Time for another Break, because

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

There is nothing fun to do again.

Ok. Just want the developers to know.

The last fun thing was EoTM and after playing more than 60 hours of it, EoTM became boring because I learned the maps and mechanics and even commanded a few times.

Before EoTM, it was fun playing WvW, but WvW is even more boring than EoTM now.

No clue if there are any strategies in WvW for my server anymore except for the zerg to find opponents’ zerg then sizing and killing each other.

Before WvW, it was fun playing the final segments of the season 1 of the living story.

Before that was the Triple Wurms.

So these are the fun memories of GW2.

It was also around the Triple Wurms time, I learned to improve my gears and before that, the first 500 hours of playing this was very confusion, leveling, deciding what weapons and traits to use and just try to survive in WvW.

Now I found my build and I can survive hours in WvW and EotM. I also have skins and dyes I wanted and looked cool, and after 800 hours of playing I am a Silver Invader, just shy of the next rank at 670. But there is nothing fun to do anymore.

Yes. There are many activities I have not played much, like the dungeon, Fractals, holiday events, and Living Stories, or even completing my personal story, but I have no interest in any of them.

I did a dungeon once, and did not want to try anything like a dungeon again. Same with Fractals, played a couple of times and do not want to go back again. Went to Dry Top for 2 minutes and that was all I wanted to play for the living story season 2, and I have one of the Mist Forged Hero’s Weapon from a WvW Tournament that I would never use because they are ugly and I am not going back to Mad King’s Labyrinth because I had fun there 2 years ago, but last year’s visit was boring there already.

For people who love this game, please do not be upset about what I am writing here. I am writing because it is good for the developer to know why some players might not be active for a while.

Fire Water Air
FA

(edited by Lord of Rings.5371)

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Well, it looks like you’re having a stack of fun with your thread.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Take a rest and come back when something pleases you. I took breaks from the game 2 times already and only came back when the story moved forward.

This game is extremely repetitive, there is little to no room for improvisation and the only “fun” way of doing dungeons is doing “every one is welcome” groups… allowing bad things to happen and trying to salvage every situation. If it wasn’t for new players screwing up pulls, the game is just the same thing over and over again.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

Currently I am grinding out enough silk to finish my Ascended armor set on my Guardian, then will move on to another one of my 9 level 80’s and equip them in Ascended. Just for something to do of course! With the rarity of silk and the sheer amount that will be required I calculate that I can finish all 9 sets of Ascended in about the same time that it will take me to slap 1 million yaks in WvW. It will be a struggle to reach my goals as I am currently 5 months shy of 60 years old but I do so enjoy the no-grind that this game provides!

Theftwind (HoD)

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I get the OP intends this to be a jab at the Devs, but in all honesty, being able to take a break and come back later is exactly the reason I play GW2 over other sub-fee MMOs.

BTW, I’m on a break now myself (and I consider it a good thing).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

Any game can become a bore when you spend large amounts of time doing the same stuff over & over again. Whether is be world vs world, leveling up alts – going through all the hearts, poi’s etc over & over again. Same with dungeons or spending a lot of time roaming the labyrinth & so forth.
Taking a break from the game once in a while helps greatly in my opinion. So you’re doing the right thing.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

1. That’s a TON of time to spend in the game.. that’s actually supporting their process.
2. This game is DESIGNED to be able to step away and do other things.
3. It’s not a crime to play another game. This MMO is not like the rest where they make you feel like you have to spend all your free time here or you might miss something.
4. Its all personal preference on what you do. I personally enjoy WvW and EoTM in sparse spurts to supplement my overall enjoyment of the game.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

You say this is for the devs, yet give no constructive suggestions on the game…..okay.

Well enjoy your break. You’ll always have a free MMO to come back to.

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

The play theme of GW2 isn’t to draw you in and never let you go. Go enjoy yourself and come back when you are ready for more. We all do it. Have fun on your break.

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Enjoy your break. It sounds like you already played a lot of GW2, it’s probably normal that you find it boring after all these hours.