This is the worst PVE event ever for GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: WalkinGoon.2408

WalkinGoon.2408

I’d just like to vouch for Crab Island Getaway by stating that that event was entertaining by virtue of having scores of people squashed to death by invisible karka rollers they could never see coming.

That puts it one-up over this one in my book.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

The good thing is that we already know HoT is better than this. The first story instance we played in the bwe is a million times better than this. We’ve waited this long for an update, we can hold off another month for the release of HoT.

Perhaps.

Someone on the fence about buying HoT sees this event and wonders if this is what Anet considers to be an engaging and rewarding game experience and if this is how they see the threat of Mordremoth.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The Southsun event was better, despite the slideshow nature of it. At least that gave me loot, karma and other event rewards.

Posted by: Hawkfeather.2071

Hawkfeather.2071

I’d just like to vouch for Crab Island Getaway by stating that that event was entertaining by virtue of having scores of people squashed to death by invisible karka rollers they could never see coming.

That puts it one-up over this one in my book.

Heck yeah. I played that train wreck on a terrible college-given laptop with a terrible dorm connection. It was a complete slideshow and I loved every second of it. It was utterly hilarious, and the rewards at the end were pretty fantastic too. I loved being part of that even if it was near impossible to play on my worthless equipment.

This time I’m playing on a great computer with a great connection. I never lag at all on this thing. Yet I’m bored out of my skull playing this. Not to mention the rewards are near impossible to get based on how many blossoms we’re getting/how much the rewards cost/how short a timeframe we have. You’d have to play nonstop. It’s flat out ridiculous.

This event is boring and poorly designed, and the rewards are so impossible to get it almost doesn’t feel worth it to even try. Honestly this is the only time I’ve been really truly disappointed with content. I am not enjoying this event at all.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

In this event, ANet has done nothing to convince me that planning meetings for new content DON’T start with someone saying, "Hey, wouldn’t it be great if there were a bunch of mobs doing “stuff” in a zone that everyone would flock to defeat because rewards?", with the replies being, “Yeah, let’s work with that!”

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I just have to say I agree. No loot, karma, or anything from mobs or the events sucks. The rewards are unattainable because of the amount of blooms they decided to make them cost. Waiting forever between events is dull. Bleh oh well I guess it doesn’t make me feel bad not getting to spend much time with the event.

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

what, do you mean you are not motivated to pre-order HoT?…

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

The good thing is that we already know HoT is better than this. The first story instance we played in the bwe is a million times better than this. We’ve waited this long for an update, we can hold off another month for the release of HoT.

Perhaps.

Someone on the fence about buying HoT sees this event and wonders if this is what Anet considers to be an engaging and rewarding game experience and if this is how they see the threat of Mordremoth.

This is a good point, I’d also like to add that the thin slice of content we’ve been shown in the beta is not necessarily indicative of the entire product’s quality. For instance, compare the first two arcs of the personal story with the later arcs. The early content, what we were shown before release in the betas, was head and shoulders above the arcs in the middle and end.

Posted by: LunaticChaos.7138

LunaticChaos.7138

Perhaps.

This is a good point, I’d also like to add that the thin slice of content we’ve been shown in the beta is not necessarily indicative of the entire product’s quality. For instance, compare the first two arcs of the personal story with the later arcs. The early content, what we were shown before release in the betas, was head and shoulders above the arcs in the middle and end.

Big thumbs up on this point. With as badly designed as this event has come out. Its not inspiring confidence in what we haven’t seen in HoT.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Although the nonexistent drops really disappointment me I am more disappointing in the other things this event lacks. The big bad mordren guard are just a rehash of the same AI and creatures that have populated silverwastes for the last 9 months (although there they drop stuff occasionally).

If this was intended to be a reveal of the new creatures, AI or as any type of challenge it was a terrible display. This event is at best a zerg fest that rewards players for not sticking around to see the boss destroyed before moving on. At least with the scarlet event you had to learn where to stand and what to hit occasionally in order to succeed.

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

Although the nonexistent drops really disappointment me I am more disappointing in the other things this event lacks. The big bad mordren guard are just a rehash of the same AI and creatures that have populated silverwastes for the last 9 months (although there they drop stuff occasionally).

If this was intended to be a reveal of the new creatures, AI or as any type of challenge it was a terrible display. This event is at best a zerg fest that rewards players for not sticking around to see the boss destroyed before moving on. At least with the scarlet event you had to learn where to stand and what to hit occasionally in order to succeed.

the big bad modrem guards are not in this event. If you’re thinking of the news article, it is about HoT.

There isn’t any new creature or AI in this event.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

the big bad modrem guards are not in this event. If you’re thinking of the news article, it is about HoT.

There isn’t any new creature or AI in this event.

I stand corrected then. So basically this event is just SW creatures without the possibility of loot drops and kitten poor rewards that require I farm even more than I ever did in SW. Not to mention the WP cost.

Yep, skipping this one.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

There was a problem with the Scarlet Invasions that was pretty obvious. … Anet noticed this and, most likely, designed the Silverwastes events and other meta events around the idea that you only get rewarded for playing as intended, i.e. completing everything. How do you combat that sort of player behavior while still allowing loot to drop? This solution isn’t perfect but it’s definitely a solution to one behavioral issue. Players still get rewarded at the end of the event … .

It’s true that during Scarlet’s invasion, people began ‘abusing’ the event by ignoring map/event goals and just killing mobs as loot piñatas. Yes, Anet modified SW to avoid those behaviors; there, you get loot based on event completion. I’m okay with that. So why didn’t they use what they learned?? Why not drop awards per event completed? Why not have a culminating teamwork event as a finale? Why not offer some XP and/or karma for new players? Why not set up achievements to strive for?

I think the original karka invading LA event was worse, but this is incredibly bad for a company that should have applied their lessons.

Posted by: smiling.9028

smiling.9028

I think most likely it went something like this:

{Voice from upper management} “We are losing population because it has been so long since we had any kind of event! Make something happen quick!”

{Voice from over worked Dev team} “We ca make a generic Mordrem invasion event and recycle rewards from the old Scarlet Invasion Sir.”

{Voice from upper management} “That will have to do, have it ready in one hour!”

Don’t be upset at the Devs for this events short comings, I have a feeling the blame lies much further up the food chain.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Scarlets invasions were totally awesome, they had no problem at all.
Some kids whinig got us a changed silverwaste which still is great and had no problems at all. (Thanks to the developer who had the chestfarm idea)
Still some kids were complaining, so no we got a f——— up event which noone likes.
At least the whining kids are now happy because all player and farmer don’t get any loot too…

Now anet just needs to remove zerker and introduce mounts and then finally the whining kids are happy because gw2 is destroyed for any normal player.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

You know, there’s one simple thing that could fix all this….

During a mordrem invasion, make the gravity in the zone weaker, so everything’s bouncy. Imagine flying through the air, firing your guns or fireballs or whatnot. Yeah.

And explosions. The mordrem should explode on death.

Posted by: Killa.8076

Killa.8076

i just wish they would extend the event time.. theres so many things i’ve been waiting to come back and i have the worst net constantly spiking to 5k and its so hard to farm so much in so little time ._. icri

Posted by: Calcifire.1864

Calcifire.1864

oh stop overreacting OP, this is only the third worst event ever.

NOTHING will beat the Lost Shores event three years ago in terms of pure awfulness

*thousand yard stare*

the rolling.... THE ROLLING!

(edited by Calcifire.1864)

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

This is indeed the worst “event” this game has ever seen. Not even worth the money it costs to continuously waypoint around trying to do events. It’s even more proportionally unrewarding for new players, because it gives no karma, no money, no mats. New players do not even have the 10 gold to spare that they would need to get the high-tier rewards. I have never seen such mindless, soulless, naked grind.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Whatever, lost shores was an amazing event. Chasing the karka through the forest, knocking over trees, dropping a mountain on it, then taking the death spiral of hatchlings down to the bottom was totally boss.

If they ran that event again with all the new server tech so it isn’t half bugged out I’d play it over and over again in a heartbeat.

Lost shores was better content than the release dungeons and world bosses in a design and reward sense. It was just an unfortunately unsustainable implementation at the time.

This event? It’s obviously filler. I’m having fun with it, but it’s still obvious filler. Not that I blame them, I just hope HoT is worth the lack of work that went in to this.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

So basically: ArenaNet are the worst ever for not giving us something to do while working on the expansion.

And now: ArenaNet are the worst ever that gives us pointless events that we don’t like.

Clearly the want/need for content that people have been claiming will kill the game for months wasn’t as big as it was made out to be.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

its really disappointing and disheartening. the events are zero fun. i had a friend join ftp and was going to run around with her for these events…too embarrassed to even try now.

they just dropped this junk on top of the existing maps. the other events are still running while the mordrem are invading?… didn’t anybody plan or play this stuff before pushing it out?

This is hardly a new thing. Standard method, in fact.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Karka event was at least exciting because it was the first big, one-time event (plus the awesome rewards, if you were one of the many to get a precursor).

Posted by: spellchekc.5409

spellchekc.5409

My concerns now are:

1) New players will get the inaccurate impression that this event reflects the quality of previous or future events in GW2.
2) More events like this are planned / in route for future development.

I consistently enjoy GW2 and look forward to content that doesn’t fall into the same pitfalls described by every other poster on the official forums / reddit has already pointed out.

Chiming in to say I can’t enjoy the event and won’t grind it, despite wanting to shore up my missing s1 items before HoT launches.

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Is loot any good ? I dont know if I should try. I am silverwaste farmer.

Posted by: TheBizi.6578

TheBizi.6578

The time schedule for the invasions are terrible. I work retail so I have to work Thursday through Sunday. This is going to make it extremely hard for me to get enough blooms to get one of those selfless potion rewards. Not to mention that my client crashed a few minutes before the end of one invasion and I lost the entire reward….

Limited free time on the single weekend this invasion is going, and an hour of my progress and time waiting for and doing the event lost because of a three minute client crash? Even if I hadn’t crashed, I would have gotten, like… 20 blooms? And I need to get 450 for the selfless potion, not to mention any other skins and rewards I may want? Bleh… If I were a casual gamer, I would be crying. Oh wait, I am a casual gamer…. Q.Q

Posted by: Dorian.8542

Dorian.8542

my suggestion is to either raise the bloom gain from events (double), lower the cost of the items (by at least half), or extend the event by four days. what you are expecting of us is rediculous Anet.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

I am thinking Anniversary gem sales didn’t go as well as they hoped for and rushed poorly thought out zergfest in an attempt to squeeze the sale extension excuse just that bit longer.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

I am thinking Anniversary gem sales didn’t go as well as they hoped for and rushed poorly thought out zergfest in an attempt to squeeze the sale extension excuse just that bit longer.

yeah sales also goes on this weekend to celebrate(!") the modrem invasion

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/encore-sale/

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Sadly I must agree. Anet did really bad job this time.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Galdamir.4026

Galdamir.4026

Truly disappointed with this.
I have just completed one round and to be honest cannot be bothered to do any more.
Why, because the events are not rewarding, why are we not getting a couple of blooms per event completion like in Silver Wastes and Dry Top and whilst I fully understand the reasoning behind not having the mobs drop normal loot, surely it would have made sense to have the mobs have the potential to drop additional blooms.
This really is a bad advertisement to all the free to players out there and hugely disappointing to all the long term players who thought that perhaps lessons had been learned from previous ‘one off’ events.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

And the next one that comes out will be the worst ever, and then the one after that will be the worst ever, and then the one after that, and the one after that… seems to be an on-going thing for some people. I won’t be participating because I either have the available rewards already or didn’t want them to begin with. That being said, this is a far cry from being the worst thing ever.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Zaron.1987

. That being said, this is a far cry from being the worst thing ever.

really what content in 3 years gw2 was more worst?

explain it to me pls . i really want to know what was even more worse in your opinion than this one

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I actually have no idea what’s supposed to be happening, or where I should be, keep chasing after events for them to be gone, over or moved.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

explain it to me pls . i really want to know what was even more worse in your opinion than this one

Last year’s Halloween event is a good example. Almost a carbon copy of the year before, no change in story, only a few new item rewards. It wasn’t bad, but could have been a lot better.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Zaron.1987

Last year’s Halloween event is a good example. Almost a carbon copy of the year before, no change in story, only a few new item rewards. It wasn’t bad, but could have been a lot better.

you really gues halloween 2014 was worse than this one?! O.o

ok everyone have their own opinion but im just surprised

Posted by: Linfang.1087

Linfang.1087

If this was QA tested: Shame

If it was not QA tested before going live: Double shame.

I do not understand. I appreciate what they are trying to do. It was a nice, unexpected surprise. But please… do it right. Give loot, rewards. No grinding problems, tagging issues. The entire concept is a farce.

