This isn't WoW!

This isn't WoW!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I used to see this response alot when requests came up for things like raids, tanks, healers, mounts etc. All of those things are in the game now despite the strong protest of these apparent WoW haters.

So I guess we can go back to asking for anything now, and just ignore the naysayers. What’s next? Capes? Built in open world voice channels?

Edit: Before you start your rant, allow me to clarify that I in no way think any of these changes make GW2 a WoW clone. I was simply stating that it was the response I always saw from people that were against these changes. I was simply interested in what other changes, that were previously deemed impossible/unlikely, people would like to see put in the game now.

I’m personally rooting for in-game voice coms.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

(edited by Shaogin.2679)

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Actually we’ve been pining for guild capes since the start.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

And some people have been asking for built-in voice chat, and server-wide chat channels.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Being unique and diff for the sake of being unique and did isnt always amazing or oraise worthy. If there are systems in other games that have been proven to work you need to take inspiration from them and improve upon those systems. Like Colin said “Innovate”.

Both mounts and ra9ds in gw2 are vastly diff from their ff14 or wow counter parts.

Saying is bad that the game has its take on sucessful ideas and needs to be unique is just stupid.

/rant

Id like capes actually, as for voice channels i dnt think that would benefit the game that much really. At least in open world. I could seeit be cool for pvp.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

ANet said years ago that they tried to get capes in, but apparently they clashed with Charr animations.

So you can cross that one off your list.

Edit: they made banners in place of conventional cloaks.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

This isn't WoW!

zealex.9410

ANet said years ago that they tried to get working capes in, but apparently they clashed with Charr animations.

They could always do a cape that splits in half for charr much like how the fabric on the wvw backpiece is.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I was quite happy with the addition of actual support builds instead of “support” being zerker and “kill the enemies before they kill your team” being the best way to support.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

I used to see this response alot when requests came up for things like raids, tanks, healers, mounts etc. All of those things are in the game now despite the strong protest of these apparent WoW haters.

So I guess we can go back to asking for anything now, and just ignore the naysayers. What’s next? Capes? Built in open world voice channels?

Thats not why there was resistance to things found in WoW. Whether they like it not, WoW set the bar for what became mediocrity; kitten many games try desperately to clone it, in the hopes of getting a piece of the MMO pie.

The GW2 devs have developed a habit of subverting conventional ideas for game mechanics…. but its always been hit and miss. So when people heard they were adding mounts, everyone was immediately skeptical and curious to see what they were actually doing with it. And as the forums do…. they immediately took up pitchforks to preemptively voice their concerns that they’re just copying WoW with no regard to how it fits in GW2’s design.

There will always be resistance to “things that look like WoW”, because Guildwar’s popularity has always been driven by how its managed to differentiate itself in meaningful ways. The saying goes…. You can’t be WoW by being WoW.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Being unique and diff for the sake of being unique and did isnt always amazing or oraise worthy. If there are systems in other games that have been proven to work you need to take inspiration from them and improve upon those systems. Like Colin said “Innovate”.

Both mounts and ra9ds in gw2 are vastly diff from their ff14 or wow counter parts.

Saying is bad that the game has its take on sucessful ideas and needs to be unique is just stupid.

/rant

Id like capes actually, as for voice channels i dnt think that would benefit the game that much really. At least in open world. I could seeit be cool for pvp.

voice chat for pvp no hope that never comes all that salt from people getting beating by better people.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

So I guess we can go back to asking for anything now, and just ignore the naysayers.

How is this different? People have been ignoring people they disagree with since long before the internet.

There will always be resistance to “things that look like WoW”, because Guildwar’s popularity has always been driven by how its managed to differentiate itself in meaningful ways. The saying goes…. You can’t be[at?] WoW by being WoW.

This.

