Time For New Armor

Time For New Armor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

It’s been a year and we haven’t received a single piece of armor that hasn’t been in the gem store. I realize that money needs to be made somewhere, and that’s where the gem store comes into play, but you do not need to release ALL armor sets from within the gem store. You have RNG boxes, transmutation stones, and many, many other commodities that you sell every day. You can afford to let us have some armor sets that aren’t in the gem store.

You desperately need to think of the players that do not, or are unable to, buy gems. Whether you like it or not, they are part of your playerbase. They are a part of the community just as much as the people that buy gems every single day are. Week after week I see new armor enter the gem store, and week after week, I continue to wear the same exact armor that I had a 10 months ago, because I cannot afford the gem prices, and because exactly no armor has been added at all. I realize you are adding ascended gear, but I’m guessing 90% of the population of GW2 hates how the ascended gear looks, and I’m not interested in gear that I don’t like the look of.

One of my friends said something that really made sense to me after I looked at Guild Wars 2 from a business standpoint. He said, “Guild Wars 2 is buy to play for the first 200 hours or until you get bored, but then it’s pay to play from then on”. That made absolutely no sense to me at first, but then I saw Guild Wars 2 the way a business would analyze it. You level up to 80. You get a cool-looking armor set that you like. But wait, you see another armor set you like that you didn’t see before. You have to buy transmutation stones from the gem store for that armor set. Another armor set is released in the gem store. Since no armor has been added to the game without the gem store, you are inclined to buy that armor set. You buy the armor.

For a game that bases itself on personal appearance and repeated replacement of armor, that seems like a massive investment if you intend to play the game for a long time. Sure, you can keep the same armor and do everything you need to do PvP and PvE-wise, but the game revolves around switching armor whenever you feel the need to.

What I’m saying is: Please release some armor in the game, whether it’s bought from a merchant, earned through a dungeon/JP/Event, or earned through some quests. I feel the need to switch my armor, but I definitely do not feel the need to pay real money or give you my life savings in gold just for an armor set. I feel that’s not too much to ask after an entire year.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Fused gloves, sprocket shoulders, achievement gloves/shoulders/helm, backpacks…. maybe more, I haven’t payed much attention to living story for a while. I agree there should be more, just giving credit where its due.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

None of those are full sets, Solo.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Time For New Armor

Galtrix.7369

Fused gloves, sprocket shoulders, achievement gloves/shoulders/helm, backpacks…. maybe more, I haven’t payed much attention to living story for a while. I agree there should be more, just giving credit where its due.

True, they have released a few of those, but I’m talking about actual armor sets. I don’t know about other people, but I don’t really consider the radiant/hellfire gear to be a set since there are only 3 pieces.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

I can only wear one pair of gloves, one back piece, one helm, and one shoulder item. While where at it lets gloss over the fact these where not set items but random item’s that really dont match anything…. think novelty

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

It’s been a year and we haven’t received a single piece of armor

oh my bad

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Scryed.9423

Scryed.9423

This guy is pretty on point. The only armor that has been worth the gems in the store was the phoenix. For all the other professions the stuff you can get from dungeons looks/fits/can piece something that looks more amazing than the few crappy and terrible designed sets for 800 gems.
I honestly am shocked that after my 10 month hiatus from this game, the same gem store armor was available with the addition of brahms and phoenix. For a game that needs that cash flow, one would think they would not only be more on point with making better designed armor models, but also something that stood out more, considering 800 gems is like 65+ gold or 10 bucks, to make consumers more inclined to purchase things. Plus if it was me, I would cycle sets more irregularly than they do here, like I said, 2 armor sets added after a 10 month break is kind of funny.
I mean sure you guys just added a new set, but it looks like trash and I hate to say that because I know someone put in at least a few hours of work.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Scryed.9423

Scryed.9423

I can only wear one pair of gloves, one back piece, one helm, and one shoulder item. While where at it lets gloss over the fact these where not set items but random item’s that really dont match anything…. think novelty

Also semi off topic, but in regards to this, that’s why they sell bank space and you can get 192380129380123 other sets of armor to mix and match other things. I don’t think this sentence really fits with what the op is saying personally.

