Tired of constant combat w/trash mobs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

Seriously – this game is way overpopulated with mobs with insane aggro radius. Too many on the maps, and they repop much too quickly. Constant combat with trash does not equal content, folks.
While we are at that, it would be nice if we got the same dither as players that NPCs do – totally sick of getting snagged on every step, rock, branch, etc that I come across.

This game seems fine for sightseeing, crafting (other than too many mats for what you make), enjoying the cut scenes and whatnot, but the combat system is horribly limited, and the lack of buffing/debuffing and cures/heals classes really knocks it down a few pegs quality-wise. Real shame, too. Changes to the traiting system just made that worse.

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

I love the game and all but I gotta agree with this guy.

-Ironcurtain

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Not so much that support “classes” are not there, but that you can’t really build into them. Most of the buffs/debuffs have a fixed effect no matter what gear etc is equipped, and the heals barely change when built for. On the other hand, you DPS really changes depending on build.

And i agree on the terrain stuff. I seem to constantly get stuck on some outcropping i should have easily stepped over when going up onto the walls in Silverwastes. whats worse is that getting so snagged will often make me move sideways with much the same speed as when going forward. End result is that unless i notice and let go of the key asap, i am liable to drop off a ledge.

And the respawn has been odd since day one of this game. Best i can tell a killed mob is added to the end of a spawn queue. And when it comes round it looks for any available spawn spot on the map keyed to that “class” of mob. so if someone ran through and killed some spiders over there, and you start slaughtering spiders over here, all of a sudden you can have new spiders spawn on top of you because the queue has come round to those killed by that other person. For the player this makes it appear as if the spawn rate is much higher than it really is.