Thoughts on decreasing waypoints

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Idk if anyone else really gives two hoots, but the current trend of less and less waypoints has me avoiding maps more and more. I understand that for some the requirement to travel somehow increases thier immersion, but they always had the option to simply not use them. Not having waypoints removes the option for playstryles that enjoy using them, thus my fast fading interest in the newer maps.

I know with the expansion we will have mounts, but then again we have removed one option and replaced it with another rather than increasing options. That might not apeal to some players, like myself who perfers more options rather than less. Leaving waypoint dotted maps only increases options as they….again….are not a requirement that must be used.

I’d be interested on hearing your thoughts. Do you like the trend and why? or Do your dislike the trend and why?

PS…..I expect the usual suspects to come blast this…..please don’t…. just move along if you’re not interested in a discussion and only want to inject negativity

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I dont like it honestly, now instead of having to run a short distance to an event, now you have to run a longer distance. granted weve only seen one map, but i fear that most are going to be like it to make mounts something that people use, otherwise they wont make it to events in time.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Witch of Doom.5739

Witch of Doom.5739

I hate it. It’s one of the reasons I’m not big on the HoT maps. Hopefully mounts will make the dearth of waypoints less of a pain.

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

honestly this is not even a problem any more at all .given the fact when pof comes out we will have mounts . and will not be needing waypoints any more at all .

its a good thing and not any different at all when gliding came to the whole world

if that does not grab you then look at this way the money you be saving from less wp,s and more mount use will be great

no new system upgrades coming

Essence Snow.3194

if that does not grab you then look at this way the money you be saving from less wp,s and more mount use will be great

That’s valid and not something I really ever considered.

Personnaly I’d be more than willing to part with the gold for thier use.

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Idk if anyone else really gives two hoots, but the current trend of less and less waypoints has me avoiding maps more and more. I understand that for some the requirement to travel somehow increases thier immersion, but they always had the option to simply not use them. Not having waypoints removes the option for playstryles that enjoy using them, thus my fast fading interest in the newer maps.

I know with the expansion we will have mounts, but then again we have removed one option and replaced it with another rather than increasing options. That might not apeal to some players, like myself who perfers more options rather than less. Leaving waypoint dotted maps only increases options as they….again….are not a requirement that must be used.

I’d be interested on hearing your thoughts. Do you like the trend and why? or Do your dislike the trend and why?

PS…..I expect the usual suspects to come blast this…..please don’t…. just move along if you’re not interested in a discussion and only want to inject negativity

The argument that you can just not use waypoints is about as adequate as telling someone who wants more challenging gameplay to just not wear gear.

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of teleport travel. Out of the three main MMORPGs I play (WoW, FFXIV and GW2), I prefer WoW’s system the most. The world feels large and immersive. That said, I was a lot more against WP’s 5 years ago, I’ve grown accustomed to them, but am perfectly happy with a reduced number in future zones.

Dante.1763

I would rather pay to waypoint, than have to run across the map over and over again for different events, on a mount(which yes, will probably be required to make it to events on time) that makes me sick after a short period of time.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Essence Snow.3194

The argument that you can just not use waypoints is about as adequate as telling someone who wants more challenging gameplay to just not wear gear.

Don’t players do this? Naked runs, limited player runs, all one profession runs, etc…etc…

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The latest map, Siren’s Landing, is a great mix: there’s one waypoint and, for a nominal amount of local currency, you can ‘buy’ no-cost/in-map access to 4 more. I don’t feel it’s hard to return to an event at all.

Similarly, the previous map might have only 3 waypoints, but with gliding alone, you can reach everything as quickly as in core maps.

There are certainly a few maps that could stand another active wp or two, but on the whole, I don’t accept that new maps are harder to get around on.

Since PoF hasn’t released, I don’t think we can speculate about how easy/hard it’s going to be, especially with mounts.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Jemmi.6058

Jemmi.6058

Don’t players do this? Naked runs, limited player runs, all one profession runs, etc…etc…

I am sure players will also choose to run across the map. It doesn’t make the counter-argument to someone asking for challenging content any more legitimate.

