Time to sell Glob of Ectoplasm

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Milkshake.4038

Milkshake.4038

Price is above kitten , supply is really low. The market needs more ectos.

And… almost 50s now.

Posted by: Rasgalinj.2763

Rasgalinj.2763

Happy to have 380 lying around!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I take it that you must have bought a bunch and now you’re hoping to drive up prices? Seems like a rather big coincidence that just as you post, supply and prices change.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Its funny.. as ecto prices are actually been tanking and have been for a long time.
If you think about it ecto prices are an indication of gold to x worth ratio.
The only reason for a small spike is groups asking for 100 ecto for raid clears- but the amount of uses for it is going down.

Bit like the MACBurger Price index for foreign currencies.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

I am not sure what you are talking about 50s? There was a 43s spike for an hour or so.

The price of Ecto right now is 34s 98c – 35s 08c.

Which is what the average price has been for about 5 months now.

Posted by: Mosferre.1246

Mosferre.1246

Not sure where you’re getting those prices from Yalora.

10 mins ago (3.00pm GMT) they were at:

Buy: 35:12:0
Sell: 37:00:0

I came, I saw, I continued watching as I’m a newbie…

TPMN.1483

Its funny people may try to pump n dump the market – false advertising.
Ecto cannot be manipulated above certain prices as we can talk to the famous skritt vendor to make more with our RNG Gambling.

Milkshake.4038

Someone (or some players) bought a lot of ectos this morning. I attached the chart of the price/supply in case you do not believe me (also available here: https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/19721-Glob-of-Ectoplasm).

Attachments:

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Sry, but that’s nothing special. Check the ecto history, between december and now there have been at least 5 (20k – 50k ectos insta sold) of this spikes (usually after weekends).

There are hundrets if possible reasons how/why this happens to ectos and no the price never took a long change (lasting longer than some minutes).

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Milkshake.4038

I take it that you must have bought a bunch and now you’re hoping to drive up prices? Seems like a rather big coincidence that just as you post, supply and prices change.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don’t have enough gold to buy 88k ectos.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I meant to come back and thank the OP for posting. I missed the peak but I managed to sell my few ectos for a higher than average price.

Ty OP for the tip. ^^

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

This one you also started …. and you always seem to comment on others about the TP and things “dropping” in price or “Oh look ‘someone’ just bought 1000’s this morning … what is going on” stuff. One could almost believe that you post just to try to drive the TP just so you could maybe make more gold.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Thick-leather-price-manipulation/first#post6006492

TPMN.1483

It’s funny alt accounts for people…-)

These amounts of gold are nothing for some people – trust me

Milkshake.4038

Sry, but that’s nothing special. Check the ecto history, between december and now there have been at least 5 (20k – 50k ectos insta sold) of this spikes (usually after weekends).

There are hundrets if possible reasons how/why this happens to ectos and no the price never took a long change (lasting longer than some minutes).

This post is not about trends. It was a one time opportunity to sell some ectos before price went back to normal.

When I saw it I bought hundreds of rare chest armors (https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/1829-Shamans-Rogue-Coat-of-the-Grove I hope you can see it) and salvaged them as fast as I could. I managed to sell a few hundred ectos before the price started to decrease. I still have some on the tp that I couldn’t sell in time, but it is no problem, someone will buy them when the next spike comes

Milkshake.4038

This one you also started …. and you always seem to comment on others about the TP and things “dropping” in price or “Oh look ‘someone’ just bought 1000’s this morning … what is going on” stuff. One could almost believe that you post just to try to drive the TP just so you could maybe make more gold.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Thick-leather-price-manipulation/first#post6006492

I am interested in virtual economies and I like to discuss it, because I have enough knowledge of this topic. I also like to talk about crafting. I don’t discuss spvp or raids, because I know very little about those.

Milkshake.4038

It’s funny alt accounts for people…-)

These amounts of gold are nothing for some people – trust me

I know that it is possible to make 20k gold in a month easily, but I have a job and a life and I cannot sit in front of the trading post 24/7.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Well this was true 8 hours ago. It’s back down to 35-37 silver (not gold).

Edit, unit error.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Well this was true 8 hours ago. It’s back down to 35-37g.

wow, 35g

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

This post is not about trends. It was a one time opportunity to sell some ectos before price went back to normal.

When I saw it I bought hundreds of rare chest armors (https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/1829-Shamans-Rogue-Coat-of-the-Grove I hope you can see it) and salvaged them as fast as I could. I managed to sell a few hundred ectos before the price started to decrease. I still have some on the tp that I couldn’t sell in time, but it is no problem, someone will buy them when the next spike comes

I see, np with that^^ Well you should have written some more text in your initial post
Something like ‘ecto price is currently on a high spike, sell some now to get good gold’, because like you see in this thread me and some others thought you tried pointing out a trend or something ‘strange on tp’.

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Milkshake.4038

I see, np with that^^ Well you should have written some more text in your initial post
Something like ‘ecto price is currently on a high spike, sell some now to get good gold’, because like you see in this thread me and some others thought you tried pointing out a trend or something ‘strange on tp’.

Yes, you are right, but I was busy salvaging items

Behellagh.1468

wow, 35g

I detect a hint of sarcasm.

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

wow, 35g

If they were selling now for 35 gold I’d have a conniption duck foot. I just sold all I had at 40 silver.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I remember the time someone made a commercial video on sigil of water. Or a person spreading rumors on flying mount for sprocket.

That’s the funniest thing ever.

This sort of things happen in real life too. People spreading rumors on penny stock or pyrammid scheme, probably human natural.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I am interested in virtual economies and I like to discuss it, because I have enough knowledge of this topic. I also like to talk about crafting. I don’t discuss spvp or raids, because I know very little about those.

I spent the weekday watching the real stock market. And I spent the weekend watching the virtual stock market. It’s a pretty depressing life.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Maybe folks are using Timberline Falls exotic forging trick to earn golds… so no more salvaging rares?

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Behellagh.1468

wow, 35g

If they were selling now for 35 gold I’d have a conniption duck foot. I just sold all I had at 40 silver.

Duh! Fixing.

RIP City of Heroes