Time for a Tequatl nerf

Time for a Tequatl nerf

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

I’m not even certain why he was buffed to begin with, it was a perfectly fine boss event until he got the god overbuff. Now hes pretty much pointless to try and kill, and more and more people are resolving to not even attempt the event anymore. Somehow I don’t think that’s what you guys had in mind when you have him that overbuff. He does massive damage (which is alright) but takes pretty much no damage from anything. The damage this guy takes needs to be increased by a substantial amount.

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Personally I like the buff. Tequatl is a bloody DRAGON. It should be as hard as it possibly can be. I’d be for buffs on the other dragons.

Its not very gratifying to attack a dragon’s foot, taking no damage, and kill said dragon in 5 minutes. Looking at you Shatterer!

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

(edited by Azhure.1857)

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

“More and more people are resolving to not even attempt the event anymore”?

Well that certainly explains why TTS hosted ones are kitten near impossible to get into unless you get into at least 30 minutes early, and even that is pushing it.

And takes no damage from anything you say? Funny, for taking no damage he sure does burn down from one phase to the next pretty kitten fast.

I fully support Teq style revamps of other dragons. If not, then Marionette difficulty is fine also.

(edited by Celestina.2894)

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Genesis Notch.1905

Genesis Notch.1905

Teq is already simple enough these days.

I am in charge of gas tanks. Tink Tink.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Well that certainly explains why TTS hosted ones are kitten near impossible to get into unless you get into at least 30 minutes early, and even that is pushing it.

^

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

And takes no damage from anything you say? Funny, for taking no damage he sure does burn down from one phase to the next pretty kitten fast.

I fully support Teq style revamps of other dragons. If not, then Marionette difficulty is fine also.

I admit, my first thought when I saw the title of the thread was “Lol. Another pug map failed.”

Teq is stupid easy. Has been ever since I’ve been on runs. He’s even easier now that the megalaser actually fires and deals damage. The fact the megalaser fires now means the risk of bugging teq is even higher, so much so I’m considering suggesting some alternative setups at runs.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Leave Teq and TW be. Further events of that caliber should be new, though, rather than further revamps of the existing events.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: goodbugs.5409

goodbugs.5409

Definitely needs a tone-down. Not back to where it was but better than where it is. Since the revamp, I have never seen him go down/be defeated once. I’ve tried multiple times and now, it is a ghost town.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

^this
i’m sure arena net has server activity monitored and it will tell them if it’s good to have events like tequatl/wurm.. or not
i personally don’t find the changes they made to it very interesting.. it’s possible they should have just left well enough alone

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: NEOCROM.8957

NEOCROM.8957

Join TS, request a taxi for a good megaserver, problem solved. This doesnt needs a nerf at all.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

My server group does it every day since they buffed him. It is easy if people can read and at least be able to cooperate.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Celestina.2894

I admit, my first thought when I saw the title of the thread was “Lol. Another pug map failed.”

Teq is stupid easy. Has been ever since I’ve been on runs. He’s even easier now that the megalaser actually fires and deals damage. The fact the megalaser fires now means the risk of bugging teq is even higher, so much so I’m considering suggesting some alternative setups at runs.

Honestly, I had forgotten the cannon was meant to do damage myself XD

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

The problem is people don’t try because people don’t try. Do you honestly think only one server in the entire game can do it? This is this Pavilion all over again.

Read the chat. Communicate. Stop zerging. Think. The handful of people who do exactly this end up in the server and then we have a good 100 wanting their hands held to be told what to do.

Here’s what you do! You hit him! You defend the lasers! You use the turrets properly! It’s the same it’s been for a LONG time and people get surprised that they can’t do it because they won’t even try?

Of course if the content was rewarding at all, there’d be a lot more people racing to it.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Twinbros.5372

Twinbros.5372

He needs Nerf pls

Tarnished Coast. 80 Elementalist , 80 Ranger, 80 Mesmer, 80 Guardian

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I dont’ have a problem killing Teq everyday.

But just like someone else says. You have to arrive 1 hour early…

If you join last second, all the good server is full, and you are left with the….

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I’ve only been on a couple failed runs since the megaserver started. Once people figured out how to get organized on their own, Teq was easy to take down. He’s not really all that hard.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Azhure.1857

Read the chat. Communicate. Stop zerging. Think.

That’s why I love it just as it is. It can’t be stupidly zerged out with 1111111 zerg tactics alone. Please do not nerf Tequatl.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Tequatl is fine where he is. Especially since megaservers now bump up each zones population enough to actually be able to deal with him.