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

well for you that is all fine and good . but I think for the new players and so forth coming to the game . it would make it more helpful gold wise to have less way points . and leave a few way points open for those that still want to use them . myself I much rather have mounts and lot less waypoints . and I think it is possible to have it both ways . but I am not making the calls the game company doing that . if I was I make waypoints cost only 2 copper in the whole world . even if I cut them down to half

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

The latest map, Siren’s Landing, is a great mix: there’s one waypoint and, for a nominal amount of local currency, you can ‘buy’ no-cost/in-map access to 4 more. I don’t feel it’s hard to return to an event at all.

For what it’s worth, I get that the “shrinepoints” are free once you unlock them, but this mechanic annoyed the crap out of me because it was just another thing tacked on to complicate things. I’d rather pay the silver for the usual waypoints.

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Whatever you happen to save on WP costs will be offset by the fact that you have to spend money to collect your loot.

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

I would rather pay to waypoint, than have to run across the map over and over again for different events, on a mount(which yes, will probably be required to make it to events on time) that makes me sick after a short period of time.

just a idea mind you have you tried playing with settings on low ?? so you do not get sick from it ?? as I know they made some good changes as of late for people to turn off or down some things that make them sick or bother them too much while playing . while still letting other players having it their way too and so we all can enjoy the game .

Essence Snow.3194

Whatever you happen to save on WP costs will be offset by the fact that you have to spend money to collect your loot.

Could you elaborate on this please? How would we need to spend money to collect loot?

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

while you have a point on that . some might not care for it and want to sell the loot collected or salvage it . thus not spending any money at all . even if it was a rare dropped item .or low item even I do think time will tell once pof is out tho

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

Lack of WPs in HoT maps is one of the big reasons I dont bother going there.
I havent set foot in those maps since about 2 months after HoT Launch.
And often the ones that are there get contested.

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

Dante.1763

just a idea mind you have you tried playing with settings on low ?? so you do not get sick from it ?? as I know they made some good changes as of late for people to turn off or down some things that make them sick or bother them too much while playing . while still letting other players having it their way too and so we all can enjoy the game .

Considering that ive never had motion sickeness in this game for the last 5 years till mounts(aside from that spiny thing), no i havent. Ive turned everything off that i can that would affect that, and it didnt help. The only way they are going to fix that problem is to change mounts, or leave enough WPs in that a player can fully traverse the map, in a timely manner so they arent required.(which they ARE a required thing to use for exploration, but the latter would ruin the entire purpose mounts where added.)

Im also not alone in the mounts cause motion sickness, so im hoping they get changed.
However. this part " still letting other players having it their way too and so we all can enjoy the game " goes both ways. If mounts cause problems which they do, then they need to be changed so that everyone can enjoy the game.

another option is to continue to allow teleportation like the new orrian map. i wouldnt mind paying to unlock “waypoints” if i could

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Having too many waypoints is actually bad for the game, as they allow people to skip through it. The game will look a lot more alive with people running around and stopping to gather, help or whatever, which they would have skipped otherwise. The problem is that they made waypoints too convenient. Waypoints are actually supposed to work like flight paths in other MMOs, where you must first interact with one to use the grid. Imagine if you could only revive at the last visited waypoint.

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Considering that ive never had motion sickeness in this game for the last 5 years till mounts(aside from that spiny thing), no i havent. Ive turned everything off that i can that would affect that, and it didnt help. The only way they are going to fix that problem is to change mounts, or leave enough WPs in that a player can fully traverse the map, in a timely manner so they arent required.(which they ARE a required thing to use for exploration, but the latter would ruin the entire purpose mounts where added.)

Im also not alone in the mounts cause motion sickness, so im hoping they get changed.
However. this part " still letting other players having it their way too and so we all can enjoy the game " goes both ways. If mounts cause problems which they do, then they need to be changed so that everyone can enjoy the game.

another option is to continue to allow teleportation like the new orrian map. i wouldnt mind paying to unlock “waypoints” if i could

so you play on the most lowest settings possible ??? and have you looked at the settings as of late . as their is now new settings where you can even turn down the motion on Mesmer’s and so forth . they even have it now where you can turn off all the sounds from other players . that use weapons like the dreamer . and so forth you do not see or hear these no more. but the player using them can still enjoy them fully

you do know you pay to use way points any how right ????