The thing is, neither raids, nor tanks and healers in limited content made a substantial impact elsewhere in PvE. People opposed to such things had been assuming they would. Similarly, some opposed to mounts were concerned about how they would affect build composition by removing opportunity costs and affect game performance. I guess we now get to see if ANet will be able to implement mounts in such a was as to avoid those pitfalls. I’m especially concerned about game performance.

As to what’s next, it should be consensual dueling in PvE maps, with a need to opt-in in Options to make it available. [braces for flame barrage]

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Tayna.2419

Tayna.2419

Mounts mean the game is borrowing from WoW? I played an MMO prior to WoW that had mounts: Ultima Online. Maybe Blizzard has a time machine. :P

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

As long as it is not flying mounts, that is ok :p

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Abakk.9176

Abakk.9176

If GW2 devs stripped and copied every feature in WoW and introduced it in their own game, it still wouldn’t be WoW.

If they completely destroy the entire leveling process because ‘hurr endgame durr’, THEN it will be like WoW.

Introducing mounts with no restriction in cities and whatnot would also not make it WoW. That would be ‘making the same mistake as the WoW devs’.

In my humble opinion of course.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

Mounts mean the game is borrowing from WoW? I played an MMO prior to WoW that had mounts: Ultima Online. Maybe Blizzard has a time machine. :P

The real funny thing about all of the “this is taken from WoW” claims thats all over the MMO community… nearly every “innovative new feature” in WoW was taken from other games.

Features people associate with WoW that were not originally introduced by WoW.
Dungeon Finder
Armor Skinning (Transmogrification)
Mounts
Flight Paths/Fast Travel Networks
Raids
Tank/Healer/DPS
Challenge Mode
Faction based PvP
Built-in Voice Chat
Server-wide Chat
Auction House
Guild Perks
& MORE

All of those originated on other MMOs that were either older than WoW or just never got enough of a following to really get anywhere… a few of those features even came from successful newer MMOs. And many of those MMOs borrowed the feature from entirely different genres of games even.

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

This isn't WoW!

zealex.9410

If GW2 devs stripped and copied every feature in WoW and introduced it in their own game, it still wouldn’t be WoW.

If they completely destroy the entire leveling process because ‘hurr endgame durr’, THEN it will be like WoW.

Introducing mounts with no restriction in cities and whatnot would also not make it WoW. That would be ‘making the same mistake as the WoW devs’.

In my humble opinion of course.

And wow legion did it as well so i guess we are good now.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Mil.3562

Mil.3562

This game has stopped being unique four years ago when they decided to have gear progression (ascended gears).

Anyway, common but successful > unique but failed.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

How is this different from last week? Those who wanted mounts asked for them before. There are people asking for new races most weeks, people asking for … well, you name it.

Ask for whatever you’d like to be in the game. ANet doesn’t decide based on whether something is in WoW or not; they add features based on whether it makes the game fun (enough so that they can sell more copies + more gems).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

This isn't WoW!

Shaogin.2679

How is this different from last week? Those who wanted mounts asked for them before. There are people asking for new races most weeks, people asking for … well, you name it.

Ask for whatever you’d like to be in the game. ANet doesn’t decide based on whether something is in WoW or not; they add features based on whether it makes the game fun (enough so that they can sell more copies + more gems).

The difference being back then people against mounts for instance would immediately post the dead horse gif and talk about how it will never happen, and at the time it seemed Anet agreed with that sentiment. Now that all these changes have happened though, hoping for these other cool changes to come into the game isn’t so crazy, it’s an actual possibility.

BTW everyone is bring up WoW quite a bit. That wasn’t really the main point at all, feel like some people didn’t really read everything. Was just stating that it was a common counter argument used on here, never said that I in any way agreed with it or that I thought it had any impact on what Anet decides to do. It was pretty much the equivalent of dismissing people in PvP with a “git gud” or “l2p” remark.

