Threats by another player...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Isilhgaard.4013

Isilhgaard.4013

Besides using the in-game reporting system, I would like to know exactly what it is that I can do to report this issue. I have screenshots and the account name of the person in question. A player has made a threat towards my person, how will this be dealt with. If I post the screenshots on here or list the person in question’s name will I be reprimanded? I want something done about this. This is no joke and it is something I should not have to tolerate.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I don’t think reporting it here will do you any good. Right click-report, then right click – block.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Reporting the player in game should be enough. If you feel the need to take any additional action, click on the Support link at the top of the page (between Forums and Wiki above the dragon’s head).

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

Right click, block.
Move on with your life.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

I guess it depends on the nature of the threat.

Sometimes this things end up real bad (we all read the newspapers) and some other times people give too much attention to a 12 year old playing cool with his friend on the chair next to him.

I mean,… I don’t think your account name has your street address so I guess it would just be a harassment and not a real threat.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: gorgrog.5720

gorgrog.5720

I know for a fact that if he’s threatening to kill you, you can take legal action against him….but I don’t think its necessary……

Posted by: superbeast.9873

superbeast.9873

Block him, as he won’t be able to contact you from any of his characters. That will solve the issue unless he has some other way of contacting you.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

ANet is extremely strict about that kind of behavior. Put in a ticket here, use Violation Report from the drop down box:

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

You can file a police report with your local police department so they can contact Anet to gets players address then take necessary action. Before anyone laughs you can get in trouble for harassment or from threats made through video games over the Itnernet. Yes it’s a crime!!

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

(edited by MasterYoda.8563)

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

Violations

How do I report a violation?

If you encounter a player who you believe violates our guidelines with inappropriate actions, vulgar language, offensive character or guild names, advertising of cheats or exploits, or any other breaches of our User Agreement or Rules of Conduct, we’d like to know about it. Please use our online help tool’s Ask a Question tab at the top of this page to inform us of the violation.

Here are some examples of violation details that you should send in your report:

The name of the character being reported
The name of the character you were playing at the time of the encounter
The time and date of the incident (with time zone)
A description of the offending action, dialogue, or name
Screenshot(s) of the incident (please ensure any screenshots are in JPEG/.jpg or GIF/.gif format and under 2 megabytes total in size before you attach them to your message)
Any other details that you feel are relevant
We will use the information you have provided to investigate whether a violation of the rules has occurred. If we do find any rules have been broken, we will take action

Guild Wars 2 Rules of Conduct

1. While playing Guild Wars 2, you must respect the rights of others and their rights to play and enjoy the Game. To this end, you may not defraud, harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress and/or unwanted attention to other players. This includes posting insulting, offensive, or abusive comments about players, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, reporting players maliciously, attacking a player based on race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.

Posted by: Isilhgaard.4013

Isilhgaard.4013

Thank you all for the feedback.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Report – block – forget is the standard procedure. You can also use the website support and I think you can attach the screenshots there.

Posting screenshots here will just get your thread deleted by a moderator and your account infracted (which doesn’t do anything really unless you’re infracted a lot), because naming and shaming is against the ToS in all MMO forums I’ve visited, including this one, because otherwise it would be too easy to ruin someone’s reputation by photoshoping a screenshot.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.