This is not good communication with players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SephiSlash.6780

SephiSlash.6780

Champion mobs: Oh I spent 20 minutes hitting something and got no loot
Old dungeons: Oh I spent 20 minutes having a fun gaming eperience and got some cool loot, and some tokens for better loot
New Dungeons: LF CoF 5 token speed run

Posted by: Riavan.2609

Riavan.2609

I really wish Arenanet would stop refering to their horrible failings as exploits. Trying to push the blame for their terrible job onto players for playing it.

It’s part of this whole communication issue.
Are we meant to constantly feel like villians as your customers?
Because that’s what it sounds like.

In addition, I believe patch notes should contain full patch notes,
-Fixing bugs-, because that’s what they are, YOUR BUGS. Is not an exploit and should be mentioned.

GW2: Charr Engineer
GW1: Ritualist

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

I really wish Arenanet would stop refering to their horrible failings as exploits. Trying to push the blame for their terrible job onto players for playing it.

It’s part of this whole communication issue.
Are we meant to constantly feel like villians as your customers?

Pretty much feel like this now, and umm think, while i have not bothered with WoW in over 5 years, if this trend by ANet progresses i might be more intrigued to look at the game again, more out of spite than anything else.

Posted by: scruffydad.2480

scruffydad.2480

I really find the complaints in here to be unbelievable. The gaming community is so awful sometimes. Or at least a minority of the forum complainers are.

Personally, the issues are a big nothingburger as far as I’m concerned. Anet has been remarkable in their levels of communication and responsiveness to in games changes the community wants.

Anet, I hope you guys understand that you will be getting professionally trolled on occasion. I hope you know what to ignore, keep moderation levels high and stick to your initial design goals for the game. You won’t be able to please everyone all the time. So don’t try to.

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

They aren’t communicative about bugs, however, because they throw a wide and thick veil of censorship over “exploit.” Because of this, people such as the OP who were playing a dungeon can be labeled (or worse, banned) as exploiters and never even know what it was they were exploiting just because they were playing the game and were unaware of what was considered an exploit. Because the forums are so strictly moderated, it is pretty difficult to get information or what it even was that you were in danger of being penalized for.

I get the reasoning for ANet wanting to be hypervigilant about the moderation of their forums due to the violent tendencies of MMO forums, but hypervigilance is hypervigilance and it seems to be like it risks going overboard in several places.

A problem with their patch notes is they don’t list what bugs are, only changes (here’s looking at the prestige.) If something was bugged in CoF, it needs to be written in the patch notes as a bug. As others have stated, failing to do so (and then deleting topics seeking information on the subject because it was labeled “exploit”) is poor communication, which is all the OP was saying, as far as I could tell. It is worse yet to seek to punish those for seeking information about bugs that were already fixed.