If anything more world bosses (or at least the dragons), need to have their difficulty increased to be on par with something like Tequatl and Marrionette.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Ace.1726

Ace.1726

Threads like this are the reason why Arenanet can’t rely on their playerbase for feedback.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I never had any problem with tequatl. I did it without any problem before the megaservers (I guested to BG), and I’m doing it just as easy now on any megaserver map (without TTS or whatever big guild). It is an epic boss encounter, you are supposed to show up earlier for it. As long as you are there about half an hour or more before the start it will succeed on any map at least 9 out of 10 times.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Azhure.1857

Threads like this are the reason why Arenanet can’t rely on their playerbase for feedback.

Because people just happen to have differing opinions or because people like to post on threads with absolutely nothing to contribute?

(edited by Azhure.1857)

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Shen.9540

Shen.9540

Teq’s difficulty is fine the way it is. It just requires a little bit of coordination and its easy.

The only thing I’d like to see is that he stops bugging out. Since the mega laser fix we missed out on his rare chest a couple of times because we over dps him and cause him to bug. I’ve seen it in a random teq event and our usual organised runs.

Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Everyone who says that Tequatl needs to be nerfed should stop trying to find a good map 5-10 minutes before his spawn. Good maps are getting hardcapped kitten minutes before the spawn so if you really want to do him, just port in Sparkly Fen and wait like all of us.

Tequatl needs absolutely no nerfing, in fact, with that invisibility bug lately, we’re trying to NOT over dps him (yes, this is how full our map is).

OP, you’re welcome to whisper me tonight before the spawn, just make sure it’s early enough, and I will taxi you to our map.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

PUG maps usually kill teq, lately they are usually bugging teq as stated by the poster above. Nerf would just have teq in bugged mode 100% of the time.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: domness.6719

domness.6719

Not sure how someone people are always seeing it fail, I was exploring in Sparkfly yesterday, minding my own business, and then suddenly a bunch of commanders and people started flooding into the Teq area 30 mins before. Completed Teq with 7 mins to spare.

[OP] Optimise

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Trajan.4953

Trajan.4953

Teq is fine. Do you really want everything to be easy?

CCCP….

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I think it’s more like time for the general playerbase to stop being like sheep.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Things like Teq and Boss Blitz are steps in the right direction. Punishing lack of coordination, with very fair and impressive rewards when groups coordinate.

The only thing I really despise about Teq is the time constraint that exists due to megaservers. If you don’t get their at least half an hour, if not one hour, before the event, you will likely join a poor megaserver and not even knock him down 25%. In that frame of mind, the reward is totally unsatisfactory for the time spent waiting and is reason I never do Teq outside of when someone in /g is doing a guild mission with someone else.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: HardRider.2980

HardRider.2980

Errh No!.. Just fixed the Teq bug atm.
Teq as he is, is awesome. Much better then what he was before.
Since the Megaserver I haven’t been on one failed pug run. Everyone knows what to do and gets it done.
Sounds like you don’t know what you need to do to get him killed.
Plus.. to get on a good map you need to be there just after the Karka event before it gets full.
This isn’t a normal boss.. it’s an open raid boss.. don’t expect to turn up 2 mins before the event and get into a full map.
if yo don’t know what to do – read up.

but a nerf… Not needed one bit

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Marcelinho.3190

Marcelinho.3190

I’m not even certain why he was buffed to begin with, it was a perfectly fine boss event until he got the god overbuff. Now hes pretty much pointless to try and kill, and more and more people are resolving to not even attempt the event anymore. Somehow I don’t think that’s what you guys had in mind when you have him that overbuff. He does massive damage (which is alright) but takes pretty much no damage from anything. The damage this guy takes needs to be increased by a substantial amount.

once again this topic teq and the wurm does not need any nerf you need an alliance that learn to do it I am willing to help you.

whispers to me in the game and add me to your list of friends.

Marcelinho.3190
or
Razah

I promise you, you kill it today

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Basically it’s content for those that like standing around doing nothing for an hour or so for 8 minutes of action- so basically those with plenty of time on their hands and those who consider this a good use of their limited leisure time.

I used to organise and command PW map fights and spend hours planning teams, discussing tactics and having an entire squad from the enemy trying to kill me, etc. We used to start forming up an hour before the battle, so I can understand the mentality.

At the end of the day you are not forced to do this content (it’s not needed for map completion or anything crucial), so don’t worry about it.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Duke Nukem.6783

Duke Nukem.6783

no teq is balanced, maybe a wurm nerf or a boss blitz nerf but not a teq nerf

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

He was nerfed with the last patch. The laser now hits him for damage. I’ve gone from have about 1 min left for the kill to over 3 minutes. Seriously, Anet needs MORE of these fights. If you think he is too tough, you are in the minority and just don’t do the encounter.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Teq is not balanced. The entire encounter depends 100% on the contribution of the six people who are on the turrets. If they can handle their kitten, you’ll be ok. If they’re the other 99.9%+ of the playerbase, you’re going to fail.

