This update takes busy work too far

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Torasan.6029

Torasan.6029

Honestly people will be sueing you over RSI and arthritus medical problems developed from playing Guild Wars 2. This latest update has players constantly having to double click litterally thousands of times.

Please for the love of my right hand, add a ‘Use All / Open All’ function!

There’s now a lot of meaningless busy work. Its bad enough they’re forcing us to craft now for ascended weapons. I honestly can’t wait for my luck bar to max so I can go back to spamming sell at the vendor. I spend so much more time clicking in bags instead of fighting. I didn’t buy GW2 to click on boxes thousands of times, its NOT FUN!

My guild’s downtime in wvw has increased a lot thx to this update making everyone need a 10minute break to salvage, use and sell the loot we’ve collected. Previously a 30sec stop at the merchant was enough and we were back in action, actually playing and enjoying the meat of this game; its excellent combat!

Every MMO’s least attractive and frankly; to me atleast, off putting feature is crafting. In GW2 I was able to avoid it till I wanted a Legendary. GW2 is; or rather was, good for not forcing people to craft.

Please don’t force us to craft and for our finger’s sake please dont make us spam click. For your sake too, if our fingers stop working we wont be buying or playing more games you make will we?

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

You’re not forced to craft, just so you know. Ascended gear is only 10% better than exotic gear, so If you don’t want to craft, then there really isn’t a need to. I actually like that Anet is making ascended gear craftable, because I’ve had the worst luck with RNG throughout the entire time I’ve played GW2. This ascended gear is a good system.

But I do agree with you. My fingers are actually hurting after a couple hours of farming champs in Queensdale and doing a dungeon. A “click all” option would be very helpful.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

Since when are we forced to craft ascended weapons? Every source that drops ascended mats, also drops ascended weapons. and since ascended mats are aquired in every part of the game wvw camps/tower/keeps/sm/jps. pve champs/jps/world events/temples/dragons/dungeons/mini dungeons. You can get ascended weapons with almost no effort absolutely anywhere. No need to cry so much

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

You can get ascended weapons with almost no effort absolutely anywhere.

That’s not true. The chance of getting an ascended drop AND with stats you can use doesn’t make that a viable option.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

That’s not true. The chance of getting an ascended drop AND with stats you can use doesn’t make that a viable option.

When you get an ascended drop, you can choose which stats to put on it. Yes, it is a viable option.

He’s right. Over time, you’ll collect ascended materials and find that you’ll have enough to craft an ascended weapon eventually. I’m already more than halfway to crafting an ascended dagger.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Posted by: Trakarg.2095

Trakarg.2095

When you get an ascended drop, you can choose which stats to put on it. Yes, it is a viable option.

He’s right. Over time, you’ll collect ascended materials and find that you’ll have enough to craft an ascended weapon eventually. I’m already more than halfway to crafting an ascended dagger.

False. Anet lied. You do not get to pick the stats.

http://i.imgur.com/jf1k1OX.jpg

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

False. Anet lied. You do not get to pick the stats.

http://i.imgur.com/jf1k1OX.jpg

I think when they mentioned being able to pick your ascended weapon stats it was specifically from the Tequatl ascended weapons that will be coming in a few weeks.

Posted by: Moss.5371

Moss.5371

You can pick weapon type. Not stats.

Posted by: Torasan.6029

Torasan.6029

Since when are we forced to craft ascended weapons? Every source that drops ascended mats, also drops ascended weapons. and since ascended mats are aquired in every part of the game wvw camps/tower/keeps/sm/jps. pve champs/jps/world events/temples/dragons/dungeons/mini dungeons. You can get ascended weapons with almost no effort absolutely anywhere. No need to cry so much

Ascended weapons aren’t a choice. If you were to tell my guild master in a month you don’t have an ascended weapon or any progress towards it, he’d laugh at you and tell you where to go.

Ofcourse you are forced. You can’t be competitive in wvw if ur gear is 10% less effective. Everyone is seeking for; to use a WoW term, Best In Slot gear. Anything less is incomplete.

What bothers me so much about this patch is that my time used to be mostly spent killing things or messing about with dyes (i love to make my character’s look good) but now I spend a lot of time salvaging and fiddling about in my bags, its NO FUN!