Gate of Madness

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

Cloud Windfoot Omega.7485

ANet said years ago that they tried to get capes in, but apparently they clashed with Charr animations.

they could make capes for humans, but a different guild symbol marker for other races. Each one having something different would be cool and add to their personality

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Panda.1967

Panda.1967

they could make capes for humans, but a different guild symbol marker for other races. Each one having something different would be cool and add to their personality

Eh… just give Charr War Banners…

Please stop assuming I’m a guy… I am female.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Yeah! I’m sick of these incredibly broad concepts coming into GW2! First it was jumping. Just like WoW! Then swimming! Then we had steampunk mixed with magitech in an overarching fantasy landscape. Just like WoW! And now we’re riding animals. Just like WoW!!!

Come on guys. I’m a little cautious about mounts too, mostly for the ungodly eyesore they’ll be in towns and whatnot. But let’s not throw around baseless accusations or comparisons. Mounts make a game “just like WoW”? Seriously? Well we’d better tell Dragon Age: Inquisition, Oddworld, every Final Fantasy game (many of which predate WoW), Horizon: Zero Dawn….I can be here all freaking day.

And I kid you not, before GW2 launch I heard the same thing when people learned we could jump. I wish I was exaggerating. I am not. If you have a legit concern about mounts, you can jump on the bandwagon with the rest of us. Yes, even myself. I’m not really anti-mount, but I am very skeptical about their implementation. But there’s no reason to go around saying this game is “Just like WoW!!!” for having a very simple concept that MANY games share and that WoW in NO way cornered any kind of market on.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

This isn't WoW!

Yeah! I’m sick of these incredibly broad concepts coming into GW2! First it was jumping. Just like WoW! Then swimming! Then we had steampunk mixed with magitech in an overarching fantasy landscape. Just like WoW! And now we’re riding animals. Just like WoW!!!

Come on guys. I’m a little cautious about mounts too, mostly for the ungodly eyesore they’ll be in towns and whatnot. But let’s not throw around baseless accusations or comparisons. Mounts make a game “just like WoW”? Seriously? Well we’d better tell Dragon Age: Inquisition, Oddworld, every Final Fantasy game (many of which predate WoW), Horizon: Zero Dawn….I can be here all freaking day.

And I kid you not, before GW2 launch I heard the same thing when people learned we could jump. I wish I was exaggerating. I am not. If you have a legit concern about mounts, you can jump on the bandwagon with the rest of us. Yes, even myself. I’m not really anti-mount, but I am very skeptical about their implementation. But there’s no reason to go around saying this game is “Just like WoW!!!” for having a very simple concept that MANY games share and that WoW in NO way cornered any kind of market on.

you forgot that we can press a key to attack too

This isn't WoW!

Just a flesh wound.3589

Eh… just give Charr War Banners…

Backpack Banners are what they put in when they couldn’t get capes to work.

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

As long as it is not flying mounts, that is ok :p

Wouldn’t be possible anyways due to the way the maps are built. Thats the whole point why ArenaNet added barriers to stop people from gliding in areas they should not be gliding into.

Sonic’s the name, speeds my game!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jgensFl.png[/img]

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

Sonic the Hedgehog.5169

Ranter: Final Fantasy XIV has mounts! It’s a freaken clone of WoW!

Me: Chocobos have been around sense forever its part of there world.

Anyways, If people don’t want to use mounts then don’t use them. Just run on foot problem solved, Does anyone get tired of running on foot if not then you love running on foot than on mounts.

Everyone complained Gliders was added to the old maps, Now people are having fun on them. Gliders made traveling a bit more easier, I used my glider as a “Mount” to get places a bit faster combining it with Swift Boons after landing with my glider to cut time out of my travels.

If its sinful to try to travel faster because we must run everywhere at normal speed then people have problems. I traveled with my glider all over the place to cut time to get places faster for the 1000th time or more. So you might as well put me in jail and throw away the key for doing a sinful act of breaking the speeding laws.

Sonic’s the name, speeds my game!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jgensFl.png[/img]

(edited by Sonic the Hedgehog.5169)

This isn't WoW!

