Time for a Tequatl nerf

Time for a Tequatl nerf

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

The key to both of these methods is show up 45+ mins early. If you get there early enough and play Megaserver map roulette a couple times, I guarantee you that you’ll find a map with enough organization to at least get him through a few burn phases, if not an outright victory.

Sorry, but this is kitten poor design. It’s not different than showing up hours early for a WoW raid. I can understand showing up a few mins early, that’s fine.

Granted, this isn’t necessarily a problem with the fight itself, but of the bad design that forces someone to show up really early just to hold their spot on the map.

No it isn’t. This is the same as the old system where you have a window. The only reason why people got in was because of the API and the low demand. If you compare it to how it was before the nerf to the daily chest where you can do it per character. That was when you have to show up early otherwise you get hit into overflow. So idea has been around forever there just wasn’t enough demand to hardcap a map so people can just show up at the last minute.

For world bosses people should expect to show up 30 minutes before in order to coordinate. A few minutes won’t do for anything coordinated. You have to explain stuff to the new players. Get numbers. Set up teams. A few minutes won’t be able to do that. 30 minutes is more than enough time. The fact of the matter is that most maps get capped because people want to do this. On top of the fact that the boss timer makes it so that everyone comes in at one time since the next spawn is many many hours away (blame ArenaNet for these spawn times). Previous to the megaserver I believe you can get in TTS Tequ much easier than you can now.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: UnOvertime.9076

UnOvertime.9076

Teq does not need a nerf, he is fairly simple with organization. The bugged event with invisible Teq is the most frustrating part now because you have to watch you do not overburn. That is the only thing I see needs to be fixed with the event.

The issue most seem to have is getting that organization or the time spent sitting the map for 30-45 minutes. I admit, I do dislike that portion of the event, but it is what is necessary to find a successful map. I am lucky in that we usually have a map picked out in guild and we all join that map, but I understand not everyone has that luxury. Showing up just after the last world event in the timer before Teq is almost a guaranteed fail, all the organized maps are full by then. Show up 30 minutes before hand: get ready for work the next day, turn on netflix, or browse the internet while you wait.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: rincewind.9528

rincewind.9528

Teq is an event for the hardcore crown. If you nerf it, you gonna ruin it for those than enjoy having to organize and plan and execute the plan.

I don’t like that kind of stuff, so I avoid it. But people that enjoy it should be able to doing it.

Maybe doint a Teq lite for the casual crown with other timer…

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Ohai! This thread again.

Sorry mate, but Tequatl isn’t meant for Casuals. It’s meant for coordinated groups. If you’re interested in getting a kill, TTS kills him multiple times daily in NA. We’ve got it down to a science. Kills with no Turrets. Kills with only melee attacks. Kills with only pets and minions. Kills with only white weapons. Kills with no armor.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: calyx.9086

calyx.9086

The key to both of these methods is show up 45+ mins early. If you get there early enough and play Megaserver map roulette a couple times, I guarantee you that you’ll find a map with enough organization to at least get him through a few burn phases, if not an outright victory.

Sorry, but this is kitten poor design. It’s not different than showing up hours early for a WoW raid. I can understand showing up a few mins early, that’s fine.

Granted, this isn’t necessarily a problem with the fight itself, but of the bad design that forces someone to show up really early just to hold their spot on the map.

For world bosses people should expect to show up 30 minutes before in order to coordinate. A few minutes won’t do for anything coordinated. You have to explain stuff to the new players. Get numbers. Set up teams. A few minutes won’t be able to do that. 30 minutes is more than enough time. The fact of the matter is that most maps get capped because people want to do this. On top of the fact that the boss timer makes it so that everyone comes in at one time since the next spawn is many many hours away (blame ArenaNet for these spawn times). Previous to the megaserver I believe you can get in TTS Tequ much easier than you can now.

Then we will just have to agree to disagree. If other people think it’s worth waiting around for 30 minutes before a fight starts for some crappy rng chances at some ascended boxes, then more power to them, but I have better things to do with my time. About the only thing good that comes from Teq is the karma, and I can get just as much karma from doing quick fractal in the same amount of time it takes you to (over)explain a fight.

Also, the map gets capped because it’s like the one PVE encounter that actually caters to people wearing PVT and honestly requires very little skill once you understand the the very simple mechanics. Because it’s based almost entirely on simple mechanics that require some basic organization and communication, it works really well for the casual player base.

Not criticizing at all here, I’m sincerely glad there’s content for every type of player to enjoy and successfully complete.

(edited by calyx.9086)

Time for a Tequatl nerf

calyx.9086

Ohai! This thread again.

