This week's special surprise

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

As many of you know, there won’t be an elite specialization reveal this week. Some people have put forward other interesting ideas as to what they might do, such as outline guild-halls or another special feature of HoT. But what if they are patching in the specialization system??

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

On what basis are you assuming this?

I’m afraid not many people will give this post any thought/credibility without some kind of evidence to support your conspiracy.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

What I fear is that it is: “Yay! Closed Beta next week.” And nothing more.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They’ve already blogged and videoed the spec system. So they wouldn’t need to derail this week’s blog and ReadyUp! for it.

My impression is they will be revealing details on some other part of the game we haven’t yet learned much about. My hope is that it will be Guild Halls.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Ditto.

Posted by: Pickles.9436

Pickles.9436

Ditto.

I doubt they are gonna have a closed beta before releasing all the professon specializations. They said no NDA (could change though), so unless they arent in the game yet, those not revealed would be revealed very quickly

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I doubt they are gonna have a closed beta before releasing all the professon specializations. They said no NDA (could change though), so unless they arent in the game yet, those not revealed would be revealed very quickly

It is very unlikely that the first closed betas will have the whole expansion in them. They are most likely focused on specific parts rather than the expansion as a whole.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

lordkrall.7241

But what would a ReadyUp have to say about Closed Beta? “Yay, Closed beta!” ?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

But what would a ReadyUp have to say about Closed Beta? “Yay, Closed beta!” ?

“Yay, Closed beta! Lets do a recap of what we know so far.”

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

Release date? Even if they did do a massive rehash of everything, the release date would make it that much better.

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I hope they talk about the Map Rewards system.

As someone with a the kind of luck that is already dust and worm poop, way past rotten, it’s the thing I’m looking forward the most: Actually getting rewarded for doing things, instead being the guy who keeps alive Jonez and makes the event succeed and doesn’t get a single drop while all the other leeches that almost let him die get all the loot by spamming 1.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I figured they’d tweet out a picture of whatever the reveal was today… but no such luck so far.

Oberon Vex.1389

I’m afraid not many people will give this post any thought/credibility without some kind of evidence to support your conspiracy.

They have stated the spec system will be live before HoT, and whenever they introduce it, that will be what players are focused on — rebuilding due to the trait and stat changes.

Any information on the week it launches will be overshadowed, so why compete with it?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Any information on the week it launches will be overshadowed, so why compete with it?

Because we can handle more than one small piece of information at a time and contribute to more than one thread’s stream of thought?

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

They have stated the spec system will be live before HoT, and whenever they introduce it, that will be what players are focused on — rebuilding due to the trait and stat changes.

Keep in mind that they arent going to release the base spec system when it isnt even complete. Dont forget, engineers had incomplete traits at the time of the current iteration’s preview. Not to mention they’re going to be balancing things as well, such as parasitic contagion for necros.

15% condi→health returns might not sound too overpowered, but that’s completely disregarding the use of epidemic to spread conditions, as well as the condition caps being changed. Just some quick math for you, if they uncap bleeds to say… 150 stacks, a necro has the ability to distribute 600 stacks of bleeding every 12(15) seconds as long as the target retains 150 stacks. At roughly max condi damage, that’s about 200 damage a stack per second. That comes out to about 120,000 damage per second total. With 15% returns from Contagion, that’s a massive 18,000 health returned per second, which comes out to around 70% healing per second. From a single casting of Epidemic.

Posted by: heartless.6803

heartless.6803

Having a portal to magumma myself I’d be excited about a beta.

However I’d just like to know how we go about getting specializations or guild halls either would be nice info. I really hope they go the path that Rift did with their housing, with the massive control you had to make whatever you wanted and no the path of WoW and having literally no control at all.

Disclaimer: Under no circumstance should you take this seriously.

Posted by: Alendar.3195

Alendar.3195

15% condi->health returns might not sound too overpowered, but that’s completely disregarding the use of epidemic to spread conditions, as well as the condition caps being changed. Just some quick math for you, if they uncap bleeds to say… 150 stacks, a necro has the ability to distribute 600 stacks of bleeding every 12(15) seconds as long as the target retains 150 stacks. At roughly max condi damage, that’s about 200 damage a stack per second. That comes out to about 120,000 damage per second total. With 15% returns from Contagion, that’s a massive 18,000 health returned per second, which comes out to around 70% healing per second. From a single casting of Epidemic.

This came out of left field for some reason.

“I’m excited about what they will reveal next!”
*various discussion back and forth *
“Guys they won’t release the expansion without first nerfing necro traits, because of some implausible situation and math!”

But to be fair, if they did uncap bleed stacks to the point that we can have 30k sustained bleeding damage on a target (in addition to all the other damage), that lived longer then fractions of a second, then we’d be fighting a boss mob that would probably one shot the necro, or not hit him at all, rendering all that massive healing pointless.

Posted by: Ephemiel.5694

Ephemiel.5694

Hooray, we’re changing the Dragonhunter’s name!!

Let me dream.

“Would you kindly?”

(edited by Ephemiel.5694)

Oberon Vex.1389

Because we can handle more than one small piece of information at a time and contribute to more than one thread’s stream of thought?

The point isn’t that we wouldn’t receive the information. The point is everyone will be playing with their new toys and there will be less enthusiasm for the spec reveal. As much as I’d like it to be the spec system patch, I realize its unlikely at this point — however I do think they will dedicate a full week to that patch in terms of news.

Posted by: carabidus.6214

carabidus.6214

GIVE US HARD MODE!!!

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

I don’t know what they’re planning, but I do know what they need.

They need to stop with the HoT hype and news.

They need to add content and/or feature patches to the base game to keep us occupied while waiting for HoT to finally drop. There is very little to actually do in game that is new or exciting (at least in PvE, lately I find myself only in PvP/WvW)

We get it Anet, we’re hyped for HoT. But what do you want me to do, stop playing GW2 and play some other game while we wait of it to drop? What happens when I’m away and lose that hype? What if I don’t come back? Please, bring in something that’ll keep me in the game just a bit longer.

- GW2 player since launch.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

I don’t know what they’re planning, but I do know what they need.

They need to stop with the HoT hype and news.

They need to add content and/or feature patches to the base game to keep us occupied while waiting for HoT to finally drop. There is very little to actually do in game that is new or exciting (at least in PvE, lately I find myself only in PvP/WvW)

We get it Anet, we’re hyped for HoT. But what do you want me to do, stop playing GW2 and play some other game while we wait of it to drop? What happens when I’m away and lose that hype? What if I don’t come back? Please, bring in something that’ll keep me in the game just a bit longer.

- GW2 player since launch.

exactly… they already have sab there but refuse to do anything or comment about the situation which makes it even more infuriating for everyone.

great example would be those in the wvw forums, no wonder they are so angry.

at this moment i am downloading tera.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

GIVE US HARD MODE!!!

USE WHITE GEAR!!!

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

GIVE US HARD MODE!!!

USE WHITE GEAR!!!

thats not hard mode, thats slow mode.

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Huh? No new reveal?
Sux!
It´s one of the main things keeping my interest in HoT up, barely.

Polish > hype

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Or, it’s a holiday weekend and they plan to go on holiday too? It’s a wild idea, I know.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

• This Weeks Special Suprise *
  • Previous Gem Store Items available !!

No patch , No info

ta – da

called it first

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

Pff, nah..
Gamedesigners LOVE to work for free and holidays are useless to them.
Don´t you know anything?

*F5, F5, F5, F5 .. on effbook site

Polish > hype

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

As many of you know, there won’t be an elite specialization reveal this week.

Where is that info from?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

This week’s special surprise… “Radiant Retaliation still completely non-functional.”

Oh man… those guys are sneaky… right around the 7 month mark you start thinking it will get fixed, but then they keep surprising you week after week.

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Imho, they’ve got to announce a feature pack that will include the story restoration, specialization update, and something else.
Obviously it wouldn’t come out today – rather, they could spend this week talking about it, maybe even the next one.

Posted by: MrDaaark.2604

MrDaaark.2604

The announcement is that they are increasing the drop rate of Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore, and Empyreal Fragments. The stack size of Bandit Crests and Geodes will be decreased to 10. :P

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Ditto.

this…

but what could this break week be for?

heartless.6803

GIVE US HARD MODE!!!

USE WHITE GEAR!!!

Okay, GW2 Ironman challenge

-no gear other then white
-no traits
-no accessories of any kind
-no professions
-no instances
-no wvw
-no deaths, you die you delete
-no downed state, it’s a death delete
-no de-level must level in appropriate areas
-no grouping

Hard enough for yeah?

ZudetGambeous.9573

GIVE US HARD MODE!!!

USE WHITE GEAR!!!

