This video sums up the game for me

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Anet really has to learn that boredom doesn’t encourage players to learn anything.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Bumping, Anet needs to see this.

You think they’ve never seen an idiot ‘hey nerds I agree with you, LOVE ME!’ youtube video before?

Posted by: Porterhouse.6304

Porterhouse.6304

Egad, what’s the point of even having the starter area if you can’t die and don’t even need to attack anything?

Posted by: Vix.6730

Vix.6730

The video speaks volumes of the direction ArenaNet has taken the game. Oh well. ArchAge launches September 12th. After that we have Everquest Next and Shroud of the Avatar among others ready to accept the alienated, discouraged and fed up GW2 veterans.

Posted by: HandOfKane.5409

HandOfKane.5409

ouch. to be fair, the main issues (wrong zone) are just bugs.

I don’t like the changes either, but the fact is, it’s entirely possible this is what new players need. As dumb as it sounds to us, If they did usability & the data indicated these changes, then there is little we can do. There are plenty of games that have idiot tutorials because most players couldn’t figure out something simple.

Except that low level characters created by brand new players and low level characters created by vets who want to start a new character for whatever reason are both forced to go through the “idiot tutorial”. The two are not the same thing.

Posted by: Valoofx.1798

Valoofx.1798

that video +1. So true

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’ve added the video to my signature, just to give it more exposure.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

They should remove ingame musikittenil level 55, it gets me all dizzy and I end up hitting the wrong keys. Also I say lock the chat window until level 70 and blasting fields at level 79.

Oh and lock the Gem store until level… hey wait a minute.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

This video is FULL of misinformation and bugs . . .

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Doodakoff.5246

Doodakoff.5246

It’s a kitten shame what has happened to this game in recent months.

Paradox.1380

Here is a little post I made about my experience with the NPE last night on a fledgling account I recently got. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/You-Can-Do-ALL-almost-the-Things-Still/first#post4393071

Posted by: Eric.7569

Eric.7569

I LIKED things being dangerous from the very beginning. I do not the reduced difficulty of the starting areas, not at all.

Paradox.1380

They removed being able to die in the starting Story Mode Instance LONG before this change happened… just so you know. You can die in 1-15 zone … I died on purpose a couple times to test.

Posted by: archmag.1259

archmag.1259

They removed being able to die in the starting Story Mode Instance LONG before this change happened… just so you know. You can die in 1-15 zone … I died on purpose a couple times to test.

Yes, and boss battles in tutorial would finish automatically even if you don’t attack the enemy, so this is not a last patch effect too. Tried it on earth elemental in human story during keyfarms few times before the patch. It’s done specifically so that you can’t hold that area forever (it locks during the fight). Just started new character to test how new leveling feels and it does not look bad. You are not restricted from most things like gathering or dodging if you know where to get tools and how to do it. You are restricted from some skills because you don’t actually need them at that time.

Posted by: roguenub.1409

roguenub.1409

Sorry arenanet, what were you possibly thinking when making this change for new players? This almost seems like this would turn people away instead of sticking with it

Paradox.1380

Sorry arenanet, what were you possibly thinking when making this change for new players? This almost seems like this would turn people away instead of sticking with it

Again… That video is NOT accurate .. hardly at all. Check my post a few up with the thread of the things that are NOT locked.

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

Is this real life?

is this just fantasy?

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Again… That video is NOT accurate .. hardly at all. Check my post a few up with the thread of the things that are NOT locked.

People don’t want to know that. It doesn’t fit their views.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Is this real life?

is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: dwillikers.2348

dwillikers.2348

Is this real life?

is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide.

Yes yes no escape from reality why do I keep seeing these lol, I admit I chuckled after the first post or two but now it just seems like you’re trying too hard xD

Granted classic song is classic don’t get me wrong.

On topic, it sure would have been nice if Anet gave new characters the option to enable this whole thing or not. Even if it said something like: Do you wish to enable idiot mode? Check yes or no.

But in all seriousness, it’s as if anet didn’t think the effect this would have on people who have already learned and mastered (or at least very familiar with) most of the elements of the game, in any way shape or form when making this update. Surely it crossed their minds at least? Maybe they just decided the hopes of acquiring new players was worth Effing over the already established ones who wanted to make alts? I just want to the ability to turn off idiot mode if I wish. Anet just throw up a “ARE YOU ABSOLUTELY SURE? It is STRONGLY recommended to continue using idiot mode if you are an idiot.” message if someone accidentally hits yes.