Time For New Armor

Galtrix.7369

It’s been a year and we haven’t received a single piece of armor

oh my bad

Sorry, that was my fault. I’m talking about armor sets, not just armor pieces. “Single armor set” might have been a better choice of words.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

This guy is pretty on point. The only armor that has been worth the gems in the store was the phoenix. For all the other professions the stuff you can get from dungeons looks/fits/can piece something that looks more amazing than the few crappy and terrible designed sets for 800 gems.
I honestly am shocked that after my 10 month hiatus from this game, the same gem store armor was available with the addition of brahms and phoenix. For a game that needs that cash flow, one would think they would not only be more on point with making better designed armor models, but also something that stood out more, considering 800 gems is like 65+ gold or 10 bucks, to make consumers more inclined to purchase things. Plus if it was me, I would cycle sets more irregularly than they do here, like I said, 2 armor sets added after a 10 month break is kind of funny.
I mean sure you guys just added a new set, but it looks like trash and I hate to say that because I know someone put in at least a few hours of work.

thats how i feel its aweful that some one actually thinks these sets are good looking presentable peices of armor that some one should pay for, they are either generic and uninspired or just down right hodgepodge and terrible looking.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Hank.4839

Hank.4839

I agree almost a 100% with the OP. What I hate however, is the fact that like one of the guys above me said, most armor skins look like crap.. let’s face it. I know it’s subjective, but when the majority of the players don’t like it, it’s urging change. And since GW2 and GW1 are supposedly made for eye-candy, then why don’t Anet put more effort in their designs..

And omg, the new armor skins in the gem store are terribad. I mean, come on guys.
The old ones too. I mean, I would actually buy skins from the gem store, if they were awesome.

I play a male human heavy character, and the ONLY armor skins that I like are Tier 2 and Tier 3 cultural. That’s all. The others look terrible to me.

Or maybe I’m just too pretentious. Anyway, my 2 cents.

(edited by Hank.4839)

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Sad Swordfish.9743

Sad Swordfish.9743

1) I’m conflicted. They have done so much with weapon sets. They have added entire sets of weapons every two weeks for months. That’s a very nice and fast time frame to make all sorts of weapons. The worst part of the weapons is that they are all only obtained through the lion claim vendor. that kills their unqieness, gameplay fun of attainment and such.

2) I dont know if you have seen the new ascended armors. light, medium and heavy. People in general have been very critical, and it’s not difficult to know why. People have very selective tastes about what looks cool and what looks yuck. to me it’s pretty clear that the chance of satisfaction is very low.

not only are people angry at how armors look on males/females, they are also angry at how it looks at other races. “this armor is stupid. it doesnt fit sylvari”, “this armor is lame because the helmet on charr looks dumb”. stuff like that takes away from the fact that it requires tremendous resources to model armors for 5 different races x2 genders. not only do you have to drawn, build and sculpt them. you also need to texturize them, apply physics, sounds and effects to them. then you need to check them for clipping. rework. RnD. again, rinse repeat. then you need to add the entire color spectrum to them by hand.

It’s a massive amount of work to add just one armor to the game. and chances are a lot of people are going to get angry. If that takes up 20-30% of the living world resources, would you be satisfied for smaller living world patches to get non-gemstore armor?

I don’t know. I think we need a better way to think about armors. maybe like a competition with player submitted armor drawings.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

I continue to wear the same exact armor that I had a 10 months ago, because I cannot afford the gem prices, and because exactly no armor has been added at all.

T3 Cultural Armor costs over 100g (and is rare quality, so you need 6 extra Trans Crystals for it to be at max armor)

Converting gold to gems, you can buy
100 gems = 7g (from spidy)
800 gems = 7 × 8g = 56g

To me it comes down to the same thing.
Phoenix armor = 56g
T3 Cultural armor = 119g + price of 6 transmutation crystals.

So Phoenix armor is less than half the price of T3.
So if you cannot afford Phoenix armor, then you clearly cannot afford T3 Cultural armor? But that’s an in-game armor…no gems required.

Note that you are looking at “Higher-end” armor skins here. These are armor just for looks.
(what would be called the equivalent of Elite Armor in GW1)

Would you rather they introduce an armor set at the cost of 10g apiece at a merchant?
I do not see much difference between 800 gems and 10g per armor piece.
Actually, 10g per armor piece is 4g more expensive than 800 gems.

Want me to convert it into dungeon tokens worth for you?