Dante.1763

so you play on the most lowest settings possible ??? and have you looked at the settings as of late . as their is now new settings where you can even turn down the motion on Mesmer’s and so forth . they even have it now where you can turn off all the sounds from other players . that use weapons like the dreamer . and so forth you do not see or hear these no more. but the player using them can still enjoy them fully

I am aware. And my point is i shouldnt have to turn the graphics of a game ive played for fives year down, because of one thing they added. Yes ive turned down the setting a little, but i refuse to use them on the lowest setting because it doesnt change anything for me. Have i tried, yes, it did nothing. Again, how mounts are handled needs to not affect anyone who plays this game.

I am also aware. I am saying i would pay to unlock MORE waypoints than are their by default, so that i could avoid having to use mounts, for the above reasons.

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

I am aware. And my point is i shouldnt have to turn the graphics of a game ive played for fives year down, because of one thing they added. Yes ive turned down the setting a little, but i refuse to use them on the lowest setting because it doesnt change anything for me. Have i tried, yes, it did nothing. Again, how mounts are handled needs to not affect anyone who plays this game.

I am also aware. I am saying i would pay to unlock MORE waypoints than are their by default, so that i could avoid having to use mounts, for the above reasons.

most interesting and very fasting indeed . so if I got this right mounts bother you a lot and think they should not be in the game at all .

meanwhile you got motion sickness from other things in the game but they tied to mounts .

well maybe they will give you that choice . but I will say it sure would look very funny to see in the game

Posted by: killermanjaro.5670

killermanjaro.5670

Well going by the amount of people that lay around dead at events & bosses who refuse to use a WP that’s 30 seconds away maybe Anet concluded waypoints weren’t needed, so decided to reduce them lol

Actually being serious though, I didn’t mind the amount of waypoints in the HoT maps, that balance felt about right, and they were located well around the map, in terms of near events or wallows to quickly get further into the map.

The LS maps which had few waypoints, but quick ways to get around, like thermal tubes or leylines (like Ember Bay/Bloodstone Fen) were fine, but I’m not a fan of ones like Bitterfrost Frontier or Lake Doric, where the placement doesn’t seem that great. Siren’s Landing was ok in terms of location of shrines, but it still annoys me that I have to go through an extra loading screen as I can’t go directly to them from outside of the map.

What I will absolutely hate though is if the PoF maps end up being twice the size of normal maps, with only something like 3 waypoints. As to me that’ll just be a desperate attempt to try and justify the mounts.

I’d also agree with the point of if people don’t like there being too many waypoints then they just have the option to not use them.

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

I wish they would go further, and go back into old maps once the mounts are in and find a story explanation for why half of the waypoints in the world have now malfunctioned. The whole waypoint system I always felt a little immersion breaking from the beginning.
I’m sorry, OP, but I REALLY hope that now there are mounts in the game that they slowly start to phase out fast travel.

Dante.1763

most interesting and very fasting indeed . so if I got this right mounts bother you a lot and think they should not be in the game at all .

meanwhile you got motion sickness from other things in the game but they tied to mounts .

well maybe they will give you that choice . but I will say it sure would look very funny to see in the game

Oh no, you are correct, i dont want mounts in the game at all, but they ARE here, and i really dont see them being removed. I just want either alternatives to using them, or someway that they get changed so that i dont get sick while using them,

I get motion sick from ONE other thing in this game, even gliding doesnt bother me. xD

Essence Snow.3194

I wish they would go further, and go back into old maps once the mounts are in and find a story explanation for why half of the waypoints in the world have now malfunctioned. The whole waypoint system I always felt a little immersion breaking from the beginning.
I’m sorry, OP, but I REALLY hope that now there are mounts in the game that they slowly start to phase out fast travel.

How would you feel about a toggle option that turns off waypoints? Think of options we have to turn off commander tags or turn off sounds kinda deal? That way those who don’t like them don’t have them but those that do….do…<pun unintended but still made me chuckle.

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

Most of the new maps we have gotten aren’t very big lately. The last map had one waypoint but it has unlockable shrines which cost no gold to use and they were account bound too. I loved that. Lava tubes were pretty easy getting around some maps as well.