Shaogin.2679

A lot of rant posts going on here. Feels like some people just read the title, skimmed the artical, and just assumed I was saying having mounts makes this game a WoW clone. Either that or people are eager to vent about past arguments on older posts.

Gate of Madness

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, if you changed the title, and edited the OP, the posts would be more on-topic.

Just a suggestion. Good luck.

This isn't WoW!

Just a flesh wound.3589

A lot of rant posts going on here. Feels like some people just read the title, skimmed the artical, and just assumed I was saying having mounts makes this game a WoW clone. Either that or people are eager to vent about past arguments on older posts.

Maybe your title should have been different than: This isn’t WoW!

and

If you don’t mean that the changes made it a WoW clone because it was most unclear if you didn’t.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It’s still not WoW. Raids are different here than they are in WoW. They’re really ten man difficult dungeons. They can be done in any order. There’s no real progression. There’s no tanking at least in the same sense as WoW raids. In fact, this is a very different game to WoW.

Mounts have been announced but they seem very different to the mounts in WoW. I mean both WoW and Guild Wars 2 have combat, but the combat is completely different. Why can’t mounts be completely different too

People have been saying this isn’t WoW since the beginning, and they’re right. Because I can get the highest stats in the game without ever setting foot in a raid. Hell I can just craft it if I want.

This game has tons of stuff that exist in WoW. Levels, swords, classes, boons and conditions …they call exist in WoW> This game also have PvE and PvP which exist in WoW. The simple fact of having something called the same thing, doesn’t mean it’s the same in practice.

It’s like Rift having dynamic events…but not abandoning traditional quest hubs. They may be called dynamic events but it was a completely different animal.

This isn't WoW!

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The difference being back then people against mounts for instance would immediately post the dead horse gif and talk about how it will never happen, and at the time it seemed Anet agreed with that sentiment. Now that all these changes have happened though, hoping for these other cool changes to come into the game isn’t so crazy, it’s an actual possibility.

BTW everyone is bring up WoW quite a bit. That wasn’t really the main point at all, feel like some people didn’t really read everything. Was just stating that it was a common counter argument used on here, never said that I in any way agreed with it or that I thought it had any impact on what Anet decides to do. It was pretty much the equivalent of dismissing people in PvP with a “git gud” or “l2p” remark.

Yeah, no. Some people like to post a meme or trope rather than actually thinking about the answer. People want race change, which isn’t going to happen for entirely different reasons, but it’s not a “dead horse” — people want it.

So again, I ask: what exactly is different this week from last? This company has always added stuff that other games consider basic. And people are still going to ask for stuff that they want, regardless of economic or business concerns.

I suppose some people will copy & paste the “yeah but you said mounts would never happen, so why not…” as a new meme, but… that’s not really meaningfully different from people posting gifs of someone beating a dead horse instead of offering to discuss.

tl;dr this wasn’t WoW last week; it’s not WoW this week. It’s always going to be GW2, with its own personality.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

WOW isn’t the first game to have raids, mounts, trinity. #justsaying

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

This isn't WoW!

Shaogin.2679

and

If you don’t mean that the changes made it a WoW clone because it was most unclear if you didn’t.

Nowhere in there does it suggest that I think the changes make this game a WoW clone. The title is also explained in the very first sentence. Didn’t mean to trigger anyone, apparently alot of repressed anger in here. People misread and went straight into defensive mode. Yikes!

Gate of Madness

This isn't WoW!

Shaogin.2679

#justsaying to who? No one here is saying otherwise.

Gate of Madness

This isn't WoW!

Shaogin.2679

Yeah, no. Some people like to post a meme or trope rather than actually thinking about the answer. People want race change, which isn’t going to happen for entirely different reasons, but it’s not a “dead horse” — people want it.

So again, I ask: what exactly is different this week from last? This company has always added stuff that other games consider basic. And people are still going to ask for stuff that they want, regardless of economic or business concerns.