1380 Ascalonian Tears for the armor = 60 tokens per path = 23 AC paths.
you get 1.5g per AC path.
56g can be made by running AC in 37 AC paths.
(we exclude the 3 tokens dropped by champ bags, as well as gold dropped by monsters to make calculations easy)
Note that other dungeons also drop gold, so acquiring 56g/800gems is actually far easier than getting full AC armor in terms of time, because 3 AC paths only give 60 tokens and 1.5g each once per day, while you could do CoF1.2+HotW1+SE1.3+AC1.3+TAu.f+Arah3 for the gold reward once per day.
(those are the easiest dungeon paths). 10g+ per day right there.
1380 Ascalonian Tears at 180 tokens per day is 7-8 days of running AC all paths.
56g/800 gems by running the above dungeons can be made in 5-6 days.

Big difference? I think not.

Shenanigans and double standard…
Your problem does not lie in the gold/gem value of the armor, but rather you just dislike the idea of armor being available on the gemstore. You have a problem with those who can simply take the easy way out and throw in $10 get the armor faster than you make the 56g.

Most people are fine with others dishing out $600 for a Legendary weapon, why would they not be fine with people buying a 800 gems(56g) armor?
The armor is still on the gemstore. Take your time and make 56g, just like you would make 119g for T3 Cultural armor.

No i do not spend lots of dollars on this game either, or play RNG boxes. I farm my gold just like a lot of people to get my cool weapons/ascended stuff/legendaries, and do so efficiently.

Time For New Armor

Galtrix.7369

I continue to wear the same exact armor that I had a 10 months ago, because I cannot afford the gem prices, and because exactly no armor has been added at all.

T3 Cultural Armor costs over 100g (and is rare quality, so you need 6 extra Trans Crystals for it to be at max armor)

800 gems = 7 × 8g = 56g

Phoenix armor = 56g

So if you cannot afford Phoenix armor, then you clearly cannot afford T3 Cultural armor? But that’s an in-game armor…no gems required.

Note that you are looking at “Higher-end” armor skins here. These are armor just for looks.
(what would be called the equivalent of Elite Armor in GW1)

Would you rather they introduce an armor set at the cost of 10g apiece at a merchant?
I do not see much difference between 800 gems and 10g per armor piece.
Actually, 10g per armor piece is 4g more expensive than 800 gems.

Want me to convert it into dungeon tokens worth for you?

(we exclude the 3 tokens dropped by champ bags, as well as gold dropped by monsters to make calculations easy)
Note that other dungeons also drop gold, so acquiring 56g/800gems is actually far easier than getting full AC armor in terms of time, because 3 AC paths only give 60 tokens and 1.5g each once per day, while you could do CoF1.2+HotW1+SE1.3+AC1.3+TAu.f+Arah3 for the gold reward once per day.
(those are the easiest dungeon paths). 10g+ per day right there.
1380 Ascalonian Tears at 180 tokens per day is 7-8 days of running AC all paths.
56g/800 gems by running the above dungeons can be made in 5-6 days.

Big difference? I think not.

Your problem does not lie in the gold/gem value of the armor, but rather you just dislike the idea of armor being available on the gemstore. You have a problem with those who can simply take the easy way out and throw in $10 get the armor faster than you make the 56g.

Most people are fine with others dishing out $600 for a Legendary weapon, why would they not be fine with people buying a 800 gems(56g) armor?
The armor is still on the gemstore. Take your time and make 56g, just like you would make 119g for T3 Cultural armor.

No i do not spend lots of dollars on this game either, or play RNG boxes. I farm my gold just like a lot of people to get my cool weapons/ascended stuff/legendaries, and do so efficiently.

I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about. I never once mentioned tier 3 cultural armor. I want armor to be added to the game, without the use of the gem store. That’s all I’m saying here. If a merchant was added that would sell you the new armor, I assume it would be different-looking than the current armor, have the same stats, but it would be the same price as buying your gear off of the TP. It would be somewhere around 20 gold. I can afford 20 gold. Not 56. Not 100. Not 200. But this topic isn’t about prices. I just want armor to be added to the game with use of the gem store… period. Please stay on topic and add positive comments to the discussion.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Inspired.6730

Inspired.6730

…You desperately need to think of the players that do not, or are unable to, buy gems. Whether you like it or not, they are part of your playerbase. They are a part of the community just as much as the people that buy gems every single day are. …..

