To Help Rebuild Lions Arch

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rockweaver.3102

Rockweaver.3102

Q:

Dear Arena Net. I have a simple request for you.
Well simple from my point of view. From your side I suspect that it would be a touch larger.

I and I think many of the guilds would love to assist with the rebuilding of Lions Arch. We are hurt that our center of trading and crafting was destroyed. And we see this as an opportunity to craft our part of the legend into the game.

I would like to see the ability for each guild to purchase a guild house in Lions Arch. Slow down cowboy… I know it’s a large request but it’s a smart request. Let me explain.

First you have to purchase the land from the Commodore. (You cannot sale land to other guilds only the commodore can transfer the deed of land and that at a price.)
Then you must purchase the design of the guild hall.
(No you cannot change the building once it’s built). Paint color is the only change.(and that will cost you money for painters)
Then you must purchase the supplies to build the hall. (Or have members provide them)
And do not forget you will need labor to build the hall. (Perhaps some way can be developed for player to help with the work much like in WvWvW when they have to bring supplies to repair a wall.)
laborers they will need to be hired and encouraged to do the work.

All of this takes gold or supplies but it will take a guild to pull it off.
I do not see the Guild Hall as being a huge building or that it will have a ton of stuff in it.
It needs the following.
1. A wall for guild achievements.
2. A Guild Notice / note board
3. Guild storage
4. Perhaps a guild weapon smith and or armor smith.

Furniture could be had for a price, and a limited number of units can be in a hall at any time.
The ability to add a 2nd floor or a basement would be purchased as an add on that has additional cost etc.
I see the max size to be close to a tavern or bar 2 floors and a basement.

By making the process modular like this it is possible to permit all guilds the chance to build a hall. NOTE if a guild disbands the house will be torn down or sold as is. All proceeds will go to Lions Arch and the funds are used to provide security to the town in the form of the Lions Guard.

I am hopeful that this idea has provided you with a glimmer of the possibilities that this provides to you and to the guilds. Thank you for your time.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Warframe had something kind of like this. The materials costs were insane, though, and smaller guilds had no chance.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Rockweaver.3102

Rockweaver.3102

that is where the idea of modular comes in to play and that you do not have to purchase a huge place if you only need a small one. it should not be hard to develop a teared system so that even a small guild can have a small guild house. yes it is a form of a class system in some peoples mind but, it also provides for each guild to take part.

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Uh, so it’s like instanced or phased? Otherwise it’s impossible with the amount of guilds.

Elona is Love, Elona is life.