Tips on how to get Ticket Scraps

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Derigar.7810

Derigar.7810

Hello! I usually don’t give into the temptations of the Gem Story because I do not have a lot of money to buy most of the items there, but the Scientific Staff skin is the most beautiful skin I have ever seen…

So I checked my bank and I saw I had 4 scraps, but it seems I need 10!

I was wondering how to get 6 more scraps? I usually don’t give in to this type of things but… I’ve never felt this urge to buy such an awesome looking skin before. Please don’t think I’m crazy.

All help is appriciated!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Google “guild wars 2 black lion key farming”. Although unless you have a spare character slot and plan on doing this in the future it might be better to just convert the 800 gems to gold and buy the skin from the TP.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You can try doing key runs. I’m not sure what the current average number of runs to get 10 scraps is, but it’s probably in the 30-35 runs/10 scraps range.

Basically, you make a human char. Level it to level 10 then do the human personal story, choosing Commoner as one of the choices. Do that storyline arc, get a key, open a chest, delete char and repeat.

There are a number of ways to get to level10. Some use crafting to get to level 10. Some use some combination of leveling, crafting, tomes and writs.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can try doing key runs. I’m not sure what the current average number of runs to get 10 scraps is, but it’s probably in the 30-35 runs/10 scraps range.

Basically, you make a human char. Level it to level 10 then do the human personal story, choosing Commoner as one of the choices. Do that storyline arc, get a key, open a chest, delete char and repeat.

There are a number of ways to get to 80. Some use crafting to get to level 10. Some use some combination of leveling, crafting, tomes and writs.

Get to 80? O_o

Just a flesh wound.3589

There are a number of ways to get to 80. Some use crafting to get to level 10. Some use some combination of leveling, crafting, tomes and writs.

Get to 80? O_o

Lol. Typo. Get to level 10.

Thanks for catching it.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They have somewhat upped the scrap drop rate in chests. I wanted the hammer skin badly enough to drop caskittens. 25 keys got me 12 scraps (so I got the skin) plus a few gold worth of things like dyes and minis. A lot of gold had I sold the crimson specialty dye I got rather than using it myself. RNG, though.

While MF has zero effect, I do superstitiously pop MF food and a booster before I order my keys and I open the chests while still under the effects. It has empirically seemed to work out that I get neater stuff from the chests when I do that. I’ve never gotten any permanent item or resource node, however, beyond the raven and parrot couriers.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Skip the scraps, go farm dungeons / silverwastes for gold, and then buy the staff skin off the TP.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Unless you are a gambler, farm the coin and leave the gambling to the gamblers.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

On average, you will get 3 – 4 scraps from opening 10 BL chests. If you are super lucky, you may even get a claim ticket (but don’t count on that). A key run (level to 10 and do the story) takes roughly 40 min.

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Save gold. Buy skins off TP.

Posted by: Prototypemind.4026

Prototypemind.4026

On average, you will get 3 – 4 scraps from opening 10 BL chests. If you are super lucky, you may even get a claim ticket (but don’t count on that). A key run (level to 10 and do the story) takes roughly 40 min.

If you craft up to level 10 and have your gear ready to go 20-30 mins should be all it takes. 10 extra minutes a run adds up pretty quickly when you’re doing it multiple times.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Skip the scraps, go farm dungeons / silverwastes for gold, and then buy the staff skin off the TP.

Save gold. Buy skins off TP.

/shrug

If everyone bought them from the TP instead of doing key runs, how many would there be to buy and what would the prices be?

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

If you have level 80 characters, it may be worth checking to see if they’ve all done the part of the season 2 LS that gives a key as a reward.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Battledoll.1803

Battledoll.1803

If you craft up to level 10 and have your gear ready to go 20-30 mins should be all it takes. 10 extra minutes a run adds up pretty quickly when you’re doing it multiple times.

Crafting as a chef is the fastest way to get to level 10 (you would need to harvest or buy materials though). I craft to level 7, do nearby hearts to mid level 8, use writ to level 9, and then use a tome to level 10 (I want to save some money, and I have too many writs and tomes). 40 min is from character creation to getting the key; and I do it with a warrior. Hope this help.

Just a flesh wound.3589

I have to admit my method isn’t time efficient but it’s cheap and I’m not that concerned with min-maxing the time. I don’t do it more than once a day, when I have the time.

I take about 15 minutes to level doing hearts from 2 to 5 then jump to WvW and refine luck, green wood, leather, jute scraps and copper ore to get ~3 levels. Then I use writs to get to the next level then a tome or 2 to get to level 10. The refined mats I sell later to make a small profit or at worse break even.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I really think you should just wait a week, then buy off the traping post. The first week there aren’t many to buy, and people have no patience, so price is high. If you can wait a week or so the price will stabilize, probably well below 100g per skin.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: Derigar.7810

Derigar.7810

I really think you should just wait a week, then buy off the traping post. The first week there aren’t many to buy, and people have no patience, so price is high. If you can wait a week or so the price will stabilize, probably well below 100g per skin.

Ok thanks. I will buy them, I think…
Problem is that I’m so poor. I suppose I could sell my ecto’s or something.

That staff skin is mine! ^^

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

It really is no biggy to level a keyfarming toon simply by doing actual map completion in Queensdale or Metrica or even Ashford.
This also gives you a chance at another key as every map completion does.

Dunno if I was especially lucky but I got scraps in pretty much every chest I opened.

Polish > hype