Tired of Empty Server

Tired of Empty Server

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

So, just as the title says, I’m tired of being in an empty server. I finally decided just to delete every single one of my level 80s (I have 4 of them) and just move to a higher population server.

My questions are:
What is the highest population server at the moment?
What servers are located on NA in the west?

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: xephire.8324

xephire.8324

same lol its a ghost town

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

-most of the servers have a really high population, it’s just spread out across a LOT of game modes, maps and activities.
-all NA servers are located in the same data center.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

I don’t understand where these “empty server” posts come from. Ehmry Bay is nearly last on the list in population, but everywhere I go, I see people.

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

The biggest ones are tarnished coast, blackgate, jade quarry and a few others I can’t recall right now. But unless you’re interested in WvW you could always guest. Deleting 4 80s is a bit drastic in my opinion, well it depends on whats worth more in your opinion, time or money.

Tired of Empty Server

xephire.8324

I don’t understand where these “empty server” posts come from. Ehmry Bay is nearly last on the list in population, but everywhere I go, I see people.

npcs?

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

But unless you’re interested in WvW you could always guest. Deleting 4 80s is a bit drastic in my opinion, well it depends on whats worth more in your opinion, time or money.

Yeah, would have been much easier and less time consuming to farm some money and buy the transfer i think

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Tired of Empty Server

Galtrix.7369

The biggest ones are tarnished coast, blackgate, jade quarry and a few others I can’t recall right now. But unless you’re interested in WvW you could always guest. Deleting 4 80s is a bit drastic in my opinion, well it depends on whats worth more in your opinion, time or money.

It is drastic, but pretty much the whole reason I’m transferring is because I can’t find people in PvE, nor can I find them in WvW because nobody does WvW on my server. I thought about farming the 100+ gold I need to transfer, but I just don’t think it’s worth it.

Tired of Empty Server

xephire.8324

It is drastic, but pretty much the whole reason I’m transferring is because I can’t find people in PvE, nor can I find them in WvW because nobody does WvW on my server. I thought about farming the 100+ gold I need to transfer, but I just don’t think it’s worth it.

what the hell!?It cost 100+gold just for a transfer?To think it used to be free.

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Eridani.8317

Eridani.8317

If I did this I would probably think it’s a good idea until about 5 minutes after rerolling the new character and realising what I’d thrown away. Then quit in disgust and never play GW2 again.

Personally I would just buy the gems with real money (did it myself a couple of days ago) but realise that isn’t an option for everyone.

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

what the hell!?It cost 100+gold just for a transfer?To think it used to be free.

and thank goodness it is not free. It was so bad for the health of the game when it was free. To note, it has been known since before release that world transfers were not going to be free for long, and that it was only free while they continued working on the guesting system, and to let the players to settle to where they want to be.

Tired of Empty Server

xephire.8324

and thank goodness it is not free. It was so bad for the health of the game when it was free. To note, it has been known since before release that world transfers were not going to be free for long, and that it was only free while they continued working on the guesting system, and to let the players to settle to where they want to be.

Seems like gw2 is the only game with issues with free world transfer :/.

Tired of Empty Server

Galtrix.7369

Unfortunately, you’re right. My server is pretty much dead because the server transfers were free for a short amount of time. Everyone saw their chance to go to a better server and took it.

Tired of Empty Server

eisberg.2379

Yet the vast majority of the MMOs that I can think of charge you to move to other servers

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I thought about farming the 100+ gold I need to transfer, but I just don’t think it’s worth it.

Just think about the time you need to level up just one character back to 80 .. if your fast its maybe 50 hours. Now if you farm 5 gold per hour you would have eared 250g in that time. And that is just ONE character. And you also need some gold then maybe to gear him up.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Tired of Empty Server

xephire.8324

Unfortunately, you’re right. My server is pretty much dead because the server transfers were free for a short amount of time. Everyone saw their chance to go to a better server and took it.

Well people still flock to the better server problem not solved and here you are whining that your server is empty .

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Tarnished Coast, Blackgate, Sanctum of Rall, Jade Quarry. You know… the usual

Although BG has a huge population of non English speaking people. You will see it a lot in say chat. Also, I have been guesting on FA and it seems to be pretty populated. If I were to transfer I would pick FA.

