Tired of grinding for Fractal weapon skins

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Carlos.9104

Carlos.9104

I really am…

I have been doing 28 and 38 FotM dailies every single day diligently for the past 2-3 months and only got 3 skins to show for. Even if I grind for another 6 months, it does not necessarily mean that I would get the Fractal Shield skin that I’m after.

Precursor at this moment seems easier to obtain seriously; at least I can farm gold for to buy one off the TP. But this? Why Anet why won’t you make them trade-able or implement a token or relic system already so that we players have a sense of progression?!

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

Sound like a burn out. Slow down and relax.

Posted by: Diy.5296

Diy.5296

It would be nice if they just added em on a merchant for like 2000 relics, 20 pristine relics, 5 shards of mist as the cost. Kills two birds with 1 stone, making a more reasonable way to get the skins and creates a sink to get rid of superfluous FotM tokens everyone, who runs it a lot, has.

Posted by: IVIUIEI.9631

IVIUIEI.9631

I have never done dotm, is it fun

vvuevv

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Real the OP more closely. The RNG is what’s forcing him to play more. If it was fixed, he may well be able to “slow down”, as you so tactfully put it.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Poplolita.2638

Real the OP more closely. The RNG is what’s forcing him to play more. If it was fixed, he may well be able to “slow down”, as you so tactfully put it.

I did. It’s a burn out, and he should relax and slow down, eventually he’ll get what he so dearly want. RNG doesn’t force anyone to play more.

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

… RNG doesn’t force anyone to play more.

yes it does – gamblers

kill all ze thingz

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

I did. It’s a burn out, and he should relax and slow down, eventually he’ll get what he so dearly want. RNG doesn’t force anyone to play more.

Yeah actually, it kinda does. If you’re looking for a specific skin and it never drops, you’ll need to continue doing it until it does. RNG in video games is notoriously bad for this sort of thing as well because there is no such thing as true RNG with computers.

Stuff goes here.

Poplolita.2638

Yeah actually, it kinda does. If you’re looking for a specific skin and it never drops, you’ll need to continue doing it until it does. RNG in video games is notoriously bad for this sort of thing as well because there is no such thing as true RNG with computers.

This is why I’m telling him to relax and slow down.

Posted by: The Bukkaking.5482

The Bukkaking.5482

if you are gonna make fractal weapons cost pristine relics, it should be 50+ to be fair to those of us who grinded a lot of 40+

otherwise every joe who does daily 10/20 everyday would have one in a week

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

Remember in Guild Wars 1, when you needed gems to get an armbrace of truth to choose the torment skin you wanted , thus, reducing the grind to a minimum?

Anet doesn’t .

Posted by: Rama.6439

Rama.6439

And I’ll tell you what’s a real slap in the face to all of us who grind everyday for the frac skins, this stupid SAB that they have now, new skins for every world that they are supposedly releasing, why nothing new for fractals, why nothing updated in fractals? They hate us don’t they. I hate them to.

Arcubus Balefire – 80 Guardian
Välkyri – 80 Warrior
JQ[Lulz] – Kill fur Thrillz…

Posted by: Nikon Justus.6902

Nikon Justus.6902

if you are gonna make fractal weapons cost pristine relics, it should be 50+ to be fair to those of us who grinded a lot of 40+

otherwise every joe who does daily 10/20 everyday would have one in a week

I agree with the OP and you, I think there should be a way to get them with pristine relics and even if it was 50+ to get them that’s OK too but at least that way there would be a clear path to getting the one you want.

I have actually been pretty lucky when it comes to getting FotM skins (have 12 so far) but very unlucky in getting the one I actually WANT. There is one skin that I want very bad (GS) and two others that would be nice (shield and rifle) but they just don’t want to drop for me

I would love to be able to trade in some unwanted skins or some of my 40+ unwanted rings to be able to get the skins I want.

Maybe make a mystic forge recipe for 3 unwanted skins + 10 gs hilts (or whatever for the type of weapon you want)

Just something to give a clear path to acquiring the skin that you will actually want and use.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I have been doing 28 and 38 FotM dailies every single day […]

There’s your problem. I do 48’s whenever I do FotM at all and I get a skin 1 out of 3 or so runs, depending on RNG. 28 and 38 have garbage chances to drop the skins.

Getting the skin you want is another story altogether. Anyone want one of my dozen Fractal Hammers? Anyone?

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: The Bukkaking.5482

The Bukkaking.5482

I made a post about it last week but unfortunately it got arbitrarily moved and buried in the suggestion forum. I think that it would be a perfect fix. I would appreciate if you would read and bump it if you like the idea.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/A-fair-simple-solution-for-Fractal-weapons/

(edited by The Bukkaking.5482)

Posted by: ddak.3150

ddak.3150

I really am…

I have been doing 28 and 38 FotM dailies every single day diligently for the past 2-3 months and only got 3 skins to show for. Even if I grind for another 6 months, it does not necessarily mean that I would get the Fractal Shield skin that I’m after.