Sorry mate, but Tequatl isn’t meant for Casuals. It’s meant for coordinated groups. If you’re interested in getting a kill, TTS kills him multiple times daily in NA. We’ve got it down to a science. Kills with no Turrets. Kills with only melee attacks. Kills with only pets and minions. Kills with only white weapons. Kills with no armor.

Wrong. Tequatl was completely designed for casuals who know that they need to have some basic communication so that all of the mechanics of the fight are properly handled.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

rincewind.9528

Ohai! This thread again.

Kills with no amor?
Oh guys, you’re so lewd!!!

Time for a Tequatl nerf

rincewind.9528

Ohai! This thread again.

Wrong. Tequatl was completely designed for casuals who know that they need to have some basic communication so that all of the mechanics of the fight are properly handled.

You’re too hardcore for this. You need raids. Ask anet for raids. Trust me.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

People want harder content, then they want to nerf the harder content. What they want is herder mindless zerg content. No thank you.

I prefer the harder, more cooperative – THINKING type of content. Leave Teq the way it is.

Right – RAIDS are for hardcore people so don’t bring them into GW2 please. They don’t take much thinking either – they are just trinity zerg mechanics. I want none of the attitude that goes with them, either.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

rincewind.9528

People want harder content, then they want to nerf the harder content. What they want is herder mindless zerg content. No thank you.

I prefer the harder, more cooperative – THINKING type of content. Leave Teq the way it is.

Right – RAIDS are for hardcore people so don’t bring them into GW2 please. They don’t take much thinking either – they are just trinity zerg mechanics. I want none of the attitude that goes with them, either.

Different people like different things. It’s not that hard, seriously.

And if you want THINKING type of content… well, you’re playing the wrong game… even the wrong genre.

And it’s too late, the attitude is already here. In big quantities. You don’t play the game? Just stop and check what people are saying.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

^ This ^

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Teq is not balanced. The entire encounter depends 100% on the contribution of the six people who are on the turrets. If they can handle their kitten, you’ll be ok. If they’re the other 99.9%+ of the playerbase, you’re going to fail.

Umm for the record Teq can totally be killed with no defense teams or turrets…. we did it on a wild wednesday =p

Fixed the post for one of our leaders. And I do believe a day or two the record was reestablished at 11:30-something remaining on the clock.

• 11:3x remaining on clock: Record kill by TTS
  • 10:34 remaining on clock: Record kill set and beaten by TTS
  • 9:46 remaining on clock: Record kill set and beaten by TTS
  • 9:30 remaining on clock: Record kill set and beaten by TTS

Cant wait to see the current record beaten again.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

Our guild is still taking it down nightly, it has been on farm status for months now.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Time for an average player-skill buff.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Time for a Tequatl nerf

calyx.9086

Ohai! This thread again.

You’re too hardcore for this. You need raids. Ask anet for raids. Trust me.

Eww I don’t want raids, I prefer not having to organize anything more than our 5 man dungeon runs. Guild missions already test my patience with the amount of people not paying attention or responding.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

And if you want THINKING type of content… well, you’re playing the wrong game… even the wrong genre.

And it’s too late, the attitude is already here. In big quantities. You don’t play the game? Just stop and check what people are saying.

The point is the attitude is here in the forum, don’t see it in game at all.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

rincewind.9528

The point is the attitude is here in the forum, don’t see it in game at all.

Nope. It’s in the game. In certain zones. And by certain kind of players.
Luckily for every toxic player there are other nice and helpful. But the toxic ones are the one remembered.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Smooth Penguin.5294

Ohai! This thread again.

Anet Devs beg to differ. They made this fight for us 1%. But that doesn’t mean Casuals aren’t allowed to have fun. We have pugs who tag along with us on both Teq and the Great Wurm runs.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

calyx.9086

Ohai! This thread again.

Anet Devs beg to differ. They made this fight for us 1%. But that doesn’t mean Casuals aren’t allowed to have fun. We have pugs who tag along with us on both Teq and the Great Wurm runs.

They made this fight for casuals who wanted something that required a bit more complexity and organization, yes. Just because it requires three separate roles (turrets, turret defenders, main dps zerg) doesn’t mean it’s still not aimed at your casual player who loves themselves a fight that actually puts their PVT gear to practical use.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

The only thing Tequatl needs is bugfixes. I don’t understand why people want to get rid of every single challenge in the game.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

But just like someone else says. You have to arrive 1 hour early…

This is what needs changing, not the dynamics of the Teq fight.

Yeah, ’cause who in their right mind ever arrives early for anything important?

