Through the grapevine, a raisin said...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

I heard a rumor, don’t know if it’s true….

ANet promised Ascended Armor before the end of the year and someone in game whispered me that they speculate the release date of that is Dec 10th?

Any thoughts?

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

They didn’t promise. They said they hoped to have it by the end of the year.

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

ah, bummer… I had been hoping…

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

We’ve seen the skins by data mining. We’ve seen the mats in our bank tab. We’ve seen the basic model of material used with the weapons.

Pretty much the only reason they haven’t launched is to avoid tweaking the first WvW season. No reason to think they won’t come out on the 10th.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

We’ve seen the skins by data mining. We’ve seen the mats in our bank tab. We’ve seen the basic model of material used with the weapons.

Pretty much the only reason they haven’t launched is to avoid tweaking the first WvW season. No reason to think they won’t come out on the 10th.

We also saw items for the gem-store half a year ago that is not in the game yet.

Just because something is in the dat doesn’t mean it will be implemented in the coming months.

I do agree though, it is quite likely that they are coming on the 10th.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I actually think they will come in the update they push right after Wintersday is done. Somewhere around the 31st. What can I say? it’s still 2013 then ;-)

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: BondageBill.4021

BondageBill.4021

Considering that the December monthly includes a category for crafting (never before seen in a monthly IIRC), I fully expect crafted Ascended armor to be released within the month of December.

For instance, November’s monthly included an achievement for Fractal runs, and they released the Fractal update patch in the same month.

“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Crafting has been a part of the Monthly Achievements a few times before now.

I’ve heard that the December 10th update is supposed to be one of the much larger updates, but I don’t know how reliable that info was.

I suppose, that if that content isn’t part of the update on the 10th, then they could still put it in on the 24th to meet their goal of having it in by the end of the year.