-no traits
-no professions
-no instances
-no wvw
-no grouping

Hard enough for yeah?

That’s not hard it is just tedious. People want challenging mechanics that require organization, teamwork and quick thinking.

lordkrall.7241

Do people honestly think that they will not have a single closed beta until about two months (at the earliest) from now?

I am not sure how much experience you have of closed betas, but it is very unusual for them to all just drop every single piece of content coming with an update and let people do whatever they want across all that. Usually closed betas focus on CERTAIN PARTS of the content coming.

Therefore it is both very likely and very easy to give us closed betas without having announced all Elite Specializations.
Simply don’t have the unannounced ones in said closed beta.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

lordkrall.7241

That’s not hard it is just tedious. People want challenging mechanics that require organization, teamwork and quick thinking.

And how long will that stay challenging?
A week?
A month?

All in all it will take way more time to develop it than it will take for the players to no longer find it challenging.
Without something that is constantly changing randomly people will learn how to do it, and it will no longer be challenging. Simple as that.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

heartless.6803

GIVE US HARD MODE!!!

USE WHITE GEAR!!!

-no traits
-no professions
-no instances
-no wvw
-no grouping

Hard enough for yeah?

Pretty sure we have that, high level fractals triple trouble etc.

This isn’t a recurring content in the form of tedious rat race instances kind of game. I for one love that aspect. There isn’t constantly new mechanics to learn and then repetitively do them until your eyes bleed like standard mmo’s. The people that usually complain about the lack of challenging content with teamwork and etc. just want raiding and really should be playing a different mmo.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Or, it’s a holiday weekend and they plan to go on holiday too? It’s a wild idea, I know.

Honest question here, what holiday ?

Keep in mind folks that its just barely after 7am where ANet is located.

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

GIVE US HARD MODE!!!

USE WHITE GEAR!!!

-no traits
-no professions
-no instances
-no wvw
-no grouping

Hard enough for yeah?

GW2 Nuzlocke challenge.

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

I don’t understand why people are happy enough to settle with HoT news as “content”
That seems to be Anets motto right now.

We’ll give them info on HoT and that’ll keep them busy watching a 120s video for 2 weeks. np.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

lordkrall.7241

I don’t understand why people are happy enough to settle with HoT news as “content”

We’ll give them info on HoT and that’ll keep them busy watching a 120s video for 2 weeks. np.

Because some people are realistic?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

hahaha hell yea i am rewatching the video for the 120 time already.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I have to say one of the things that really got to me was not being able to try my PS while being well under-leveled for it. It was one of the ways I could make the content challenging for myself without too much work on my part. I miss those days. Can vets get unshackled PS? That’d be nice.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Rumors have been flying around for quite some time that only 3 were going to be revealed and who knows when they’ll start it up again. Hoping it’s not true cuz it’s pretty unfair to the classes who have no idea what their weapon is and can’t enjoy the ability to buy skinz in advance while their discounted.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I have to say one of the things that really got to me was not being able to try my PS while being well under-leveled for it. It was one of the ways I could make the content challenging for myself without too much work on my part. I miss those days. Can vets get unshackled PS? That’d be nice.

/signed.

lordkrall.7241

Rumors have been flying around for quite some time that only 3 were going to be revealed and who knows when they’ll start it up again. Hoping it’s not true cuz it’s pretty unfair to the classes who have no idea what their weapon is and can’t enjoy the ability to buy skinz in advance while their discounted.

Not really sure how that is much of a rumor when they outright stated it last week that there would be no specialization reveal this week. (I also seem to recall an article for the Chronomancer reveal saying that we will get the first three the coming weeks).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

I’m also realistic.
If anet doesn’t release something soon I’m going to lose what little interest I currently have in the game, only having pure gold sinks left achievement wise/skin wins or WvW grind wise…nty
and then when I get hooked on f2pMMO number 6 then realistically I might not come back to the game, I realistically might decide I don’t want to spend $$ on a game that is just going to release an Xpac and then no update for another 6 months.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

My only hope, albeit a very unlikely one is that they announce templates for builds.

ZudetGambeous.9573

Because some people are realistic?

It’s realistic for Anet to release content 3x slower than every other AAA MMO currently on the market? Seems like it is more realistic to expect a feature patch every 3 months in addition to an expansion every 2 years just like other MMO’s do…

In fact I don’t know of a single MMO other than GW2 that completely stopped all content to release an expansion 9 months later.