Precursor at this moment seems easier to obtain seriously; at least I can farm gold for to buy one off the TP. But this? Why Anet why won’t you make them trade-able or implement a token or relic system already so that we players have a sense of progression?!

At least you’ve got 3 skins – I’ve run fractals for months and 0 skins… they just love RNG loot, so don’t bother talking about it here since no developer gave an answer/reason/anything on these kind of topics , ever

Posted by: Calae.1738

Calae.1738

Telling him to relax and slow down is like telling an alcoholic to drink less alcohol. The solution for him is to stop cold turkey. If you study variable ratio reward schedules in psychology you would learn that the subject (if predisposed to psychological addictions) is very likely to keep repeating the same task until the reward is received.

(edited by Calae.1738)

Posted by: Lanser.8520

Lanser.8520

One issue with FotM is that you have to do it every day if you want the knowledge of having the chance to get the skin. Taking a break or skipping a day is a guarenteed lost chance that you can never get back, and future runs don’t guarentee progress, so it feels like you lost a lot more than you really have.

Really, if I could get the skins I want, I could run FotM casually every once and a while for progression instead of tearing my hair out over how broken things seem to be. Until then, every wasted day feels like a loss.

If you were able to stop for a few days, and start up again without losing progress you can make on the skin you are aiming for, there would be less stress on doing the dungeon every day, because hey you don’t lose progress on something, and you can come continue it later.

Please, its been so long since I could just WvW without a care in the, ah, world.

Edit: there are also a few threads on the dungeon forums about this, and a few more in suggestions proposing ways to fix this. Mine included.

(edited by Lanser.8520)

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I wouldn’t mind paying 3-4k fractal relics for those skin, personally.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I wish i could understand the appeal of those ugly skins..even the commendation skins look better and those sweet SAB skins win for me.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

You should be able, at least, to exchange them at a merchant. They would still be exclusive (kinda, luckers already drop them at lv20), but not ridicolously RNG-esque.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

I’ll probably get hate for this idea, but here goes :

Keep the rng in 20 and 30, but have 40+ have a chance at redeemable tokens(like fused weps) instead of a random skin.

Done.

Posted by: Goose.5196

Goose.5196

Keep the rng in 20 and 30, but have 40+ have a chance at redeemable tokens(like fused weps) instead of a random skin.

Done.

Much better than what they have now….

I don’t want more things to get, I want more things to do.

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

Done.

Much better than what they have now….

It was something I came up with on a whim, but I wanted there to still be a reason for players like me to want to keep doing the 40 dailies despite them taking longer.

I’m okay with 20/30 having a chance at weapons, but it kitten es me off when they’re walking around with the weapon they want with hardly any time invested while I’ve been at 500 for a long time and haven’t gotten a single weapon of use.

I believe this creates a lazy medium.

Poplolita.2638

Telling him to relax and slow down is like telling an alcoholic to drink less alcohol. The solution for him is to stop cold turkey. If you study variable ratio reward schedules in psychology you would learn that the subject (if predisposed to psychological addictions) is very likely to keep repeating the same task until the reward is received.

Yes I know. But it’ll be great for you to take note that we’re not in rl context, we’re in a forum, I can’t appropriatly and directly help him. Telling him to relax and slow down is really the only thing I can do for him, relevant or not.

Thank you.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Cool story, but I would like to just get an exotic drop….since release I have never gotten more than 1 period and I play more than enough to have gotten them by now. The only way an exotic has passed through my hands is via crafting and even then it took me months to acquire the mats. Drop rate is just broken for some people, they claim it was fixed, it is not. I too have done up to 30-ish fractals and never gotten a fractal skin or any ascended drop, so count yourself lucky. They are sure their drops are “working as intended” ….yeah ok, I think not. Just remember it could be worse, you could be me >.>

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

Sounds more like disregard of peoples time. Something really wrong with this game is the lack of reward, let’s be honest here, time is the commodity. ANet want’s people to play and support the game via RMT, but is so stingy people end up leaving in frustration. I know I’d never get a FotM weapon, I got bored running it a handful of times – absolutely mind numbing imo, but I digress.

RNG will not keep people happy, especially when it’s RNG wrapped in RNG with sprinkles of RNG on the top, packed in a nice little RNG box.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Poplolita.2638

Sounds more like disregard of peoples time. Something really wrong with this game is the lack of reward, let’s be honest here, time is the commodity. ANet want’s people to play and support the game via RMT, but is so stingy people end up leaving in frustration. I know I’d never get a FotM weapon, I got bored running it a handful of times – absolutely mind numbing imo, but I digress.

RNG will not keep people happy, especially when it’s RNG wrapped in RNG with sprinkles of RNG on the top, packed in a nice little RNG box.

I agree.