Thoughts on future elite specs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Taquain.6598

Taquain.6598

Okay so well all know that eventually there will be more expansions and with it most likely more elite specs or classes even a new race who knows. But if we do get more elite specs I would love to see peoples ideas for what some of them would be and what weapon they would get for certain classes. For me I would love to see a “Knight” elite spec for the warrior class. Rumor is that Guardian was suppose to be the “knight” however as development progressed the knight class became less of its own thing and more like what would happen if a Paragon from Guild Wars 1 and a Monk from Guild Wars 1 got married and had a child which is the Guardian. I really liked the whole idea of the knight class and I really think warrior would fit that role because according to arenanet a knight does not use magic. Who else does not use magic the warrior ( even tho they summon banners from the sky and can light themselves on fire BUT THAT’S SOME HOW NOT MAGIC). A knight is pretty much a warrior same as a solider and etc just a different title to show their status . You know a formal thing but ether way they are all still fighter. I think the knight spec if they do this should focus on the warrior more tanky side and control. Because as we all know warrior has alot of control not only that but they have extremely high toughness and regen and if played well like their other heavy armor buddy the Guardian the warrior is unkillable ( most of the time). Ether way warriors are really tanky because they are a heavy armor class. We have Berserker which focuses on warriors burst damage and burning. So let Knight focus on defense,control and support ( or give warrior another element). Ether way I think a cool idea would be to give warrior skills that give them taunts and stuff to mitigate damage(warriors are already good at mitigating damage but the knight elite spec will focus on that and do more of it). The way this elite spec would work will kinda be like how a “tank” in a normal mmo would be. I know their is no need for tanks in Guild Wars 2 but it would help that in a party or a fight everyone getting rekt and the warrior with the knight spec just does some aoe taunt and gets everyone off your group and starts destroying the enemy with its mass amount of defense and stuns and cc. To be honest I dont know what weapon they would give it. I was thinking that hopefully in the future we get different pole arms like spears we could maybe use. Because in the warrior skill list there is art of a female warrior with a spear I could see the knight using that but anyways. What is everyone idea for future elite specs and why ?

Posted by: Taquain.6598

Taquain.6598

I was gonna add some more things but yea most of you should get the point

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

My Idea would be a Battlesuit for engineer ! as elite spec named “Mecha Arec” or something like that… Why ? We using catapults AND Battlesuits in Wvw already or having mechanical devourer suits in silverwaste.Also we got asura’s , which are using their own “battlesuits” example : Mr. Sparkles or Scruffy and we got a pact.So time to combine our knowledge together and there goes the engineer spec , which use a battlesuit and build mostly on your battlesuit.

Additional weapon unlocked ? So far i don’t know , but it should work like a kit as example , if you use that trait line.You gaining access to a Elite skill named Battlesuit or so.So you equip that and use with a 30 sec cooldown ,if you turn it off or maybe longer/shorter,when you equip this you gain 5 melee skills.Like punching , or firing your battlesuit fist,gatling fist,spinning around and knocking your foe around.So more like a hazmat suit almost.

Also if you use that battlesuit you may gain a buff , which reduce incoming damage by 20 % or give you a bigger health pool by 6 k or maybe more ?

Your heal skill would be a drone , that you summon and of course you gain a first time healing around by 6 k ? with 30 sec cooldown or 35 and you summon a drone , which regenerate every 5 sec 5 % hp of your health back , unless it get destroyed and would stay for 15 sec( of course it may would be 2-3 hits that drone).

Then you got some “limited” utility skills , since you enter your battlesuit you can’t use your normal utility skills.So i got so far 3 utility skills so far , which also work more or less as kits and having a 10 sec cooldown , if you unequipp them.First Utility skill would be:Flamethrower

First skill is ofc an easily autoattack with a range of 600 and you turn fists into two onehanded flamethrower ,which make your flamethrower more stronger , than your normal one + it attack faster maybe and maybe on a diffrent colour (?) it may would inflict burning maybe 4 stack burning for 5 sec for each aa.

Second skill would give you a chance to shoot a lot of mine fireballs at a range of 1.200 like 10 fireballs or so ,which detonates on impact and deals additional damage like 3-4 k on crit of course and you wont be able to move around or just slower. 10 sec

3 Skill would be , that you spin around and enlighten everything around you like those wyvern does in verdant brink and also be a firefield. 15 seconds cooldown

4 skill would be a really strong knockback like 600 feet away and maybe daze your foe for one second.20 seconds cool down

5 skill would give you a pulsing smoke aoe for 4 seconds ,which blinds your foes around you. 30 sec cooldown of course

Your next utulity skill would turn your hands into gatlings guns or fast shooting rifles or powerfull rifles like those cannons in silverwaste at camp resolve.

skill 1 is a weak range 1.5k shoot skill 2-3 k on hit with 1 sec cast time maybe.

skill 2 shooting rapidly some projectiles , which bounces arounds , but deals less damage on each impact and bounces only 3 times. Sounds op so that damage wouldn’t be a lot like first hit 1 k second 500 , third 250 ? 15 sec cd

skill 3 charging your cannon and firing a strong laser , which inflichts burning and having a 3 sec or 2 sec cast time + push your foe away or your foes in a line . 15 sec cd.

