This kitten Filter

This kitten Filter

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zehkari.6839

Zehkari.6839

Pick up some diving goggles and you be pulling moves man!

O_o

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

The end mission rewards are bugged out? How can ANet let something so simple be bugged. I also understand that for a lot of people that the level 78 quest is still freaking bugged out and a lot of people still can’t complete their personal story. I am on level 72 I think but after hearing this crap I may just play an Alt until things get sorted because some of this stuff is ridic.

I love you ANet, butkitten you should have had a real beta test!

Wrekks/Wrekts

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

Spinning and/or flipping does not equal diving.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

The state of the game is very acceptable and you will accept it. It’s a brand new mmo so lots of bugs which will get ironed out in a month or two. Enjoy what you got, or leave i guess

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Blutkrieg.1320

Blutkrieg.1320

Just to say, I’m from desolation and the orr maps all have at least 1 skill point bugged and atm the event at cathedral of lyssa has one of the seals bugged which obviously means that until they fix it there’s no way of winning the event. Also the Balthazar one is also bugged. I seriously find this to be appalling. I can’t complete maps, I can’t get the karma armor I want, it’s just a bug fest. Meanwhile on the american servers I hear they fix everything at nightime while us at europe get the short end of the stick like usual.

Officer [VILE] – Desolation

This kitten Filter

Posted by: berries.7016

berries.7016

There is some kind of diving animation but I’ve only gotten it work once properly. I even tried different ways running, jumping into water but it mostly happens when I’m already in the water or not at all.

Edit. Now that I think of it, maybe the one time was actually an error and it shouldn’t normally happen like that, though I hope not and it’s a bug and not working correct right now.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Alexander.4827

Alexander.4827

This could be tricky to do from a point high up. There is a bit of a dive animation if you do it very close to the water.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: holotype.1643

holotype.1643

I’ve reported so many bugs/glitches that i’ve developed “report fatigue”. At some point you have to stop and ask: Am I the customer or an unpaid tester here?

Championing Blackgate since Aug. 25, 2012
[UV]

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

Any game of this scale is going to have rough edges that need to be smoothed out, even after the initial launch. It has still been very smooth regardless of a few mishaps and it honestly baffles me that people believe any game is going to be free of potential problems during the stages that allow a lot of room for growing pains.

Just be patient. You’ve paid for the game, though it isn’t going anywhere…and I can’t really think of many scenarios in this game where you’re going to be massively screwed over simply because the odd skill point or enemy may be bugged.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

I understand that in ANY MMO launched their will be bugs. And thankfully I haven’t ran into many of them and have had a good time so far.

But with the 60-80 zones, there was not enough testing done. I knew this when ArenaNet didn’t have a full Beta test and only kept it to the weekends or on some select days. I knew these zones where going to feel buggy and they are.

Time will tell to see how fast they can get to these problems. If they can fix them in a timly manner than I will be very happy!
ATM I LOVE Guild Wars 2 and think it has been one of the best MMO launches yet. (Besides Rift which was almost flawless).

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Bobby.2918

Bobby.2918

Anytime you develop software (constant) and introduce players (variables), bugs will pop up. That’s just the way it goes. I’m sorry the OP, or any other, has encountered a bug that’s stopped the enjoyment of the game. One of my story quests was bugged and I had to restart it several times. It was frustrating. The end.

I’ve encountered bugs in games for twenty years. I’ve encountered bug complaints posted on general forum for all to see (to make sure OP has a sufficient audience for his woes, even though his most important audience, the devs who can fix the bug, would very likely find the problem easier if it was posted where it should be posted, not general forum).

LOTRO. CoH. SWTOR. STO. WoT. WoW. Every one of them. Nothing new to see here, everyone move along.

This kitten Filter

Bobby.2918

But with the 60-80 zones, there was not enough testing done.

Pretty much true of every MMO. The heaviest amount of testing is done on the early areas to make sure the game is ready for launch.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

Just to say, I’m from desolation and the orr maps all have at least 1 skill point bugged and atm the event at cathedral of lyssa has one of the seals bugged which obviously means that until they fix it there’s no way of winning the event. Also the Balthazar one is also bugged. I seriously find this to be appalling. I can’t complete maps, I can’t get the karma armor I want, it’s just a bug fest. Meanwhile on the american servers I hear they fix everything at nightime while us at europe get the short end of the stick like usual.

