This patch...

This patch...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I like the patch. Engineer got the tiniest bit of love so I’m not going to complain one bit. Nope!

This patch...

Posted by: Raeat.1026

Raeat.1026

I spent yesterday raging, but today I’m just depressed. My farming ritual felt less like purposeful farming than just miserable, meaningless grind. I spent almost no time in game. My main hasn’t been “nerfed” – it was taken behind the woodshed, sliced and diced with razors, gang-kitten d, and left to die in a heap of broken glass and salt.

Went to WvW to finish a daily and two FA caught me. Tried to run – no chance (everything is faster than a necro, even wielding dagger speed). Dead in a second. Couldn’t even react. No point in even trying.

I wonder if we will ever see the day ANet’s pet class, the “I can do everything you can do better” Mesmer gets its throat slashed like this.

Time to ply the spaceways. At least Frontier doesn’t make sure my Asp can’t use its shields…

(edited by Raeat.1026)

This patch...

Posted by: warbignime.4610

warbignime.4610

It seems like 90% of what ArenaNet works on is QoL or mechanics, and very little content. This patch was not heavy on content (you can complete every solo PvE thing in a few hours), in fact it was very light on content. It is apparently that ArenaNet struggles with producing content, maybe it is time to stop working on QoL changes and focus the team fully on content that the majority of players play, that has been lacking for 2 years now, HoT was super light on content, this patch was super light on content. Adding in large long grinds is not content, it is just mindless repetitive drivel.

But the thing is without introducing new grind, no matter how big the map and story instance is, player will be able to finish them in a few hours. Dev can never make content fast enough to keep players in game without grind, and that is true for every online game.

Some must fight so that all may be free.

This patch...

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

very happy with the patch!
not happy with the agony resistence that I recently sold all before the patch comes. :P /cry

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia

This patch...

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

Well, I have now a +7 agony infusion and an amulet slot. I tried to put the +7 AR into the amulet but it was not possible. What are you saying about ANY SLOT?
On the other hand, in the morning I had 150 AR on my gear. After the patch I have only 143. If I want to do now the lvl 99 fractal, I will be 6 AR short. So, I have to do something (to work) to achieve the same lvl I had before the patch. They give us the +7 AR back? Is useless. I want my Fractal Relics I spent on it back.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/INFUZ-5959

You can get the relics back if it was a simple infusion so actually they did compensate us. Amulets now only accept Enrichments which are basically the old utility infusions and can be bought from the laurel vendor.

You are totally missing the point. What if you don’t do fractals? I don’t have any AR at all. None. Zip. I don’t do fractals. What I do have is 6 infusions I can’t use and 6 amulets with no infusions because I don’t want to spend 20+ laurels on “enrichment” ones. I primarily WvW. Enrichment infusions aren’t really all that useful.

If you have the mastery points to spare, it takes ONE point to be able to attune your rings . And some gold. You go from “missing” a slot to having 2 slots now empty. Just remember to extract any existing infusions first as well. All it takes once you spent that one mastery point is walking into the Fractal Observatory. That wasnt so hard, was it? (unless you already have attuned rings, then oh well, I tried)

This patch...

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

Well, I have now a +7 agony infusion and an amulet slot. I tried to put the +7 AR into the amulet but it was not possible. What are you saying about ANY SLOT?
On the other hand, in the morning I had 150 AR on my gear. After the patch I have only 143. If I want to do now the lvl 99 fractal, I will be 6 AR short. So, I have to do something (to work) to achieve the same lvl I had before the patch. They give us the +7 AR back? Is useless. I want my Fractal Relics I spent on it back.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/INFUZ-5959

You can get the relics back if it was a simple infusion so actually they did compensate us. Amulets now only accept Enrichments which are basically the old utility infusions and can be bought from the laurel vendor.

You are totally missing the point. What if you don’t do fractals? I don’t have any AR at all. None. Zip. I don’t do fractals. What I do have is 6 infusions I can’t use and 6 amulets with no infusions because I don’t want to spend 20+ laurels on “enrichment” ones. I primarily WvW. Enrichment infusions aren’t really all that useful.

If you have the mastery points to spare, it takes ONE point to be able to attune your rings . And some gold. You go from “missing” a slot to having 2 slots now empty. Just remember to extract any existing infusions first as well. All it takes once you spent that one mastery point is walking into the Fractal Observatory. That wasnt so hard, was it? (unless you already have attuned rings, then oh well, I tried)

and if they did already have attuned & infused rings then they just gained 4 more slots that can be used for wvw infusions in stead of AR infusions… so they lost 1 slot but gained the ability to have an additional 4 slots.. 2 of which will require them to do some fractals, but still +1 slot without much work overall seems like a win to me…. (same if you want to infuse your backpiece now you just gained an extra slot…what?!?!?!)

This patch...

