Time Gating Charged Quartz Crystals

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cowguyryguy.6857

Cowguyryguy.6857

As a daily GW2 player I find that even with playing for hours nearly every day, I find myself stopped by time gates specifically Charged Quartz Crystals. Crafting any sort of Celestial Armor takes a minimum five days per piece. At least you are still able to purchase the Bolts of Damask so the time gate window is shortened for ascended crafting.

But I find the time gating on Charged Quartz Crystals to be unnecessary. Five days to craft 1 piece of exotic gear seems a bit too much.

I see the best fix to either be:
A) allow them to be bought/sold on the trading post
B) allow any amount to be charged per day as long as it was at a different skill point

Either fix would allow the time gate to be relieved. I have heard from many players they refuse to craft celestial gear due to this time gate.

Any fix to obtaining Charged Quartz Crystals or even another way to get Celestial gear would be greatly appreciated by all guild wars players.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Charged Quartz Crystals also drop from Wintersday gifts, without a daily timegate.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Wanze so RNG again? What a win.

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

With the upcoming changes… Celestial gear should be removed from the game entirely.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

The timegate to Charged Quartz became irrelevant anyway – the conversion of Crit Damage to Ferocity will make celestial gear useless (seeing as the only reason why anyone might have wanted it was either Crit Damage or Magic Find, and MF got already removed).

Of course that does make the timegating on it even weirder and less understandable than before.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Astral there are some builds that benefits from celestial.
Like my d/d/staff support/damage elementalist for wvw

Posted by: Treborlavok.3504

Treborlavok.3504

Clerics gear ftw. Celestial becomes useless. You’re better off now maxing and mixing your gear sets for better results.

Sylvari Engi- Wait! Don’t leaf!
Asura Ele- Sir Im afraid youre short. Why is it always short jokes. No, youre short on the bill.

Posted by: Kindeller.3072

Kindeller.3072

Clerics gear ftw. Celestial becomes useless. You’re better off now maxing and mixing your gear sets for better results.

Which is probably why an armour set with varied stats boosting both damage and support might be beneficial to some (:

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Wonderful. I just made my full Celestial set 3 weeks ago.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

I bought around 3k boxes during wintersday BEFORE quartz drop was nerfed and got around 85 charged I dont even use celestial

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Charged Quartz Crystals also drop from Wintersday gifts, without a daily timegate.

Yeah, that was a bug and was removed by Anet.

As for the time gating, there’s no reason whatsoever to have it. It’s not like celestial is better than other stats so why time gate it?

Wanze.8410

As for the time gating, there’s no reason whatsoever to have it. It’s not like celestial is better than other stats so why time gate it?

They removed the bug that it always dropped charged quartz. Now they drop regular and charged quartz.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

They removed the bug that it always dropped charged quartz. Now they drop regular and charged quartz.

I’ve never had a single charged quartz since. Only regulars. So even if it’s true, the drop rate is very low.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

I’ve never had a single charged quartz since. Only regulars. So even if it’s true, the drop rate is very low.

It’s true, had a charged dropped after the nerf. But yes, it’s pretty rare.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

In general, I think time gating should be saved up some (maybe store 3 days or so) for people who cannot be on every day. However, in this case we were warned about it back in the Zephyrite event where it was strongly suggested that we do it each day .You can get by with other gear. In a month, you will have your full celestial. It is not that big of a penalty. I have made 18 celestial insignias and still have around 90 charged crystals. I had no idea if I would ever want it, but knew I might want it one day and it was not much trouble, so I did it.

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

With the upcoming changes… Celestial gear should be removed from the game entirely.

When mf was being modified, people said the same thing about celestial gear…but it is still used widely. And people will keep using it still after this change too.

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I bought around 3k boxes during wintersday BEFORE quartz drop was nerfed and got around 85 charged I dont even use celestial

It’s amazing you haven’t been perma banned yet.

Wanze.8410

I bought 10k wintersday gifts during the first day (as they gave quite a bit of profit) and i wonder why someone should be banned for it.
There was no way a player could know that they were intended to drop regular quartz and only charged ones as a rare drop.

I would haven even preferred to get regular quartz as it is tradeable.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

The timegate to Charged Quartz became irrelevant anyway – the conversion of Crit Damage to Ferocity will make celestial gear useless (seeing as the only reason why anyone might have wanted it was either Crit Damage or Magic Find, and MF got already removed).

Of course that does make the timegating on it even weirder and less understandable than before.

And there’s that ‘useless’ word being thrown around again. It does not mean what you think it means .

Just like Berserker will remain the best choice for power-based damage dealers, Celestial will remain the best choice for Support characters – because while DPSers are allowed to neglect all other stats in their lust for moar damaj!, Support characters still have to actually contribute DPS while providing support.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I did too – I was looking for a Wings of Dwyana recipe. Opened about 3,000 before I got it. The 150 charged quartz was definitely a nice side effect, but there was no conniving on my part.

I still charge one a day that I’m on-line. I use celestial on several of my characters AND its one of the few stat combos I can craft that doesn’t eat into T6 mats I need to build a Legendary one day.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Considering you shouldn’t even be making celestial armour, I don’t really see this as a problem

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Timegating Making Celestial gear was a mistake from the start.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

When mf was being modified, people said the same thing about celestial gear…but it is still used widely. And people will keep using it still after this change too.

It isn’t about who will still use it. It is more about whether it makes sense to time-gate an exotic. It MIGHT have made a hair of since before the update. However, after the nerf it makes no sense to time-gate it so extremely.

If bolt’s of damask can be sold on the TP, I don’t see why charged quarts can’t be.

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

I just wanted to throw this in here b/c I didn’t see it mentioned:

If you mine the home node every day, quite often you will get a “critical hit” on the strike and get a charged quartz on that strike. It happens to me about once every 2-3 days, and would definitely speed up your process.

Posted by: Cowguyryguy.6857

Cowguyryguy.6857

If the time gate were to never be removed, the LEAST Anet could do is add a dungeon armor set with celestial. Considering every other armor set in the game is obtainable through dungeon tokens.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

And there’s that ‘useless’ word being thrown around again. It does not mean what you think it means .

Just like Berserker will remain the best choice for power-based damage dealers, Celestial will remain the best choice for Support characters – because while DPSers are allowed to neglect all other stats in their lust for moar damaj!, Support characters still have to actually contribute DPS while providing support.

Hybrid builds are far better for that. Also, for all the stats in celestial set only Healing power is even relevant to providing support – and only to some forms of it, because most can be done equally well by a zerker.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November