Those without Legendary's

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

I have no interest at all for a legendary. Too over the top and flashy, and I absolutely detest the footglop effects. I much prefer the classier, ornamental style weapons/armor. They are quite few and far between though sadly.

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

Well I’m still forgoing an ascended scepter for meteorlogicus, but will probably make ascended torches/staves/swords for my mesmer.

I just wish that these past few updates didn’t make me feel farther away from my legendary. At about 190 gold, I’ve had the clovers and gift of mastery for a few months now.. meanwhile storm has more than tripled in price, so I can’t even keep up with it all right now. My friends either farmed deadeye dunwell for their legendary and made it all in 13 days since they had a guardian or thief when I did not and could not farm him, or seem to be handed gold by either friends (which is aggravating) or real life money (which is fair and fine) and seem so much closer than someone who’s been working at it much longer to little avail..

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

The raw money spent on an ascended weapon isn’t ridiculous; the problem is many of the refinements are time-gated and, since legendaries and ascended share a pretty big amount of the same materials, you have to either push for your leggie (which, no matter how costy you think an ascended is, will always have an aggravating grind attached to it) and forget about the ascended for a bit, or do the opposite.
Since many mats overlap prices skyrocketed. So, choose wisely, but really, ascended grind is nowhere near the legendary grind.
P.S. I’m so happy I’m done with my leggies… I wanted another one but I stopped until I deck out my main in ascended.
P.P.S. A random thought: I’m feeling more and more like when I have to go shopping. I log in and look at my list of “what-to-do-today”: daily, x dungeons to get x material, x temples to do x material, check, check, check. Weird. I’m not sure if I like it…

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I’m currently more interested in Tribulation mode then Ascended weapons.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I don’t like any of the current legendaries so I’m not going for any of them. Maybe if they someday introduce one with realistic look and without flashy effects.

I will keep on crafting ascended parts when ever I happen to have gathered enough stuff during my normal playstyle, but not going to farmfarmfarm for those either.

Posted by: Demented Sheep.1642

Demented Sheep.1642

I’m not really in a rush to get ascended or legendary.

I don’t actually have any weapon crafters and can’t be bothered leveling it right now or doing the grind necessary to create an ascended.
I have 4 lvls 80s, my thief alone has 3 sets of gear for different builds and I’d like at least 2 sets for all of them. I’m not completely done gearing them out with exotics and runes let a lone starting on ascended weapons. Might go for one eventually,

As for legendary weapons, in addition to not wanting to grind I don’t actually like the look of any of them anyway. Too flashy for me. Well Eternity is pretty by itself I guess but I don’t actually want it. Generally I prefer my weapons to look like weapons and not be too over the top. Even if I found a precursor I would probably sell it.

(edited by Demented Sheep.1642)

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

I’m not going for a Legendary unless some new ones are added that I like better. I’ll definitely be getting my crafters from 400 to 500 , though, just to do it. Will probably end up with an Ascended weapon or three, depending on how much trouble I have collecting the requirements, but I currently have no idea how long that will take.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

kitten legendaries. That’s what I am doing.

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

ok myslef what have i done well stay awhile and listen.

My names Kenage Achalarus been playing Guild wars Universe since the times of the Kylo Presearing (guild wars 1 beta) i have always try ed to acheave a “ultimate” goal in gw1 it was GWAMM (god Walking amonst mear mortals) i have never acheaved that title. but i Kept playing Gw1 because of my Guild mates and friends.

and now fast forwarding to Guild wars 2 i have played in the open beta first week my first slection after a long Allience talk we all decided in HoD and i have never transferd out of HoD. my first goal of gw2 was simple but complex. get all the professions and get them to 80. I am still working on that Goal. then Halloween comes out witch was the first Major Event. and i even told my guild mates 50 of them at the time that this was going to be a lot better than Gw1 times. then well mad king came and blew my mind. during Halloween i got word of this new teir of weapons caled “Legendary” and i decided right then and there that i was going to start my “Legendary Grind” i played a mesmer and the only good viable builds were Shattor zerker and imortal mesmer both builds used Great sword. and i looked at them both and even watch videos on both of them Sumrise and Twlight i could not decide on eathor one so i decided i was going to go for both of them. then i Herd about Eternity. and here is what i said i knew about the Exploites i knew about the god skull weapons. I decided and took a Vow that i would “*Earn My Legendary”* a foolish vow indeed. i saw my beloved dawn and dusk around 100g then rewind to december i was still on my goal for a legendary all i had at that time was gift of mettal…. that was it but i clocked in a lot of time just running in cursed shore and doing Dungions on the off time. then we get word about a "precurser Scavenger hunt from lindsey Murdok saying she is working on that.