That may all be true, but what they aren’t is currently paying customers. You were a customer in the past when you bought the game. Now you’re just a former customer who gets to keep playing the game because there’s no subscription.

You got what you paid for and now you want to change the deal by demanding more without paying more.

Stop being cheap. If you want more, pay for it.

Time For New Armor

Deth.4109

…You desperately need to think of the players that do not, or are unable to, buy gems. Whether you like it or not, they are part of your playerbase. They are a part of the community just as much as the people that buy gems every single day are. …..

That may all be true, but what they aren’t is currently paying customers. You were a customer in the past when you bought the game. Now you’re just a former customer who gets to keep playing the game because there’s no subscription.

You got what you paid for and now you want to change the deal by demanding more without paying more.

ive bough gems at least twice a month since launch for transmutation stones and some of the skins, and let me tell you i have payed alot but i still would like to see MORE SKINS NOT in the gem store my self. calling the OP cheap just makes you sound condescending and selfish sir, the original poster is right to complain because in an mmo you should have items you want to earn IN GAME not just items you want to buy.

(edited by Deth.4109)

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

the original poser

Freudian slip?

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Hank.4839

Hank.4839

When I think about it, I would gladly spend money in the gem store for skins, if they looked awesome. You know, if I was like BLOWN away by a skin, I’d find a way to get it.
I’m even sure that the OP would also find a way to gather enough gold to get gems and get the desired skin, if he/she wanted it so much.

It’s just that the skins are.. sad. If they really wanted to make money from the gem store, at least put some effort in the skins coming out of it, since it’s your goal to sell them, not ours.

Time For New Armor

Deth.4109

the original poser

Freudian slip?

thanks for that one i didn’t realize i had missed the T heh..

Time For New Armor

Galtrix.7369

That may be true for other games, but not MMORPG’s. Things are supposed to be added to the game frequently to keep players interested in playing, and so far, Guild Wars 2 is lacking armor additions among other things I shall not mention. I payed for an MMORPG, and therefore, I expect the additions/updates that an MMORPG regularly gets.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

I do really want to purchase cool armors because i don’t have time to grind, but anet is really failing creating a mature cool looking armor in over a year.

Is it that dificult? i want to give you my money . . . why you keep making bad versions of the same armors??

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

It’s really deplorable that not a one single armor set has been added within the actual game in over a year that it’s been out. For a game that is all about looks, not having any looks added within the actual none cash shop game is pretty horrible.

This is one of the things that bothers me the most. Especially when you realize that the thing this game is missing most of all are proper in game rewards, you then see them creating a bunch of new items in the cash shop but none to drive the actual gameplay.

Imagine how much more exciting for example it would have been if the new toxic weapons could be dropped from the new mobs, how much more exciting it’d be to fight the new enemies.

But no, instead the new enemies just drop the same old stuff every other enemy drops. Wow.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Although i would like to have more in game armors as well i would like to point out that you don’t HAVE to buy gems with real life money . You always have the option of converting Gold to Gems if you cant fit them into your budget for one reason or another .

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

the original poser

Freudian slip?

How hilarious

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Time For New Armor

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Also, it’s probably a little bit easier to justify weapons as “free” drops (as the only thing that changes is the size depending on the race), than it is to design armor (which would require several modifications depending on the race) in terms of man-hours spent.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

You want to know why I hate buying the gem store armor ? Because I need to buy the full set. I never care about the helmet or shoulder pads and very rarely about the boots and gloves. So at most, that leaves me with 2 pieces I want and 4 others I’m probably going to put in the PvP locker even if I won’t ever use them.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

My biggest issue with Gem Store armor is that there’s absolutely no satisfaction in obtaining them other than the fact you pulled out your wallet and typed in some information. There’s no sense of adventure or accomplishment or that you reached a new land filled with new, exotic armors unique to it that could be earned by doing certain tasks or collecting items. This is why I’ll never buy Gem Store Armors and I really hope this isn’t how they plan to introduce armors throughout the game’s lifttime.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Ashes.9586

Ashes.9586

I would be happy with an update replacing a living story update with a giant armor update. I feel like there needs to be more basic armor sets across all levels and not just 80 top gear. (It would be awesome if we could have basic culture related armor. For example an armor piece looks different on each race but has the same name/icon etc.)

