This is not what I expected.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

Seems to me Anet is starting to turn into one of those other greedy companies out there.
Heck ye Im fuming here where I sit. This is the great wardrobe upgrade really ? As a altoholic I expected to pay for the look i want with charges and then keep the look locked in the wardrobe.

Now i find out you have to pay again if you upgrade your armor. Not just that but you triple the price on charges.

No thanks this is a big slap in my face. I wont be using this stupid wardrobe at all heck I wont even bother creating more caracters. thanx for spoiling everything for me.

Really dissapointed in Anet and i was so exited about this wardrobe aswell.

Rant done.

Posted by: Sephrye.1628

Sephrye.1628

Same feeling here, but I wasn’t surprised really,
transmutation is a big money source for them, apparently?
It’s really irritating, though, while leveling,
since you go through armors so fast.
At end game, less irritating, but still irritating,
cause you feel like you can’t change your looks if you want, on the fly.
I’ve always been annoyed by that whole system.

AoC had a system where you could put the clothes skins you want on a separate equip area, and still change out the armor equips,
without changing the skins, because it was kept in a separate tab.
I loved that system, best thing about that game to me.
DCuO had a system that once you get a skin, you unlock it, and it’s free to change in and out.
Loved that as well.

I wish gw 2 had something like those, but it’s probably never going to happen.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Yeah, while I was going through the wardrobe thing I was wondering “how is this better than me carrying a dozen outfits?”, it seems like it’ll cost me more to use the wardrobe than buying the outfits and running around with them in my inventory the way I have been doing all along. And the 3 stones to 1 charge thing? What the hell? I might as well be throwing money away. When I read that previously I had thought they’d said crystals gave you 3 charges and considered that a fair exchange for your money … imagine my facepalm when I realized I’d got it all backwards.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

They only tripled the charges if you’re silly enough to use transmutation on a low level character who will inevitably change its gear all the time. That was a rather silly way to burn through your transmutations before the patch, and it still is now.

Everyone else just got a lot of extra transmute charges for his level 80 characters from all the unused transmute stones.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

It was clear from the start to me that this would be a glorified niche option to change a look once in a blue moon.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

why pay?

there is a free 5 transmutations in the gem shop today.
also from the release i gathered almost 300 transmutation stones which i converted to 97 transmutation charges. and i have spent ZERO gems on them.
you still get 1 charge on completing a capital on a character. and 1 charge from winning PVP match.
EDIT:
i love the change because it has cleared half of my bank.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

Silly enough? No, no, no, I’m a roleplayer who had a different outfit for every zone. If you’re metaplaying and thinking about nothing but stats, then sure it seems silly, but this game has a pretty large rp community and in a lot of ways this wardrobe system feels like it punishes them where it should have been making life easier and more enjoyable.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Osculim.2983

They only tripled the charges if you’re silly enough to use transmutation on a low level character who will inevitably change its gear all the time. That was a rather silly way to burn through your transmutations before the patch, and it still is now.

Everyone else just got a lot of extra transmute charges for his level 80 characters from all the unused transmute stones.

This is the whole thing not everyone rush to the endgame. There are folks out there that like questing but would like to look good doing so. All this is doing now is discouraging me from making new caracters. For all those people at lvl80 sure the system is not bad what about the rest of us. Are they trying to get people to quit playing ? What about new players heck this might even turn away some new players.
Its a silly move. Now if the charges was a bit easier to get then sure but they made it 3 times harder.

Posted by: acedragonz.9387

acedragonz.9387

Seems to me Anet is starting to turn into one of those other greedy companies out there.
Heck ye Im fuming here where I sit. This is the great wardrobe upgrade really ? As a altoholic I expected to pay for the look i want with charges and then keep the look locked in the wardrobe.

Now i find out you have to pay again if you upgrade your armor. Not just that but you triple the price on charges.

No thanks this is a big slap in my face. I wont be using this stupid wardrobe at all heck I wont even bother creating more caracters. thanx for spoiling everything for me.

Rant done.

How exactly did they triple the price for charges?

acedragonz.9387

And also People keep forgetting that Anet is a Company with employees. You know kinda like you wake up every morning to go to work so you can eat, buy things you want, etc. Anet has to do it as well. I can understand why they want people to buy gems & turning into a “greedy Company” is not what I see. I for one will Keep on supporting Anet with my Money so they can improve the game I love.