Rewind to end of Dec a dev commented “dont expect a precurser scavenger hunt in Jan.Feb.March updates” my heart sank dawn was at 400-500g and Dusk was 500g.

Rewind to April i decided to start a forum poast i grabed all comments from the Dev about Precursers this and asked what are you doing? no comment but what i did recaved by a moderator made me mad. the moderator shut me down and said "do not engage in staff callouts its agenst the forum policy. so my guildmates who are awsome calmed me down and hade me on a project one i made up and it was “helping people finish their legendary” i put my Legendary on hold and helped 6 people finish their legendarys legnedary i have helpd make were Kudzu, Twlight, the Dreammor, Incineraror, the Bifrost, and the Moot (moot player is still working on).

so fast forward from April. legendary precursers were still unanswerd. we have hade a lot of temporary content that i knew if i didnt get on them and get the Achevement i will never see it agine so i worked on my legendary as a side job. and still helping players with their legendarys. then i hear news that made me excited crafting to 500 and releasing asended weapons and armor (still working on asending my ax) i decided ill work on my asending itoms manly. then on 8/30/2013 i have started a poast that was answerd by a dev. Dusk sold out 1 left. and what i poasted was about market monopoly how can all of Dusk sold out???? and also as some players commented the Legend sold out as well and what i was hoping on the 500 in crafting was they would release precursor crafting so this Monopoly would end. seems like my answer came……….sordof. at a PAX interview with Colin Johnson he said they are still working on it it will come later this year………………. my thoughts were well at least they answerd i guess. i dont really know if i sould beleave it because of “false Promises with the scavenger hunt” but im not going to complane to much on that topic because this is a issue and they are working on it. now keep in mind people i have NEVER had a single precurser drop for me. not even Vinum droped. but im going to stay positive……. I guess…… and keep playing this game with my guild mates and friends.

so here is what i have for my legendary eternity
Gift of fortune
Gift of mettal
Gift of Mastery
10 Icy runestones
gift of battle
45 Charged loadstones
10 Onyx loadstones

Started my legendary hunt/grind/fustration/tears/blood/sweet from october to september that is 10 months and i play everyday. I have Clocked in 3k Hours. so its good to have long term goals but also take my advice earn your legendary dont buy it. Cause whats the point in showing off a “Legendary Bank Account” when pride feels so much better.

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Considering to start saving to get my second legendary to match bolt so its either going to be a shield or a warhorn. I do like the new effects of howler but definitely do not like FS profecies. I might wait to see what the new legendaries will be before committing to the grind again.

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Iim in the if a precursor drops then i’ll consider going for a legendary camp.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Iim in the if a precursor drops then i’ll consider going for a legendary camp.

^ this

If a precursor falls in my lap I might do it, but messing with the mystic toilet raises my blood pressure up to much to blow hundreds of gold trying and maybe get nothing,

Ascended, hmmmm maybe. I’ll collect the mats then see.

Posted by: Draven.7210

Draven.7210

Lots to do besides chase Legendaries and Ascended gear. Too many materialistic players concentrating on gear when gear in GW2 is such a side event compared to other MMORPGs.

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

everyone should craft his kitten to 500, it is confirmed bi Colin at PAX that precursors will be adressed this year, most likely by crafting.
mats are time gated an you don’t want to have to w8 behind stupid time gates once precursor crafting/hunt will be released.
my suggestion is to craft at least a discipline to 450, so you can start stocking ascended mats.
my opinion is that if pre will be craftable they will likely requre an ascended version as a base component + several other stuff.
so just stock on time gated mats, don’t craft your ascended yet since no need to if you don’t do fractals.
ofc ther’s a chance they will requre a whole new set of mats, then you’ll have mats to get whaterver ascended weap you need.

cheers!

Posted by: Draven.7210

Draven.7210

everyone should craft his kitten to 500, it is confirmed bi Colin at PAX that precursors will be adressed this year, most likely by crafting.
mats are time gated an you don’t want to have to w8 behind stupid time gates once precursor crafting/hunt will be released.
my suggestion is to craft at least a discipline to 450, so you can start stocking ascended mats.
my opinion is that if pre will be craftable they will likely requre an ascended version as a base component + several other stuff.
so just stock on time gated mats, don’t craft your ascended yet since no need to if you don’t do fractals.
ofc ther’s a chance they will requre a whole new set of mats, then you’ll have mats to get whaterver ascended weap you need.

cheers!

Crafting won’t be the only new way to acquire precursors so no need to rush to crafting people. There will be other ways.

Posted by: Bloodthirst.6451

Bloodthirst.6451

I like to have some long term goals in a MMO for upgrading my char. Legendary is still to far away of my reach or i have to play the TP which I personaly dont approve off. So with the arrival of ascended weapons I still have a goal which is great. But after looking at the mats required I’m not gonna rush the progress.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

I’m not even going to bother trying to get any of ascended weapons. It’s just another arbitrary and boring grind.

I basically feel the same way about legendaries.

This x100000000

I don’t spend my free time doing something that bores me, it just sucks that Anet is punishing us for doing that.

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

No interest in a legendary and if a precursor dropped (and one has not since game launch), I would sell it immediately.

As for ascended …

Both my level 80’s (ranger and guardian) use a lot of weapons.
My guardian regularly uses: greatsword, staff, scepter, focus. Occasionally uses sword, shield, torch, mace.

My ranger regularly uses: longbow, shortbow, sword, dagger, warhorn, torch and 2 axes. Occasionally uses greatsword

And then there are the underwater weapons: 2 spears, trident and harpoon gun

I will be in my grave long before I have ascended versions of all these …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Posted by: Starduster.9746

Starduster.9746

Thanks for all the feedback guys it’s helpful knowing what the rest of you think

As somebody stated in this thread I agree that a Legendary is a bigger grind than getting an Ascended weapon but at least you’re only going to be doing that grind once

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

I already have one legendary (sunrise) and I’m currently in the process of crafting the juggernaut. Once I’m done with that I’ll make an ascended scepter. I’m in no rush.

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

I sold almost all my useless materials because of the current price hike. I’ll use that money to fund my legendary main hand. Later on I’ll take my time to build the off hand ascended.

It’s more a long term improvement, short term useless.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Flubble.8093

Flubble.8093

i’m going to forget about ascended and go straight for legendary, i’ll also go straight for legendary armour too if that gets released

exotic is more than good enough for me right now for what i do but will upgrade to those legendaries over time.

Posted by: Grounder.7381

Grounder.7381

Im skipping ascended, and pretty much given up on legendaries.
I just hope anet wont shake their heads and really go out of their way to force me to make it!!

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I understand you there but I feel confused as before this new patch I was happy just working towards my Legendary and now this pretty much screws things up

Yeah I know how you feel.

I actually sold a lot of what I was saving for Bifrost and opted to just make the Ascended staff. Materials are easier to come by imo, aside from the getting to 500 issue of tier 6 prices being out of sight. :P But I’m not too concerned, or rushed. Personally I was just never too fond of Bifrost for my Ele anyways, it clashed really bad. So no huge loss for me. If another Legendary staff comes out that looks ok to me then maybe I’ll opt for that instead.

Right now I’m just kind of holding off on “farming” for the materials. Want to feel like its worth it first. No reason grinding it out if there is going to be another tier or something silly. >.>

So just hanging in the limbo. Farming baubles a little bit daily for mini moto and his cross-dressing self.