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Time for a Tequatl nerf

calyx.9086

There’s a huge difference between arriving 5-10 minutes early and arriving 30 minutes to an hour early. I can’t think of one job interview or other important real life event where I felt it was necessary to show up an hour early and stand around.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

IMO he just needs bug fixes, and most importantly of all, scaling fixes. I’d like to see a group of 20 down him (if they’re all on the ball) as effectively as a group of 80-100.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Smooth Penguin.5294

Ohai! This thread again.

They made this fight for casuals who wanted something that required a bit more complexity and organization, yes. Just because it requires three separate roles (turrets, turret defenders, main dps zerg) doesn’t mean it’s still not aimed at your casual player who loves themselves a fight that actually puts their PVT gear to practical use.

Here’s Josh’s explanation for Elite events like Tequatl and the Great Wurm.

I’m not surprised that the Wurm is not liked by as many people. We were making that specifically for the hard core groups that are all about the organization and figuring out the strategy and tactics. It’s really cool watching the community grapple with this puzzle and innovate as they get closer and closer to finding a winning strategy.

Right now there are only 2 Elite raid-type events that’s aimed at hardcore groups. Tequatl and the Great Wurm. The Teq fight has gotten easier, as the strategies from community guilds like TTS have spread out to others. We’ve gotten the Wurm fight down to farm mode too, but occasionally fail due to player error.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: goodbugs.5409

goodbugs.5409

Since the revamp, I’ve been present for exactly 0 successful Teq runs, out of literally hundreds. Hell, since the mega-server deal, the actual damage he has taken from us has gone down. When it was server specific, we’d regularly see him get as low as 75% health. Since the mega-servers kicked in, the absolute best I’ve seen is 90% of max.

Definitely needs a tone-down. Not back to where it was but better than where it is. Since the revamp, I have never seen him go down/be defeated once. I’ve tried multiple times and now, it is a ghost town.

Sorry, but I have a really hard time believing either of you.

There are two ways I do Teq. On Sundays I lead the Fort Aspenwood guilds to victory. Throughout the week I’ll often tag along on random maps, or get ferried into a good map by one of the other Teq commanders that I know.

But if you treat him like the other bosses and show up 5-10 mins before the event, you will be put into an empty map that fails, guaranteed, because everyone that was serious about the fight grabbed a map and hardcapped it half an hour ago.

Leave Teq alone. There are twenty other afk-zerg bosses for casual play. Even Karka Queen has turned into a 111111 yawn-fest. Let us have our challenge bosses.

Sorry to see you have hard time believing others’ experiences. What I find annoying is those preferring to believe that it may be the result of zerging (definitely prefer not as find it incredibly boring) or spamming 1 only. Definitely not the case as that is what the other nine skills are for and are frequently much more interesting (elites could be better but…). AFK, although others may be and leads to failures, I don’t understand that mentality (game running and you are not playing….).

Recently I was on the map helping friends with heart quests, viewpts etc (been on the map awhile) and we came across the Teq event. Three people (besides us). We tried a couple times because they waned to, and big surprise….no success.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Smooth Penguin.5294

It’s not a matter of believing your experience or not. This event is not for you. Period. It’s meant for organized groups, not the occasional few players who happen to come across Teq.

In all honestly, I’d like to see Teq get a buff, since he’s gotten quite easy after we learned his mechanics months ago. Our groups actually have to hold back our DPS, because Teq bugs out if we burn too hard.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: XApocalypse.8739

XApocalypse.8739

If tequatl is so freaking easy then help me get into your “easy” overflow i have attempted it sooo many times it all relies on luck, with the whole overflow/megaserver system its almost impossible for someone to beat this boss, in HOD i get there 20 minutes early wait and we fail it all the time, WITH people in TS so don’t give me this crap that it’s easy because it’s not.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

Taco and the 3head worm are not made for casuals,Anet need maybe move them to a instance or somthink to stop clueless people trying to kill them with no organist raid

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

well, wound up on a random server tonight for Tequatl. Been a while since the last run I did and somehow ended up with SFR commanders. Pulverised Tequatl with 7:30 on the clock. Most ppl weren’t even on TS. Since the update, I’ve not been able to do it on a weekday but would normally do it with Gandara commanders.

The 1 simple thing that makes tequatl easy is communication. I’ve been in runs where we’ve had masses of ppl on TS and failed but also had runs where the commanders just communicated through squad chat. The commanders can only do so much, it’s the players that show up who have to rise to the occasion. Hell, I’ve done it so many times now I could probably command a part of it and I only got a dorito last week.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

There’s a huge difference between arriving 5-10 minutes early and arriving 30 minutes to an hour early. I can’t think of one job interview or other important real life event where I felt it was necessary to show up an hour early and stand around.

