This is still the best

This is still the best

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

Just wanted to say gw2 rules bnets graphics systems. And I love your pvp system.
You have been doing a hell of a lot better. Just stop the living story for a while.
And release something worth while.

Alright so I have been playing this game since the start. I have always been a huge fan of battle.net. I am a child of battle.net. First internet gaming idea I have ever seen is the diablo II globe.

But it is a totally different gaming community now. When I first saw other player was about ten years old. Diablo II was a Huge deal in my digital upbringing. But Diablo and blizzard has failed. I hate NCsoft. but I love what the anet team has done. eso might consume you all. . .. . . . . .. ..

This is still the best

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

ESO is a below average game in almost every way. It seems that in the race to copy from WoW’s success, new MMO launches forget what year they are currently launching in. ESO will fare as well as the other average MMOs that tried this as well.

I agree that GW2 has something special here. Hopefully Anet can rework this LS thing. Fortunately they don’t have any real competition.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

This is still the best

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

ESO is a below average game in almost every way. It seems that in the race to copy from WoW’s success, new MMO launches forget what year they are currently launching in. ESO will fare as well as the other average MMOs that tried this as well.

I agree that GW2 has something special here. Hopefully Anet can rework this LS thing. Fortunately they don’t have any real competition.

It kind of sounds like there is going to be a major shift in how LS are done soon after season one is over and the class update patch is out.

To me ESO looks like a single player game that is online it works well for a pve setting i am not so sure about its rvr (i am not sure if ESO have a real pvp type in it because RvR or AvA as ppl like to call it is not the same as a true pvp). What it comes down to is the price tag its too much for a solo game but having said this i cant image it saying p2p for long once its out on ps4 because there is a fee for playing ps4 online double fees is a major distinctive to playing a game. That a major thing GW2 has going for it the game has no monthly fee you can put it down for a long time and play other games and then come back to GW2 to play the new content or even have set dates for WvW. The very ideal of putting down an mmorpg with a monthly fee is out right death for an game that makes is money as such its a lot harder to have a game die off if its not going off of a month to month pay base.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

This is still the best

Posted by: johnIV.3849

johnIV.3849

I have played the ESO beta, and gw2 blows out of the warer interms of gameplay.
I don’t know what else to say about it. The game play in gw2 just out does it in all aspects.

Unless Eso can make the hugest impact in mmo gaming ever seen, then it will fail to Guild Wars 2.
Specially if gw2 does an expansion type content.

This is still the best

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I have played the ESO beta, and gw2 blows out of the warer interms of gameplay.
I don’t know what else to say about it. The game play in gw2 just out does it in all aspects.

Unless Eso can make the hugest impact in mmo gaming ever seen, then it will fail to Guild Wars 2.
Specially if gw2 does an expansion type content.

Agreed. GW2 may have its flaws but it’s its own game. GW2 is very unique and sets a lot of new trends and standards (some of which ESO has tried to emulate in their PvP).

That said, ESO is a very bland game. Graphically it isn’t very impressive. The character models and texture leave much to be desired. I wasn’t impressed with the quest variety. It is an appropriate release for the early to mid 2000s. Too much has happened since then however. Fetch quests are not acceptable content in 2014. Paywall gated races are not acceptable content in 2014. The day of the sub-based MMO is over.

Even WoW has evolved to exist in a post WoW world. GW and GW2 each found their own niche. I think GW2 has permanently changed the MMO landscape. Games like Rift, Terra, LOTRO, SWTOR have all come and gone. ESO seems like just another in the pack of below average-average post WoW ‘clone’ MMOs, each bringing nothing new to the table.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur