Thoughts on Mirage

Thoughts on Mirage

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Macnor.4832

Macnor.4832

Lingering Thoughts – the range indicator should be set at the end of the forward spin.

Deceptive Evasion – Not producing a clone with mirage! Well it did once!

Axes of Symetry – Not shadow stepping consistly “around” the target. Most of time I was placed somewhere away from the target.

Imaginary Axes – Seek and range should both be 600.

Illusionary Ambush – Again the move is rarely “around” the target.

Mirage – Dodge is a temporary escape! Mirage is a deathtrap! Not being able to move forward the player is locked into the combat that dodge would let one evade. Add a 1 1/2 second “dodge” ability and mirage dodge would be worthwhile. As it functions now anything in the “solid” state will block any escape while one gets aoed or meleed to death. I can hear the Skritt now! You can’t run from Skritt!

Chrono I traited just to get the trait run when desired.

Mirage I would like to give a go but the standard spec is such a solid spec that Mirage has alot to live up to to not equal but surpass.

As I have concluded this with a run-on sentence I have run-on enough!

:)

/wavehi

Thoughts on Mirage

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Mirage looks so bad I’m considering just going Dom/Dueling/Illusion in open world content. The mount will make up for the lack of Time Marches On anyways.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Thoughts on Mirage

Macnor.4832

Mirage looks so bad Iā€™m considering just going Dom/Dueling/Illusion in open world content. The mount will make up for the lack of Time Marches On anyways. —--

Gotta love it! Without some minor tweaks I too won’t use the new spec. A 130 ranged weapon without melee assist gets too irritating especially without an effective dodge to maneuver.

Thoughts on Mirage

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I’ve been running a greatsword shatter burst build with mirage.

Just for jaunt and some extra evade.

So pretty much the same build I was running with Chrono, only ignoring the entire point of the elite spec because it’s pretty much pointless.

Ambush attacks are pretty useless on anything except scepter and maybe staff. It does next to nothing for greatsword.

I haven’t even had huge success with a condi build. Perhaps in pve, but in pvp my clones and phantasms don’t survive long enough to even put up that much condition damage, and unfortunately neither do I.

What’s the point in having this spec that is supposed to “trick the enemy into thinking you’re a clone” if 90% of the time your clones just instantly die from cleave damage. And axe 2 is kind of a dead giveaway that I’m not a clone, and using axe three as a combo doesn’t do any good when my clones are already dead.

I just don’t get the point of a majority of this spec other than to look flashy. Did they even test this spec in pvp? Or just on golemns and pve?

Thoughts on Mirage

Macnor.4832

Axes of Symmetry ā€“ seems to working properly placing one at the target

Illusionary Ambush ā€“ still broken!

I also haven’t seen any evidence of deception. Axe skills 2 and 3 would be nice if they both generated 2 fake clones coming from a triangle approach. The fates would show the damage the real one does without doing any actual damage then disappear on next skill use. That’s a mirage!

(edited by Macnor.4832)