I wouldn’t delete your characters because that’s 100s of hours working on them, with well over what it would take just to get the 100g to transfer. Your choice though

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Tired of Empty Server

xephire.8324

Yet the vast majority of the MMOs that I can think of charge you to move to other servers

Yes its GW2

Tired of Empty Server

xephire.8324

Free or Paid your server is still dead ^^.Does it not make sense that if server transfer were free people would still choose to go to other servers that are less populated without having to paying real cash?Those who have flocked to better servers would think nuh uh im not paying real money to transfer to a waste land.Its discouraging people who had transferred to the best server from transferring back to empty servers.

(edited by xephire.8324)

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

A LOT of area’s even on a very highly populated server are desolate.

I’m on Desolation and it’s like a ghost town in a lot of area’s.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Tired of Empty Server

eisberg.2379

Yes its GW2

So tell me, list the MMOs that do not charge to server transfer?

My list of MMOs that I can think of off the top of my head that charge for server transfers:
WoW
Lotro
Tera
SWTOR
Age of Conan
Secret World
Warhammer Online
Aion

I can go on with more, but you get the idea. It is not “only” GW2 that charges for server transfers. I have played many many MMOs since 1999, and I have not played one yet that didn’t charge for server transfers.

Tired of Empty Server

xephire.8324

Yes its GW2

My list of MMOs that I can think of off the top of my head that charge for server transfers:
WoW
Lotro
Tera
SWTOR
Age of Conan
Secret World
Warhammer Online
Aion

I can go on with more, but you get the idea. It is not “only” GW2 that charges for server transfers. I have played many many MMOs since 1999, and I have not played one yet that didn’t charge for server transfers.

I’m sure you can find them yourself?You’re only thinking about mmos that charge for server transfer lol.

Tired of Empty Server

eisberg.2379

Yes its GW2

WoW
Lotro
Tera
SWTOR
Age of Conan
Secret World
Warhammer Online
Aion

I’m sure you can find them yourself?You’re only thinking about mmos that charge for server transfer lol.

You are the one saying it is only GW2 that charges for server transfers, and I just proved you wrong.

Tired of Empty Server

Galtrix.7369

Well people still flock to the better server problem not solved and here you are whining that your server is empty .

I whine because Anet sits there and does nothing for my server while it just lays there dead. Trust me, I’ve waited months hoping that Anet would combine servers or something of the sort, but nothing was done to improve my server’s condition. After waiting 6+ months for my server to get better, but it didn’t, I think I have a right to whine. My server’s condition is in such a state, that I actually encouraged my entire guild to transfer to TC.

Tired of Empty Server

xephire.8324

Yes its GW2

WoW
Lotro
Tera
SWTOR
Age of Conan
Secret World
Warhammer Online
Aion

You are the one saying it is only GW2 that charges for server transfers, and I just proved you wrong.

Lol learn how to read.I said only have issues but im just making an emphasis.Its not a definitive statement.

Tired of Empty Server

eisberg.2379

Yes its GW2

WoW
Lotro
Tera
SWTOR
Age of Conan
Secret World
Warhammer Online
Aion

Lol learn how to read.I said only have issues but im just making an emphasis.Its not a definitive statement.

Then go ahead and name the MMOs that do not charge for server transfers, so we can get a better judgement on the effects free server transfer may or may not have on the health of a game. The games I listed, the moment server transfers became available they charged for it, and only gave free transfers when they were shutting down servers, so we have no indication what free server transfers would have done to the health of those games like what we saw with Guild Wars 2.

Tired of Empty Server

xephire.8324

Yes its GW2

WoW
Lotro
Tera
SWTOR
Age of Conan
Secret World
Warhammer Online
Aion

Then go ahead and name the MMOs that do not charge for server transfers, so we can get a better judgement on the effects free server transfer may or may not have on the health of a game. The games I listed, the moment server transfers became available they charged for it, and only gave free transfers when they were shutting down servers, so we have no indication what free server transfers would have done to the health of those games like what we saw with Guild Wars 2.

Well i’m pretty much sure you can do that yourself good night.I have more important things to do tomorrow.

Tired of Empty Server

eisberg.2379

Yes its GW2

WoW
Lotro
Tera
SWTOR
Age of Conan
Secret World
Warhammer Online
Aion

Well i’m pretty much sure you can do that yourself good night.I have more important things to do tomorrow.

In other words, you have nothing. Not going on a wild goose chase. When someone refuses to show proof, it is because they have none. Or you do, but the games are probably so laughably bad, or games that all of 100 people know of, that it does nothing to prove your point.