That said, I would also just be happy with them giving us all the npc armor. Granted a lot of npcs wear armor already in the game, but there is some out there we can’t wear or are our town clothes, which are useless.

Here’s a quote from a post of mine on an old thread about Charr armor that says pretty much exactly the same thing. ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/races/charr/The-agony-of-Charr-armor-Long-read/first )

I would definitely like to see more Charr armor in the game that is actually related to the lore of the Charr. I feel like Anet needs to just expand it’s general armor styles across all levels rather than create new level 80 armor and skins. It would be awesome if they could just take each race and work on creating stuff like the acolyte armor (that you seem to ALWAYS be able to get and use no matter what your level is) only for each race SPECIFICALLY. I would be happy to just have a lore/culture armor patch for all the races (that of course would include clipping fixes) over a new story patch. Heck I would be happy if they just gave us what the NPCs wear!

The Legion Calls

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Honestly what i would really like is some Profession based armors . Place merchants around the world and depending on where the look of the profession based armor would be different . Kryta ,Orr, Ascalon , the shiverpeaks. Why not have 2 in Kryta or Ascalon i mean how cool would it be to have branded armor ? Weight based is all well and good and cultural is nice but profession based could really make ya stand out .

Time For New Armor

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

I think this is an important issue, Anet should be adding 1 set of non-gemstore armor every time they add a gemstore set.

don’t get me wrong, i’ve bought most of the gemstore sets, but this game’s progress is based on aesthetics, so it is important to have something along those lines, maybe add new models to the dungeon sets, or full sets via achievment, not only backpacks

btw, back items have been really lame lately, holo wings were okay, teq wings kinda meh and that back item from scarlet… oh boy, that’s ugly xD I’d rather wear the pink quaggan xD

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

800 gems = 7 × 8g = 56g

Phoenix armor = 56g

[removed for length]

[removed for length]

I honestly have no idea what you’re talking about. I never once mentioned tier 3 cultural armor. I want armor to be added to the game, without the use of the gem store. That’s all I’m saying here. If a merchant was added that would sell you the new armor, I assume it would be different-looking than the current armor, have the same stats, but it would be the same price as buying your gear off of the TP. It would be somewhere around 20 gold. I can afford 20 gold. Not 56. Not 100. Not 200. But this topic isn’t about prices. I just want armor to be added to the game with use of the gem store… period. Please stay on topic and add positive comments to the discussion.

The only armour sold by merchants in game is karma armour, invaders armour, cultural armour and dungeon armour. There is no amour sold by a merchant that costs 20g, so not sure why you would expect any armour added to in game merchants in the future to cost that amount.

But the main point Turtle made is that anything in the gemstore is obtainable by 2 methods: $$ or in game coin – therefore the “some ppl are not able to obtain gems” does not apply, since they can buy with gold. The comparison of prices IN GOLD was done to further show that gemstore armour is actually cheaper or comparable to the end game armour in game – hence the “ppl who cannot obtain” should be happier with gemstore armour than with the addition of lets say a new T3 (or god forbid T4) cultural and not much troubled compared to the addition of a new dungeon armour.

I am really baffled as to what your objection to the gemstore is. Your OP talked about “ppl who are unable to obtain gems”, but this is not applicable as Turtle showed. And when he pointed it out, you just brushed it side and told him “its not about prices”.

So what IS IT about? Saying " I just want armor to be added to the game with use of the gem store… period. " without offering any reason for it is not a good argument. And unfortunately, the only reason I can think of for so vehemently objecting to gemstore armour, is, as Turtle earlier assumed, in order to stop other people from buying it with cash rather than with in game gold. In my book that is not a good reason – it is a rather selfish reason.

Ps: Turtle, sorry for the editing, apparently I reached the max char limit and had to cut out

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Aktarus.5612

Aktarus.5612

I think one year later, its very clear.

You want :

-New armors <<< Go to gems store.
-New weapons <<< Buy keys from gems store
-New dungeons <<< Nothing new from above,maybe reskin.
-Ascended stuff <<< Pay crazy price for crafting them,or 50ectos for jewel (total joke),and daily laurels + gold. Its a money AND time sink, nothing more,to buy gems again finally.