skill 4 shooting a overcharged shoot from onehand , that immoblize the target for 5 seconds and may add cripple for 3 sec on it ? 20 sec cd

skill 5 you using your shoot power as a leap skill works similiar like jump shot .You shoot on the ground with both guns and knock your foes away also you daze them for 2 sec and knock them 300 away from you and where you land you daze your foes aswell and deals 5 – 7 k damage ? or maybe 10 k, but that daze stuff maybe too op .30 sec cd

utility skill 3 would be a kit aswell , which gives you support for your party. You gain pulsing field around you , which grants boons around you like swiftness and regeneration and some might stacking up to 10 for 10 sec.This kit wont replace your base skills and the duration of this pulsing support would stay for 20 seconds ? and after it dissapear you will gain 20 sec cooldown or maybe 40 seconds cooldown ?
( not sure about the third thing)

and your elite spec will be your option to return to your old form , which make your battlesuit take a position like inactive golems and detonate after 3 seconds and acting as a blast finisher with knockback by 300 + vulnstack by 10 or so and radius of that explosion will be 240.

That’s my idea so far … maybe not the best idea so far , but still i like it and maybe we will gain stuff like that , because i think it is possible !

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Here’s my wishlist:

1.Fist weapons and a monk class. The monk would use fists (weapons like brass knuckles and gloves they will use leather and metal to forge), hammers, and duel pistols. The hammer skills would be like a warrior’s while the pistols would be like thieves’ but without stealth and instead of daze the #4 ability gives confusion. A guns akimbo trait would enable double the confusion application.

2.Rifles for thieves.

3.Warrior with extra gap closers that apply stun or cripple.

“4 skill would be a really strong knockback like 600 feet away and maybe daze your foe for one second.20 seconds cool down”

Problem there is knockbacks are mostly used for griefing events, all that would do is ensure people just getting to an event can’t tag it. I think we need to move in the opposite direction, add a windup time to rapid fire, tone down some damage, and increase knockback cooldown. Ranger has druid so they’d already be compensated for it.

People love to throw AoEs and burst lots of things down at once, so a skill to pull monsters in (like an AoE scorpion wire)

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

Here’s my wishlist:

1.Fist weapons and a monk class. The monk would use fists (weapons like brass knuckles and gloves they will use leather and metal to forge), hammers, and duel pistols. The hammer skills would be like a warrior’s while the pistols would be like thieves’ but without stealth and instead of daze the #4 ability gives confusion. A guns akimbo trait would enable double the confusion application.

2.Rifles for thieves.

3.Warrior with extra gap closers that apply stun or cripple.

“4 skill would be a really strong knockback like 600 feet away and maybe daze your foe for one second.20 seconds cool down”

Problem there is knockbacks are mostly used for griefing events, all that would do is ensure people just getting to an event can’t tag it. I think we need to move in the opposite direction, add a windup time to rapid fire, tone down some damage, and increase knockback cooldown. Ranger has druid so they’d already be compensated for it.

People love to throw AoEs and burst lots of things down at once, so a skill to pull monsters in (like an AoE scorpion wire)

Monk ? daredevil … well i mean they got a bit of each other …

thieves and rifles … always thinking about skills , that literally oneshot everything …

Warriors are already painfull enough …

And yeah maybe not sure , but just an idea.I still like the idea , behind it to have a BATTLESUIT !

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I could see rangers getting a more damage based spec in the next round, probably nature themed still. Gun maybe?

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Alexander.6250

Alexander.6250

Engineer with prototype skills, wich also have negative effects on yourself and can combo with each other when u use 2 in a row.
An as class mechanic the option to put all toolbelt skills on cd and summon a robotic minion based on how many skills were put on cd. (5 skills ->enhanced steam ogre, 1 skill-> clockwork moa chick?)

And I’d love to see a death ray skill that functions like the giant beam you can shoot in that mission where u pilot a pact golem suit.

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

Paragon nothing more nothing less

Though I’d much prefer it if the Paragon had it’s own class as the Revenant is obviously the GW2 equivalent of the Dervish. The Paragon isn’t represented in GW2 which was my main in GW1 it does have one single skill in the entire game that harkens back to it though that being “Virtue of Justice – When activated you and your allies inflict burning with your next attack” other than that nothing comes close to the ol’ paragon.

Echo’s, Chants, and their unique Shouts don’t exist in this game outside of that one Virtue. The shouts do to an extent but the don’t cover all the abilities of the paragon shout and are even named afterGw1 warrior shouts. The mechanics of the Paragon were simple enough..

Chant- Allies in earshot (inflict or do X) with there next attack/spell.
Echo – Whenever a Chant or a Shout ends on an Ally then (X will happen)
Shout – Some existed that shortened rez time for party, less dmg from enemies that had a certain condi, cancel certain types of skills, and so forth like the mesmer it was more detailed stuff and you had to know the enemy your facing and what they can do and when to cast it. Much more detailed/specific/adaptable support than the other support classes.

So either for an elite spec like the TC wanted or its own class my vote would go to Paragon and seeing how Revenant does the whole avatar thing I don’t see why not.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_paragon_skills

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

Thieves should get torches, and be named arsonist. We should have access to burns, making condi thief even more viable. We should have molotov kittentails, burns on dodges, burns on crits, white phosphorous grenades, fire drake venom to give burning venomshare, etc.

Or… We can just be a sniper and one hit ko people. That works too.

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/