This is the worst PVE event ever for GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

nah this aint the worst by a long shot clearly you where not around for the karka queens first apearance

^All off this. Try events that you couldn’t see. Enemies you couldn’t see. The game lagging out, and fps dropping to the floor, and getting frames once every 10 seconds. That event, that funnily enough, was also a weekend event, that didn’t work.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Dinks.2478

Dinks.2478

The 30+ target for extra rewards is impossible to hit in that timegap.

20 stacks give you the maximum rewards and you can do it without leeching much, even if you do have to leech a little if you know what you are doing.

Without leeching much? Dafq are u talking about? I just did an event with 21 (in the very last 5 seconds). You know what it took to do that? I LITERALLY leeched EVERY event possible. I went in…killed 3-4 mobs..went to the next…and so on. That’s it, and i BARELY made it.

Is this honestly the kind of mentality you want to see being promoted in your favorite mmo? Constant leeching?

No, it’s a terrible design that should never be in the game and shouldn’t be in the game in the future.

But there is a difference between needed +30 stacks and leeching everything.

Or

Needed 20 stack so I leech 15 events and then do between 5 and 7 events completely.

It’s bad, but less bad that you said. And It can be even better. If you have a group of less than 10 people that know what they are doing, you can complete near the 20 events legit, but that hard. Event overscale with a lot of people. With a small group it can be super fast. The 3 catapults almost never die, the booms go quicly and you can burst the vine with a shield in one shot. This way, events go SUPER fast.

But it still encourages leeching as it is the simpler system. For an event that is supposedly meant for new players there are a lot of concepts in your post that they just wouldn’t get. How would they know what event scaling is? They are just following the tag around because it is the easiest thing for them. Hell they’re new players, they probably don’t even have 10 friends yet. Not to mention the absolute confusion and chaos that is not being rewarded for events and mobs not dropping loot. What game is this? Why have the rules changed so suddenly. Oh, I get rewards at the end, okay this isn’t that bad. But why isn’t it consistent? I got 30 blooms in this map earlier for the same stacks but now I only got 10. Well let me check out the rewards. Oh, 100,200,400 of these blooms I need to grind while not receiving any gold or silver or even copper PLUS a lot of gold.

I don’t know about you but this isn’t what an event that is designed for guilds and new players look like. And it sure as hell isn’t what the first content to come out after 10 months of content drought looks like.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

The 30+ target for extra rewards is impossible to hit in that timegap.

20 stacks give you the maximum rewards and you can do it without leeching much, even if you do have to leech a little if you know what you are doing.

Without leeching much? Dafq are u talking about? I just did an event with 21 (in the very last 5 seconds). You know what it took to do that? I LITERALLY leeched EVERY event possible. I went in…killed 3-4 mobs..went to the next…and so on. That’s it, and i BARELY made it.

Is this honestly the kind of mentality you want to see being promoted in your favorite mmo? Constant leeching?

No, it’s a terrible design that should never be in the game and shouldn’t be in the game in the future.

But there is a difference between needed +30 stacks and leeching everything.

Or

Needed 20 stack so I leech 15 events and then do between 5 and 7 events completely.

The problem is we already know what the Leechers would REALLY do in your scenario.

“Needed 20 stack so I leech 20 events and then hide in a corner and do nothing the rest of the meta-event. Complain when half of the people still trying don’t complete the objectives I desire. Rinse, lather, repeat.”

Posted by: Bolbo Baggins.8594

Bolbo Baggins.8594

I must agree, its terrible in my opinion:

This would fit a korean grinder, but not an A title which advertises no grind philosophy and quality gameplay.
Its designed for maximum grind, minimal rewards, no fun.

The only people who like this are people who like to grind, not who want gameplay.
and again a terrible goldsink, which doesnt hurt people who unhealtily like to grind, but does hurt people who like to play a game (content) and have a life.

(edited by Bolbo Baggins.8594)

Posted by: Agent Noun.7350

Agent Noun.7350

I guess what concerns me is that these events are clearly aimed at new players, especially the ones brought in by F2P. It’s sad that they might think something this uninspired and grindy is representative of GW2, when it really isn’t, especially given what we’ve seen of Verdant Brink.

ArenaNet, you can do better than this—we know that for sure. Why would you put your worst foot forward so soon after welcoming in a bunch of new players?

Posted by: nickiehu.1674

nickiehu.1674

So, I’d like to agree with those, that already said, that this event is just pretty weak.
I had to work yesterday, so I didn’t knew about the reward bug and I just started
playing a few hours ago. First map went normal, events are easy and boring, but whatever. I just wanted one of the potions, I don’t care that it costs gold. But after the 2nd and 3rd map I definitely won’t touch gw2 till this nightmare of an event is over: First I got a dc halfway through the event, next map I get an error 1 minute before the 30 min are over: REALLY?!
But hey, I should have known better, there were a couple of indicators, that the overflow, I was playing in, was horrible: the sound went away, than my gameplay went from fluid to screen after screen – should have recognised this from SW.
So don’t mind me, ANet. I see, you are on a good way towards HoT…

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I think most likely it went something like this:

{Voice from upper management} “We are losing population because it has been so long since we had any kind of event! Make something happen quick!”

{Voice from over worked Dev team} “We ca make a generic Mordrem invasion event and recycle rewards from the old Scarlet Invasion Sir.”

{Voice from upper management} “That will have to do, have it ready in one hour!”

Don’t be upset at the Devs for this events short comings, I have a feeling the blame lies much further up the food chain.

Remember when they said that costumes would be gemstore only and armor skins would be from in game stuff? I wonder how many people thought that would mean recycling old gemstore skins.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I guess what concerns me is that these events are clearly aimed at new players, especially the ones brought in by F2P. It’s sad that they might think something this uninspired and grindy is representative of GW2, when it really isn’t, especially given what we’ve seen of Verdant Brink.

ArenaNet, you can do better than this—we know that for sure. Why would you put your worst foot forward so soon after welcoming in a bunch of new players?

Not necessarily new players. Looks more like it is aimed at anyone who missed the items when they were around previously.

As for Verdant Brink it reminds me of people’s complaint about Orr at launch.

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

I’ll preface this by saying that I’ve only been here 3 months and love this game. My experience with the history of this game is extremely limited but…

this is easily the worst event I’ve experienced in any MMO, and I’ve been playing MMORPGs since the late 1990’s.

I wasn’t able to log in until around 7 PM Pacific Time, so I saw all of the negative posts ahead of time. I went into this event dismissing the negativity as “jaded players with high expectations”. I was wrong. This event is horrid. All this is is a tag fest to try to get the Gold medal. A buff/boon is placed on players for participation and no rewards are given until the end. No loot drops, nothing for the 30 minutes of time spent. Unfortunately I dc’d after running all over the place for 22 minutes, only to log into a different map with a different timer and no boon at all.

There has to be a better way to credit players for their efforts rather than placing a disposable boon on them. And it seems that the devs should know this given the dc issues that people (like me) tend to experience.

This truly has been the most unrewarding event I’ve ever experienced.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

ArenaNet, you can do better than this—we know that for sure.

Can they?

i mean, how are these events different than the scarlet attacks? or the corrupted traits? or ‘insert anything else’

i was hoping for more interesting content, like the one in the LS2, but this is much easier to produce and more in the vein of what the game has offered us so far.

after completing one of these events yesterday, i realised i have been playing an empty game for months now… and that the only reason to keep me going (the addition of raids) will be developed by the same people bringing us…. this….

i think i am taking a break….

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

I was so excited for this event . .. . .it’s soo bad, i just wanna have fun