I suppose some people will copy & paste the “yeah but you said mounts would never happen, so why not…” as a new meme, but… that’s not really meaningfully different from people posting gifs of someone beating a dead horse instead of offering to discuss.

tl;dr this wasn’t WoW last week; it’s not WoW this week. It’s always going to be GW2, with its own personality.

Perhaps I can clarify a bit more. On some of these previous issues, such as mounts, the people that were against mounts were backed by Anet’s stance against mounts. There was always the assumption that such things would never be in game due to Anet expressing a lack of interest of talks of technical limitations, which bolstered the arguments of players against having these things in game.

Since these changes have been making their way into the game despite previous assertions, it suggests that other ideas that previously seemed far fetched or absurd could also make it in game, thus making it easier to ignore those that claim that such changes are impossible or will never happen.

Gate of Madness

This isn't WoW!

Just a flesh wound.3589

and

Nowhere in there does it suggest that I think the changes make this game a WoW clone. The title is also explained in the very first sentence. Didn’t mean to trigger anyone, apparently alot of repressed anger in here. People misread and went straight into defensive mode. Yikes!

/shrug

If you say something and everyone misunderstands you then maybe you didn’t say as clearly as you thought you did.

ANet may give it to you.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

But, ArenaNet never said there would not be Mounts. What they did say was, “There will be no Mounts at launch.”

Thus, it’s a bit different than when they have spoken about capes or separating Outfits into Armor pieces, etc.

One needs to remember to differentiate between actual Dev quotes/statements, and playerbase opinion/rumor that somehow becomes ‘fact’ once it’s repeated enough.

This isn't WoW!

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Perhaps I can clarify a bit more. On some of these previous issues, such as mounts, the people that were against mounts were backed by Anet’s stance against mounts. There was always the assumption that such things would never be in game due to Anet expressing a lack of interest of talks of technical limitations, which bolstered the arguments of players against having these things in game.

Since these changes have been making their way into the game despite previous assertions, it suggests that other ideas that previously seemed far fetched or absurd could also make it in game, thus making it easier to ignore those that claim that such changes are impossible or will never happen.

All you’re saying is that some people have irrational reasons for being for or against certain features. That was true last week; it’s true this week; and it will be true next week. All that mounts being added to the game means is that… GW2 has mounts; it is not an argument in favor of any other feature.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

The real funny thing about all of the “this is taken from WoW” claims thats all over the MMO community… nearly every “innovative new feature” in WoW was taken from other games.

Dungeon Finder
Mounts
Raids
Tank/Healer/DPS
Challenge Mode
Faction based PvP
Built-in Voice Chat
Server-wide Chat
Auction House
Guild Perks
& MORE

All of those originated on other MMOs that were either older than WoW or just never got enough of a following to really get anywhere… a few of those features even came from successful newer MMOs. And many of those MMOs borrowed the feature from entirely different genres of games even.

The tank/healer/dps trinity goes all the way back to D&D in the 70’s. I’m not even going to look into mounts.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Rather than complain about features from WoW being copied into the game, why not look at good features that made other games successful and suggesting ways it could be transferred into GW2?

Not saying you need to copy other games, but just because another game did a great thing doesn’t put said great thing in the “can’t do it” bin automatically.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

#justsaying to who? No one here is saying otherwise.

Ermm? Your topic and much of the thread contents are all heavily implying that wow is the originator of all. Otherwise, why would you use wow as reference?

Even if that wasn’t your intention but the fact that you started it out that way already made your intentions moot.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

You have capes now, we call them back pieces.. lol

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Tayna.2419

Tayna.2419

Dungeon Finder
Mounts
Raids
Tank/Healer/DPS
Challenge Mode
Faction based PvP
Built-in Voice Chat
Server-wide Chat
Auction House
Guild Perks
& MORE

Yep! Good to know you know your history.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

For me the key difference between GW2 and WoW is summed up in this post: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20753795863?page=26#post-502 (context is they introduced a new scaling system, and unsurprisingly it had problems, in particular being too far above the intended gear level could actually make you weaker)

Key points for me include:

“To reiterate, power progression is an essential part of the WoW endgame.”