Posted by: Kitedyou.1720

Kitedyou.1720

I have a question about legendaries…I was trying to see on the gw2 twitch video if they had a “Giver’s” version available for selection.

I didn’t see anything there…

So can anyone else clarify whether or not there is?

Sea of Sorrows
Tjegra: 80 Norn Necromancer
Mefitic: OTW to 80 Asura Necromancer

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

Draven.7210
oloap.9765:

cheers!

Crafting won’t be the only new way to acquire precursors so no need to rush to crafting people. There will be other ways.

sure no need to rush, and sure you can still MF bazilion of rares to get nothing or grind ur kitten to 800g and increasing.
I do really hope that the precursor will have a scavenger hunt like proposed a while ago and discussed with devs, but something suggests me that won’t be the case.
but hey Anet do not hesitate to prove me wrong!
i actually didn’t start yet to craft over 400, but i will, at least to the point where i can start to stock all the time gated mats, as well as i’ll start back to make the charged quartz thingy.
charged quartz has been a trial for time gated ascended stuff, and i bet my kitten that this would be the model for pres but is all speculation.
Anyway, i just bought off the tp the 100 onyx lodes couple of days ago while thay were at 90s so i won’t have to bother in future, have already gift of mastery and gift of fortune, the twilight gift is almost made but i won’t start making it till i have the pre, just in case new legends are better and i want to change idea lol.
now i’m sitting at 40g or so lol.
In the end not much to do beside the pre so stocking those time gate mats can never be bad!!
if u chasing a legendary, and don’t do fractals no point in making an ascended!.

(edited by oloap.9765)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Bit of both in my case.

I plan to max out crafting for it’s own sake so I’ll be doing that anyway. I’m also planning to get at least some legendaries (3 planned so far) but I have 5 characters so I’ll need a lot of other weapons and eventually those will be ascended. But I’m in no hurry to get them so it will be a long time before I actually get any.

The one I’m not sure about is actually an exotic. I was planning to get the Dragon’s Deep longbow from Arah as an intermediate weapon before getting Kudzu, and then keep it so I could have an alternative stat combo and wouldn’t need to transmute my legendary. But now legendaries can change their stats I won’t need to keep it and I’m not sure it’s worth the effort for a temporary weapon, even a long-term temp one.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

So I was wondering what those people who don’t have Legendary’s are doing…

Are you now trying to craft your way to 500 in order to get an Ascended weapon or are you just still going for the Legendary

I personally am forgetting the Ascended since like a lot of others think they require a huge amount of money, effort and time…but what about you?

Not going for an ascended weapon and didn’t decide to go for a legendary because of this patch. Already decided to go for an ascended weapon a year ago. Just never came around to doing it :p

I’ll stick with my rares and exotics.

Posted by: Ommu.1649

Ommu.1649

I’m crafting exotics to level to 500, then I’m gonna flush those in the toilet on the off chance I get the precursor.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Ascended weapons are laughably cheap. I made 20g leveling to 500 and then bought my ascended weapon for 60g. So a 40g cost overall… Hardly comparable to a legendary.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m just playing the game.

I mean, I have goals I’m working towards…like legendaries, but I’m just sort of…enjoying myself. I’m not doing farming runs, or doing the champ trains, or anything specific.

Mostly, I’m leveling my 2 newest characters. And, I’ve finally opted to rebuild my guild, so I’ve been spending some time out in the open world with some of my new guildies, getting a feel for how we play together. Has made for some great laughs and great misadventures – hubby rocket booted off a cliff night before last and died (intentionally mind you), which resulted in one of the guildies running to edge of said cliff and hitting /cry. rather amusing to see, but its one of those you had to be there. Last night I attempted SAB for the very first time, and actually completed world 1 zone 1 and since I suuuuuuck at jumping I was ecstatic, went and bought myself an ice cream cone as a reward.

I’ve been out in the Charr areas, and actually spent some time looking at the world around me. Made for some great nostalgia. I mean, I’ve been out there before and I’d caught some of the obvious stuff, but since I was just ‘running through’ I missed a lot of the little things that I’m catching now.

Just these simple, stupid things keep me entertained.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.