Since the revamp, I’ve been present for exactly 0 successful Teq runs, out of literally hundreds. Hell, since the mega-server deal, the actual damage he has taken from us has gone down. When it was server specific, we’d regularly see him get as low as 75% health. Since the mega-servers kicked in, the absolute best I’ve seen is 90% of max.

The ideal would be to reduce the open world version of him to what he was before, and then make the “new” Teq an instanced event that can be started by guilds, that scales PROPERLY from 30-100 people.

I KNOW someone is going to crawl out of the woodwork and suggest that the “correct” way to do this is to join TTS, and devote 2 hours or so of standing around, holding a spot, or getting taxied to the map. Bite me – that’s BAD design. Open world boss, in a lvl 65(?) zone, ought to be doable for people who are the appropriate level for the zone.

I’d have no issue with him being what he is now, were it possible to be sure that everyone attempting it was on the same page. As things stand? It’s literally not worth the time investment for the possible (laugh, yeah) reward.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Remember guys, if you can’t stand perfectly still and afk 1 spam a boss to death, it needs a nerf.

We need more bosses to be upgraded to difficulty like Teq (difficult but eventually done by pugs), and less like Shatterer.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I rarely attempt Tequatl because I’m not willing to put in the time required to get into an organised group, but I still think the fight is fine and doesn’t need to be nerfed.

There is plenty of easy content in the game, including all the other world bosses except the 3-headed Wurm. But there is nothing else for people who want that type of large scale, organised fight.

As long as there’s enough people who want to do it for them to keep filling up maps (which they do on a regular basis) they should keep the fight as it is.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

Nerf? Says who? The casuals? Lol!

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

It’s those who don’t know how to read a guide, organise the map, and focus the pugs that want it to nerf. Quite frankly, I should be surprised that EVERY spawn hasn’t got a few coordinated, even through map chat, runs at it, but then…megaservers and pugs…

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Since the revamp, I’ve been present for exactly 0 successful Teq runs, out of literally hundreds. Hell, since the mega-server deal, the actual damage he has taken from us has gone down. When it was server specific, we’d regularly see him get as low as 75% health. Since the mega-servers kicked in, the absolute best I’ve seen is 90% of max.

Definitely needs a tone-down. Not back to where it was but better than where it is. Since the revamp, I have never seen him go down/be defeated once. I’ve tried multiple times and now, it is a ghost town.

Sorry, but I have a really hard time believing either of you.

There are two ways I do Teq. On Sundays I lead the Fort Aspenwood guilds to victory. Throughout the week I’ll often tag along on random maps, or get ferried into a good map by one of the other Teq commanders that I know.

The key to both of these methods is show up 45+ mins early. If you get there early enough and play Megaserver map roulette a couple times, I guarantee you that you’ll find a map with enough organization to at least get him through a few burn phases, if not an outright victory.

But if you treat him like the other bosses and show up 5-10 mins before the event, you will be put into an empty map that fails, guaranteed, because everyone that was serious about the fight grabbed a map and hardcapped it half an hour ago.

Leave Teq alone. There are twenty other afk-zerg bosses for casual play. Even Karka Queen has turned into a 111111 yawn-fest. Let us have our challenge bosses.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

The only thing they need to nerf is the thing where you have to find a TTS group and ferry in to their map by right clicking 9001 times for an hour.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

The only thing they need to nerf is the thing where you have to find a TTS group and ferry in to their map by right clicking 9001 times for an hour.

But you don’t. You’re as much to blame for the situation by doing that. You refuse to try on your own server. Each and every person who thinks like you do is also to blame by not trying it themselves.

Do they need to nerf the game for the players who can’t think or do the players need to learn to play the game?

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Skimmed, didn’t read the whole thing…. That said…

NO! Tequatl does not need a nerf.

In fact, the other world bosses need to be brought to his (and the wurm’s) level, to remove the ‘stand and spam 1’ mentality. These are supposed to be world bosses. They are supposed to be hard. They are supposed to require some tactics, some general understanding of the mechanics.

It is completely doable by pugs (first hand experience here). The more people talk politely in chat (less kittening, less blame), the better a run tends to go usually.

If you hit an instance where there aren’t enough people… maybe try rallying a few to the cause. Pop into LA, Gendarren, DR, etc and post a message in chat. People do come.