And, for lawsuit purposes, maybe, if we do hit YES, add an obligatory: “Areanet is not responsible for heads exploding resulting in an overload of information due to the sheer complexity the leveling process has in this game.”

Just lookin’ out for you Anet^

Posted by: Sokia.3710

Sokia.3710

I LIKED things being dangerous from the very beginning. I do not the reduced difficulty of the starting areas, not at all.

Just level up more. As long as you are downscaled, the monsters actually become more difficult as you level because the new level-gated statboost break the downscaling system. You’ll be getting owned by Luminescent Grub in no time.

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Dear God, WoW tried this very same tactic, they are down to 6 million subs from 12 million?

CCCP….

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

+1

this explains the NPE.

the worst idea ever in MMO history… gw2 NPE

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Zygomaticus.7469

Zygomaticus.7469

this needs a bump! ANET needs to see how wonderful the changes are!

/sarcasm

Would it be cool to live forever?

Yargesh.4965

/sarcasm

Video that shows outright wrong information is needed for what exactly?

Zygomaticus.7469

Is this real life?

is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide.

No escape from reality.

Zygomaticus.7469

/sarcasm

Video that shows outright wrong information is needed for what exactly?

needed for the glory of Satan of course!

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I’m sure new players will have a blast venturing into Frostgorge at level 6! No one would ever quit now, with such an efficient compass to lead to all these fun locations for players of all levels to experience!

Yargesh.4965

I’m sure new players will have a blast venturing into Frostgorge at level 6! No one would ever quit now, with such an efficient compass to lead to all these fun locations for players of all levels to experience!

Yes because everyone but select vets are morons, it has been pointed out before.

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Ah, you are getting the “why is it futile”

If anything this video (and all who “support” it) shows that these “vets” and “pros” need even more handholding than NPE.

Its really funny (ironic) really that those who cheer this video actually prove ANet right.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Zygomaticus.7469

Yes because everyone but select vets are morons, it has been pointed out before.

You speak of “moron” selected vets who follow the tutorial to their deaths?
what more new players! nudge nudge wink wink

so much for “NPE” “user friendly” changes.! well of course! for the glory of Satan!

Zygomaticus.7469

IKR! i don’t know why most of the population are complaining about the changes! “morons” ppfffft

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

IKR! i don’t know why most of the population are complaining about the changes! “morons” ppfffft

So youre actually not complaining about changes but about that arrow is bugged and shows wrong places? So when its fixed youll stop ranting?

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Yargesh.4965

You speak of “moron” selected vets who follow the tutorial to their deaths?
what more new players! nudge nudge wink wink

so much for “NPE” “user friendly” changes.! well of course! for the glory of Satan!

What a bizarre response

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Seriously, the leveling change is ridiculous.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

Was not sure I would open a new post for it, but now I’m posting it here so that hilarious vid gets a deserved bump.

Well I got several friends to buy GW2 on release
(unlike me they didnt play GW1, cause you could not jump^^ lol)
But you know what happened?
Because they were all veteran MMO players they left after a month, cause by then they were full exotic due to dungeon runs.
They found dungeons much too easy and were bored to the lack of end game content.

Now before that patch I wanted to get them back to GW2 sometimes and I got the following statement from them:

“You know leveling in GW2 was the best leveling experience Ive ever had in ANY MMO, but once you hit lvl 80 youve got nothing interesting to do”

So what now?
You didnt really add end game content (besides fractals… okay…. lol)

AND

You destroyed the best leveling experience that was out there, the only real PRO for your game, that was still remaining, okay maybe the combat System , ohhh wait you cant use the combat system to its real extent before lvl 40 now.

#ELEtism

(edited by Duran.3196)

Posted by: HandOfKane.5409

HandOfKane.5409

Ah, you are getting the “why is it futile”

If anything this video (and all who “support” it) shows that these “vets” and “pros” need even more handholding than NPE.

Its really funny (ironic) really that those who cheer this video actually prove ANet right.

You do realize that the maker of this video is being sarcastic, right?