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Yes its GW2

WoW
Lotro
Tera
SWTOR
Age of Conan
Secret World
Warhammer Online
Aion

In other words, you have nothing. Not going on a wild goose chase. When someone refuses to show proof, it is because they have none. Or you do, but the games are probably so laughably bad, or games that all of 100 people know of, that it does nothing to prove your point.

You need to learn to ignore certain people that feed off of confrontation and have nothing constructive to add.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

You can get 100 gold in a day or so….. deleting 4 80’s is rather stupid. Sorry it had to be said.

Also when server transfers were free it was horrible. A server would start winning in W3 bam hundreds of transfers instantly. This was something that happened on a daily basis, and yes it was bad for the game and really made alot of people mad. There was alot of name calling on the forums during that time. Want to transfer? Pony up 20 bucks or farm 90 gold and transfer its not that hard.

(edited by Namu.5712)

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: ToPocHi.2480

ToPocHi.2480

Which server “were” you playing in? I play in Devona’s Rest and even then, I wouldn’t call it a ghost server. It is true, however, that the majority of players still hang out in LA, Queensdale and Frostgorge, so most of the other maps seem a little barren. Even so, I still bump into the occasional group/players while I explore In other maps.

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Namu.5712

“You can get 100 gold in a day or so….”

Really, please tell, it’s taken me since beta to get to 500 gold.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

Farming? I have 8-80’s and I don’t farm. Yet gold seems to rain from the heavens just with normal play. And if you have a crafting skill, didn’t blow your mats on leveling or selling, with 4-80’s you probably have enough mats saved up to craft items in demand to raise the gold to transfer in one day. Especially last month, where everything shot up with the sudden demand for salvage items. So many ways to make fast gold for seasoned players.

imo they should start merging some of the servers. Waiting for them to pay for a transfer doesn’t seem all that right. Of course, like someone mentioned, nothing stopping you from guesting. Then you could use that website that tells you like with what temples are happening, play the game and make lots of gold to transfer to that server you find populated enough for yourself. Deleting sounds horribly the wrong thing to do… unless you like to level. But at some point, like I’ve gotten to, you just get sick of leveling over and over in the same content.

Tired of Empty Server

Galtrix.7369

Which server “were” you playing in? I play in Devona’s Rest and even then, I wouldn’t call it a ghost server. It is true, however, that the majority of players still hang out in LA, Queensdale and Frostgorge, so most of the other maps seem a little barren. Even so, I still bump into the occasional group/players while I explore In other maps.

I played on Gate of Madness.

By the way, I just transferred to Tarnished Coast and I can honestly say I’ve seen more people in 2 minutes on TC than I have in 4 months on GoM. Which leads me to my next statement. The server status’s are complete and utter lies. There is no possible way that Gate of Madness was as full as Tarnished Coast, no possible way in hell.

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

It’s simply natural that a mature MMO, meaning most players are max level, will have receded population in the leveling zones.

But anywhere there is something notable for level 80s, a timer boss, new living story stuff, I see lots of people. Pretty much at any time of the day too.

I like how the living story stuff recently has got people to go out and get back into the lower zones, whether for the balloon stuff, scarlets random attacks, or simply to chase down jump puzzles and chests for new ascended mats.

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Well with this new patch you can rest assured that not only with Sparklefly Fen now be an overflow but also the Starter Area for the Sylvari race.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Can you show me your character selection screen with no characters created? Pretty please

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Tarnished Coast, Blackgate, Sanctum of Rall, Jade Quarry. You know… the usual

Although BG has a huge population of non English speaking people. You will see it a lot in say chat. Also, I have been guesting on FA and it seems to be pretty populated. If I were to transfer I would pick FA.

I wouldn’t delete your characters because that’s 100s of hours working on them, with well over what it would take just to get the 100g to transfer. Your choice though

I’m on FA its a great server. It has a large population for everything (which also is a bad thing when it comes to WvW since our population is divided).

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Tired of Empty Server

Galtrix.7369

Can you show me your character selection screen with no characters created? Pretty please

Why? I already created a character on Tarnished Coast and got him up to level 7

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I thought you were going to level a pally in WoW this month. I guess it was harder to leave GW2 than expected! =)

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Just out of curiosity, it would really sadden me if you deleted 4 lv 80s for a server switch

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Tired of Empty Server

Galtrix.7369

Just out of curiosity, it would really sadden me if you deleted 4 lv 80s for a server switch

Well, I did. But rest assured that I’m not sad at all. Even though my main character had a commander tag, world completion, and an ascended staff, I’m still not sad. I’ve actually been enjoying this game a lot more now that I see people wherever I go. I literally would go weeks without seeing a single person on my old server, and on Tarnished Coast I see at least 5 people per map!

