Tired of Triple Trouble

Tired of Triple Trouble

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

So it has been 3 months since the release of Triple Trouble and I have yet to complete the achievement. I think I’ve attended the Great Wurm around 50 times now. Which is insane considering every attempt takes about 1 to 2 hours.

After so many tries I know all about the tactics such as “deboofing”, condition parties and using the harpoon on Amber so it becomes vulnerable. You would expect the majority of players would understand the principles to become Wurmslayers by now. But it seems that every single time I return to Bloodtide Coast our forces are greeted with the exact same pitfalls.

I know this event isn’t supposed to be easy. But I can’t help to think that perhaps Arenanet overestimates the intelligence and devotion of most players. Because the image that I get from people who attend this event is that they are lazy, uninformed and unable to exercise one’s clout. It doesn’t even matter if you put three commanders there explaining step by step what to do. People just think they can zerg which usually doesn’t end well.

People don’t seem to learn from their mistakes because they can just hide in the pack. That is why I liked the Marionette event so much more because people could feel personally responsible for failing the event. I personally think Triple Trouble requires some changes. Not to make it less challenging, but to make people more aware of their mistakes.

Edit:

So today Bloodtide Coast was updated to join the Megaservers. The game put me on a server with Germans. :p Not sure how this is organized but I foresee a whole new level of problems arising.

(edited by Noah.4756)

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Its a game, most people play it to unwind when they feel tired or stressed, not take on hardcore bosses with uber skill for several hours after a long day at work.

IMO, this kind of content does not belong in open world and never did.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Gearbox.2748

Gearbox.2748

Well: a lot of players sadly become used to massive zergs without thought or tactic in the major servers and QD runs. from early level..
If there where less players for each WB and temple. players would eventualy learn and become better.
E.G If you are 5 man doing Maw you have to learn stuff. if you are 100.. you just stand there and spam you afk active 1 button..

Secondly the wurm had some truly bizarre features, that made it harder than it really had to. Unpredictability…. head running off in random directions. Not always near a wall. -
Misleading information about the mushrooms as one gets to the wurms,.

Since everyone is so kitten focused on crits. the variables of dps output of a group so big becomes gigantic sometimes . suddenly 5-10% more health might be gone—-/that odd thing about its health scaling up and down randomly..

Practice..practice…. In most MMO encounters like this is set in closed dungeons.. guilds ran them. That meant you would have about the same group every time… in an open world environment – there will always be some new players. That makes tactics and practice runs harder to organize. -
Iv’e been part of far more advanced encounters in EVE and Conan (and that other MMO; that shall not be mentioned). Where every single player had to know exactly what to do. and it included basically what can be described as advanced broad-scale musical on ice- level of coordination needed.

Evolved wurm actually doesn’t need that much—— IF those strange things are fixed/changed.. and if players where more used to small group teamwork from earlier gaming.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Join organized group and you will get your kill daily
If EU – http://gw2community.com/

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: MINKZILLA.6023

MINKZILLA.6023

Its a game, most people play it to unwind when they feel tired or stressed, not take on hardcore bosses with uber skill for several hours after a long day at work.

Some people do though.

That is why it is there. and that is why there is easier stuff else where. so that people can do the stuff they want. And both side of it have something to do.

“Every quote you hear on the internet is true.”
-Abraham Lincoln

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

They should implement guild alliances.

And then give alliances the ability to pool merits and influence to pay to create private instances, so they can control who gets in.

These events leave so little room for error that a single random guy may mean failing the event for 1 second.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Tired of Triple Trouble

Noah.4756

My server (Gunnars Hold EU) is only doing one poor attempt each Sunday with no result. I have to admit that I’m one of those guys that guests to Desolation to get my shot at killing the Great Wurm. I joined the guys of gw2community a few times. But even if you can get into one of the most populated servers of EU it usually doesn’t end well. I don’t see how Megaservers will bring any change to this. It might make it easier to rally forces for lower populated servers such as my own server. But Megaservers won’t take away the fact that the Wurm is too difficult for the average player who seem to lack competence to deal with the event.

I like how they added world events to guild activities. My guild members gave up long ago though. I would have to join another guild because my guild is simply too small. Alliances would be a nice addition for events such as this one.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

I totally get the frustration over this. It really isn’t a matter of difficulty. The mechanics of the fight are really straightforward and simple. It’s just a lack of understanding on the part of the average player. Maybe the associated NPCs could explain the mechanics in a slightly plainer and more obtrusive manner? Color matching and button spamming shouldn’t be that difficult to understand.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Well, you don’t want to hear that Wurm Map got today on Mega Server.

What simply means the organization of this event is very, very damaged starting the point we needed one empty/low pop overflow to do it, and right now people will need to “fit” inside one already populated Mega Server.
It’s guaranteed many that are on such organized TS will simply not get in, and commanders will have trouble when it comes to put everybody on their MegaServer instance on their TS (what is really necessary as greatly improves the chances of success).

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

If you don’t want to be organised and listen and just do your own thing, just don’t come. Its a bit blunt but thats the truth of it really. It’s basically a raid, and the first thing most raiding guilds in most games will tell you is that if you don’t want to listen to orders, be focused and organised, then please don’t sign up for a raid.

Just because it’s there doesn’t mean you need to do it.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

If you don’t want to be organised and listen and just do your own thing, just don’t come. Its a bit blunt but thats the truth of it really. It’s basically a raid, and the first thing most raiding guilds in most games will tell you is that if you don’t want to listen to orders, be focused and organised, then please don’t sign up for a raid.

Just because it’s there doesn’t mean you need to do it.

Exactly so

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Good luck trying to attempt wurm.

Because right now it’ll be impossible to complete it since the map got megaserv’d

Map will now be full of leeches and unorganized players who stand where they want in phase 2.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

It is now on a megaserver. For teq the only difference is that you see different languages spouting ‘we are going to fail’ instead of one language. Wurm is going to be tough to organize, but after that is settled it should go back to being a 90% kill rate for the groups that do it daily. Hopefully with a much better schedule and more ways to get to the group you want to get to it will be a fast transition.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

This is really why I think Anet should sometimes stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Raids have been instanced for the last 10 years in MMOs, and this is why.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: cakesphere.5910

cakesphere.5910

Good luck trying to attempt wurm.

Because right now it’ll be impossible to complete it since the map got megaserv’d

Map will now be full of leeches and unorganized players who stand where they want in phase 2.

Doing wurm on a megaserver is going to be nearly impossible. It by far requires the most coordination of anything in the PvE game, and good luck getting a bunch of randos to come into teamspeak to organize. It’s going to have to be an attempt on an overflow or none at all.
You’ll be lucky to get an attempt to P2, let alone to a kill with megaservers.

This is really why I think Anet should sometimes stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Raids have been instanced for the last 10 years in MMOs, and this is why.

Yep.
While I love the idea of huge complicated world boss fights, it creates so many problems because people are kittens.

GS1’ing world bosses since 2013
#mesmerlyfe

(edited by cakesphere.5910)

Tired of Triple Trouble

Yargesh.4965

People said that about Teq, now it is a drop-in because so many people have run it successfully. ANET adding more spawns on the highest level world events and easier ways to get in the same instance and it is not a problem even for the next event that they release.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

People said that about Teq, now it is a drop-in because so many people have run it successfully. ANET adding more spawns on the highest level world events and easier ways to get in the same instance and it is not a problem even for the next event that they release.

Teq difficulty is no where near Wurm. Tequatl doesn’t require special builds or assignments with special skills or classes.

Wurm is going to fail hard with megaservers because people don’t understand the importance of positioning and focusing on mobs only when you are assigned to.

Hell, can you imagine trying to do crimson and having pugs finish off the last extractor instead of waiting for the other wurms to catch up?

Or how about cobalt and having pugs take half of the barrels and end up delivering them one by one?

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

I agree with Volt, the Tequatl comparative to Wurm is not correct.

Wurm requires really hardcore organization,. special teams, special builds, special TS Coordination. With Mega Servers now, i have no idea how that will still be possible.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Yargesh.4965

Teq difficulty is no where near Wurm. Tequatl doesn’t require special builds or assignments with special skills or classes.

Wurm is going to fail hard with megaservers because people don’t understand the importance of positioning and focusing on mobs only when you are assigned to.

Hell, can you imagine trying to do crimson and having pugs finish off the last extractor instead of waiting for the other wurms to catch up?

Or how about cobalt and having pugs take half of the barrels and end up delivering them one by one?

If you read what I wrote I never once said it would not fail. I did say it will require both organization on the player side and changes on ANETS side.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Noah.4756

I made this post before the zone was added to Megaservers. But it looks like this event is now even more crippled due to language barriers and the inability to join your own people.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Noah.4756

Had another try at it today. We had enough people, three commanders. But none of the wurms even got below 50%.

There was this one guy who kept shouting we should just kill one wurm instead of all three. I asked him why because the Bronze chest is absolutely worthless. He said he just wanted to kill it and he only played for one week. Lol.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Maselko.8142

Maselko.8142

They really need to change how the wurms work or simply nerf them. Now with megaservers any decent organisation is REALLY hard, next to impossible. Keep tellin people how to wurm, they won’t listen and keep on autoattacking

There was this one guy who kept shouting we should just kill one wurm instead of all three. I asked him why because the Bronze chest is absolutely worthless. He said he just wanted to kill it and he only played for one week. Lol.

Was one of the commanders there. With attitude as that guy, we won’t ever make it.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

Never bothered with wurm because I was waiting for people to finish working out all the strategies and junk, and now? Needs more nerf. Did tequatl today and it was great, even better than I remember. Everyone and I mean everyone knew what to do, and played their roles like clockwork. Then I went to wurm. Clusterkitten kittenbomb. I’ll try again in another two months when I’ve forgotten how much I didn’t enjoy that.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Noah.4756

Another try today. I was with two very well organized guilds called ET and DV. We got two of the wurms down. Amber failed because at one point we needed just 1 more harpoon, therefore missing a whole DPS phase. Very frustrating. The silver chest was definitely not worth the 2 hours of my time.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Xia.3485

Xia.3485

Instanced raids please.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Noah.4756

Finally got it killed today thanks to gw2community and some really good commanding. However, the megaserver we were in was still full of people who didn’t listen and almost made us fail.

Also the reward was absolutely not worth the hours and hours of time it took to finally kill it. I basically got a bunch of greens and maybe a few rares.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Yargesh.4965

The Teq fight gives better rewards but I much prefer the Wurm. GW2community leaders are really good at getting things done, even with the huge difficulty of getting organized.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: stayBlind.7849

stayBlind.7849

Personally, I am still waiting for a game that does not require me to click the mouse or anything. I work all day at a real job and now I am supposed to work in a game?! It should be like TV where I can sit back and relax but still be able to brag about how good I am at playing.

(edited by stayBlind.7849)

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Finally got it killed today thanks to gw2community and some really good commanding. However, the megaserver we were in was still full of people who didn’t listen and almost made us fail.

Also the reward was absolutely not worth the hours and hours of time it took to finally kill it. I basically got a bunch of greens and maybe a few rares.

I was there for that one as well, running condi team on crimson. Had a few hairy moments when the wurm got away but boy was it tense. Literally down to the wire on that run. Big thanks to the DV and ET commanders for keeping it tight.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Just join TTS .. everything is easy as kitten then

Or isn’t that suddenly anymore the almighty answer to all problems with these encounters ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Noah.4756

Just join TTS .. everything is easy as kitten then

Or isn’t that suddenly anymore the almighty answer to all problems with these encounters ?

I have been trying to join the EU equivalent of TTS for ages but their recruitment always seems to be closed. I found another great group though and I have been able to complete the achievements.

However, problems are still there. The last few days I am unable to get into the same instance as my alliance. The moment we taxi into Bloodtide Coast the instance fills up with random players and I end up into a different server. This is caused by the following problems:

• We can’t have our own instance. Although we can choose to start a guild event (which is quite expensive) this still doesn’t guarantee that all players will be able to join the same map. This means that in both situations (schedule and guild event) we end up with random people who sometimes don’t even speak our language or can’t communicate.
  • The schedule is not optimal. We have one spawn during prime time (during dinnertime). Also Tequatl and Triple Wurm are scheduled too close to each other forcing us to rush from one zone to another without giving us the required time to organize.
  • Taxi’ing is a tedious process. Getting every person into the same Megaserver is rather hard and requires the majority of our available time coordinating the event.
  • Random people think they can just run with the zerg without trying to figure out what to do to successfully complete the event.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Noah.4756

The recent change to how reflects work on Triple Wurm just made me not want to go there anymore for a while. I hope this change will be reverted soon.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I was in TTS, got many kills, got my titles and then realized that the wait, coupled with hoping you get into a server with the rest of TTS was just too much hassle to bother anymore.
I haven’t done wurms or teq in ages since they are not worth the time if you are not in a TTS instance.
To each his/her own, if they want to wait and hope for a .000001% chance of an asc drop, but for me I just won’t bother anymore.
It is too bad really because the events are fun, I can only hope that people get better individually at the metas since it will only help random megaservers.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Tired of Triple Trouble

Yargesh.4965

I was in TTS, got many kills, got my titles and then realized that the wait, coupled with hoping you get into a server with the rest of TTS was just too much hassle to bother anymore.
I haven’t done wurms or teq in ages since they are not worth the time if you are not in a TTS instance.
To each his/her own, if they want to wait and hope for a .000001% chance of an asc drop, but for me I just won’t bother anymore.
It is too bad really because the events are fun, I can only hope that people get better individually at the metas since it will only help random megaservers.

Don’t do Teq on a TTS server and your odds of getting in and getting a group that is good enough to kill it is really good. Just run around killing things on that map instead of a different map for 40 min. Wurm is a different story.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: The Revenant.4970

The Revenant.4970

I know this event isn’t supposed to be easy. But I can’t help to think that perhaps Arenanet overestimates the intelligence and devotion of most players. Because the image that I get from people who attend this event is that they are lazy, uninformed and unable to exercise one’s clout. It doesn’t even matter if you put three commanders there explaining step by step what to do. People just think they can zerg which usually doesn’t end well.

People don’t seem to learn from their mistakes because they can just hide in the pack. That is why I liked the Marionette event so much more because people could feel personally responsible for failing the event. I personally think Triple Trouble requires some changes. Not to make it less challenging, but to make people more aware of their mistakes.

Think of it as training for the real world. You’re going to be dealing with these buffoons on a regular occurrence. This is the world we have created and the world we now have to suffer through…I mean live in.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Mikei The Mighty.8690

Mikei The Mighty.8690

If there is one Boss event in GW2 that annoys me more than anything else, its this. Teq is a relatively easy way to Co-ordinate with people knowing what to do. I’m an experience GW2 player, but yet find the triple wurm impossible to do. I’m barely interested in trying anymore, I’ve attempted this event now 4 times, and never once got a wurm lower that 99%! I took a screenshot to show how poorly we did.

What i hate most though, is all those people in guilds going, oh Triple wurm is sooo easy, u need co-ordination through Team speak is all. This event is bad in the fact it doesn’t explain clearly what to do, would be nice to have an NPC tell u how the fight goes. Also if your not killing it fast enough, it should descale so you have a chance – no more champion adds! At one point there were 8 champion adds at the crimson wurm. I’m all for creating hard content, but this event must be completed 0.05% of the time

Attachments:

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Omar Aschi Popp.7496

Omar Aschi Popp.7496

I went yesterday, or sometime close to yesterday, to my first ever Evolved Jungle Wurm Experience Extravaganza just in time for pre, and successfully did it. When it came time to wait for boss’ I asked when should I do, and what I got from about 15 people is variations of this; “shoot it until it dies”

Woooo. I hate looking at the wiki cause it feels like cheating, this is why I rely sometimes on people I am immediately playing with, you know camaraderie and kitten.

Baboons.

List of people whose posts speak on my behalf:
Lunar Sunset.8742
Rogue.7856

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’ve never done the wurm (everytime I tried during Boss Week I got disconnected at the start) so when I happened to be on the map a week back when it started I thought I would try it.

Bad move. It was a random pug map with no map chat coordination. The one guy who tried to give instructions was shut down because “we already know that”. I found some instructions on the internet about what to do. Everyone split up randomly to follow an NPC to a wurm site. After a few minutes with dead people everywhere and the wurm still going strong, I remembered some farming I needed to do and left.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Tried it once. I’ll be back when the nerf bat removes around 75% fo the wurms HP. Its a ciclic battle for christ sake, who wants to repeat the same thing a million times to get a giantic wurm killed? Give me a new more terrorific creature,… I’ve been killing gigantic wurms since the game released.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Elstar.7864

Elstar.7864

based on my brief observation of pugs repeatedly failing this event on each megaserver instance i manage to load, i’d say it needs to be brought in line with other world boss events, to be completed without sophisticated organization and out of game tools. and well… ban all those advertising “paid taxi to xxx”, it’s basically a scam.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

Triple Trouble is mindlessly easy lol…………..
all you need is an organized group, which was anet’s intent in the first place.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Elstar.7864

Elstar.7864

“all you need is an organized group” + “open world event” + “megaserver” = “epic fail”. especially when there is no way to select a proper instance by yourself.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

I loooooove to see people complaining about this “impossible” event. As a french lead that organized countless trys on this event, and succeed both before and after the 15/04 (last one i did was this sunday), i can tell you that if you are not able to get it, you are doing it wrong. In EU, there is at least 4 communities that do it on a regular basis, French, Spanish, German, and of course the gw2community team. I actually did with 3 of them, and succeed with the 3. (Never did with the German one, thought i’d love to try with them sometime)

Btw,

1) This content has been designed to be hard
2) It has been designed to be done by very organized team that know what they are doing ONLY
3) It works perfectly well as intended. PERIOD.

The only minor issue isn’t about the event itself, but about the way we gather on the map. It was bad before the 15/04, it is bad now aswell IMO (with or without megaserver, if you aren’t in time for the taxi you can’t get in the right map), but i think Anet know it and will come with a better way someday. In the meantime, if we are able to do it, you should be aswell, if not, either you are doing it wrong, or you are a leecher. In both case, the problem is coming from you.

(edited by Kordash.2197)

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

“all you need is an organized group” + “open world event” + “megaserver” = “epic fail”. especially when there is no way to select a proper instance by yourself.

Argument is invalid when you consider most players pug it. The system of instancing is useful only if you already have a organised group (a guild or something similar) that’s been pre-organised to do the event. In such a case ANet offers the ability to start the event whenever you like. Meaning your guild doesn’t need an instance they just need to do it at some other time.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

That’s how AN designed this game and that’s the kind of community they’ve cultivated here. “Casual” used to mean that you don’t spend 24/7 in the game grinding for stats, it didn’t mean that you lack skill, brain etc. GW2 changed that perspective, casuals here are a scary crowd. Can’t be helped. Join GW2 community or TXS, TTS.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Noah.4756

I honestly doubt that how the Triple Wurm currently functions is even near perfect. Here’s just a few things that make me cringe about this event:

• As you said yourself the taxi system is terrible. You have to join an hour early to get into a good server. That means an hour doing nothing productive.
  • New bugs that are introduced each time such as wurm eggs that can’t be reflected and scaling issues
  • The time he spawns in EU is inconvenient to say the least. You also have to rush from one big world event (Tequatl) to the next (Triple Wurm)
  • Organizing with random people speaking different languages (especially the french and germans) is impossible. Even if they do speak your language there is a big chance many players are undergeared and have no clue what to do during the event

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

I honestly doubt that how the Triple Wurm currently functions is even near perfect. Here’s just a few things that make me cringe about this event:

- As you said yourself the taxi system is terrible. You have to join an hour early to get into a good server. That means an hour doing nothing productive.
- New bugs that are introduced each time such as wurm eggs that can’t be reflected and scaling issues
- The time he spawns in EU is inconvenient to say the least. You also have to rush from one big world event (Tequatl) to the next (Triple Wurm)
- Organizing with random people speaking different languages (especially the french and germans) is impossible. Even if they do speak your language there is a big chance many players are undergeared and have no clue what to do during the event

1) Taxi on the server are not linked to the event, this problem is about the system, not the event itself.
2) The reflect nerf is intended, not a bug (i’ve seen a post by dev confirming this). The scaling is currently working well, didn’t saw a try with a bugscaling in a while (thought they could be one, just never got one over the past 2 months)
3) With experienced people, this is not an issue, see the gw2community or the French one, it doesn’t bother us so much we can do Teq followed by the wurm without that much trouble. However, spawning @ 7pm is IMO inconvenient for the french indeed (just the time when you come home from work, if you have a familly, well … you’re screwed :p).
4) Wrong. The Spanish and the French community did the event together, on the Spanish TeamSpeak with around 75 french and 75 spanish, sometimes more, sometimes less on one or the other side (50-100 sometimes), and we did get the kill. And more than once. I’ve personnaly lead some of those trys. And it was a loooooot of fun, the spanish crew was awesome i must say (big up to their leaders aswell).
The language was a barrier, indeed, but we could get ride of this with a little bit of cooperation. We spoke english, french, spanish, and did the translation for those who where in need. Seriously, that was the one of my greatest moment in GW2, where 2 communities overcome their difference and succeed in one of the hardest content of this game.

(edited by Kordash.2197)

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

The only aspect that makes these bosses hard is that you have to deal with people who don’t want to cooperate, listen or learn.
That and kitten poor system which doesn’t even guarantee you of gettin into the right overflow or whatever they’re called now.

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Argument is invalid when you consider most players pug it. The system of instancing is useful only if you already have a organised group (a guild or something similar) that’s been pre-organised to do the event. In such a case ANet offers the ability to start the event whenever you like. Meaning your guild doesn’t need an instance they just need to do it at some other time.

Actually no. My guild spawns it manually, and we always have to play Join Wars 2. Because the sheer number of guildies loading in to a map causes more and more pugs to be thrown in with us. Finding an empty map to begin with is nigh impossible. There’s always at least 30% capacity. The whole point of the megaserver system was to bring randoms together and eliminate empty servers. Tell me how a guild finds their own instance when the system is designed to keep instances full and delete the empty ones?

Tired of Triple Trouble

Posted by: Mada.5319

Mada.5319

I fail to see how this is a problem with the actual event itself. This is an issue regarding the megaservers, not the event. Even then, it’s easy enough to find an empty instance and taxi your people in.