“We’ve never had the initial outdoor world content stay relevant for this long in an expansion before. By the end of Mists of Pandaria, for example, the mantid of Dread Wastes that had once been reasonable foes were completely trivial. They’d basically evaporate if a raid-geared player looked in their general direction.”

Fair enough that’s what some people want – a game where you’re constantly chasing new stats and new gear, forever getting more powerful and as a consequence older content rapidly becomes irrelevant and you’ll likely never go back to it. But to me that’s anathema. Maybe because I came into MMOs with Ultima Online rather than Everquest/Runescape so I associate them with story telling – both the games built in stories and the ones players make for themselves and for that it’s vital that the whole world remains relevant, not just the one little bit designated as the current ‘end game’. (On a related note the term end game still seems like an oxymoron to me, the end of the game is the point where there’s nothing left to do and you have to start over.)

Next to that things like mounts or jumping or how players trade with each other are trivial. Especially mounts which is such a broad category. It sounds like GW2’s mount system will be nothing at all like Ultima Online’s (if it was then only rangers would be able to obtain mounts and other players would have to purchase them from us) or Elder Scrolls Online (mounts are strictly a speed boost, different appearances are purely cosmetic) or from what I’ve heard about it WoWs.

As other people said games borrow from each other all the time. Even ‘copying’ one big thing isn’t enough to make them the same. When Elder Scrolls Online went buy-to-play it remained very different to GW2 for example. Even now they’ve also introduced level scaling and seem to have capped gear progression they’re still very different.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I came grom EQ2 and one of the things that nade me leave (aside from the ProsiebenSat fiasco) was the constant grind. Now, I realise I don’t have to do it but getting ascended stuff does feel like a grind and/or a gold sync.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Edit: Before you start your rant, allow me to clarify that I in no way think any of these changes make GW2 a WoW clone. I was simply stating that it was the response I always saw from people that were against these changes. I was simply interested in what other changes, that were previously deemed impossible/unlikely, people would like to see put in the game now.

I’m personally rooting for in-game voice coms.

My bet goes for duelz and open-pvp .. that were things that were often requested and
like mounts everybody thought it will never come

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I came grom EQ2 and one of the things that nade me leave (aside from the ProsiebenSat fiasco) was the constant grind. Now, I realise I don’t have to do it but getting ascended stuff does feel like a grind and/or a gold sync.

There are no MMOs without grind. There are very few MMOs with optional grind. Though the difference here is one you have it, you have it, since there won’t be another new tier of gear. I’m using the same ascended gear on some of my characters for two years now. Try doing that in most MMOs.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Of course they have .. i mean .. even Tolkien has covert the Orcs from Blizzard and yes
Blizzard first created humans .. after that GOD has stolen them ^^

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

This isn't WoW!

that stuff is for people who like that stuff
they have to cater to the audience for it as much of the time, those are the people who will continue supporting the game financially the longest.

Making it optional makes it excusable for the masses, and that is great.

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

There are no MMOs without grind. There are very few MMOs with optional grind. Though the difference here is one you have it, you have it, since there won’t be another new tier of gear. I’m using the same ascended gear on some of my characters for two years now. Try doing that in most MMOs.

Oh I agree with you in that it’s totally optional; I wast just saying it was a grind if that’s what you chose to do so. The main reason for my leaving my previous was the sucky deal from the company but the grind added to the issue.

And wasn’t one of the reasons Centaur left Gw2 was because of the ascended grind/introduction? Memory is hazy there however…

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

This isn't WoW!

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

So, your logic is “let’s not put anything in game if some other game already has it”? Who cares. If it’s a nice feature and works well, then why not. Bad things are the stuff we don’t want to copy, remember?