This game need good active fishing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

When i run in world i just wanna fish. Too much good fishing places.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Fishing while running … you may be onto something!

I’m actually not joking. MMO fishing has always felt extraordinarily tedious to me because it typically requires that you stare at the screen, mouse positioned and ready to click the bobber at the random moment and spot that it splashes to say you have a fish. I can’t type to friends, I can’t move my mouse around to browse forums, because every 10-30 seconds I have to click a spot on the screen. It’s worse when you have a temporary buff on to help the fishing, then you don’t want to waste a moment of casting your line, so no chatting between casts either.

But I’m fine with running to plant/ore/wood nodes and pressing F to whack them a few times. So what if GW2 fishing worked like that? The node is out in the water but the place to “mine” it is on the shore, you run up, press F, do a casting animation, and reel in some fish exactly the same way you gather any other node.

Perhaps aficionados (afishianados? ) of MMO fishing would complain that that isn’t real (reel?) fishing … but it’s fishing I’d actually do without dying of boredom. The only reason I ever did it in WoW and LotRO was for achieves, it absolutely wasn’t worth the effort for the mats. Not for me.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

I have often played fishing games too. Good stuff and hands won’t get slimy like irl.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Embered.5089

Embered.5089

I’m not really sure. TERA has active fishing. I liked it, but since it required 100% of my attention, i only used it when farming levels or when none of my friends were online and i was super bored in the middle of a large and quiet classroom >.>"

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I enjoy fishing in lotro. I doubt it suits GW2’s style, but I’d be interested in it

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

It’d make sense if there wasn’t underwater combat implemented in this game, but since our characters can dive in and attack any fish they want with a harpoon gun with accuracy, why would they then want to sit on the edge of a lake dangling a rod waiting for something to bite?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Dano.5623

Dano.5623

I don’t see the need. We already have a respectable resource gathering paradigm. Just like we don’t need mounts because we have waypoints that get us to the action quickly instead of getting on mount as riding for great distances to get to the action.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Engineer grenade fishing for the win! I play Tera and never realized there is fishing… Torchlight and Torchlight 2 have fishing,, but it seems like a chore to me.

Being able to scuba dive and spear or harpoon any fish I want, I can’t imagine sitting beside the water.

Posted by: Knuckle Joe.7408

Knuckle Joe.7408

That would be an amazing way to revitalize underwater mechanics. Buy a fishing set with infinite uses, hop in and search for banks of fish throughout the world. Imagine the variety you could put with this size of the map. Undead fish in Orr, huge boss-like fishes in Southsun, etc. You could use them to get prizes, like dungeon tokens, new recipes, consumables, etc.

5 skills with your fishing item, all of them untargetable to make it more fun:
1: Throw net
2: Harpoon line
3: Propeller (burst of speed to chase fast fish)
4: Fish bait?
5: ?

DO FAST HANDS BASELINE

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

So what’s more active in fishing than
jumping in the water and skewering your fish with a spear!
?

Now if tuna would drop some loot, I could make sushi~

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Nichivo.5046

Nichivo.5046

Best fishing in an mmo, hands down is big game fishing in Archeage. Marlins !!!

Posted by: Fancypants.9705

Fancypants.9705

I find fishing in every MMO i have played to be incredibly boring unless you are doing something else at the same time.

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Fishing for legendaries would be awesome!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Fishing and better crafting, please.

Crafting should be of more use than it is. Relying on the toilet, ascended, legendary, event items, and guild halls to sink materials is boring. There is no surprising result from crafting – no RNG. Extra XP for a critical success means nothing.

Fishing could add chance and reward.

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

Best fishing in an mmo, hands down is big game fishing in Archeage. Marlins !!!

Yeah i had a fishing boat there was fun for a while until the gear threadmill got way steep.