Why they dont give us ascended jewels,armors,weapons and new skins, in real new content (like in fractal for the rings), but with the choose of gem store or not ?

Actually, we have no choice, and this game is based on skin grind,Anet or Ncsoft didn’t realise that they kill their game interest themself ?

And common 10 euros/$ for 1 skin, for 1 tool ect…its kitten crazy,we even need to pay for finish move or reset build,when i think GW1 give us direct build save change,with 100 more time build…Its a real shame.

Time For New Armor

Galtrix.7369

The only armour sold by merchants in game is karma armour, invaders armour, cultural armour and dungeon armour. There is no amour sold by a merchant that costs 20g, so not sure why you would expect any armour added to in game merchants in the future to cost that amount.

But the main point Turtle made is that anything in the gemstore is obtainable by 2 methods: $$ or in game coin – therefore the “some ppl are not able to obtain gems” does not apply, since they can buy with gold. The comparison of prices IN GOLD was done to further show that gemstore armour is actually cheaper or comparable to the end game armour in game – hence the “ppl who cannot obtain” should be happier with gemstore armour than with the addition of lets say a new T3 (or god forbid T4) cultural and not much troubled compared to the addition of a new dungeon armour.

I am really baffled as to what your objection to the gemstore is. Your OP talked about “ppl who are unable to obtain gems”, but this is not applicable as Turtle showed. And when he pointed it out, you just brushed it side and told him “its not about prices”.

So what IS IT about? Saying " I just want armor to be added to the game with use of the gem store… period. " without offering any reason for it is not a good argument. And unfortunately, the only reason I can think of for so vehemently objecting to gemstore armour, is, as Turtle earlier assumed, in order to stop other people from buying it with cash rather than with in game gold. In my book that is not a good reason – it is a rather selfish reason.

Ps: Turtle, sorry for the editing, apparently I reached the max char limit and had to cut out [/quote]

Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying. I am not talking about end-game gear, although that could be added as well. I’m talking about normal, exotic level 80 gear that you can buy from the TP/merchant/quests etc. The normal exotic gear for each class looks exactly the same at the moment. All I want is gear added to the game that looks different from that, but has the same stats. And I’m sorry, that was supposed to say, "I just want armor to be added to the game without the use of the gemstore.

If you need a reason: Look at Justin’s post. His reason is pretty much my reason. There is no sense of adventure, no idea of epic quests, and no immersion when you can simply reach out and buy the nearest cool-looking armor skins. I’d be fine with that if they added armor as a reward for dungeons/events/JP’s/other things, but the only armor I’ve seen that’s entering the game is through the gem store. Meanwhile I’m stuck wearing the same crappy CoF armor because I can’t afford to buy the gem store skins with real money and with gold. The one thing I do have is time, and I would be able to do a few dungeons/events/Jumping Puzzles if I get the armor as a reward for those things.

Also, I do not want to “stop people from buying from the gem store”. The gem store is the ONLY place that new armor is sold, which should not be the case in any good mmorpg. 50% of the new armor they come up with should be implemented without the gem store. The other 50% could use the gem store. Anet could create a merchant, like I said, that could sell it to you for tokens you get from events and quests.

It’s a little depressing that I basically went a year without switching armor, as is the case for many other players as well.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

lol at achievement “armor”… I think they missed all the critics blizzard received when going that way, guess we still have many power rangers around

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

I was going to shell out the 120g or so for T3 cultural, but instead, I bought 800 gems with gold, which ran me about 57g. Gem store armor is within your reach, arguably more so than some armors in the game. If you’re not willing to pull out your debit card (or your parents’, judging from some of the comments in here), then play the game and get some gold.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Eis.6984

Eis.6984

Armor is probably a LOT more resource intensive to make than weapons, so if they can get money for it they’ll try.

I’d be more inclined to be buying said store armor if it were an account unlock under the achievement tab. At 10 bucks a set, they could stand to do away with the clunky transformation stone mechanic.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

I actually wonder when they release new cultural armors.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Neverathome.8349

Neverathome.8349

I truly hope A-net wil read this thread!

+1 too the original poster

kind regard’s

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Honestly youre just complaining. The only way you cant afford 50/100 gold is if you play one or two hours a week. If thats how it is, then I completely understand and im sorry. However if you pure in 2-3 hours a day, and you cant get gold, then youre doing everything wrong. I just made 11 gold doing 3 arah paths that took me 4 hours. They literally throw gold at you in this game. The armor being in the Gem store is cheap and effective tbh. I actually prefer it over dungeon tokens, but thats just me.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

2 of i use … even primeval which i used on warrior looks good.