PoF remains to be seen on how big it is and number of waypoints are there.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Are there less in the new maps though? Putting HoT to one side, the LS3 maps are generally much, much smaller (Draconis Mons being an arguable exception due to its verticality), so the number of waypoints have scaled down a lot to compensate. There are also many (too many!) extra travelling methods with lava tubes and that grappling thingy which also compensate for less waypoints.

I’m 50/50 on waypoints. They are incredibly useful and for a game so accessible as this they are a natural and seamless fit in that respect. They do however, shrink the World too much. It’s not sure how easily we can get places from an ease of game playing, it is how easily we can suddenly get from place to place in the story and travel from Ember Bay to Bitterfrost so suddenly, when the mileage is probably in the thousands.

The problem with the core maps is how we are spoiled with waypoints just scattered a bit less strategically, meaning some are clustered together unnecessarily. I THink LS2/HoT/LS3 does a better job of placement so the ease of travel exists, but the number isn’t too excessive encouraging you to really explore and learn the map.

Tdlr: I think the reduction has been a positive thing

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

Oh no, you are correct, i dont want mounts in the game at all, but they ARE here, and i really dont see them being removed. I just want either alternatives to using them, or someway that they get changed so that i dont get sick while using them,

I get motion sick from ONE other thing in this game, even gliding doesnt bother me. xD

most interesting and I will not ask what it is . and well giving what we know from the demos so far sigh well they be used a lot . will their be other um choices maybe as I recall from the demo their was them jumping things from hot . if I remember right .

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Could you elaborate on this please? How would we need to spend money to collect loot?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Unidentified-gear-Please-No-No-No-Nooooo/first

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Hopefully mounts will make the dearth of waypoints less of a pain.

You got it all wrong: they decreased the amount of waypoints in PoF even further so you will have to use mounts, whether you like it or not.

I, too, am an advocate for bringing more waypoints back into the game, and hope there will be more in PoF than what we got to see during the demo.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m indifferent to it honestly.

I’m one of the people who rarely uses waypoints – I may use one to get to the right map but then I’ll run from there. But I’m also one of the people who has been reminding people from day 1 that they’ve always had that option and if they feel waypoints are ruining their immersion or causing them to miss out in some way they can simply not use them.

I do think it’s a valid point that all of the maps we’ve gotten since HoT are very small and so don’t need many waypoints (in Bloodstone Fen for example the only one I use is the one on the airship because you can glide from there to everywhere else).

But I also think it’s a design decision to make the maps feel more challenging by forcing you to actually travel across them instead of entering right by your destination. And of course an opportunity to introduce alternatives in the form of masteries and in Siren’s Landing the shrines which are a throw-back to how it was done in GW1.

I wouldn’t be opposed to the new maps having more waypoints, but I also wouldn’t miss them if they weren’t there and in most cases I’m unlikely to even notice that they’re not, I’ll have a point I typically enter each map and I’ll learn my way from there to everywhere else and then keep doing that.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Lack of Waypoints has been a issue since season 2 and Silverwastes. Having really only 1 usable waypoint on the map, located at the far ed from most of the meta, is a massive annoyance. I do agree that the base maps were a bit much (although ironically they picked the one Waypoint on Brisban to take offline that we actually need), but the current amount is too much in the other direction.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I hate it. It’s one of the reasons I’m not big on the HoT maps. Hopefully mounts will make the dearth of waypoints less of a pain.

You got it wrong. Mounts are what make it worse, because without them we’d have more waypoints.

honestly this is not even a problem any more at all .given the fact when pof comes out we will have mounts . and will not be needing waypoints any more at all .

Nope. Mounts do not decrease the need (or desire) for waypoints in the slightest.

its a good thing and not any different at all when gliding came to the whole world

I agree about it not being any different. Gliding didn’t make the lack of waypoint any less of a problem, and i fully expect the same will happen here.

I’m not that poor to not be able to afford waypoints yet. And i’d rather use quality QoL instead of it’s cheap and less satisfactory replacement.

Well going by the amount of people that lay around dead at events & bosses who refuse to use a WP that’s 30 seconds away maybe Anet concluded waypoints weren’t needed, so decided to reduce them lol

Actually, lower density of waypoints makes people even less likely to respawn.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

You got it wrong. Mounts are what make it worse, because without them we’d have more waypoints.

