high tell you something? It does to me. It tells me this game is alive and doing well.

And did you check what it really means? I’d say no

This game IS dying

Posted by: vmoped.5024

vmoped.5024

I can’t really say whether the game is “dying” or not since I do not have access to number of concurrent users/logins/etc… and rarely do I care about that stuff if the game is fun. That being said, I login early AM and primetime EST every day to at least do dailies. In the past two weeks on my “FULL” server I have yet to see the temple of radiance in Malchor’s Leap be captured by players so I, and others, can zone complete. I have tried organizing players in the area but cannot get enought to be successfull. Ironically I can get any level FOTM group, but detest repeating small group content ad nauseum (reason I left WoW, Rift, SWOTR, etc…). Besides, running FOTM will not help me zone complete.

My guild consists of me at this point (having gone through 3 now that all dissipate). Regardless of the game’s population it is difficult to progress or achieve things with such low populations (at least from my perspective in the field both PVE and WvW) on a “FULL” server.

So I empathize with the OP due to getting similar feelings from my perspective. It’s a lonely world in Orr with alot of group events that the players base (at least on my server) seems to avoid. I hope that A-net can give players a reason to revisit these zones for those of us that did not already experience the content.

Cheers!

This game IS dying

Posted by: Zeldain.5710

Zeldain.5710

Dying is a weird word of course…

But if you ask, “are there far less people playing today than a month ago or at launch?” The answer is a resounding absolutely.

This game IS dying

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

who would have thought GW2 would become so stale just a couple of months post launch. Just take an alt through the game and that will give a clearer picture of how active the game is, Screw what the servers say.