This game need Keybind for Auto targetting.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

As someone who dribble around PVE/PVP. Some time I want to just pewpew stuff. And then PVP queue pop and Im using multiple class which sometime use leaping skill.

I made bad move many time by Auto targeting.Leaping into AoE instead of getting away.
Becasue there no time to turn it off.

I wish for this feature so many year. But it never come.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Wait, you say you did use auto-targetting, but then state that you miss the feature…

I am confused, what exactly is it that you are asking for? To have a toggle key for activating and deactivating auto-targetting at will?

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Yes, to be able to easily uncheck it when playing a character with leaps etc.

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

I use Auto targeting when I am farming in PVE. Too lasy to do tab targeting all the time.

Posted by: Jojo.8973

Jojo.8973

Tell me about it, I too use a pvp build where I have to do a lot of kiting/ jumping around and its just not viable for my style of play. I’ve had to learn to do it manually, target with tab and switch targets with caps lock, but I would love it if I could toggle autotarget in combat, against ppl with invisibility and such, seconds count in PvP when your as squishy as I am, and in the time it takes me to retarget every time someone uses stealth, I end up losing a chunk of my life.

AHHHHH!!! THEY’VE TAKEN MY LEFT NIPPLE TIT!!!!

Posted by: Vash.2386

Vash.2386

But the option is already there in setttings. Check the key binds page and under targeting it is the last option.

I use it frequently to switch between auto targeting and not during battle without having to open the settings panel.

Never leave a wrong to ripen into evil or sorrow. (Ventari’s Tablet V)

(edited by Vash.2386)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

This may be helpful: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lock_Auto_Target

Good luck.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Vash is correct. The option the OP is asking for already exists in game.

Posted by: Rankomonaut.4708

Rankomonaut.4708

Bound “closest target” with “C”

GW1 players will remember (;

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

The two targeting toggles for ‘Snap Ground Targets’ and Autotargeting are really a boon to have.
If you use them all the time it becomes a little difficult to track their state, though. Wish we had a visual indicator. But that’d be a QoL request, so knowing AN I won’t even bother asking. ^^

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.

Posted by: Vash.2386

Vash.2386

If you use them all the time it becomes a little difficult to track their state, though. Wish we had a visual indicator. But that’d be a QoL request, so knowing AN I won’t even bother asking. ^^

I agree, I’d love some sort of visual indicator so I can tell whether auto-targetting is on or off, it’s a pain having to find someone blank on the screen to click to test it, but thankfully Anet has at least given us an option to have a key bind to toggle it on and off. Maybe one day they will give us some sort of indicator… we can still dream.

Never leave a wrong to ripen into evil or sorrow. (Ventari’s Tablet V)