Nope. Mounts do not decrease the need (or desire) for waypoints in the slightest.

well not sure how it pan out till it happens .but I see noting wrong with having it both ways for the most part . and not read any post saying you can not still use them or any thing at all. just for me if I can use these mounts and no cost to use them to get where I want to go . versus way pointing and spending 2 silver and 50 copper . or 1 silver and 90 copper to just go to the other side of the same map

ahh I much rather use my mount till we can get better flying . :P

I agree about it not being any different. Gliding didn’t make the lack of waypoint any less of a problem, and i fully expect the same will happen here.

I would like to think so too as well

I’m not that poor to not be able to afford waypoints yet. And i’d rather use quality QoL instead of it’s cheap and less satisfactory replacement.

now I did not say that and I did not mean it like that !!!

well I want to have my cake and eat it too . instead of cookies but I can not get that soo cookies it is for the temps sigh if I had my choice tho it be both ways so you could not have a chance to debate it :P cuase you win I win we all win

that is just like teq event when things get going and for what ever reason their is 20 afk,s and so forth and the map is pulling up its boot straps to make it . its like ok 20 afk dead their not way pointing ahh leave them. and tend to the fight at hand and get your rewards and do not rez them after said event is done . best fix I can find for it .

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I don’t know. From what I see during the Arah event, with the waypoint available and people lying on the ground inches away from it, waiting for someone to try rezzing them in the middle of the fight, it doesn’t seem that it could get less likely.

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Yeah I’d stop playing if they did this.

Hate is Fuel.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

You do know that mounts are only available to those who buy Path of Fire right? Reducing the waypoints in core tyria for the sake of mounts is like forcing players to buy Path of Fire. That’s a terrible idea on any level imaginable.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

The waypoints in Heart of Thorns are less than those in core tyria but they are placed in ways that they cover the entire map. The Itzel camp in Verdant Brink has a waypoint inside that gives you easy (and fast) access to all the Itzel events, the Ogre camp in Tangled Depths has a waypoint which gives you access to all Ogre events. I honestly don’t think more waypoints would’ve been a good idea for Heart of Thorns maps because they are placed in such a way to provide fast access to all events around them. This works because Heart of Thorns maps are built around event hubs. Not to mention, Heart of Thorns maps are smaller than Core maps.

LS3 maps also have less waypoints but they are built around the Heart of Thorns event hub logic. With the sole exception of Draconis Mons, all the other zones have all of their events a very close distance from the nearest waypoint, meaning even with less waypoints, you are never missing an event anyway. Draconis Mons has some events that are really far away of waypoints, but as I said, that’s the exception.

On the other hand, Core Tyria maps are NOT built around event hubs. You might have events at distant places, meaning more waypoints are needed to get around fast and reach events before they end.

So the question for me is, how are Path of Fire maps designed? Are the events scattered all over the place or they happen around event hubs? If the events in Path of Fire use a similar method as Heart of Thorns then I don’t think you will notice that there are less waypoints. Players who like waypoints will be able to teleport to the nearest event hub and start finishing events around it, like normal. Those who don’t like waypoints, will run there on their mounts, so it’s a win for both types of players.

Now if they use the Core Tyria model of having events happen all over the place then I can see how problematic the reduction of waypoints can be.

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

I used to be annoyed by not having a WP nearby where I needed to go when playing the game, however over the last year or two I appreciate it more and more.

To this day I remember the Zones and Paths of the original Guild Wars, simply because there was no teleporting to nearly exactly where you needed to go.
In GW2 there is barely a single Zone of which I can recall the whole layout or even half the content in them, since once you ran through once, you can just TP where ever you need to go.

Mounts will make the world feel a whole lot “smaller”, but I hope also bring back a feeling of exploration, scale and population in a sense.
As long as there are Waypoints everywhere (sometimes 3 within 20 seconds of normal running) though, that feature is essentially useless.

I’m all in favour of 1-4 WP’s at Key points of the map and thats it.
This will make the game feel more populated, since you will actually see people around travelling beside you (and stumbling upon events together), instead of everybody just watching a loading screen until they are precisely where they needed to go, before teleporting away again.