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’ll add my thanks here. I’m really happy with the patch. I’m still trying to come to terms with build balance changes, but doesn’t look too bad from where I’m standing, and in some cases, it looks pretty good.

The QOL changes were awesome, the new emotes were cool, the story was great and the new zone is a lot of fun.

And…aerial combat. OMFG. Didn’t see that one coming.

This patch...

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

The content was great, I really enjoy the connections to Guild Wars 1 from White Mantle, Bloodstone to Jade Constructs and the secret enemy reveal at the end. Rewards are good, though could always do with more. Monster design is good and the new gliding mechanics interesting if a bit awkward. (Gliding magic attacks need to be improved and the functionality added to the other maps!)

What I do not like is the map, yet another desolate zone which unfortunately focused on the worst aspect of HoT, verticality. It is a tiny map to start with but saying it has more due to verticality does not fly with me as most of it is empty space to glide through. I will earn my home instance node and never go back, essentially because it is ugly to look at. To be clear I do not blame the talented map designers, this is just another case of the “Orr effect”.

In all it is a thumbs up from me, you did well Arena Net. I just hope the next map you add will be less Orr like and more Labyrinthine Cliffs/Timberline Falls in regards to being visually beautiful.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

This patch...

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hey guys,

I’ve had a couple of people suggesting that we merge these comments into the official feedback thread, but I really hesitate to do that because you may already have posted your brief comments in that thread, and merging could a bit of a mess of that conversation. Would you mind sharing your thoughts in that thread, so I can be sure to include them in my report? (The report will include other comments from other threads, but it’s great to have that link to which I can point, as well.)

Thanks a lot!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

This patch...

Raeat.1026

No survivability left at all for the necro – even in PvE. Just spent 3 frustrating hours in AC only to die over twenty times. Absolute kitten move, ANet.

No more money from me. I don’t pay people to kitten me over.

This patch...

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

No survivability left at all for the necro – even in PvE. Just spent 3 frustrating hours in AC only to die over twenty times. Absolute kitten move, ANet.

No more money from me. I don’t pay people to kitten me over.

Uh, Necro can survive just fine without minions. I did CM yesterday with my guild and was fine, didn’t die once – no minions on my bar at all, swapped out Lich for CTTB. Had no problems in the new map or story. Not had any issues with my Lich Form minions either (running the MB Viper Horror build still) so I’m not really sure what to suggest for you. I don’t want to say ‘git gud’, but Necro is just fine right now. We got away lightly with the changes in this patch.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

(edited by Bellatrixa.3546)

This patch...

Raeat.1026

Meanwhile, ANet managed to allow us to salvage multiple items with one click. Well, done. Oh, wait, you still don’t offer us the option to include minor and major sigils and runes in “junk?”

Well, thanks anyway for trying.

This patch...

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Uh, Necro can survive just fine without minions. I did CM yesterday with my guild and was fine, didn’t die once – no minions on my bar at all, swapped out Lich for CTTB. Had no problems in the new map or story. Not had any issues with my Lich Form minions either (running the MB Viper Horror build still) so I’m not really sure what to suggest for you. I don’t want to say ‘git gud’, but Necro is just fine right now. We got away lightly with the changes in this patch.

kitten off, white knight. I was talking to ANet, not you. I don’t care how determined you are to kitten-lick, I am not interested in your pro-corp, brown-nosing gurglings. I don’t want to have to say “gitgud” with your reading comprehension, but gitgud with your reading comprehension. You made unwarranted assumptions. I have no minions on my skill bar, only Rise, which was nerfed to death. Is that clear enough so that even you understood it?

I think you need to git gud.

I’m doing just fine after the nerf to Rise. I hardly notice a difference.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

This patch...

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

kitten off, white knight. I was talking to ANet, not you. I don’t care how determined you are to kitten-lick, I am not interested in your pro-corp, brown-nosing gurglings. I don’t want to have to say “gitgud” with your reading comprehension, but gitgud with your reading comprehension. You made unwarranted assumptions. I have no minions on my skill bar, only Rise, which was nerfed to death. Is that clear enough so that even you understood it?

Have you actually read my comment history? I do plenty of criticism, thanks. My reading comprehension is just fine and I used to run Rise myself when I ran power in open PvE; then I realised condi was far superior – surviving while crippling myself including without minions in fractals and dungeons when I want to control my aggro. Rise is a minion shout so your nitpicking is irrelevant. If you were relying on that to stay alive all the time, then you were doing something seriously wrong.

If you were wanting to talk exclusively to ANet, maybe you should have emailed them instead of posting on a public forum where anyone can post. Also, you’ve shown from your namecalling and rudeness exactly what sort of person you are – a rage-filled child who’s overreacting. Sometimes classes get nerfed in all MMOs. Deal with it.

I think you need to git gud.

I’m doing just fine after the nerf to Rise. I hardly notice a difference.

Thank you for verifying what I was saying Waiting for him to come for you next lol

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

(edited by Bellatrixa.3546)