Thx Anet

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

Yeah I just want to say:
Thx to anet for 99 % of roamers in wvw playing thief, because this class is completely OP in mobliliy, perma dodging, DMG output.
Thx for nerfing stability on necromancer, for the 1000th time, so that the necromancer is now the same trash class like the 4 years before hot.
Thx for giving warriors a dmg boost again, because this class just made 10k per f skill cast every 4 sec.
Thx for buffing every patch the same 3 classes while engis, eles, necros, revs etc. are still trash.

Thx for condi meta, thx for blob meta, thx for lags since 5 years on ebg, thx for dont giving an ascended gear vender for wvw since 5 years, thx for creating in 100 hours a legendary armor for pve while wvw ask for a serious skill balance and never will get. hmm… did i forget something?

never mind. Overall thx Anet for 5 wonderful years in this game with all this disappointments I don’t want miss. I am very excited for the next 5 frustrating years without stability on necromancer, with uncatchable thiefes, and completely unbalanced game. CHEERS! ;-)

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Someone’s really upset about something…

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I’m in the same boat as the OP and can confirm there are tonnes of thieves in WvW at the moment making life miserable for soloers with their PvP builds.

Please could Arenanet force Karl McLain to nerf them? He’s been making life worse for everybody else for 5 years.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Serenity.6135

Serenity.6135

Upset or not, he is right. For some reason anet decided to ignore the problems of 2 game modes so they could focus on a part of pve that appeals to a smaller percentage of players. Class balance is just…well it’s gotten to the point of just being plain absurd. In all honesty anet should not even use the term “balance” because they dont actually focus on it, balance is about being able to counter other classes and having strengths and weaknesses unique to each class. What anet does is simply try to pick winners and losers every few months for the sake of keeping the meta fresh or something, unfortunately they fail badly because they simply never fix what they break.

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Five years of being disappointed and annoyed. You gotta admire the OP’s insistence to persist with chewing on the cactus.

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Sly.9518

Sly.9518

Yeah I just want to say:
Thx to anet for 99 % of roamers in wvw playing thief, because this class is completely OP in mobliliy, perma dodging, DMG output.
Thx for nerfing stability on necromancer, for the 1000th time, so that the necromancer is now the same trash class like the 4 years before hot.
Thx for giving warriors a dmg boost again, because this class just made 10k per f skill cast every 4 sec.
Thx for buffing every patch the same 3 classes while engis, eles, necros, revs etc. are still trash.

Thx for condi meta, thx for blob meta, thx for lags since 5 years on ebg, thx for dont giving an ascended gear vender for wvw since 5 years, thx for creating in 100 hours a legendary armor for pve while wvw ask for a serious skill balance and never will get. hmm… did i forget something?

never mind. Overall thx Anet for 5 wonderful years in this game with all this disappointments I don’t want miss. I am very excited for the next 5 frustrating years without stability on necromancer, with uncatchable thiefes, and completely unbalanced game. CHEERS! ;-)

90% aye? Would love to see where you pulled that number from.

And by design thief is supposed to have highest mobility….. just saying the Devs intended Thief to only be a Roaming style class . And all classes received Nerfs hell Revs only received buffs last patch smh.

Thx Anet

in Thief

Serenity.6135

Yeah I just want to say:

And by design thief is supposed to have highest mobility….. just saying the Devs intended Thief to only be a Roaming style class . And all classes received Nerfs hell Revs only received buffs last patch smh.

High mobility does not have to mean being able to essentially perma dodge with high vigor uptime, and being able to ignore soft cc’s, while being able to shadowstep away and be halfway across the map in seconds, and being able to perma stealth with high burst damage from both power and conditions. Thief in wvw is extremely broken.

Shouldn’t there be more of a trade off?

Thx Anet

in Thief

Sly.9518

Yeah I just want to say:

High mobility does not have to mean being able to essentially perma dodge with high vigor uptime, and being able to ignore soft cc’s, while being able to shadowstep away and be halfway across the map in seconds, and being able to perma stealth with high burst damage from both power and conditions. Thief in wvw is extremely broken.

again Thief is supposed to have he highest mobility as per Anet…. if you nerf any of their mobility then they wouldn’t be the highest since most classes have received substantial mobility increases with HoT. And then there’s the fact the Pvp nerfs which hit Thief Endurance regen will get pushed into WvW like that last set of nerfs and buffs did.

And let’s not forget Thief play requires more active gameplay than any other class, most Meta Builds from every other class is packed full of as many Passive Defenses as possible in WvW but no Thief is the big bad boogeyman lol.

I see the problem it’s quite clear especially from knowing the post history of some peopl in this thread.

If Thief was so OP everyone would be running them, but I See more Necros, Guardians and Mesmer in WvW than any other class in game funny how that works isn’t it.

Thx Anet

in Thief

Serenity.6135

Yeah I just want to say:

again Thief is supposed to have he highest mobility as per Anet…. if you nerf any of their mobility then they wouldn’t be the highest since most classes have received substantial mobility increases with HoT. And then there’s the fact the Pvp nerfs which hit Thief Endurance regen will get pushed into WvW like that last set of nerfs and buffs did.

And let’s not forget Thief play requires more active gameplay than any other class, most Meta Builds from every other class is packed full of as many Passive Defenses as possible in WvW but no Thief is the big bad boogeyman lol.

I see the problem it’s quite clear especially from knowing the post history of some peopl in this thread.

If Thief was so OP everyone would be running them, but I See more Necros, Guardians and Mesmer in WvW than any other class in game funny how that works isn’t it.

That is not a valid argument. You say Thief is supposed to have highest mobility so it should be buffed to the point of being broken, and not fixed? Because somehow the class would not be viable if something broken was toned down. This is why people complain about lack of balance. Anet just keeps buffing what is broken rather then fixing it and what we have is a disastrous result that drives people away and/or makes them extremely resentful.

And let me say this, just because some people get bitter and frustrated about these issues for so long but remain in GW does not necessarily mean its because they want to. If they find another game that can adequately replace this, these types of lingering issues could drive these players away for good.

Thx Anet

in Thief

Sly.9518

If thieves were as OP as you claim. Then no Thief would die ever Based upon your statements. It’s Mobility is broken, it has limits, that people don’t care to learn and would rather complain about, it’s quite funny to be honest you take the Reaper designed to be the lowest mobility class and ty to compare it to the Thief the highest mobility class by design and throw salt everywhere, just saying what the flaw in that reasoning is, Thieves are able to be caught even with their as you put it"broken" mobility if it was so broken no one would ever catch thieves, but it happens every single minute.

And just so you know Thief mobility has received more nErfs than buffs especially compared to any other class just saying

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Great to see this thread dumped in a subforum that nobody at Arenanet will read.

“But the plans were on display…”
“On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
“That’s the display department.”
“With a flashlight.”
“Ah, well, the lights had probably gone.”
“So had the stairs.”
“But look, you found the notice, didn’t you?”
“Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard.”

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: kash.9213

kash.9213

“Everyone with overpowered thieves who can kill everything while not being touched, can you log off and get a necro or guardian or anything else right now?”

That’s squad life for my thief, but I get it and agree for the most part, so I’ll go off and change my build to catch squirrely zerg tails instead, probably where I’d find your nerfed necro.

Edit: by the way, I’ve seen a lot more thieves around lately also, but they look like alts, so there might be a lot of people knocking out all their HoT elites before the next round. Maybe they’ll all shelve their thieves soon and work on another class.

Kash
NSP

(edited by kash.9213)

Thx Anet

in Thief

Sly.9518

@Svarty maybe if you didn’t make so many posts about the “Unkillable” Thief “overlords” maybe it wouldn’t get put in the Thief forums…. just a thought.

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Yeah I just want to say:
Thx to anet for 99 % of roamers in wvw playing thief…

Get with the program. Stop being the 1% Elitist.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Thieves do NOT make up 99 percent of the roaming population. I started that exercise of tabulating this the last time this claim made and it so far off base I gave up after three runs. It a number that was just invented out of nothing and by starting a post making that claim, none of the rest of the post can be taken seriously.

With recent changes there has been a spike in the number of thiefs but it no where near 99 percent. I see as more mesmers and more engies as well. I am seeing less rangers and less warriors.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

That’s a bit odd? Someone thanking anet for making their game play experience really bad.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Mesmer is extreamly powerful. Druids are perfect alrounders as warriors are too. Guardians are top zerg fighters…..
The only thing thiefs are anoying is their mobility. Good thiefs are nearly uncatchable and thus unkillable. They try and if they tend to loose they run. So ther´s no reward for the winner and thats frustrating.
When i fight a thief there are only the following options to kill.
1.) serious burst. Kill him in two hits … (power warrior does it)
2.) Condi bomb that kills him if his one cleanse doesn´t hit the large killing stack.
3.) A thief that thinks my ele is close to death and goes in for the kill while not in the best shape himself (especially shadowstep on CD) and ups ^^. (this is like 80% of my thief kills)

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Caeledh.5437

Caeledh.5437

In all honesty anet should not even use the term “balance” because they dont actually focus on it, balance is about being able to counter other classes and having strengths and weaknesses unique to each class. What anet does is simply try to pick winners and losers every few months for the sake of keeping the meta fresh or something, unfortunately they fail badly because they simply never fix what they break.

Yes. Though it’s fairly standard practice among MMO developers.

Here are the advantages from their perspective:

1) It forces players to find new gear. That’s more time they need to play to get themselves back to optimal.

2) It encourages many players to change classes. That could mean more time levelling, acquiring skill points and progressing through story content. Again that’s more time they need to play.

3) It’s cheap and nasty ‘change’. Substantially changing professions by eg. adding new weapons or utilities would be costly. But they tweak a few abilities and traits here and there and suddenly you have to play your profession differently. As you put it, that’s keeping it fresh.

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Go to pvp, things are semi-balanced there. WvW will be always imbalanced, alone due to external buffs.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Zograf CZ.9280

Zograf CZ.9280

hahah,go play condi thief and relax

Thx Anet

in Thief

Posted by: Turk.5460

Turk.5460

I made a deathly chill reaper two days ago. Geared him up the first day and ran guild WvW missions. I solo roamed yesterday and DESTROYED almost every thief I encountered. 2nd time ever playing this character in WvW. And these thieves were silver+

I even killed another condi reaper! Some Platinum Assaulter he was….

howbowdah?

-Fort Aspenwood- [UNIV] [TLC] [ShW]
-Sorrow’s Furnace-