Attachments:

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Anyone who says that the gem store is in reach and that you need to play for the gold clearly is failing to see the point of the problem.

x:
ANet. New armor, pls. Outside the Gemstore.

I ? Karkas.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

My biggest issue with Gem Store armor is that there’s absolutely no satisfaction in obtaining them other than the fact you pulled out your wallet and typed in some information. There’s no sense of adventure or accomplishment or that you reached a new land filled with new, exotic armors unique to it that could be earned by doing certain tasks or collecting items. This is why I’ll never buy Gem Store Armors and I really hope this isn’t how they plan to introduce armors throughout the game’s lifttime.

This is one of the biggest issues for me as well.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Neverathome.8349

Neverathome.8349

I think the only way they can introduce new armor is with an expansion,this is an mmo after all,ya must have some ladder system otherwise ya get bored pretty fast,
let’s say they open crystal dessert and other zone’s make em level 90 (yes levelcapincrease ya need it)
In that new zone’s ya gonna have,new armor, from junk armor to ascended,new craftingmats,new dungeon’s,new de’s,new dragon,new race,new proffession’s,new skill’s……

I hope what they are working on,aka the bigger project,its gonna be an expansion i realy do and willing too pay for that.

Atm, been there done that and i am pretty bored.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I’d like to see more armors, yeah. I do buy gems every month, and intend to continue to do so, and while I know that making new armor sets is a pain, that is a big part of why I play these games.

I like the variety of weapons being added to the game, but would love to see more full sets.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

More armors, more account unlocked purchases please. One time use skins just mean I am going to be a skinflint about buying gems. CoH had account purchases and I couldn’t throw my money at them fast enough.

HINT
HINT
HINT

Time For New Armor

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

Honestly youre just complaining. The only way you cant afford 50/100 gold is if you play one or two hours a week. If thats how it is, then I completely understand and im sorry. However if you pure in 2-3 hours a day, and you cant get gold, then youre doing everything wrong. I just made 11 gold doing 3 arah paths that took me 4 hours. They literally throw gold at you in this game. The armor being in the Gem store is cheap and effective tbh. I actually prefer it over dungeon tokens, but thats just me.

Or you hate running boring kitten content over and over and over and prefer to have fun. Then the gold costs become prohibitive.

Time For New Armor

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I agree 110%. I’m a customizational fanatic and in games where you’re able to freely re-work your appearance I enjoy experimenting with different looks. But GW2 feels like it’s really lacking in that department. There are a lot of great options for hair, body and so forth, but the armors fall a bit short.
I understand that the game isn’t a fashion show, but I believe most would agree when I say that it makes you feel a lot more attached to the game when you’re satisfied with the looks of your character(s). For myself especially, I literally cannot enjoy myself with a game if I’m not happy with how my character turns out… Drives me nuts. And GW2 really hit me hard with that in the heavy classes. All the low-level heavy armors are chain or scale… And it is f_ck ugly.
So yeah, ANet, please… We all understand there are a lot of things you’re busy with but when creating new armors… How about instead of releasing them all through the Gem store, maybe you release 1 through the Gem store and another through a vendor, whether that be dungeon, karma or regular currency. Because not all of us have more gold than we know what to do with.

Oh and p.s. Seriously, with the heavy and medium armors… Put some actual thought in to the heavy armors instead of making them all a slightly different variation of chainmail. And stop making every medium set a trench coat… Thieves and Rangers are medium class, and those two would be much better suited to tighter and less clunky outfits. Thieves in particular. Maybe it’s just me but, it just doesn’t make sense to have a fast, stealthy character in a long coat…

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

Time For New Armor

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Armor is probably a LOT more resource intensive to make than weapons, so if they can get money for it they’ll try.

I’d be more inclined to be buying said store armor if it were an account unlock under the achievement tab. At 10 bucks a set, they could stand to do away with the clunky transformation stone mechanic.

^ This.

Also, imho, I don’t think you should be able to completely get rid of purchased armor. Eg. if you delete armor bought from the Gem store, it goes back in to your mail.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma