This shouldn't be possible.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Slackoth.2108

Slackoth.2108

Why can someone stand on a ledge above me and shoot me? What can i possibly do in this situation? It’s die or, you know, die. Oh and i had a bow, funny how i wasn’t allow to shoot him I love dying by stupid kitten like this!

And this happens all the time, if i’m on my guard the game will tell me that i can’t use that path when trying to teleport up to them, it’s kinda stupid tbh.

Attachments:

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

In WvW there’s are a lot of cliffs here and there. If people are sniping you from above you just gotta run away and try to evade/block any attacks they’re sending at you.

Seems like they’re probably just cheesing around if they are camped there. Best thing to do would be to try and get other people in the map to help you come take them out by going around the cliff and attacking them from above in turn.

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Well shooting upwards with a arrow based projectile looses velocity rather than gaining while shooting across or downwards , shooting up to a ledge also reduces and maybe blocks because of the arrow drop off point is much closer than further away compaired to shooting downwards off a cliff.

and those on the ledge are proberly clones too since the gs beam is comming from else where spawning the clones on the closes Able ledge thats within range of you too.
the difference is the Mesmer gs is a Lock on attack not a projectile so as long as he is in Range of you , it will hit unless you block it with Los.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

This game is far too realistic in some ways, while completely forgetting about realism in others.

Balance>realism in a competitive game, always.

If you can manage both simultaneously, then great; if not, concentrate on the balance.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

mesmer GS #1 does NOT hit as long as he’s in range. It can easily be obstructed.

high ground is supposed to be an advantage. that said, like 99% of the time, if they can hit you, you can hit them (only exception that comes to mind is ranger bow range upgrade). the difference that high ground gives is that they can back up to easily avoid your shot, while you can’t.
my preferred way to deal with this situation is to temporal curtain the cliff just below them, then yoink them off. usually they die just from the fall, but if not dead they will be at half health and can easily be bursted down.