Sadly. I only get to do Teq on weekends because his timing just plain sucks for me ( I’m either driving to work, at work, or sleeping during his spawn times during the week).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

Basically it’s content for those that like standing around doing nothing for an hour or so for 8 minutes of action- so basically those with plenty of time on their hands and those who consider this a good use of their limited leisure time.

This is why I don’t do tequatl, not because it’s hard, but because I have better things to do than stand around while some commander explains the strats for the umpteenth time, when really everything can be covered in about 2 minutes.

If anything, what needs to be fixed about tequatl is the need to show up 30 minutes or more before the event starts, like mechanisms that allowed absolutely anyone in the area to quickly ascertain what turrets had operators, how many people are at turrets defending, etc etc, not some commander running around take a visual count and directing 5 man parties to form for different tasks. A nice UI could handle all of this much easier.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

The key to both of these methods is show up 45+ mins early. If you get there early enough and play Megaserver map roulette a couple times, I guarantee you that you’ll find a map with enough organization to at least get him through a few burn phases, if not an outright victory.

Sorry, but this is kitten poor design. It’s not different than showing up hours early for a WoW raid. I can understand showing up a few mins early, that’s fine.

Granted, this isn’t necessarily a problem with the fight itself, but of the bad design that forces someone to show up really early just to hold their spot on the map.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Celestina.2894

It’s honestly not the “casuals” (I honestly hate that word). It’s the people who don’t want to learn and adapt.

Hell if those people actually learned, TTS would not even be a thing, or at least not be as big as it is. Some of these PUGs do exist in fact, but not enough.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Is this a trolling post???
If not, Im sorry I accused you like that

Anyway, most servers do as much damage do tequatl, that it bugs out, starting a new phase before the previous one is over.
This means that the dragon disappears untill the next phase starts, and cant be stunned.
He deals no damage to the zerg, but takes less damage from the zerg.
The raid can still be done successfully, its just a bit more risky.
So if you have a decent zerg, you have to command STOP before the DPS phase ends…
And many, many tequatl raids are done with 6 minutes left on the timer.

Tequatl got pretty easy, and can be done with 1 decent and 1-3 support commanders, if they have a decent turret man and a turret defense.

Please, DON’T nerf it. I enjoy the tiny bit of challenge left in the game.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Not this again …

I guess the 800+ Tequatl kills TxS has done since last Sept are all pointless …

As someone already pointed out, Tequatl is stupid easy to kill.
If you do not know how to kill Teq and cannot be kitten d to read a guide and organise, stay out of the map when the event spawns.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This is what needs changing, not the dynamics of the Teq fight.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

I KNOW someone is going to crawl out of the woodwork and suggest that the “correct” way to do this is to join TTS, and devote 2 hours or so of standing around, holding a spot, or getting taxied to the map. Bite me – that’s BAD design. Open world boss, in a lvl 65(?) zone, ought to be doable for people who are the appropriate level for the zone.

I’d have no issue with him being what he is now, were it possible to be sure that everyone attempting it was on the same page. As things stand? It’s literally not worth the time investment for the possible (laugh, yeah) reward.

and

This is what needs changing, not the dynamics of the Teq fight.

Okay, again.
Tequatl is doable if everyone comes just 15mn in advance.
Its HARDER, its less comfortable mainly for commanders. Its a rush and its more risky.
But its still very much doable and im the proof.
Ive come a few times 14-20 minutes in advance. Other times maximum 30mn in advance. And I’m a commander there, half of the map arrives after behe (5-10 mn in advance) and it still can be done with 3-6 minutes left on the timer.

This is a challenging boss that needs organization, is really 15-30 minutes in advance too much? Heh..

Just add me if you’are on one of EU servers, I sometimes do the early morning one (4 am GMT+2 thats germany, france etc, 3 am for england). And if Im online 20 minutes before, I probably organize the second or third map.

Even though I know few ppl on raid thats capped 30-40 minutes in advance and I could be taxied to the easy-mode one, I want to do my own raid, which usually fails when Im not there, as others told me… (the one thats not full 5-10mn before it starts)
IMO this game needs more communicative commanders, not just silent tags.

(edited by Harny.6012)

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Soren.9316

Soren.9316

stale.9785

Teq is not balanced. The entire encounter depends 100% on the contribution of the six people who are on the turrets. If they can handle their kitten, you’ll be ok. If they’re the other 99.9%+ of the playerbase, you’re going to fail.

Umm for the record Teq can totally be killed with no defense teams or turrets…. we did it on a wild wednesday =p

IGN: Soren the Always Lost
Gaiscioch Family [GSCH]

(edited by Soren.9316)