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Argodis.2514

Argodis.2514

I’m probably going to transfer as well. Server Status says Gates of Madness is a high pop server but it’s either a lie or everyone there are a bunch of bums. There are servers with lower pops that have more Tequatl kills than us. We only have one kill and that was with help from JQ. No one on GoM even attempts Tequatl anymore. I see people everywhere, but if it isn’t free loot, they don’t do it.

Tired of Empty Server

Galtrix.7369

I’m probably going to transfer as well. Server Status says Gates of Madness is a high pop server but it’s either a lie or everyone there are a bunch of bums. There are servers with lower pops that have more Tequatl kills than us. We only have one kill and that was with help from JQ. No one on GoM even attempts Tequatl anymore. I see people everywhere, but if it isn’t free loot, they don’t do it.

I encourage you to do it ASAP. I felt like I played single-player every single day when I was on GoM, and when I transferred over to TC, I immediately saw at least 30 people in the starting zone. I actually feel like I’m playing an mmo now, and people actually talk on this server. Not to mention, it seems like every single friendly player on this mmo has transferred over to TC. I asked if any guilds were recruiting on GoM… not a single response even though I knew certain guilds were recruiting. I asked if any guilds were recruiting on TC… I got at least 15 responses. I literally can’t get over how excited I am that I actually get to play with people.

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I encourage you to do it ASAP. I felt like I played single-player every single day when I was on GoM, and when I transferred over to TC, I immediately saw at least 30 people in the starting zone. I actually feel like I’m playing an mmo now, and people actually talk on this server. Not to mention, it seems like every single friendly player on this mmo has transferred over to TC. I asked if any guilds were recruiting on GoM… not a single response even though I knew certain guilds were recruiting. I asked if any guilds were recruiting on TC… I got at least 15 responses. I literally can’t get over how excited I am that I actually get to play with people.

Welcome to TC. If you see an icon on your map showing a defeated player chances are it is me. Make sure to stop by and say hello and give me a rez as well.

The Burninator

Tired of Empty Server

Galtrix.7369

Welcome to TC. If you see an icon on your map showing a defeated player chances are it is me. Make sure to stop by and say hello and give me a rez as well.

Thanks, and will do

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

Paying to transfer sure is ok. “My server is losing the WvW, let’s just transfer and get free stuff”, even though it’s limited to a transfer per week, that would unbalance things

TC, JQ and Blackgate have a lot of people. Transfered today to TC and there are people everywhere I go. Feeling happy now

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

What? Ehmry Bay is no were close to last, the fact that you thought it was last goes to show how bad some servers population is. The only good indicator we have in terms of population currently is WvW ranking and EB is ranked 10th, so it should be one of the higher populated servers.

http://mos.millenium.org/na

I deleted all my characters on ET on this account and moved to a T1 server. It happened after Tequatl. I didn’t mind being in a “dead” server before that event. But after that event I want to be on a server with people.

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Namu.5712

“You can get 100 gold in a day or so….”

Really, please tell, it’s taken me since beta to get to 500 gold.

First of all you have to actually play.

That out of the way.

Mega bosses, hit them all or at least the popular ones…. wont take you long maybe a half an hour.

Hit up temple fights in orr.

You generally net several rares that way and sometimes exotics. As well as money.

Run a few Paths, your pick. Generally get around 2 gold for a path.

Craft your daily 500 crafts, they sell for over 4-5 gold.

Run around and grab your ori, and ancient nodes.

Craft some ori inscriptions, sell for around 8-9 gold.

Farm champs for awhile. They net alot of T6 mats that sell for a good amount and you often get 10 in a bag.

Theres alot more there to do but those are the most straight forward really.

But like I said you have to actually play.

Tired of Empty Server

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

So, just as the title says, I’m tired of being in an empty server. I finally decided just to delete every single one of my level 80s (I have 4 of them) and just move to a higher population server.

My questions are:
What is the highest population server at the moment?
What servers are located on NA in the west?

Wow, and I felt bad when I deleted my level 36 on ET to move to Blackgate.

Move to a T1/T2 server:

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/wvw

However, the only bad thing about the move is there will be queues for WvW. But everything else will be better on a higher population server.