I do not mind investing time to get a potion. But like all the other events they were attainable with effort. This event has too many pitfalls, making the return on investment poor.

On top of this, GW2 is really in the spotlight with all this free for Play for free and the expansion due next month. You don’t always have a second chance to make a first impression

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Am I the only one who is actually kittened about the rewards? Gem rewards, old rewards…why?

Zaron.1987

Am I the only one who is actually kittened about the rewards? Gem rewards, old rewards…why?

dont worry no normal player will reach this items with that number of tokens needed

Posted by: Pino.5209

Pino.5209

This isn’t the worse event but very close to it. Imo recycled events were even worse.
Cheap very cheap, feels cheap, crappy tactic/strategy to expose f2p players to mordrem to get them to buy HoT. It’s just awful. Badly design.
Good decision making isn’t one of anet strong virtues these days.

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

i just decided to check this out this morning to see the rewards and the effort id have to put in and without doing a single event i decided not to even bother trying. the main reason for this was the gold cost included with the skins
i don’t wanna grind for days to end up spending money and coming out with less than i started with for a skin that quite honestly i just don’t care about
that and the fact there is zero AP to be had in the whole thing

p.s if this was in anyway aimed at new players its a fail coz they cant afford 10g and if they can im pretty sure there’s a ton more worthwhile stuff to be spending there money on

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

negative gold reward
no karma
no xp
MF useless again
many sigils don’t work on enemies that don’t grant xp
terrible rewards
grindy content
no challenge
DC’s make it so you rarely get any reward at all

If this was supposed to get F2P players to pre-purchase then they have failed spectacularly. I’m thinking of canceling my pre-purchase.

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

If this was supposed to get F2P players to pre-purchase then they have failed spectacularly. I’m thinking of canceling my pre-purchase.

I have actually spoken to some f2p players and they have stated they might prepurchase after playing the event. I honestly have no clue why but in their eyes it might seem as a good event.

Zaron.1987

I have actually spoken to some f2p players and they have stated they might prepurchase after playing the event. I honestly have no clue why but in their eyes it might seem as a good event.

wow really seems gw2 have potential to reskill to an famous run-of-the-mill asia grinder

#hyped

Posted by: Groonz.7825

Groonz.7825

It’s amazing how this event is! If this is to introduce new players into GW2 of how things are, job well done. Better to show them the reality of how things are then to lie to them.

Posted by: dsslive.8473

dsslive.8473

It may ahhave been a carbon copy, but atleast it felt rewarding to play.

Quite frankly i find that anet dropped the ball on this. The whole reward structure is off. You get too little reward for doing anything. The amount of blossoms you get compared to the amount you need is really bad, especially with this being such a short event. The very least Anet could have done to make it somewhat worth it was add a gold/karma/xp reward to the events, currently you get no gold whatsoever out of it, no loot to seel, nothing. Considering you’re going to be waypointing all ove rthe map (because you’ll never get enough stacks of that buff to get a decent endreward by running) and the gold price on the vendor makes this quite the goldsink. No one likes loosing stuff from actively participating in events, that’s not rewarding at all.

And not to mention how new players are not going to have the gold necessary to both wp around the map to get a decent end reward AND pay for the actual items due to their gold costs. No xp or karma means they are getting nothing usefull out of it. And again comes down to the fact that it’s completely unrewarding.

I was looking forward to these events, and will be playing when i get the time and stop when i get bored of the unrewarding grind. But i gave up on any of those rewards, i’ll jsut see what i can afford at the end and guess that’ll be it.

I still have confidence in Anet, i prepurchased , enjoyed the bwe’s and those all give me a really positive impression of HoT, but this particular event, the ball was dropped.

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

It would have been better not to release anything until the expansion.

This event is just a huge, incomplete and boring mess. New players might like it because they haven’t seen the scale of previous living story events before. To those saying that this is better than the Clockwork chaos invasions: SMH

You would think they’d learn…

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Do they really need to punishs the farmers out there both past and present?

I mean the event is a unrewarding version of Clockwork Chaos in season 1. That event let you farm for the champ chest but this is a waste of time.

Sure you can gather some mats inbetween the events but still, come on! Why not have the mob drop a little even if there are no champ chest or given give a little reward and karma?

All of these map travel have been decreasing my total gold earning if I spend all day doing this event.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

As a veteran I either already have those rewards or I do not care for them. Once again, this is catering to new players.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

LS2 was worse in my opinion.