In retrospect, the Waypoint overload of Core Tyria was one of the biggest mistakes of the Core world.
For a game based around exploration and stumbling on events with other people, to have a teleport nearly anywhere at any time, did huge damage to the feeling of a populated and active world.

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

" Not having waypoints removes the option for playstyles that enjoy using them"….
I’m using waypoints cause it fits my playstyle. I’m an experienced waypointer…… Sorry i loled so hard at this.

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

More time required to move from point A to point B.
And somehow a way to let the players make a major use of the mounts.

Personally i don’t like mounts nor time sink, so it is a really sad big deal to me ( though i bought the expansion ).

Posted by: Opal.9324

Opal.9324

I’d rather they not decrease waypoints. I only intend to use mounts when it is absolutely necessary for me to do so, because I much prefer the way my character looks without them. Forcing me to use a mount to get anywhere within a reasonable amount of time would be about as annoying to me as being forced to wear a silly hat. I care a lot about having my characters look the way I want them to, so this would significantly decrease my interest in GW2.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Its fine and absolutely ok, the maps have therefore other mastery based movement abilities received, with that you can quickly move around, so that much lesser waypoints are needed:

Gliding/Leyline Gliding
Thermal Cannons that shoot you like over half the map to every point
Nuhoch Spots that work like teleports
Mounts soon to come, which make your overall movement everywhere fater as if running on permanent Speed Speed with incorporated additinal mount based Spiderman Gameplay with these kind of druid powers at draconis mons (even if it which its just unlimited and not limited to 3 uses, there should have been a mastery, more which significantly increases the number of usages at least from 3 to like 10 or so, if it has to be really limited, at least i see no sense in it, why it has to be limited to 3 uses, unlimited usage would be way more fun and would feel more natural to the map design and theres way more than neccessary mastery points out there to add a few new masteries to the game and still have an surpluss of MP there)

This all beign mentioned, Anet made sure, that there is an compensation for the reduction of waypoints, which will make in the future exploration of maps feel better, more immersive, because peole are lesser teleportign around everywhere only, which maps even the biggest maps look tiny and unimmersive, when you can just reach everythign in an blink of an eye due to too much Wps in the map.

Then there you have also travel to friend as an additional option if you have to get to a point in the game, where no WP is near lettign other peole become practically your personal moving waypoints.

Waypoints are nice, but too many of them were never good for the game, so the reduction of them was necessary and its a good decision.
It makes people realize again ,that the maps are bigger, than they ever thought they are, because they permanent WP usage had let them live in an illusion of map size from begin on.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Flatley.1620

Flatley.1620

I don’t mind the decrease too much but having just one in a map is a bit much.

i75820K@4.4ghz Noctua NHU14S GTX980TiSC
SoundblasterZ AsusX99Pro 512GBM2SSD 1TBSSD
3TBHDD 16gbRAM Corsair900D Win10Pro Corsair rmi1000w ethernet 100 down, 6 up

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

With the introduction of the bounty system, there can’t be too many waypoints, because you grab bounty, tp over to bounty location and cheese the system, and no, having a system where if you have a bounty active you can’t tp wouldn’t work either because people would just keep tping around as other people call out bounties for example. it has to be done this way, for mounts and for bounties.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Im loving the reduced waypoints and the more immersive means of travel. Hope in the future they can reduce the core tyria waypoints as well.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Im kinda used to having waypoints. I dont mind running a bit, but definitely not so long that it basically turns into You died walk all the way back for a few minutes before you get where you were again.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Celldrax.2849

Celldrax.2849

As far as HoT and season 3 is concerned, I never had much issue with fewer waypoints.

Kitten Silverwastes though.

At least we’re getting mounts, so that map will become much less annoying than it already is (not that anyone ever does that kittening map, but will make it easier camping for the mastery points…).

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

As far as HoT and season 3 is concerned, I never had much issue with fewer waypoints.

Kitten Silverwastes though.

At least we’re getting mounts, so that map will become much less annoying than it already is (not that anyone ever does that kittening map, but will make it easier camping for the mastery points…).

I have to agree with you on this fully as well as the same goes for dry top too !!