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

Rant done.

For characters under level 80, if you want to transmute, you have to use a charge now, which is three transmutation stones when you convert them. You used to be able to use a single transmutation stone prior to level 80.

It definitely affects a percentage of the playerbase, and I think Anet should look into it.

Posted by: D I V A.6018

D I V A.6018

These topics are often extremely amusing to me. Why does one need 10 characters if there are only 8 classes? Well, I guess everyone plays differently.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

These topics are often extremely amusing to me. Why does one need 10 characters if there are only 8 classes? Well, I guess everyone plays differently.

Not only this, but why do people even bother transmuting before 80 anyway? Rush leveling or not, you’re still changing gear often enough that it just seems a waste to me.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

acedragonz.9387

Rant done.

For characters under level 80, if you want to transmute, you have to use a charge now, which is three transmutation stones when you convert them. You used to be able to use a single transmutation stone prior to level 80.

It definitely affects a percentage of the playerbase, and I think Anet should look into it.

Eh, fair enough I guess. It could be something they overlooked. The patch has been up for half a day, maybe they’ll change something in the near future. Also the charges seem to be easier to obtain than the Stones were. I played for 2 hours & I already managed to get 2 charges from randomly playing ( don’t know if I got really lucky or not).

On top of that, correct me if I’m wrong though, the price for the charges is lower than the price for the Transmutation Stones/Crystals.

Osculim.2983

Rant done.

Eh, fair enough I guess. It could be something they overlooked. The patch has been up for half a day, maybe they’ll change something in the near future. Also the charges seem to be easier to obtain than the Stones were. I played for 2 hours & I already managed to get 2 charges from randomly playing ( don’t know if I got really lucky or not).

On top of that, correct me if I’m wrong though, the price for the charges is lower than the price for the Transmutation Stones/Crystals.

Like i said if they are easily available than before sure but somehow i think you just got one from a daily and a zone so nothing new there

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Not only this, but why do people even bother transmuting before 80 anyway? Rush leveling or not, you’re still changing gear often enough that it just seems a waste to me.

Not only do I indeed have 10 characters
I also have 5 under 80
and yes I transmute from the moment I come out of the tutorial.

I don’t rush level I enjoy playing all of my characters.

No matter how amusing you find it- it used to cost me 1 trans stone per item.
Now it will cost me 3/ charge

Add to that, that I now magically no longer have traits I have all ready unlocked and I am not a happy chappy at all.
I used to love leveling

Gunnar’s Hold

acedragonz.9387

Rant done.

Like i said if they are easily available than before sure but somehow i think you just got one from a daily and a zone so nothing new there

One of them from daily & the other after 2 pvp matches from the new reward track thingie.

Posted by: Idris.9351

Idris.9351

because what the heck else are you going to do with transmute stones as opposed to crystals?? it’s not a waste if you earned them from completing maps and used them on your alts considering they can’t be used on level 80 gear anyway

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

I have a male sylvari ele. He’s level 16 or so. I put the cultural T2 armor on him when he got to level 6, because I simply couldn’t stand how incredibly stupid he looked in idiotic mis-fitting cloth pants and half-suit tops made for humans.

So now, I am practically forced into stashing the T2 armor look, and just grind my character to 80 before putting T2 back on him.

Why?

Because I will not pay 5 trans charges every 10 levels to keep the look. That’s pathetic.

Changing skins… It’s fine if you have to pay once to unlock the skins for future use, but paying every time is horrible.

Alternatively, I can create a “map farming” character (keeps company to “key farm” character), and clear city maps over and over. Oh what FUN.

Osculim.2983

Rant done.

One of them from daily & the other after 2 pvp matches from the new reward track thingie.

how long does a pvp match take ? the rate for getting it in pvp seems faster than in pve so looks like the non pvprs are screwed aswell

Posted by: Moderator.6437

Moderator.6437

Hey there, since we are getting a lot of feedback on this topic right now, we are collecting it all in dedicated threads. You are very welcome to repost your questions comments and concerns here “https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Game-Updates-Wardrobe-Transmutation-Outfits

(edited by Moderator.6437)