American servers aren’t any better for the record. There are 3 bugged skill points on Tarnished Coast’s Cursed Shore right now (ship, maze and the Charr challenger in the middle waypoint Meddler(?)), and the temple of Melandru invasion hasn’t worked since ever. The Grenth event does work, however. Balthazar didn’t work either, at least some days ago. I did complete Lyssa a couple of days ago.

Malchor’s Leap’s southern-mid skillpoint was still bugged as of yesterday. I’m quite sure Straits of Desolation’s SW one is still as well, but I could complete the map some days ago because a Guardian with a staff managed to fix the NPC.

(edited by Eochaidh.4106)

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Valkaneer.7834

Valkaneer.7834

Dragon fight, dps’ed a bit then people started to die by 5’s and 10’s. So I stopped dps and run over and help every single person I could, rez them up. I’m a Guardian, so I go buff crazy and pop 2 Elites throwing out mega heals and removing there conditions. I pull out my mace / shield and go to town laying down AoE regen, protection ECT.

Big bad dragon dies………. I got not a single thing, not even a medal…. So I asked do you get contribution for rezing and healing and buffing….. The answer was No.

What kind of game are you guys trying to make here??? Chances are I contributed a lot more than most, since not many people heal every one around them to full and remove all there conditions ….. In a dragon fight. A lot of people would of died had I not prevented it. Not cool ANet!

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Deadlyquiet.8547

Deadlyquiet.8547

Hope I dont get banned…

Test..

kitten

Looked at preview first…

Awesome

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Boone.7132

Boone.7132

on my ranger, i find myself switching to the axe just so i can tag every single mob I see. that way, i get XP off each of them dying, and i get a gold medal every time.

anyways, at the dying people, thats what they get for trying to melee! learn to equip ranged weapons and kite more, thats how this game is designed!

This kitten Filter

Bobby.2918

There’s quite a bit of discussion over Guardian’s ranged capabilities. We have the scepter and staff, and some people say that’s fine right there. Others cry for something less support and more offensive (bow, rifle, etc.).

Boone’s comment about learning to play ranged would find much agreement among Guardians frustrated that they’re limited to melee.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Khasalianus.8610

Khasalianus.8610

Yeah I found out about this when I was talking about a hand-and-a-half sword, aka a kitten sword… quite amusing.

“That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.” – Twilight of the Idols
- Friedrich Nietzsche -

This kitten Filter

Posted by: lambofodd.7640

lambofodd.7640

I dislike it, because it confuses people when you’re actually talking about kittens.

My signature proves my point.

He who made kittens put snakes in the grass.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Valkaneer.7834

Valkaneer.7834

on my ranger, i find myself switching to the axe just so i can tag every single mob I see. that way, i get XP off each of them dying, and i get a gold medal every time.

anyways, at the dying people, thats what they get for trying to melee! learn to equip ranged weapons and kite more, thats how this game is designed!

I’m not even going to take this as a serious comment. I make a post about healing rezzing, buffing, and removing conditions, and you go on about ranged weapons…….

I’m a guardian! Not an elementalist. Scepter is the worst guardian weapon we have by a long shot. My point is healing rezzing, buffing, and removing conditions should count for contribution. Since I contributed more than any scepter guardian by a long shot.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Charr are real kittenes don’t you agree?

This kitten Filter

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

It’s a known bug. You’re supposed to get participation for supporting players doing damage, but it’s not working for some reason.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

They want to make sure that no one goes full support. This is how they have done it.

I would consider a better model to make contribution require doing a certain threshold of both support and damage.

Check to see that the person has done at least some amount of boon application, condition application, and damage – but this gets tricky as some builds lack conditions but still contribute in a meaningful way (though they’re less common).

So perhaps a mix of check for [boons | heals | conditions] and [damage].
- To get full contribution SHOULD require some damage check. But doing only damage should not give full contribution.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

When I do it, I almost always get a “TY” from the player in question, and I do the same. If things are simply too busy I’ll make sure to at least /bow or /salute.

:)

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Vadnarr.5764

Vadnarr.5764

OP: I salute you. 10/10

Ehmry Bay – G: Ehmry Brigade

Mesmer ~ We’re fucking purple… I’m seriously, don’t call me pink, bro.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

I went to complete the Mount Maelstrom map today and found I couldn’t because 3 of the skill points were bugged out. When I asked in chat they said the best thing to do is wait for reset or transfer to get them. Both options are just bad.

Wrekks/Wrekts

This kitten Filter

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

They are bad, but those options are even worse if you’re not reporting each and every bug you find so that they can eventually get fixed.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Shmoot.9531

Shmoot.9531

kitten kitten kitten kitten kitten

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Alexander Quess.1932

Alexander Quess.1932

unacceptable? Have you played any other game released in the past 5 years? This game is more acceptable then 99% of most AAA games, including non-MMOs. The state of the gaming companies is “we can release an unfinished game and patch it later.” A game that was released last year (an MMO I will not mention) was so underfinished, they have to re-release it over a year later.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Master Nala.5937

Master Nala.5937

“I don’t think Guild Wars 2 has the sort of polish that a game on release should have.”

Did you play SWtOR or Diablo III during they’re releases? The forums of these two games upon release were just overwhelmed with hate for obvious reasons.

SWTOR’s launch was extremely smooth. It’s only after people hit level cap that the real hate came out. The major issue at this point in SWTOR was the queues, something that GW2 has seemed to avoid.

As a fan of that game, I must say that I find the General Forums here to be quite validating. All new MMORPGs have warts and problems. SWTOR did, and GW2 certainly does. I like both games and think they both have something to offer, but the content locusts will never be satisfied.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Siigari.6587

Siigari.6587

Why are they so bent on no support players? I personally LOVE supporting others. Sometimes I don’t always want to have to get in there and run a bash-in-their-head rotation of 1-2-4~-1-1-etc. Being a support class generally puts you in your 7-0 skills and I enjoy mine as a Guardian.

I see no reason for them to force us out of support.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Skor.4652

Skor.4652

Same problem with Rift when it went live. You would think that GW2 team would have learned that and had this addressed early on. But much like so much other stuff, it didn’t get done.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: IntheCoconut.3497

IntheCoconut.3497

It’s a known bug. You’re supposed to get participation for supporting players doing damage, but it’s not working for some reason.

I hope this is true because I think it would completely contradict itself otherwise. Implementing a “downed” state into the game and then not rewarding people for healing/rezzing those players is not going to encourage anyone to help them out. This game is all about team-play, so I would like to think that it just isn’t working as intended.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Bassario.3465

Bassario.3465

Yes. Op is right but I believe everyone agrees and they are working on it, we’ll have to be patient for now, play around on an alt in the meantime.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

There is an achievement and title that goes with rezzing. I know it’s not what you want to hear right now but at least it’s something while we wait for Anet to fix it.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

As this discussion has been resolved, this thread is closed.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Skor.4652

Skor.4652

I think there is a supertroopers gag in here somewhere.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Illushia.3721

Illushia.3721

Why do I feel like two threads got merged somewhere?

The Treesong Calling. Tarnished Coast RP.
http://treesongcalling.com/

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Switch.8520

Switch.8520

They did get merged, I have absolutely no idea why, they had nothing to do with one another.

I’ve e-mailed the forum administrator to have them unmerged if possible.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: nachdenki.2637

nachdenki.2637

@all the people saying that the bugs in the game are completely acceptable:
It’s not about that the game has some bugs, but the KIND of bugs it has. If there are some clipping issues, or some NPC doesn’t behave correctly, or a skill is maybe a little bugged, that’s fine. It will get fixed, no problemo.

But honestly, parts of the game feel like they never once went through any QA. There are hearts that simply do not work as intended, never, for no one. There are event chains that are completely broken. There are main story quests that do not work for a lot of players. Some maps cannot be completed due to bugs with skill points. Parts of the story sequences aren’t even synchronized, not even in english! This is not some “it happens” bugs, this is beta state. The game is obviously not finished and it seems to me no one in QA ever played to 100% map completion.

Like I said before, I love the game, do not confuse that. But to say that the bugs in this game are normal is just fanboyism. I mean the final reward for the story is broken. Seriously.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Kitten filter is the most awesome filter I’ve ever seen :P

Only thing better than a kitten filter would be if we wouldn’t need a filter at all. But that will never happen. It’s just sooo cool to write curses in places where other people can see them.

This kitten Filter

Posted by: Nini.8941

Nini.8941

I adore how irate it makes the potty-mouths. Now if only it could be added in-game. :)

(hint, hint)

Haha! They absolutely should add this in-game :)

This kitten Filter

Posted by: SunRain.8972

SunRain.8972

kitten kitten kitten kitten

nuff said

“From the place where we are right
Flowers will never grow
In the spring.” – Yehuda Amichai