For me, the issue isn’t just the time, it’s that the game systems, rather than the encounter mechanics, generate a relative lack of control over whether one has a fun experience or not. That seems kitten-backwards to me.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Lyralei.5920

Lyralei.5920

Teq is not balanced. The entire encounter depends 100% on the contribution of the six people who are on the turrets. If they can handle their kitten, you’ll be ok. If they’re the other 99.9%+ of the playerbase, you’re going to fail.

You can easily do Tequatl with 0 turrets. Just turn around and the bone wall falls in 4 seconds.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

Not even if it were an event or interview that had a LOT of other interested individuals all vying for prime positioning?

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Personally I like the buff. Tequatl is a bloody DRAGON. It should be as hard as it possibly can be. I’d be for buffs on the other dragons.

Its not very gratifying to attack a dragon’s foot, taking no damage, and kill said dragon in 5 minutes. Looking at you Shatterer!

Shatterer and all of the world bosses being push overs, including most of the dungeon bosses, is arenanet rushing the game and poor design. If they actually cared about quality mechanics, they wouldn’t make these bosses meatsacks with no mechanics.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Sorry to see you have hard time believing others’ experiences. What I find annoying is those preferring to believe that it may be the result of zerging (definitely prefer not as find it incredibly boring) or spamming 1 only. Definitely not the case as that is what the other nine skills are for and are frequently much more interesting (elites could be better but…). AFK, although others may be and leads to failures, I don’t understand that mentality (game running and you are not playing….).

Recently I was on the map helping friends with heart quests, viewpts etc (been on the map awhile) and we came across the Teq event. Three people (besides us). We tried a couple times because they waned to, and big surprise….no success.

The part that I bolded is why I have a hard time believing you. When people start arriving for Teq, they’re put into existing maps first. Maps that have been around for a while b/c of people exploring like you were. These are the first maps to fill up. The only way to hit a low-pop map is to show up five minutes before spawn. So I find the idea that you were on an older map and there were only six or so of you at Teq to be completely ridiculous.

This is why I didn’t believe you in the first place. To say in the same sentence that you’ve tried multiple times and that it’s also a ghost town is, post-megaserver, complete nonsense. Either you’re showing up too late every time, or you’re a liar. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.

If tequatl is so freaking easy then help me get into your “easy” overflow i have attempted it sooo many times it all relies on luck, with the whole overflow/megaserver system its almost impossible for someone to beat this boss, in HOD i get there 20 minutes early wait and we fail it all the time, WITH people in TS so don’t give me this crap that it’s easy because it’s not.

Even with people in TS, Teq is tuned in such a way that it’s easy to fail if a number of conditions aren’t met. It’s all about zerg survivability. If too many people are in the wrong gear or traits, the zerg is too spread out, fingers aren’t being reflected/killed properly, people aren’t coordinating waters and banners to heal and revive, and/or there’s not enough DPS, defeat is almost ensured. The zerg wastes the entire fight scattered and trying to pick itself up.

The key to beating this fight is steady progression. Learn from every attempt and push to do a bit better next time. I really can’t stress gear enough. I play ele and getting a full PVT set with proper runes and sigils made a tremendous difference. Class specialization as well. Skills and traits that offer group support are wonderful here. Every class has unique roles that they can fulfill during this fight, and successful runs are when most of the players know their roles and are properly equipped for them.

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Thareen.5471

Thareen.5471

If you are serious about killing Tequatl… read this:
http://dulfy.net/2013/09/21/gw2-tequatl-the-sunless-strategy-guide/
It just takes 5 minutes of your time.
If you don´t know the mechanics (and they are laughingly easy) then you are basicly useless there.

As for getting into the right maps…
There are more than enough guilds/alliances/communities out there that do this on a daily basis as a wurm warmup.
GW2Community for example does several runs on several maps at the same time in different languages (english/german/spanish/french on EU servers).
On NA servers only english/spanish if i am correctly informed.
You do not need to join a guild or apply somewhere, just show up on their TS.
How to get their TS address? Google… ever heard of it?

If you can´t be bothered to join on an TS server (on time!) and learn the mechanics, this fight is simply not for you. 99% of this game is simply faceroll/autoshot-afk doable.

P.s. please revamp Shatterer next

Time for a Tequatl nerf

Posted by: Conner.5803

Conner.5803

Only problem I see with teq is that if you DC, you’re screwed. If only the game could reserve that spot for 5-10 min so you can actually can get back would fix it big time. I have missed out on so many rewards because of my crappy internet now.